Quantiam is an innovative and growing advanced technology company located in the Edmonton Research Park in South Edmonton and we are looking for a motivated, hard-working and energetic employee with a great attitude to work in a high-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
Competition #: 1001 - 01
$50,000 to $67,000 per year (depending on experience) plus 0-to-20% Performance Bonus and a Competitive Comprehensive Benefits Package
Closing Deadline: August 6, 2013 (or until filled)
- Diploma or Certificate in Office/Business Administration would be a strong asset; some university or a full degree in an appropriate discipline would be beneficial.
- Interest in Business Development, Marketing & Sales would be an asset.
- Must have several years experience in a progressively responsible administrative support role.
Specific Skills/Background Required:
- Must have strong computer skills with Expert or Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, primarily Word and PowerPoint; Excel and Outlook at Intermediate level.
- High level command of English with strong grammar skills.
- Experience with writing, editing and proofreading.
- Highly detail oriented, accuracy-driven and organized.
- Proactive approach with exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with large and complex technical and legal documents, and proposals.
- Self starter, highly motivated, flexible/adaptable and a quick learner.
- Able to focus on the task-at-hand among distractions.
- Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Ability to take direction to meet customer needs (internal and external).
Brief Job Description of Responsibilities/Duties of this Position:
This position provides a wide variety of support services and is responsible for administrative support to C-Level as EA, overall administrative support to R&D and Manufacturing, and minor reception duties.
Executive Assistant Support:
- Arrange and schedule meetings, manage calendars, respond to invites for CEO and VP in a timely manner.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed and prepare itineraries.
- Plan and organize special events and company function luncheons as required.
- Review contracts and contract submissions and provide updates within required timelines.
- Format and proof all letters, documents, and reports and assist in preparation of professional presentations.
- Prepare agendas, take minutes, compile data and coordinate documents/reference material for meetings.
- Review, track and maintain the electronic filing management system.
Technical Secretarial Support:
- Administrative/Secretarial support to Corporate, R&D and Manufacturing groups.
- Provide accurate word-processing support in a timely manner by formatting and proofing a variety of documents. This includes highly confidential correspondence, contracts, proposals, technical reports and presentations.
- Update and maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Assist with Workplace Health & Safety Committee meetings and provide minutes.
General Administrative Duties:
- Answer and screen telephone calls in a friendly, polite and professional manner.
- Filing of invoices and other documents.
- Maintain the company’s website with updates as required.
- Arrange for couriers.
- General office duties including: faxing, generating labels, filing, photocopying, sort and open incoming mail, receiving of guests, setup for meetings in boardrooms and order all office supplies as required.
- Other various administrative duties as assigned.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume in Word document or PDF including competition number by August 6, 2013.
Quantiam Technologies Inc.
1651 – 94th Street
Edmonton, AB T6N 1E6
Quantiam is a young, high technology company founded in 1998 by Dr. Steve Petrone. With over 100 years of cumulative experience in the...