Salary Range: $23.00 - 30.00 /hour (depending on experience) with a 0 to 20% Performance Bonus and highly competitive benefits package.
Hours: 40 hour work week (overtime applies)
Experience: 3 - 7 years related industrial experience is desirable
- 2 year diploma in Nano Systems Engineering Technology, Materials Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Chemical Technology.
- WHMIS training would be an asset.
- Training with materials handling equipment (forklift, cranes) would be an asset.
Specific Skills/Background Required:
- Must demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to written and verbal instructions concerning general opreating procedures.
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good mechancial aptitude to operate equipment.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Good physical ability to move moderately heavy and/or bulky material using lifting equipment with care and attention to detail.
- Proper use and wearing protective personal equipment.
- Knowledge of general warehouse procedures.
Brief Job Description:
Responsibilities (with training) include assisting in the following Unit Operations, as required:
- Surface pre and post finishing of components for coating.
- Powder processing and production of coating consumables.
- Coating application to components.
- Heat treatment of components.
The work may also include:
- Operating material handling equipment (cranes, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Operating metal surface preparation equipment such as grinders, polishers and grit blasters to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products.
- Preparation of components such as tubes and complex shapes for processing.
- Loading and unloading heat treatment furnaces.
- Transporting raw materials, work-in-progress and finished products either manually, or using cranes or other devices.
- Maintaining an inventory of supplies. Safe handling and storage of materials; reading and understanding Materials Safety Data Sheets Observation of Occupational Health and Safety guidelines, processes and procedures at work and in manufacturing.
- Some repetitive duties.
- Potential for shift work.
Please forward your resume in a word document of PDF including competition # 4000-01 by FEBRUARY 28, 2013 to:
Quantiam Technologies Inc.
1651 - 94 Street
Edmonton, AB T6N 1E6
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.