Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Great team under my Leadership.
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2016
Everyday is a different day in hospitality even though tasks are same the challenges are always different. Most days are eventful and I feel like a counsellor, psychologist, parent, doctor, Leader and referee on most days with my team. I have learnt alot here and have the ability to lead my own team taking initiative for staff development, policies, procedures etc.

The negatives of hospitality is that our industry is highly competitive and the guest are very negative in nature. I always say that this is a tireless, thankless job but I enjoy leading my team , pushing for success. Development of staff gives me personal satisfaction that salary cannot compensate.
Pros
Self Starter, Executive of my team
Cons
Long Hours, stressful and highly demanding
Great Workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB6 July 2016
Its nice workplace and owners are nice very friendly and helpful.
Great work culture and hard working management
It is one of eh best place in high level to work with also its a full service hotel which includes restaurant lounge and bar at back
Great hot breakfast
Pros
discount on your meals
Cons
flexible pay and sometimes long work hours
Wonderful summer job.
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  17803 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton18 October 2016
I worked at the hotel for two summers in between school years. The best part about this job was that it wasn't extremely difficult but it kept me busy. The staff was very kind and accomodating and the management was superb.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long days
hotel
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 January 2017
there was now management and she was letting people go and i was let go. I loved the job and talking to everyone but it was not right for them to let me go
Cons
broken promises with unequal pay
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 August 2016
Advancement is promised but is not followed through and the expectations do not equal the pay. As Supervisor you are required to be on call twenty four seven and not get any from it.
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
Pay is not equivalent to the expectations
Quality Inn
House Keeper / Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON16 April 2016
A typical day of work at Quality Inn started at 9 a.m. It was mandatory that staff members be there by 8:45 a.m for morning meetings, however they were not paid for their time until 9 a.m.
Housekeepers were to work throughout the day with two 5 min. smoke breaks at 1030am and 230pm. If you didn't smoke then you didn't get a break. We had a unpaid, half hour lunch that was also, mandatory.
The hardest part of my job was working in the summer heat without breaks and unconditioned hallways while rearranging furniture and using electric appliances. I also didn't enjoy going above and beyond working requirements with no appreciation.
The best part of my job was having to listen to music during the day while we worked. It helped me keep a positive attitude while working and helped keep me motivated.
Pros
Co workers, Music
Cons
No designated daily finish time, Unappreciative, Management Was Never Present, Underpaid
Quality Inn
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 May 2016
Great place to work; staff friendly and cooperative; management easy to work with i.e. if you need a day off you only need to ask.
Good Experience
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 April 2016
- I had a good experience in this company that made me better today and actually put me through the floor and made me a enhance my customer service experience; I was able to work alone and handle everything without any help by the management. It actually motivated me in life.
Pros
Meeting new people
Good conditions, hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ON15 August 2016
Nice to be able to complete the work with minimal supervision, but making up to 20 beds in one day does take its toll after a while. If you can handle the physically demand work and don't mind cleaning after other people, then it's a good job to have.
Pros
Minimal supervision
Cons
Physically demanding
Nice place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 October 2016
The GM lives in Edmonton so its tough for him to make decisions, although the assistant GM is very nice and a great person to work for.
like it at the beginning
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 May 2016
my day as a Housekeeper at the Quality inn I go in and sign in then the front desk person would hand me my paper the has my rooms on it . I would go up stairs and put my stuff in my locker then start my day stocking my cart then off I go cleaning my rooms that are out. I would go in and strip my beds then pick up any trash on floor and empty my trash cans then clean any furniture that has any mess on it then dust then make my beds then clean out fridges inside and outside of them . then clean bathrooms and then vacuum and start on another room and so on .
Pros
breaks when i can and tips
Cons
dont like the negitive from supervisior from head house keeper .
Waiter/dishwasher
Waiter/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Missisauga, ON18 March 2016
At quality inn its tough work, constant work to do at all times, if theres no customers then there would be cleaning or cooking to do.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours and short breaks
Stressful and lots to learn
Sales Manager-Full time (Former Employee) –  British Columbia31 May 2016
Not bad-pay could have been better
More training would have helped.
People were nice to work with.
Inconsistent manager
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
lots of phone calls
Banquet serving
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2015
Setting up for events, and taking down old ones, cleaning the banquet rooms ,polishing helping the kitchen, I learned how to work an event and what it took to make it work. management was amazing and always fare. The people I worked with we're always happy and if you needed anything they we're there to help. The hardest part about the job was working late hours being on your feet most of the time and sometimes not getting a break. I learned that if you want to be an event planner then you have to work hard and put alot of time and effort into the job.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 January 2016
don't pay properly, don't provide benefits for fulltime workers, rooms are not cleaned properly and are actually quite disgusting, sometimes they don't change the sheets.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Low wage
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 January 2015
Quality Inn has a fairly poor management. Employees are offered a lot of working hours. Although long hours means more salary for the employees, they go home tired and overworked. Management does not know how to foresee the need of more staff.
Pros
Free lunches
A positive work enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 January 2016
While working at the quality inn in Woodstock I found that the housekeeping team was a very friendly and wonderful group of people to work with. I didn't mind coming into work everyday when I was always greeted by their friendly faces. We were a good team and often worked well together, helping one another out if someone fell behind with their work load.

Teamwork was often really important with our job, because some guests would leave their rooms in such a mess that it would take longer to clean then other rooms. That was when I knew I could count on someone in our housekeeping team to come by and help me catch up in my work if she flew through hers.

Things I learned on the job was how to work as a cooperative team, and how to effectively clean a room to meet the standards of the hotel. From my experience I also learned that positive people can help make a positive environment, so I never dreaded coming into work.

The only thing I ever disliked working there was that in the winter there was a huge drop in guests staying in the hotel, so that my working hours would drop and there was even days I would be cancelled.
Pros
Free lunches, Cooperative team
Cons
Lack of hours in the off season
MIRACULOUS MANAGEMENT & FUN-ORIENTED, FRIENDLY STAFF
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON30 March 2012
Management is amazing, staff is friendly and co-operative.
Staff discounts at restaurant on-site .
Group benefits available for F/T staff; Pay is minimal.
Pros
miraculous management & friendly, co-operative staff. excellent working environment.
Cons
pay rate is next to minimal wage, but has group benefits for f/t staff
Was a great place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MB2 March 2016
Friendly people to work with
Great managers
Learned lost of new things
hardest part being alone all night leaving
enjoyed being able to help and put smiles on the guests faces before
scummy work place with a dragon boss lady
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 May 2015
working at the quality inn was the worst job ever. the management team sucks, they are passive agressive, disrespectful and totally spaced out. the hotel is in shambles and youre never good enough for them, despite only paying minimum wage.
the turnover is very high, due to managements lack of organization and efficiency and favoritism.
the executive housekeeper has moved from many hotels and it makes you wonder why she cant stay at one.
Pros
its a job
Cons
scummy, dirty, no set hours, passive agressive, unorganized

2.7