Our client a leader in their field is looking to add a skilled Project Manager/Proposal Specialist to their team. The successful incumbent will have extensive knowledge of project management for large scale multi year projects.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Explaining the scope of the RFP and information that is required to respond to RFPs and RFQs
- Working with Sales team to develop overall tender response strategy and structure of response
- Applying strong writing skills to tie together all elements of proposals
- Providing technical specifications and requirements for costing and pricing for many product requirements for projects
- Ensuring that details and project meets all deadlines set out by the RFP
- Providing pricing for project and calculating pricing breakdown and aspects of pricing (metals, exchange rate, freight, etc.)
- Identifying problems and solutions with pricing strategy
- Providing input to Sales team regarding the optimum price strategy and ability to identify possible risks associated with pricing decisions
- Implementing and managing critical paths/milestones and tools for project
- Maintaining a consistent project management process while being able to identify and resolving all issues and problems associated with the project
- Managing all day to day operational aspects of projects
- Being responsible for all post-project support and reports
- 4 to 5 years’ experience in developing proposals in a sales driven organization, building relationships with customers
- Post-secondary education where knowledge of Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing and Sales has been acquired
- Experience within electrical and/or energy industry a definite asset
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Strong understanding of the RFP process for large scale, multi-year projects
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Strong financial modelling skills with a clear understanding of pricing, manufacturing processes and inventory management
- Effective problem identification and resolution skills
- Highly accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to work as an effective team player
- Ability to apply in-depth mathematical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in providing quotes and pricing information
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset
This dynamic well-established and growth oriented company. Our client offers a comprehensive compensation package.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we're a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Visit us at www.quantum.ca for more job opportunities!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.