Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Very busy, sometimes stressful, understaffed
Guest Service Agent & Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NS19 May 2015
If you want a flexible schedule, this is not the place for you, days off are hard to come by. Requested days rarely happen and you'll almost never get a full weekend off. When you do get days off you will be called in, if you pick up the phone and say no, they will write you up for refusing work.
Pros
good pay for hotel
Cons
long hours, unfairness
Very productive and friendly workplace.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls22 March 2015
In summer time every day in Niagara falls was busy, I have learned a lot of things. I became more confident and professional in communication with consumers. Moreover, I had time and opportunity to work on my time management skill and problem solving skill. The most hardest part of the job was making quick decisions, and the most enjoyable part was interacting with the costumers.
Banquet serving
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2015
Setting up for events, and taking down old ones, cleaning the banquet rooms ,polishing helping the kitchen, I learned how to work an event and what it took to make it work. management was amazing and always fare. The people I worked with we're always happy and if you needed anything they we're there to help. The hardest part about the job was working late hours being on your feet most of the time and sometimes not getting a break. I learned that if you want to be an event planner then you have to work hard and put alot of time and effort into the job.
With the team
Hotel Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 July 2015
they are nice people i work with. It is seem very interesting to know about the way i just work with for awhile.

Pros- Free lunches, and short hours for not enough.

Cons-Walking around a lot, and no breaks. My knee is in pain for awhile.
Pros
Free lunches and short hours
Cons
walking around a lot, and no breaks
Quality inn
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 October 2013
Working for Quality inn..
What i learning from working there is alot of things.
My co-workers were very nice and friendly to all customers and to each other.
and for the day that i had when i was working there is.
Good, Easy it had it ups and downs but either then that is was fun working for the quality in.. met new people made new friends.
And the most enjoyable part about the job is when i knew i did a good job at work and never lost my cool with the customer because it's important for the customer to feel like they had a good night over at the Quality inn.
Managing my time
Part-time Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 October 2012
A typical day at work was cleaning guest rooms with high standards.

I learned how to manage my time because I would be cleaning a list of about 16 rooms which would need to be cleaned in 8 hours.

The hardest part of my job was working on Sundays when teams checked out. The rooms would be messier then any other day of the week.
Pros
they worked around my schedule (i was in college too).
Cons
non-senority (me) was given 2-bed rooms furthest away from laundry chute.
A positive work enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 January 2016
While working at the quality inn in Woodstock I found that the housekeeping team was a very friendly and wonderful group of people to work with. I didn't mind coming into work everyday when I was always greeted by their friendly faces. We were a good team and often worked well together, helping one another out if someone fell behind with their work load.

Teamwork was often really important with our job, because some guests would leave their rooms in such a mess that it would take longer to clean then other rooms. That was when I knew I could count on someone in our housekeeping team to come by and help me catch up in my work if she flew through hers.

Things I learned on the job was how to work as a cooperative team, and how to effectively clean a room to meet the standards of the hotel. From my experience I also learned that positive people can help make a positive environment, so I never dreaded coming into work.

