Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Waiter/dishwasher
Waiter/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Missisauga, ON18 March 2016
At quality inn its tough work, constant work to do at all times, if theres no customers then there would be cleaning or cooking to do.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours and short breaks
Was a great place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MB2 March 2016
Friendly people to work with
Great managers
Learned lost of new things
hardest part being alone all night leaving
enjoyed being able to help and put smiles on the guests faces before
Great team under my Leadership.
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2016
Everyday is a different day in hospitality even though tasks are same the challenges are always different. Most days are eventful and I feel like a counsellor, psychologist, parent, doctor, Leader and referee on most days with my team. I have learnt alot here and have the ability to lead my own team taking initiative for staff development, policies, procedures etc.

The negatives of hospitality is that our industry is highly competitive and the guest are very negative in nature. I always say that this is a tireless, thankless job but I enjoy leading my team , pushing for success. Development of staff gives me personal satisfaction that salary cannot compensate.
Pros
Self Starter, Executive of my team
Cons
Long Hours, stressful and highly demanding
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 January 2016
don't pay properly, don't provide benefits for fulltime workers, rooms are not cleaned properly and are actually quite disgusting, sometimes they don't change the sheets.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A positive work enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 January 2016
While working at the quality inn in Woodstock I found that the housekeeping team was a very friendly and wonderful group of people to work with. I didn't mind coming into work everyday when I was always greeted by their friendly faces. We were a good team and often worked well together, helping one another out if someone fell behind with their work load.

Teamwork was often really important with our job, because some guests would leave their rooms in such a mess that it would take longer to clean then other rooms. That was when I knew I could count on someone in our housekeeping team to come by and help me catch up in my work if she flew through hers.

Things I learned on the job was how to work as a cooperative team, and how to effectively clean a room to meet the standards of the hotel. From my experience I also learned that positive people can help make a positive environment, so I never dreaded coming into work.

The only thing I ever disliked working there was that in the winter there was a huge drop in guests staying in the hotel, so that my working hours would drop and there was even days I would be cancelled.
Pros
Free lunches, Cooperative team
Cons
Lack of hours in the off season
Could improve
Room Attendant and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB8 December 2015
The head housekeeper is not a great person, more you try working with her the more she consists on making your day a reck, but with maintenance i learned was very enjoyable , as for three co workers are fun and past paced, others make you do all the work.
Pros
Three co workers. Reasonable breaks
Cons
Lazy slow Co workers, power hungry head housekeeper
hosekeeping
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 November 2015
It was a very hard job, lots of walking and bending. i was taught how to train new employees and learned alot about the company. The people i worked with were nice . the hardest part of the job was trying to get rooms ready when we were booked and they were waiting for their rooms, but when we all came together we worked as a team.
Pros
getting to know new people
Cons
not enough pay
nice staff
Laundry/ Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2015
my co-worker where the best thing there the management didn't really care about the employee nor felt like we had the strength to move up in position I felt as If I was at a dead end as I was never given opportunity to move up.
fun place to work great staff and management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB18 August 2015
check guests in, take reservations, set wake up calls in the phone, did accounts payable, emptied VLTs, did daily deposits
it was a difficult place to work when the owners and manager have poor speaking english skills
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC6 August 2015
i cleaned rooms, vacummed, clean bathrooms, dusting cleaned fridges,and made beds. management very difficult to work for her english is very bad. coworkers were get to work with.the hardest part of the job was cleaning the spa. interacting with the guest nd working alone
Pros
tips
Cons
hard work

Want to know more about Quality Inn and Suites?

Ask a question
A days work
Housemen (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 July 2015
This job is very fast paced, but what makes it good is all the staff you work with are fantastic. Management are great to work with.
Pros
Staff was excellent
J'aimais la confiance
Housekeeper / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Victoriaville, QC19 July 2015
J'ai aimé la travaille dans cette entreprise au début. je suis vite monté de grade, je suis passé de femme de chambre à formatrice. cette hôtel n'avait pas encore 1 an lorsque je suis arrivée dans cette entreprise. La structure changeait régulièrement. et nous avions plus de tâche à faire et des tâches pesantes. Il y a eu à un moment où je suis devenue aussi chef d'équipe, je supervisais l'étage et menais le travaille à bon train. Le plus drôle dans tout cas, c'est que je n'étais pas payé plus pour le faire. tout à chamboulé un moment donné car tous pouvaient être formateurs ou chefs d'équipes. cela devenait de moins en moins payant car si nous prenions trop de temps pour faire les chambres nous étions payé au salaire minimum au lieu d'être payé à la chambre. et comme ce n'est pas facile d'être chef d'équipe nous devions aller aider les autres étages à finir.
With the team
Hotel Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 July 2015
they are nice people i work with. It is seem very interesting to know about the way i just work with for awhile.

Pros- Free lunches, and short hours for not enough.

Cons-Walking around a lot, and no breaks. My knee is in pain for awhile.
Pros
Free lunches and short hours
Cons
walking around a lot, and no breaks
Housekeeping
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 June 2015
I already did a review for quality inn

I enjoy making the customers and guests happy.

I enjoy the people I work with.

The owners are nice
Very busy, sometimes stressful, understaffed
Guest Service Agent & Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NS19 May 2015
If you want a flexible schedule, this is not the place for you, days off are hard to come by. Requested days rarely happen and you'll almost never get a full weekend off. When you do get days off you will be called in, if you pick up the phone and say no, they will write you up for refusing work.
Pros
good pay for hotel
Cons
long hours, unfairness
scummy work place with a dragon boss lady
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 May 2015
working at the quality inn was the worst job ever. the management team sucks, they are passive agressive, disrespectful and totally spaced out. the hotel is in shambles and youre never good enough for them, despite only paying minimum wage.
the turnover is very high, due to managements lack of organization and efficiency and favoritism.
the executive housekeeper has moved from many hotels and it makes you wonder why she cant stay at one.
Pros
its a job
Cons
scummy, dirty, no set hours, passive agressive, unorganized
Amazing place to work!
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls5 May 2015
I gained a great work experience! I learned how to communicate with the clients and deliver excellent costumer service.
co-worker
co-worker (Former Employee) –  Quebec15 April 2015
I think Quality hotel have amazing opportunities for all people different ways to teach and give you ways to be able to work hours you need to set up time with family and work and keep you in track for a new opportunities to work with hotel and grow up inside the company.
Pros
no aplicable
Cons
no aplicable
Fun and dynamic
Stage/Front desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Montreal Quebec15 April 2015
My Ideal work place would be engaging and interactive.The team dynamic, would create an environment that is supportive and progressive. Ultimately,working with a team that has the critical problem solving skills and desire to resolve issues and the vision to make it happen it as a team.
housekeeping
wearhouse (Former Employee) –  calgary, alberta26 March 2015
u guys are very clean and good with all things
this is grear place to work
I lovethis place
very interested in working here
ver good place
clean
nice people
I DONT WORK HERE SO IDK
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
hard job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7