Queen's University Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work
LMS specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 November 2017
The staff and management at Queen's is second to none. As an employee, the experience has been exceptional and I would recommend the opportunity to anyone.
Pros
staff collaboration and work environment
Cons
not the best pay
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 November 2017
My work experience at Queen's was a great one. The course of instruction was clearly laid out and the instructor cared about the outcome and learning objectives of the course.
Good Place to work
Research Assistant (On-call) (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 November 2017
Queens University is a good place for learning and acquiring relevant skills you require in a grooming a preferred career. A typical day at work gives you the opportunity to contribute what you have learnt in time past to solve pending engineering problems.
Pros
Flexible
Fun place to work
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 November 2017
The university was simply the best place I have ever worked.People here were extremely helpful and considerate. The pay wasn't bad either. The city is awesome too.
amazing work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 November 2017
working at Queens for 5 years was a very busy place with the amount of Students from all over the world it was amazing working for the company and around the queen students
Excellent School
Home Events General Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 November 2017
The Smith School of Business is highly reputable in Canada and it provides it's students an unparalleled experience to leadership. With it's amazing exchange program that over 80% of upper year students take advantage of, it allows students to get a global perspective on the world of business.
great opportunity
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
allowed us the opportunity to work on a one of a kind project which has never been done before. The work although tedious is exceptionally useful for the research process.
Student
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 October 2017
Being a student is a lot of work and money, although this changes depending on the specific program that one applies to. Overall Queen's University provides many educational opportunities.
Friendly working environment
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 October 2017
Great places with strong support for research and always have exposed to new skills. Treat employee as great asset and always can approach supervisor for help and advice.
Fun way to Lean and Experiment !
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 October 2017
Good support for students, to follow their interests and good resources available to achieve the same! Presently, in second year of Master's Program and its been great so far!

Want to know more about Queen's University?

Ask a question
Great teaching experience.
English Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 September 2017
I was hired to work a part-time short-term summer contract teaching ESL for academic purposes.
The staff was clear from the beginning that this would be a non-renewable contract, but I was okay with that.
I wanted to get experience, and a current reference.
I really found this to be a great experience, and the pay was great.
My supervisor provided all of the details regarding the days, hours, rate of pay, and details.
All of this turned out to be accurate so this was a well-organized workplace to work for, and I loved it.
My supervisors allowed for lots of creativity in the classroom, which was awesome.
I would highly recommend this educational facility to anybody.
It was a great experience.
Pros
Great supporting staff, well-organized, and great pay.
Cons
No parking, and lots of parking tickets.
great school, great environment
Advisory Board Member (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 September 2017
Enjoyed getting to know ins and outs of university administration - and providing input on student life at Queens. Important to foster a sense of community service and giving back.
Productive and Learning
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 September 2017
Excellent work environment following ethical procedures in all aspects in the lab. Priority given to safe working of the students/researchers. Strong support and guidance throughout the time period by the supervisor.
Traditional work environment with commitment to excellence.
Recruitment Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 September 2017
Traditional work environment, committed to excellence and continuous improvement. Really enjoyed the team, and depending on the environment, it goes through very busy and slow periods, as any company does.
Masters of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Civil Technician (Former Employee) –  Queen's University5 September 2017
A great university to study. Queen's provides various courses which were industrial based and updated. It also provides the opportunity to the students to work inside the campus, with good leaders. I took seven courses and one project to accomplish my Masters program. The most enjoyable part was as the choreographer of the QISA team, which allowed me to interact with the new people. The one thing I learned from the university is to give the best at every moment of life.
Fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 July 2017
The work environment is fun and rewarding. I felt like I was helping people everyday that I was there.

I would recommend this work place to a friend.
A very supportive and friendly environment to be at.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 July 2017
I joined Queen's university as a graduate student for five years and as a postdoctoral fellow for less than a year. During this period I got the chance to work with different research groups and communicating with many colleagues, staff and faculty members. Overall, I feel it was an amazing experience.
Enjoyable workplace with strong faculty
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 June 2017
I enjoyed working as a teaching assistant at Queen's University. I learnt quite a bit about a variety of academic subdisciplines. I also believe that this job enhanced by comprehension and writing skills. Working as a teaching assistant forces an individual to be able to speak effectively, be patient as well as learn to engage with a variety of student skillsets.
Great Time
Library Assistant, Joseph S. Stauffer Library (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 June 2017
Very nice employer, no complaints. Well structured, great support for individual needs. Opportunity for advancement and location is great right near the water.
Queens is a fabulous institution
Service Staff, Walkhome (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 May 2017
The best 4 years of my life here thus far. Jobs within the AMS are student-run and equal opportunity. Managers are very understanding of academic demands and engagements. Great way to meet people.