Salary Range: $23.00 - $30.00 /hour (depending on experience) with a 0 to 20% Performance Bonus and competitive benefits package.
Hours: 40 hour work week/overtime applies
Experience: 2 - 5 years related commercial industrial experience would be an asset
- High School diploma with 2 year diploma Electrical Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- WHMIS training would be an asset.
- Training with materials handling equipment (forklift, cranes) would be an asset.
Specific Skills/Background Required:
- Must demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to written and verbal instructions concerning general opreating procedures.
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good mechancial aptitude to operate equipment and demonstrated technical knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Good physical ability to move moderately heavy and/or bulky material using lifting equipment with care and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general warehouse procedures
- Work in a safe manner - proper use of protective personal equipment.
- Valid driver's license.
Brief Job Description:
Responsibilities (with training) include assisting in the following Unit Operations, as required:
- Perform scheduled and preventative maintenance (vacuum pumps, chillers, and other related equipment, etc.)
- Assist in commissioning existing and new equipment for Manufacturing and R & D.
- Assist in inspecting, testing and adjusting electronic components.
- Equipment operator (cranes, forklift, etc.).
- Learn to operate all heat treatment furnaces and water cooling systems.
- Learn to perform tasks of heat treatment process, preparations, loading and unloading of product and monitoring of process operations.
- Maintain data log of maintenance and of part supply inventory.
- Assist in building and installation of supporting instruments, equipment upgrades and controls.
- Network maintenance of all computers; install software and hardware on new and existing computers.
- Assist in maintaining IT related tasks, such as updates and user account issues.
- Maintain documentation system (ie: software, specific hardware, codes).
The work may also include:
- Surface pre and post finishing of components for coating.
- Powder processing and production of coating consumables.
- Operating metal surface preparation equipment such as grinders, polishers and grit blasters to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products.
- Transporting raw materials, work-in-progress and finished products either manuall, using cranes or other devices.
- Safe handling and storage of materials; reading and understanding Materials Safety Data Sheets Observation of Occupational Health and Safety guidelines, processes and procedures at work an din manufacturing.
Please forward your resume in a word document or PDF including competition # 4000-03 by March 8, 2013 to:
Quantiam Technologies Inc.
1651 - 94 Street
Edmonton, AB T6N 1E6
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 20 months ago