The only thing I ever disliked working there was that in the winter there was a huge drop in guests staying in the hotel, so that my working hours would drop and there was even days I would be cancelled.
Pros
Free lunches, Cooperative team
Cons
Lack of hours in the off season
Productive and a fun place with a game room and pool
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON1 September 2012
At work the routine would be signing in, getting our assignment sheet in the morning, go get our carts and make sure they are stocked. Then go clean the hotel rooms, check outs or stays. I learnt that it's time consuming and a hard job to get as much rooms done as you can. The co workers are really friendly and all of us girls are friends and help each other at the end of the day and not leave anyone behind. The hardest part of the job is to get as many rooms as the supervisor wants done before lunch hr. There really wasnt enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
get paid for lunch
Cons
minimum wage, not much hours, don't get breaks only for lunch, have to call in the morning to see if u even work the days you are scheduled in
productive and fun work environment
Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2013
A typical day at work will involve, receiving calls from customers to reserve rooms, receiving calls from customers to request room accessories (towels, soap, toothbrushes), registering arriving guests and assigning rooms, receiving calls to cancel and change room reservations,providing information on hotel facilities and services.
At this job i learned how to deal with people in various circumstances.
Management and my Co-workers were very supportive of myself and each other, we worked as a team.
Hardest part of the Job was verbal abuse.
Most enjoyable part of the Job was me being able to utilize my people skills
Pros
ability to use my people skills and get paid for it
Cons
dealing with verbally abusive, rude and obnoxious people
Unorganized, staff area is disgusting
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New liskeard, on5 January 2014
The girls are nice, but you always have to pick up slack for lazy people when you are done your own list. Instead of them calling you to tell you that you aren't needed for a SCHEDULED shift you have to call every morning to make sure you are actually working the shift you are scheduled for.
Pros
Co workers are nice. Day shifts
Cons
Management, full time employee never actually gets full time hours
A nice, clean quiet place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2014
Housekeeping, cleaning, vaccumming, disinfecting. Beautiful place to work.
I learned how to clean and disinfect properly.
Coworkers were all pretty young, so they liked to have fun on the job.
Management was great.
Hardest part of the job was when you had lots of rooms and no one was helping you.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the relaxation of cleaning. I enjoyed that very much.
Fast moving passe job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC4 February 2013
Hardest part of the job was to have to wait for the late check out to go. So we could get in the room or suite to strip room and clean it.To have it ready in a half hour or 15 minutes to have it rented out again. mean wile you have 20 to 30 other rooms to go back and strip and clean it then make it back up.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team working co-workers.
Pros
n/a
MIRACULOUS MANAGEMENT & FUN-ORIENTED, FRIENDLY STAFF
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON30 March 2012
Management is amazing, staff is friendly and co-operative.
Staff discounts at restaurant on-site .
Group benefits available for F/T staff; Pay is minimal.
Pros
miraculous management & friendly, co-operative staff. excellent working environment.
Cons
pay rate is next to minimal wage, but has group benefits for f/t staff
Fun and dynamic
Stage/Front desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Montreal Quebec15 April 2015
My Ideal work place would be engaging and interactive.The team dynamic, would create an environment that is supportive and progressive. Ultimately,working with a team that has the critical problem solving skills and desire to resolve issues and the vision to make it happen it as a team.
nice staff
Laundry/ Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2015
my co-worker where the best thing there the management didn't really care about the employee nor felt like we had the strength to move up in position I felt as If I was at a dead end as I was never given opportunity to move up.
co-worker
co-worker (Former Employee) –  Quebec15 April 2015
I think Quality hotel have amazing opportunities for all people different ways to teach and give you ways to be able to work hours you need to set up time with family and work and keep you in track for a new opportunities to work with hotel and grow up inside the company.
Pros
no aplicable
Cons
no aplicable
Fun work place, great hours and great people.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 March 2014
I typically worked nine hour serving shifts. I learned how to use a POS system, got serving experience, improved my customer serve skills. I enjoyed the people I worked with and management was great. The hardest part of the job was getting up for the 4:30 am breakfast shift.
Pros
Discounted food.
Cons
Too much down time.
Awesome hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON4 January 2013
A typical work day, go in at 8 talk with the girls, grab your cart and paper and start off to work,
What i learned, its actually a lot harder then it looks
The hardest part or the job was making sure everything was perfect.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with others and the hours were perfect.
Pros
hours
Cons
15 minute lunch
Working at the Breakfest Bar has it ups and downs.
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 August 2014
A typical day working as a breakfast bar attendant is I wake up early and I go to the Quality Inn Hotel Halifax Airport a bit early even on the days I'm working with my co-worker, Setting the breakfast bar and kitchen, when I'm working alone with cooking the food and making the coffees. I learned all my training for about a week which has been a year ago when I started. The management is great. They helped me out when I have a bit of trouble for instead like I can't answer some questions that the hotel guests asked me. My co-worker is amazing, helpful when I first started and easily to get along with like any other co-worker. The hardest part is when I handle a hotel full of guests by myself but I managed to handle it. The most enjoyable part of my job is able to help people whatever I can which is the big part of being in the guest services job.
Pros
People appreciate my hard work.
Cons
Working early mornings.
Semi-relaxed and productive work environment
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 June 2013
During my employment at the Quality Inn & Suites, I was very productive in getting work done and it was easy to communicate with some customers. However, the shift work became too much, where I was working every other shift because of being short staffed.

2.7