QUANTUM

QUANTUM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Quantum is an innovative leader in data storage
Sr. Director of Operations (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 17, 2013
Great team in a challenging environment. Days are focused on satisfying ever more increasingly demanding customers and keeping up with shifting technology.
temp job
Data Entry (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 16, 2013
was good company to work for considering a temp job. Good team environment
Productive and fun place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee), CONovember 19, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: work days with no production.
Production of hard drives varied from day to day. Making for short to long work hours. Knowing that what product went through my station was 100% quality which earned me pay raises and great pride in my work.
Good company going through market transition
Sr. Support Engineer (Former Employee), Boston AreaNovember 15, 2013
Quantum has been a major presence in data storage for many years. The changes occurring in data storage have been challenging for the company.
Obtain a full time position with a reputable company. Improve myself through experience, combined with a hard work ethic
Material Handler III/ Warehouse Specialists (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 8, 2013
Ranges of expertise include manufacturing, warehouse, inventory control, material handling, product knowledge, account retention, vendors, shipping and receiving, quality control, cycle counts, physical inventory, reconciling discrepancies, supervision, and team building.
A great place to work with fun activities
Level 1 Tech Support / CSR (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: work from home on some occasions
Cons: no breaks
Provided in-bound Tier I customer support and initiated RMA’s to replace defective hardware. Managed trouble ticket queues in oracle environment for global businesses. Utilized knowledge necessary to identify problem and solve the problem. Documented information to assist the Sales and Install teams with their productivity and efficiency.

The hardest – more... part of the job was telling customers we had to ship them parts. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing something on the first call. The co-workers were excellent. – less
Great place to work; great co-workers
Administration/Operations/Sales/Service/Support (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: the benefits; people
Cons: pay
nice and quiet place to get work accomplished. Learned quite a bit but with lots of different hats. For the most part management was great and allowed you to work independently. Great co-workers. The hardest part of my job was becoming too efficient at it which gave me a lot more time for other things to do and I should've taken more of advantage of – more... it. The most enjoyable part of work were the people and not only in the office but working with all in the field covering all parts of the country and international as well. – less
Team work and co workers,part fo my job
Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 13, 2013
Worked with engineering to audit customer Drives for large customers such SUN and HP.Inspect and run quality test on drives to insure function.Sort and sceen drives for customer specific requirements.Trained new employees inlean room protocol and CC/ESD Performed precision microscoop sodering on printed on circuit boards.
contract job not stable
Storage Engineer / Verification Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2013
Was there too short of time to tell but I learned a lot of data de-duplication techniques and backup of data.
Great place to work, but they lay off constantly. Little growth opportunity.
Operations (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoAugust 6, 2013
Pros: benefits, flexible time
Cons: poor executive management
Culturally it is wonderful, with lots of intelligent workers. The executives make decisions based on their personal bottom line though, never caring how it impacts the employees. Example, CEO just gave himself a raise and laid off 190 people in the same month. The lay off decisions do not seem to be made with any sort of research into the positions – more... or the people, but at a level so high the impact is huge while they remain aloof. The company seems to be positioning itself to sell. Great benefits and pay, no job security or appreciation for work done. – less
Quantm is not a bad place to work
Repair Technician IV (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits plans
Cons: outsourcing operation department jobs
Quantum is not a bad place to work, they believe in continuous improvement and understand the value of lean manufacturing. Quantum allows outside-the-box thinking and h open door policy for employees to communicate with upper levels of management without hindrance from direct supervisors. It is a shame that jobs are being outsourced to other companies
Quantum is a great place to work.
Failure Analysis Engineer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2013
Quantum is a great place to work with an environment that is conducive to productivity.
typical hardware manufacturing company
Supply Chain Service Business/Site Manager (Current Employee), RedmondJuly 10, 2013
A pretty traditional hardware manufacturing company. A lot of outsourcing activities.
Dynamic company with great people
Accountant (Former Employee), Bellevue, WaMay 18, 2013
Cons: numerous restructuring activities
Anyone applying should read the financials and concentrate on the past five years to get a sense of some of the challenges.
Steady Paychecks
Assembler/Packer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 6, 2013
Pros- Steady paycheck

Cons-No room for advancement, job security is a guessing game and employer will not give you advance notice before being laid off.
High Technology
Planner / Scheduler III - Materials Planner (Former Employee), Louisville, Co.April 30, 2013
Pros: benefits, time off, bonus plan, work enviroment
Cons: executive managements vision
Quantum had purchased a division of Storagetek which I went with. A real eye opener at the time for me as to how a company teats their employees well. I went with the same team that I had been with for years so again it was a great learning opportunity to learn and define my education and career in Supply Chain Management.
Good place/ good people
Test Operator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoApril 16, 2013
Pros: lunches and parties
Cons: stability of comany-lay-offs
Was a good place would still be working there if
Quantum had been doing better and did not have to do lay-offs.
Very Stressful!
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2013
Pros: freedom to execute your responsibilites as if it were your own business
Cons: products are sold well before the are ready.
I do not see Quantum surviving much longer with out being take over.
Excellent company to work for
Engineering Tech IV (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits. great work life balance. lots of opportunity for advancement, training. excellent focus on safety.
Workday is a company full of smart and dedicated people that work their butts off. I love coming to work and being around professionals that are willing to help each other and listen to each other.
This is a great place to work, my team is like my family
Shipping Department Lead (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 2, 2013
We srive for daily exellence and find ways as a team for continious improvment.

About QUANTUM

Established in 1982 in Hong Kong, Quantum Data Systems (QDS) is an independent distributor of branded IT and facility solutions, – Read more