Compensation Range: $22.50 - 28.00/hr (depending on experience) with a 0 to 20% Performance Bonus and highly competitive benefits package.
Hours: 40 hour work week (overtime applies)
2 year College Diploma in Nano Systems Engineering Technology, Chemical Technology, Chemical Engineering Technology or Materials Engineering Technology; or
University Bachelor degree in Materials Science, materials Engineering or Chemistry.
Experience/Specific Skills/Background Required:
- Minimum 3 to 7 years of related Industrial experience.
- Good mechanical aptitude to operate research equipment and instrumentation.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to written and verbal instructions including general procedures.
- Strong willingness to learn and train in an advanced materials environment with extensive use of chemicals, materials and advanced equipment, and proper use of protective personal equipment.
- Fluent in English.
- Good computer skills.
Brief Job Description:
Responsibilities with training include assisting in the following:
- Development and characterization of novel materials, surfaces, coatings and catalysts aimed at exploiting the properties of the micro and nano structured materials, for use under extreme operating conditions.
- Operation of complex in-house surface characterization equipment that may include FE-SEM/EDS, small-spot XPS, AES/SAM/SIMS and high temperature-surface sensitive XRD.
- Development of new methods for laser-based non destructive determination of the thickness of coatings and surfaces on internal surfaces.
- Operation of a broad-based vacuum and heat treatment equipment for processing of materials.
- Operation of a broad-range of analytical equipment inclusive of TGA, GC, Specialized laboratory-scale and pilot-scale process test rigs.
This position will involve a minimum 1 year training period and which may involve rotation assignment to a pilot-scale manufacturing or commercial-scale manufacturing.
Please forward your resume and cover letter in a Word Document or PDF including competition number by March 22, 2013 :
Quantiam Technologies Inc.
1651 - 94 Street
Edmonton, AB T6N 1E6
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.