Quantum Supply Ltd. has an opportunity for a Solidworks Draftsperson to initially assist in the preparation of a web based training program to be used by our parent and sister company’s worldwide.
The training program will cover all types of valves used in industry and will be primarily for training but also used as an on-going reference tool for both sales and maintenance purposes.
The program will utilize state-of-the-art animated graphics technology to explain component function, demonstrate assembly, disassembly and operation.
The position will also include drafting to support day-to-day valve sales and will include valve engineering drawings, automation assemblies and fabrication drawings.
- Work as an integral part of a dedicated team to produce an advanced on-line product training automated graphics.
- To work to deadlines and to plan upcoming work
- Be able to produce a clear communication in a logical format.
- To graphically represent the operation and maintenance of valves.
- Interact with multiple departments and manufacturers to ensure that the information is accurate and meaningful.
- To research and augment information in order to build a more concise learning experience.
- Work as an integral member of the engineering team supporting the company is valve sales activities.
Preferred — 5+ years of drafting experience for mechanical equipment.
The ideal candidate must:
- be experienced
- be able to demonstrate drafting skills in solid works animation
- meticulous approach to work and an eye for detail.
- demonstrate good organizational skills, including the ability to track action items and work with established be able to manage schedules, reviews, and approval processes of drawings.
- work with minimal direction toward predetermined goals.
- be an exceptional team player that can produce content in the absence of specifications or detail, using a combination of specifications, manufacturers literature, web research, and hands-on access to the product.
- be familiar with all forms of process valves
- be familiar with ASTM B16.34
- be familiar with materials both metallic and synthetic
- be familiar with FEA and Flow Simulation within Solidworks
- have experience in mechanical maintenance
- have experience with Inventor 3D CAD
QUANTUM SUPPLY LTD markets valves to industries in Western Canada and acts as both a manufacturer's representative and distributor. Focal industries include Oil & Gas Production, Heavy Oil Production & Upgrading with a specialization in pressure seal valves for steam service.
The company was founded in April 2000 and initially registered in the province of British Columbia. To facilitate expansion into Alberta the company registered inter-provincially and in 2003 opened a satellite sales office in Calgary. Quantum firmly established itself in Alberta when it opened its Edmonton warehouse and sales office in 2006. Quantum's head office remains in BC and is located in North Vancouver.
At the end of December 2011, Quantum Supply Ltd was acquired by ERIKS through its wholly owned operating company Newdell of Houston, Texas. Founded in 1940, ERIKS is a leading international industrial service provider offering a wide range of high-quality mechanical engineering components and associated technical and logistics services. ERIKS' current product range, including the technical and logistics services that for part of it, is divided into five core activities: flow technology, sealing technology, bearing and power transmission, including electromechanical services and condition monitoring, industrial plastics, and tools and maintenance products. ERIKS currently consists of more than 60 companies with branches in 25 countries, serving over 200,000 customers.
- RRSP with company match
- Extended medical/dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive compensation structure with bonus
- Flexible hours