Quality Inn

Quality Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A nice, clean quiet place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2014
Housekeeping, cleaning, vaccumming, disinfecting. Beautiful place to work.
I learned how to clean and disinfect properly.
Coworkers were all pretty young, so they liked to have fun on the job.
Management was great.
Hardest part of the job was when you had lots of rooms and no one was helping you.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the relaxation of cleaning. – more... I enjoyed that very much. – less
Providing adequate hospitality
Front Desk Clerk/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Whitecourt, ABMay 10, 2014
Checking in/out guest, VLT paper and Cash Out, sanitation of work area and responsible of Direct billing
review
Receptionist (Former Employee), New Liskeard, ONMarch 25, 2014
typical days at work involved a lot of drama, talk, hearsay, belittling, ranting, ect. Managers are unprofessional and rude and the pay is NOT worth it.
Currently employed part time temp.
Part time night audit. (Current Employee), 17803 Stony Plain Rd., Edmonton, AB T5S 1B4March 19, 2014
Pros: bonuses.
Cons: i'm tired of night audit. i want day shift again.
A typical night at work: Night Audit = Register arriving guests and assign rooms, Take, cancel and change room reservations, Process telephone calls, Provide information on hotel facilities and services, Provide general information about points of interest in the area, Provide information about services available in the community, Arrange services required – more... for guests with special needs, Process wake-up calls, Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments, Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms, Maintain occupancy statistics, Customer service oriented, Follow emergency and safety procedures, Work with minimal supervision, Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying), Perform light housekeeping, cleaning, and shredding of paperwork with personal information that will not be kept on file. Assisting in completing night audit with other front desk personnel.

What I learned - Organization of front desk responsibilities for a two-person front desk night/audit operation. I had worked alone on night audit previously.

Management is professional and personable.

The hardest part of the job is staying awake between 4 and 6 a.m. and acting energetic enough to complete the early morning tasks.

The most enjoyable part of the job is registering arriving guests and processing guests departures; asking if they had a pleasant visit to this city. This always gives me a lot of satisfaction with my work; one of my co-workers who doesn't do this always comments on this, I don't know why he doesn't try this also. It is good to receive both positive and negative feedback and always try to make the guests feel wanted, at home and welcomed while they are out travelling whether its business or pleasure. – less
Unorganized, staff area is disgusting
Housekeeper (Former Employee), New liskeard, onJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: co workers are nice. day shifts
Cons: management, full time employee never actually gets full time hours
The girls are nice, but you always have to pick up slack for lazy people when you are done your own list. Instead of them calling you to tell you that you aren't needed for a SCHEDULED shift you have to call every morning to make sure you are actually working the shift you are scheduled for.
fun
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch and breakes
My day at work would be fun doing my job with a smile on my face and talking to costumers and talking with my co-workers
Productive and great work experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Gananoque, OntarioNovember 20, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours and to little of pay
A typical day at work for me would be of cleaning the rooms and making sure the rooms were up to date on the safety code.
My management and my co-workers were great to work with and i loved the work ...
Quality inn
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 29, 2013
Working for Quality inn..
What i learning from working there is alot of things.
My co-workers were very nice and friendly to all customers and to each other.
and for the day that i had when i was working there is.
Good, Easy it had it ups and downs but either then that is was fun working for the quality in.. met new people made new friends.
And the – more... most enjoyable part about the job is when i knew i did a good job at work and never lost my cool with the customer because it's important for the customer to feel like they had a good night over at the Quality inn. – less
Great employer, first steady job
Night Auditor/ Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great job experance
Cons: only 2 days of work possible and minimum wage
The first experience I had that correlated with my education.
Productive and fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
The hotel is a comfortable hotel with all good person or personnel. Housekeeping are all kind and approachable.
Semi-relaxed and productive work environment
Front desk agent (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJune 20, 2013
Cons: long hours
During my employment at the Quality Inn & Suites, I was very productive in getting work done and it was easy to communicate with some customers. However, the shift work became too much, where I was working every other shift because of being short staffed.
was a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2013
Pros: easy work and free lunches
Cons: only part time
I would start at 5:30 am and turn on the kitchen. get ready for breakfast and cook orders as they came in. I would make the soup and special for lunch and prepare whatever the chef required of me. I was also required to wash the dishes. It was a good crew to work with.
didn't like having to call in everymornig to find out i was working that day. I like to know foresure when iam working.
Chamber Maid (Former Employee), New Liskeard, ONFebruary 5, 2013
I liked my job and the people I worked with were nice. The downfall was being scheduled 5 days a week and only having to work maybe 3.
Awesome hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: 15 minute lunch
A typical work day, go in at 8 talk with the girls, grab your cart and paper and start off to work,
What i learned, its actually a lot harder then it looks
The hardest part or the job was making sure everything was perfect.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with others and the hours were perfect.
Managing my time
Part-time Room Attendant (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 29, 2012
Pros: they worked around my schedule (i was in college too).
Cons: non-senority (me) was given 2-bed rooms furthest away from laundry chute.
A typical day at work was cleaning guest rooms with high standards.

I learned how to manage my time because I would be cleaning a list of about 16 rooms which would need to be cleaned in 8 hours.

The hardest part of my job was working on Sundays when teams checked out. The rooms would be messier then any other day of the week.
Productive and a fun place with a game room and pool
Housekeeper (Current Employee), New Liskeard, ONSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: get paid for lunch
Cons: minimum wage, not much hours, don't get breaks only for lunch, have to call in the morning to see if u even work the days you are scheduled in
At work the routine would be signing in, getting our assignment sheet in the morning, go get our carts and make sure they are stocked. Then go clean the hotel rooms, check outs or stays. I learnt that it's time consuming and a hard job to get as much rooms done as you can. The co workers are really friendly and all of us girls are friends and help each – more... other at the end of the day and not leave anyone behind. The hardest part of the job is to get as many rooms as the supervisor wants done before lunch hr. There really wasnt enjoyable part of the job. – less
Days where job was okay to work, other days not so good.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Peterborough, OntarioAugust 24, 2012
Pros: not too many pros
Cons: long hours sometimes
Not a very good place to work. Sometimes days where I never had any hours at all.
Cleaned rooms(housekeeping)
co-workers were okay to work with
Hard work
enjoyable part of the day was finishing for the day.
MIRACULOUS MANAGEMENT & FUN-ORIENTED, FRIENDLY STAFF
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor / Trainer (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 30, 2012
Pros: miraculous management & friendly, co-operative staff. excellent working environment.
Cons: pay rate is next to minimal wage, but has group benefits for f/t staff
Management is amazing, staff is friendly and co-operative.
Staff discounts at restaurant on-site .
Group benefits available for F/T staff; Pay is minimal.
Fun work place with organized and supervised duties
House Keeper (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 15, 2014
Good environment to work, good management. Looking for similar type of environment.
Hospitality Environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: reduced rates at other chains
Cons: no health care
The motel industry is a good place to work if you like people. I have been fortunate to meet people from many different places in the world. The hard part can be if you are not properly trained or do not have management that will have your back

1 2 3 4 5