Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

hosekeeping
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 November 2015
It was a very hard job, lots of walking and bending. i was taught how to train new employees and learned alot about the company. The people i worked with were nice . the hardest part of the job was trying to get rooms ready when we were booked and they were waiting for their rooms, but when we all came together we worked as a team.
Pros
getting to know new people
Cons
not enough pay
scummy work place with a dragon boss lady
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 May 2015
working at the quality inn was the worst job ever. the management team sucks, they are passive agressive, disrespectful and totally spaced out. the hotel is in shambles and youre never good enough for them, despite only paying minimum wage.
the turnover is very high, due to managements lack of organization and efficiency and favoritism.
the executive housekeeper has moved from many hotels and it makes you wonder why she cant stay at one.
Pros
its a job
Cons
scummy, dirty, no set hours, passive agressive, unorganized
productive and fun work environment
Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2013
A typical day at work will involve, receiving calls from customers to reserve rooms, receiving calls from customers to request room accessories (towels, soap, toothbrushes), registering arriving guests and assigning rooms, receiving calls to cancel and change room reservations,providing information on hotel facilities and services.
At this job i learned how to deal with people in various circumstances.
Management and my Co-workers were very supportive of myself and each other, we worked as a team.
Hardest part of the Job was verbal abuse.
Most enjoyable part of the Job was me being able to utilize my people skills
Pros
ability to use my people skills and get paid for it
Cons
dealing with verbally abusive, rude and obnoxious people
Working at the Breakfest Bar has it ups and downs.
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 August 2014
A typical day working as a breakfast bar attendant is I wake up early and I go to the Quality Inn Hotel Halifax Airport a bit early even on the days I'm working with my co-worker, Setting the breakfast bar and kitchen, when I'm working alone with cooking the food and making the coffees. I learned all my training for about a week which has been a year ago when I started. The management is great. They helped me out when I have a bit of trouble for instead like I can't answer some questions that the hotel guests asked me. My co-worker is amazing, helpful when I first started and easily to get along with like any other co-worker. The hardest part is when I handle a hotel full of guests by myself but I managed to handle it. The most enjoyable part of my job is able to help people whatever I can which is the big part of being in the guest services job.
Pros
People appreciate my hard work.
Cons
Working early mornings.
Very busy, sometimes stressful, understaffed
Guest Service Agent & Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NS19 May 2015
If you want a flexible schedule, this is not the place for you, days off are hard to come by. Requested days rarely happen and you'll almost never get a full weekend off. When you do get days off you will be called in, if you pick up the phone and say no, they will write you up for refusing work.
Pros
good pay for hotel
Cons
long hours, unfairness
it was a difficult place to work when the owners and manager have poor speaking english skills
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC6 August 2015
i cleaned rooms, vacummed, clean bathrooms, dusting cleaned fridges,and made beds. management very difficult to work for her english is very bad. coworkers were get to work with.the hardest part of the job was cleaning the spa. interacting with the guest nd working alone
Pros
tips
Cons
hard work
nice staff
Laundry/ Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2015
my co-worker where the best thing there the management didn't really care about the employee nor felt like we had the strength to move up in position I felt as If I was at a dead end as I was never given opportunity to move up.
Productive and great work experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, Ontario20 November 2013
A typical day at work for me would be of cleaning the rooms and making sure the rooms were up to date on the safety code.
My management and my co-workers were great to work with and i loved the work ...
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours and to little of pay
With the team
Hotel Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 July 2015
they are nice people i work with. It is seem very interesting to know about the way i just work with for awhile.

Pros- Free lunches, and short hours for not enough.

