Salary Range: $14.00 - 20.00 /hour (depending on experience) with a 0 to 20% Performance Bonus and competitive benefits package.
Hours: 40 hour work week
Experience: 1 - 5 years related industrial experience is desirable
- High School or College diploma from a recognized institution.
- WHMIS training would be an asset.
- Training with materials handling equipment (forklift, cranes) would be an asset.
Specific Skills/Background Required:
- Must demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to written and verbal instructions concerning general opreating procedures.
- Good mechancial aptitude to operate equipment.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Good physical ability to move moderately heavy and/or bulky material using lifting equipment with care and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of general warehouse procedures and proper use of protective personal equipment.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Valid driver's license.
Brief Job Description:
Responsibilities (with training) include assisting in the following Unit Operations, as required:
- Shipping and Receiving.
- Surface pre and post finishing of components for coating.
- Powder processing and production of coating consumables.
- Coating application to components.
- Heat treatment of components.
The work may also include:
- Operating material handling equipment (cranes, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Operating metal surface preparation equipment such as grinders, polishers and grit blasters to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products.
- Preparation of components such as tubes and complex shapes for processing.
- Transporting raw materials, work-in-progress and finished products either manually, or using cranes or other devices. Some repetitive tasks.
- Shipping and receiving of goods.
- Maintaining an inventory of supplies. Safe handling and storage of materials; reading and understanding Materials Safety Data Sheets Observation of Occupational Health and Safety guidelines, processes and procedures at work and in manufacturing.
- Potential for shift work.
Please forward your resume in a word document of PDF including competition # 4000-01 by March 22, 2013 to:
Quantiam Technologies Inc.
1651 - 94 Street
Edmonton, AB T6N 1E6
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quantiam is a young, high technology company founded in 1998 by Dr. Steve Petrone. With over 100 years of cumulative experience in the...