Our York region client is a Global Service provider in their line of business. With operating divisions in North America, Europe and Asia, the company wants to hire a Controller who will report to the CFO.
Managing a team of about 14 people, the client wants the Controller who has a broad business outlook and someone who has the abilities to drive the North American business forward.
Besides technical acumen, the Controller also has to be astute and confident in his dealing with the Top Management of the company and, someone who has a strong systems background, especially work on systems conversions and upgrades.
To be considered for this job, the client wants the person to have the following qualifications and experience:
- CA ,CMA or CGA designation, with at least 3-5 years as a Controller in a Service Sector company
- Strong background and experience in accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Strong computer and systems skills, with the ability to work on system conversions and system upgrades
- Knowledge of global accounting practices will be a big advantage
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present and justify matters to the Top Management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand the drivers of business, and utilize them in improving operations and processes
- Knowledge and conceptual understanding of trust accounting
- Ability to take conceptual ideas and transform them in to financial plans, as well as enable others to interpret the financial data to assist in business decision-making
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in financial analysis, budgeting and strategic planning
- Manage financial and accounting tasks including developing, directing, coordinating and administering all financial systems, reporting, and banking relationships
- Oversee audits performed by external audit firms and governmental authorities
- Facilitate year end audit process including project management of all tasks required to execute the audit effectively
- Oversee and assist in executing monthly financial close process
- Report financial results on a monthly basis, providing management discussion and analysis, and insight into revenue and cost drivers
- Review and preparation of Corporate, VAT, and Sale Tax submissions
- Communicate and report financial matters, internally with senior management and line managers, and externally with auditors, banks, and outside stakeholders
- Manage, motivate, coach, and develop accounting department staff
- Provide ongoing analysis of revenue, costs, budget forecasts, capital asset acquisitions.
- Execute global consolidation, drafting of external financial statements, and customized customer financial reporting
- Oversee treasury and cash management planning and execution
- Provide financial planning assistance to management for forecasts and annual budgeting exercises
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we're a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Viraf R Mehta
To view this job on our website, please click here.
Visit us at www.quantum.ca for more job opportunities!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.