Cons-Walking around a lot, and no breaks. My knee is in pain for awhile.
Pros
Free lunches and short hours
Cons
walking around a lot, and no breaks
Very productive and friendly workplace.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls22 March 2015
In summer time every day in Niagara falls was busy, I have learned a lot of things. I became more confident and professional in communication with consumers. Moreover, I had time and opportunity to work on my time management skill and problem solving skill. The most hardest part of the job was making quick decisions, and the most enjoyable part was interacting with the costumers.
Semi-relaxed and productive work environment
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 June 2013
During my employment at the Quality Inn & Suites, I was very productive in getting work done and it was easy to communicate with some customers. However, the shift work became too much, where I was working every other shift because of being short staffed.
Cons
Productive and a fun place with a game room and pool
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON1 September 2012
At work the routine would be signing in, getting our assignment sheet in the morning, go get our carts and make sure they are stocked. Then go clean the hotel rooms, check outs or stays. I learnt that it's time consuming and a hard job to get as much rooms done as you can. The co workers are really friendly and all of us girls are friends and help each other at the end of the day and not leave anyone behind. The hardest part of the job is to get as many rooms as the supervisor wants done before lunch hr. There really wasnt enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
get paid for lunch
Cons
minimum wage, not much hours, don't get breaks only for lunch, have to call in the morning to see if u even work the days you are scheduled in
Unorganized, staff area is disgusting
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New liskeard, on5 January 2014
The girls are nice, but you always have to pick up slack for lazy people when you are done your own list. Instead of them calling you to tell you that you aren't needed for a SCHEDULED shift you have to call every morning to make sure you are actually working the shift you are scheduled for.
Pros
Co workers are nice. Day shifts
Cons
Management, full time employee never actually gets full time hours
Fast moving passe job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC4 February 2013
Hardest part of the job was to have to wait for the late check out to go. So we could get in the room or suite to strip room and clean it.To have it ready in a half hour or 15 minutes to have it rented out again. mean wile you have 20 to 30 other rooms to go back and strip and clean it then make it back up.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team working co-workers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
A nice, clean quiet place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2014
Housekeeping, cleaning, vaccumming, disinfecting. Beautiful place to work.
I learned how to clean and disinfect properly.
Coworkers were all pretty young, so they liked to have fun on the job.
Management was great.
Hardest part of the job was when you had lots of rooms and no one was helping you.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the relaxation of cleaning. I enjoyed that very much.
A days work
Housemen (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 July 2015
This job is very fast paced, but what makes it good is all the staff you work with are fantastic. Management are great to work with.
Pros
Staff was excellent
Days where job was okay to work, other days not so good.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Ontario24 August 2012
Not a very good place to work. Sometimes days where I never had any hours at all.
Cleaned rooms(housekeeping)
co-workers were okay to work with
Hard work
enjoyable part of the day was finishing for the day.
Pros
not too many pros
Cons
long hours sometimes
not a great place to work
front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2013
front desk reservations, phone reservations, dealing with complaints, dealing with housekeeping and maintenance on a daily basis, credit checks, check ins and out, cash in and out balancing reports, printing off vacant room lists, guests folios
Pros
Cons
long hours no over time
A good job, but not a career.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  650 king street east, Gananoque, ON5 September 2014
A typical day at work would consist of me arriving at work and setting up for the day.
Punch in the time clock and set out to work.
First task of the shift is to count the til, and record my amounts of cash.
Second task assign all guests and to print all guest arrival registration cards.
With the cards, I also encode all the room keys with corresponding guests.
When that is finished I take all phone calls, walk in inquiries and wait until guests start to arrive.
My duties and responsibilities are that of checking guests in and making them as comfortable as possible at the hotel.
This is a major leadership role because of the responsibility. Often times the manger is not present and I am left in charge. Making guests happy can be very simple or very demanding and challenging, and I've learned that some people can not be made happy.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that come in. I often work alone, so I cannot claim my co-workers, but the guests that come in are always a job to talk to, and get to know. I enjoy telling them about the area they're visiting and giving as much information as I can.
Quality inn
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 October 2013
Working for Quality inn..
What i learning from working there is alot of things.
My co-workers were very nice and friendly to all customers and to each other.
and for the day that i had when i was working there is.
Good, Easy it had it ups and downs but either then that is was fun working for the quality in.. met new people made new friends.
And the most enjoyable part about the job is when i knew i did a good job at work and never lost my cool with the customer because it's important for the customer to feel like they had a good night over at the Quality inn.

2.7