Reporting to: Business Development Manager
Division: HazMat, Emergency Response & Remediation
In this exciting Entrepreneurial role the Senior Project Manager will be working closely with Alberta's Emergency Response, Hazmat and Remediation teams to development business in Saskatchewan and carry out projects with supports of the team. This position will complete full-cycle projects from start to finish with the ability to do the necessary hands on work as well as source external partnerships.
- Provide leadership for Health and Safety
- Business Development to identify Client requirements and to track upcoming opportunities
- Prepare and submit Proposals, Tenders, Prequalification’s in response to specific Client project needs
- Be accountable for the successful execution of a portfolio of projects in accordance with the scope, schedule, and budget and to meet Client expectations
- Prepare contracts and negotiate changes to contractual agreements with consultants, Clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Direct operational staff and monitor the activities of subcontractors
- Develop and implement safety and quality control plans and programs
This position will complete full-cycle projects from start to finish with the ability to do the necessary hands on work as well as source external partnerships.
- Coordination and implementation of Emergency Response, HazMat Abatement and Remediation in the Region
- Ensure compliance with Regional (provincial and territorial) and other regulatory authorities
- Ensure compliance with overall QMLP Health and Safety Policy and Programs
- Provide Operational Response to ER incidents
- Assist the management team in coordinating National initiatives related to Emergency Response, HazMat and Remediation
- Marketing to Regional and National clients
- Responsible for billing and cost recovery
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining equipment assigned to the Region
- Regional resource management and coordination
- Respond to Emergency Projects: Site Assessment & Control; Containment & Confinement Activities; Mitigation Activities; Clean up Procedures; Decontamination; Waste Management ; Remediation
- Graduate from both a secondary and a post-secondary institution
- Graduate from a university program related to civil engineering or college diploma in construction technology
- Trades Certifications are an asset
- Gold Seal & Project Management Certificate would be an asset
- In business development and interacting with Clients
- Strong networks of consultants in the related fields
- In project management and at least 5 years with the direct responsibility for all resource allocation and management responsibilities and with the administration of prime contracts, subcontracts, and estimating contracts
- Proven ability to use construction cost control financial package
- In evaluating options with respect to various technical, schedule, budget, regulatory, and financial constraints and for the purposes of guiding the demolition process
- Of environmental legislation, standards, and guidelines
- Of the Project Management Body of Knowledge published by the Project Management Institute;
- Of the engineering design, tender, and construction management
- To analyze and evaluate complex problems and to plan and lead multi-disciplinary teams of technical and field operations personnel and external consultants to execute demolition solutions;
- To prepare detailed ‘bottom-up’ construction cost estimates for the purposes of responding to specific tender requests and in preparing analogous or ‘top-down’ estimates for budgetary purposes.
- To communicate project risks effectively with Clients and Stakeholders and to negotiate contract changes;
- To work effectively with various computer software applications such as spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel or similar), project management and scheduling (Microsoft Project or similar), financial accounting (Explorer Contract Manager or similar);
- Effective interpersonal relations
- Independent and driven
Work is primarily in an office environment but requires frequent travel to work sites, to monitor the progress of work and to meet with Clients.
Quantum Murray LP (QMLP) is a full service, specialty environmental contractor providing, demolition, decommissioning, emergency response,...