Quantum Murray LP Employee Reviews in Canada

Very productive and fast paced work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2015
This was one of the greatest learning experiences I have ever had in my life, the job itself was hardwork, long hours, and meant leaving home for months on end to live in hotels across the province of Alberta. The company was fair but played favorites towards certain positions and employees. I wouldnt work for them again based on that I would like to be home at night for at least a week per month, this job cannot provide that for me.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Never be home and always on the road
Great experience but management does not care.
Hazaedous Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONMarch 19, 2016
Quantum used to be a great place to work. Used to feel like a family and you were well taken care of. Everyone worked very well together and people were overall happy to work there. Unfortunately things became more corporate and management became focused on numbers not people. Management no longer cares about their employees and will let people go with out warning or a legit reason. You are not recognized for your hard work and management is more concerned on focusing on one's mistakes and pointing out failures but not working to improve them. It's like they hold a grudge on the smallest mistake. My last few years at Quantum were not enjoyable and that mentality was shared my most of the senior employees. They are on track to loose good hard working people. Unfortunately management has the mentality that these people are replaceable and they can find anyone to take the job.
If you take care of your employees the numbers will show that.
Despite the issues with management I really loved this job. Good hard work with an ever changing environment and can be very exciting.
It's too bad I have moved on. I will definitely miss it.
People don't quit jobs they quit managers.
Pros
Great pay. Awesome experience.
Cons
Never home. Management.
Do not give your life to a company that does not care about you !
Project supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 10, 2014
Management is far from where it needs to be for a company this size.
Most Estimators and project managers have little experience in Demolition. As a relatively new venture in west coast they will not survive producing work at level they are unless they get a seasoned demolition Manager. They delivered as promised but there promises were misleading when hired. Generally if your looking for Work take it if your looking for a Home pass on it as I did.
Pros
big company perks
Cons
mostly out of town work
Fun place to work with lots of responsibilities
JR .Project Manager/ Coordinatoor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2013
I liked working for Quantum. I did lots of different tasks, ranging from simple office tasks, to month end billing, Inventory, scheduling workers to sites, getting permits, writing and processing purchase orders. The hardest part was finding the time to get everything done, but that was a challenge i liked in the job.
Balancing the reviews
asbestos remover (Former Employee) –  edmonton , albertaJuly 11, 2013
As they put zero cons about this company. Are they serious? I have worked for them last year doing asbestos removal.Worked out of town, they took smoking in the hotel room charges off my cheque but not my roommates.He must have lied to them on the phone saying it was only me.
Pros
loa givin before the job
Cons
ripped me off
Proactive and Interesting Corporate Environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2013
Wonderful Executive Team to work with and they have a proactive move forward way of thinking. Co-workers work well together.
They company believes in the value of life-work balance.
Pros
great support
Cons
no cons
Very pleasant and exciting office atmosphere.
Office Manager/Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2014
A perfect balance of accounting and assisting on projects.
Pros
wonderful place to work
Cons
no cons
Very nice people to work with.
Heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 5, 2014
Worked in plant, had to wear an oxygen mask do to the chemicals in the soil.
interesting place to work.
labour (Former Employee) –  calgary AB, BC, SaskatchewanMarch 12, 2012
Quantum is an interesting company to work with and some good management,
Pros
got payed every week