Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews in Canada

Very busy, sometimes stressful, understaffed
Guest Service Agent & Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NSMay 19, 2015
If you want a flexible schedule, this is not the place for you, days off are hard to come by. Requested days rarely happen and you'll almost never get a full weekend off. When you do get days off you will be called in, if you pick up the phone and say no, they will write you up for refusing work.
Pros
good pay for hotel
Cons
long hours, unfairness
scummy work place with a dragon boss lady
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 14, 2015
working at the quality inn was the worst job ever. the management team sucks, they are passive agressive, disrespectful and totally spaced out. the hotel is in shambles and youre never good enough for them, despite only paying minimum wage.
the turnover is very high, due to managements lack of organization and efficiency and favoritism.
the executive housekeeper has moved from many hotels and it makes you wonder why she cant stay at one.
Pros
its a job
Cons
scummy, dirty, no set hours, passive agressive, unorganized
Amazing place to work!
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara FallsMay 5, 2015
I gained a great work experience! I learned how to communicate with the clients and deliver excellent costumer service.
co-worker
co-worker (Former Employee) –  QuebecApril 15, 2015
I think Quality hotel have amazing opportunities for all people different ways to teach and give you ways to be able to work hours you need to set up time with family and work and keep you in track for a new opportunities to work with hotel and grow up inside the company.
Pros
no aplicable
Cons
no aplicable
Fun and dynamic
Stage/Front desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Montreal QuebecApril 15, 2015
My Ideal work place would be engaging and interactive.The team dynamic, would create an environment that is supportive and progressive. Ultimately,working with a team that has the critical problem solving skills and desire to resolve issues and the vision to make it happen it as a team.
housekeeping
wearhouse (Former Employee) –  calgary, albertaMarch 26, 2015
u guys are very clean and good with all things
this is grear place to work
I lovethis place
very interested in working here
ver good place
clean
nice people
I DONT WORK HERE SO IDK
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
hard job
Very productive and friendly workplace.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara FallsMarch 22, 2015
In summer time every day in Niagara falls was busy, I have learned a lot of things. I became more confident and professional in communication with consumers. Moreover, I had time and opportunity to work on my time management skill and problem solving skill. The most hardest part of the job was making quick decisions, and the most enjoyable part was interacting with the costumers.
Banquet serving
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Setting up for events, and taking down old ones, cleaning the banquet rooms ,polishing helping the kitchen, I learned how to work an event and what it took to make it work. management was amazing and always fare. The people I worked with we're always happy and if you needed anything they we're there to help. The hardest part about the job was working late hours being on your feet most of the time and sometimes not getting a break. I learned that if you want to be an event planner then you have to work hard and put alot of time and effort into the job.
Low wage
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 3, 2015
Quality Inn has a fairly poor management. Employees are offered a lot of working hours. Although long hours means more salary for the employees, they go home tired and overworked. Management does not know how to foresee the need of more staff.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Ok place to spend some time
Front Desk Associate - Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCDecember 19, 2014
Management and employee changes all the time, different rules in place at different times. 85% of guests are happy when talking to you at the front desk.
Nickels
Nickels Waitress and Barmaid (Current Employee) –  montrealSeptember 30, 2014
Already wrote a review on my work in the hotel.
I will add, I loved my co-workers.
A good job, but not a career.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  650 king street east, Gananoque, ONSeptember 5, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of me arriving at work and setting up for the day.
Punch in the time clock and set out to work.
First task of the shift is to count the til, and record my amounts of cash.
Second task assign all guests and to print all guest arrival registration cards.
With the cards, I also encode all the room keys with corresponding guests.
When that is finished I take all phone calls, walk in inquiries and wait until guests start to arrive.
My duties and responsibilities are that of checking guests in and making them as comfortable as possible at the hotel.
This is a major leadership role because of the responsibility. Often times the manger is not present and I am left in charge. Making guests happy can be very simple or very demanding and challenging, and I've learned that some people can not be made happy.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that come in. I often work alone, so I cannot claim my co-workers, but the guests that come in are always a job to talk to, and get to know. I enjoy telling them about the area they're visiting and giving as much information as I can.
Nice place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PEAugust 30, 2014
Wasn't bad, schedule was a little all over the place though. No real complaints, it was a job.
Cons
pay
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCAugust 30, 2014
Loved working here, the people were great! Different management now though, so I'm not sure how it would be. Was a great 5 years!
Working at the Breakfest Bar has it ups and downs.
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 11, 2014
A typical day working as a breakfast bar attendant is I wake up early and I go to the Quality Inn Hotel Halifax Airport a bit early even on the days I'm working with my co-worker, Setting the breakfast bar and kitchen, when I'm working alone with cooking the food and making the coffees. I learned all my training for about a week which has been a year ago when I started. The management is great. They helped me out when I have a bit of trouble for instead like I can't answer some questions that the hotel guests asked me. My co-worker is amazing, helpful when I first started and easily to get along with like any other co-worker. The hardest part is when I handle a hotel full of guests by myself but I managed to handle it. The most enjoyable part of my job is able to help people whatever I can which is the big part of being in the guest services job.
Pros
people appreciate my hard work.
Cons
working early mornings.
Family like work place, very productive
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Saint John,B.C.July 15, 2014
contact with comercial customers and oil field contractors
making sure we met with their needs . continuing to make sure we
kept them comming back.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
long hours and some traveling away from home
A nice, clean quiet place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2014
Housekeeping, cleaning, vaccumming, disinfecting. Beautiful place to work.
I learned how to clean and disinfect properly.
Coworkers were all pretty young, so they liked to have fun on the job.
Management was great.
Hardest part of the job was when you had lots of rooms and no one was helping you.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the relaxation of cleaning. I enjoyed that very much.
Providing adequate hospitality
Front Desk Clerk/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABMay 10, 2014
Checking in/out guest, VLT paper and Cash Out, sanitation of work area and responsible of Direct billing
review
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONMarch 25, 2014
typical days at work involved a lot of drama, talk, hearsay, belittling, ranting, ect. Managers are unprofessional and rude and the pay is NOT worth it.
Currently employed part time temp.
Part time night audit. (Current Employee) –  17803 Stony Plain Rd., Edmonton, AB T5S 1B4March 19, 2014
A typical night at work: Night Audit = Register arriving guests and assign rooms, Take, cancel and change room reservations, Process telephone calls, Provide information on hotel facilities and services, Provide general information about points of interest in the area, Provide information about services available in the community, Arrange services required for guests with special needs, Process wake-up calls, Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments, Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms, Maintain occupancy statistics, Customer service oriented, Follow emergency and safety procedures, Work with minimal supervision, Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying), Perform light housekeeping, cleaning, and shredding of paperwork with personal information that will not be kept on file. Assisting in completing night audit with other front desk personnel.

What I learned - Organization of front desk responsibilities for a two-person front desk night/audit operation. I had worked alone on night audit previously.

Management is professional and personable.

The hardest part of the job is staying awake between 4 and 6 a.m. and acting energetic enough to complete the early morning tasks.

The most enjoyable part of the job is registering arriving guests and processing guests departures; asking if they had a pleasant visit to this city. This always gives me a lot of satisfaction with my work; one of my co-workers who doesn't do this always comments on this, I don't know why he doesn't try this also. It is good to receive
  more... both positive and negative feedback and always try to make the guests feel wanted, at home and welcomed while they are out travelling whether its business or pleasure.  less
Pros
bonuses.
Cons
i'm tired of night audit. i want day shift again.

2.7