Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews in Canada

like it at the beginning
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 1, 2016
my day as a Housekeeper at the Quality inn I go in and sign in then the front desk person would hand me my paper the has my rooms on it . I would go up stairs and put my stuff in my locker then start my day stocking my cart then off I go cleaning my rooms that are out. I would go in and strip my beds then pick up any trash on floor and empty my trash cans then clean any furniture that has any mess on it then dust then make my beds then clean out fridges inside and outside of them . then clean bathrooms and then vacuum and start on another room and so on .
Pros
breaks when i can and tips
Cons
dont like the negitive from supervisior from head house keeper .
Great Workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  High Level, ABJuly 6, 2016
Its nice workplace and owners are nice very friendly and helpful.
Great work culture and hard working management
It is one of eh best place in high level to work with also its a full service hotel which includes restaurant lounge and bar at back
Great hot breakfast
Pros
discount on your meals
Cons
flexible pay and sometimes long work hours
Quality Inn
House Keeper / Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONApril 16, 2016
A typical day of work at Quality Inn started at 9 a.m. It was mandatory that staff members be there by 8:45 a.m for morning meetings, however they were not paid for their time until 9 a.m.
Housekeepers were to work throughout the day with two 5 min. smoke breaks at 1030am and 230pm. If you didn't smoke then you didn't get a break. We had a unpaid, half hour lunch that was also, mandatory.
The hardest part of my job was working in the summer heat without breaks and unconditioned hallways while rearranging furniture and using electric appliances. I also didn't enjoy going above and beyond working requirements with no appreciation.
The best part of my job was having to listen to music during the day while we worked. It helped me keep a positive attitude while working and helped keep me motivated.
Pros
Co workers, Music
Cons
No designated daily finish time, Unappreciative, Management Was Never Present, Underpaid
Good Experience
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 16, 2016
- I had a good experience in this company that made me better today and actually put me through the floor and made me a enhance my customer service experience; I was able to work alone and handle everything without any help by the management. It actually motivated me in life.
Pros
Meeting new people
Great team under my Leadership.
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Everyday is a different day in hospitality even though tasks are same the challenges are always different. Most days are eventful and I feel like a counsellor, psychologist, parent, doctor, Leader and referee on most days with my team. I have learnt alot here and have the ability to lead my own team taking initiative for staff development, policies, procedures etc.

The negatives of hospitality is that our industry is highly competitive and the guest are very negative in nature. I always say that this is a tireless, thankless job but I enjoy leading my team , pushing for success. Development of staff gives me personal satisfaction that salary cannot compensate.
Pros
Self Starter, Executive of my team
Cons
Long Hours, stressful and highly demanding
Could improve
Room Attendant and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hinton, ABDecember 8, 2015
The head housekeeper is not a great person, more you try working with her the more she consists on making your day a reck, but with maintenance i learned was very enjoyable , as for three co workers are fun and past paced, others make you do all the work.
Pros
Three co workers. Reasonable breaks
Cons
Lazy slow Co workers, power hungry head housekeeper
Was a great place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MBMarch 2, 2016
Friendly people to work with
Great managers
Learned lost of new things
hardest part being alone all night leaving
enjoyed being able to help and put smiles on the guests faces before
Waiter/dishwasher
Waiter/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Missisauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
At quality inn its tough work, constant work to do at all times, if theres no customers then there would be cleaning or cooking to do.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours and short breaks
hosekeeping
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 17, 2015
It was a very hard job, lots of walking and bending. i was taught how to train new employees and learned alot about the company. The people i worked with were nice . the hardest part of the job was trying to get rooms ready when we were booked and they were waiting for their rooms, but when we all came together we worked as a team.
Pros
getting to know new people
Cons
not enough pay
Quality Inn
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 10, 2016
Great place to work; staff friendly and cooperative; management easy to work with i.e. if you need a day off you only need to ask.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 19, 2016
don't pay properly, don't provide benefits for fulltime workers, rooms are not cleaned properly and are actually quite disgusting, sometimes they don't change the sheets.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A positive work enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJanuary 19, 2016
While working at the quality inn in Woodstock I found that the housekeeping team was a very friendly and wonderful group of people to work with. I didn't mind coming into work everyday when I was always greeted by their friendly faces. We were a good team and often worked well together, helping one another out if someone fell behind with their work load.

Teamwork was often really important with our job, because some guests would leave their rooms in such a mess that it would take longer to clean then other rooms. That was when I knew I could count on someone in our housekeeping team to come by and help me catch up in my work if she flew through hers.

Things I learned on the job was how to work as a cooperative team, and how to effectively clean a room to meet the standards of the hotel. From my experience I also learned that positive people can help make a positive environment, so I never dreaded coming into work.

The only thing I ever disliked working there was that in the winter there was a huge drop in guests staying in the hotel, so that my working hours would drop and there was even days I would be cancelled.
Pros
Free lunches, Cooperative team
Cons
Lack of hours in the off season
it was a difficult place to work when the owners and manager have poor speaking english skills
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BCAugust 6, 2015
i cleaned rooms, vacummed, clean bathrooms, dusting cleaned fridges,and made beds. management very difficult to work for her english is very bad. coworkers were get to work with.the hardest part of the job was cleaning the spa. interacting with the guest nd working alone
Pros
tips
Cons
hard work
With the team
Hotel Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABJuly 17, 2015
they are nice people i work with. It is seem very interesting to know about the way i just work with for awhile.

Pros- Free lunches, and short hours for not enough.

Cons-Walking around a lot, and no breaks. My knee is in pain for awhile.
Pros
Free lunches and short hours
Cons
walking around a lot, and no breaks
nice staff
Laundry/ Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2015
my co-worker where the best thing there the management didn't really care about the employee nor felt like we had the strength to move up in position I felt as If I was at a dead end as I was never given opportunity to move up.
scummy work place with a dragon boss lady
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 14, 2015
working at the quality inn was the worst job ever. the management team sucks, they are passive agressive, disrespectful and totally spaced out. the hotel is in shambles and youre never good enough for them, despite only paying minimum wage.
the turnover is very high, due to managements lack of organization and efficiency and favoritism.
the executive housekeeper has moved from many hotels and it makes you wonder why she cant stay at one.
Pros
its a job
Cons
scummy, dirty, no set hours, passive agressive, unorganized
Very busy, sometimes stressful, understaffed
Guest Service Agent & Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NSMay 19, 2015
If you want a flexible schedule, this is not the place for you, days off are hard to come by. Requested days rarely happen and you'll almost never get a full weekend off. When you do get days off you will be called in, if you pick up the phone and say no, they will write you up for refusing work.
Pros
good pay for hotel
Cons
long hours, unfairness
Very productive and friendly workplace.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara FallsMarch 22, 2015
In summer time every day in Niagara falls was busy, I have learned a lot of things. I became more confident and professional in communication with consumers. Moreover, I had time and opportunity to work on my time management skill and problem solving skill. The most hardest part of the job was making quick decisions, and the most enjoyable part was interacting with the costumers.
fun place to work great staff and management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABAugust 18, 2015
check guests in, take reservations, set wake up calls in the phone, did accounts payable, emptied VLTs, did daily deposits
Fun and dynamic
Stage/Front desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Montreal QuebecApril 15, 2015
My Ideal work place would be engaging and interactive.The team dynamic, would create an environment that is supportive and progressive. Ultimately,working with a team that has the critical problem solving skills and desire to resolve issues and the vision to make it happen it as a team.

2.7