Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

i go for visit and site seeing .
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB13 June 2017
housekeeper !! keeping the rooms clean . cleaning up the bar ..an clean up the lounge . do deep cleaning in rooms.. do laundry . vacuum the hallways wipe down the hallways .
Pros
we get snacks
Cons
we do 5hrs an somedays 8hrs.
great staff
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE11 May 2017
great management.
fun, friendly staff to work with.
Learned most of my experiance at the Quality inn, such as food prep and learning items on menu.
All different departments were friendly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
split shifts
Fun place
Trainee Front office/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 March 2017
very helpful staff and very charming got to learned a lot there you will get a good experience by working there you will get to know about the hospitality sector
Parfait emploi étudiant
Préposer à la salle à déjeuner (Former Employee) –  Rouyn-Noranda, QC17 March 2017
Les horaires de travails sont flexibles, le taux horaires est avantageux pour les étudiants mais ce n'est pas un emploi de toute une vie.
Poor Leadership
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 February 2017
It's very easy work to be a night auditor however, there is a lack of security. The Quality Inn & Suites here in Lethbridge has had many robberies, thankfully none during the time I worked there. As a night auditor there, you fix the morning staffs mistakes, take out garbage, and occasionally make breakfast. Sadly my reason for leaving the job was because of the one Manager working there. Unless you are a female looking for a job there, you'll be fine. She is very sexest, and I have reported it. But the thing I enjoyed most about the job was cleaning the pool and the customers that would come in.
Pros
Easy and Quiet
Cons
Management and Wage
Fun and Productive Workplace
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 February 2017
Opportunities to work with various project in the hotel business. Great working environment with amazing staff. Very flexible with schedules and accommodate the personnel.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
- Check in and out guests
- answer phone calls and do booking through the phone and emails
- answer guests questions
- Clean working area

Management was very poor , not at all educated
Normal Day at work
Laundry Attendant/ Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 January 2017
A typical day consisted of myself performing the duties assigned to me and also helping my co-workers with their tasks. The hotel was averagely managed. It was a good working place and the co-workers were good to me.
hotel
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 January 2017
there was now management and she was letting people go and i was let go. I loved the job and talking to everyone but it was not right for them to let me go
Wonderful summer job.
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  17803 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton18 October 2016
I worked at the hotel for two summers in between school years. The best part about this job was that it wasn't extremely difficult but it kept me busy. The staff was very kind and accomodating and the management was superb.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long days
Nice place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 October 2016
The GM lives in Edmonton so its tough for him to make decisions, although the assistant GM is very nice and a great person to work for.
broken promises with unequal pay
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 August 2016
Advancement is promised but is not followed through and the expectations do not equal the pay. As Supervisor you are required to be on call twenty four seven and not get any from it.
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
Pay is not equivalent to the expectations
Good conditions, hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ON15 August 2016
Nice to be able to complete the work with minimal supervision, but making up to 20 beds in one day does take its toll after a while. If you can handle the physically demand work and don't mind cleaning after other people, then it's a good job to have.
Pros
Minimal supervision
Cons
Physically demanding
Great Workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB6 July 2016
Its nice workplace and owners are nice very friendly and helpful.
Great work culture and hard working management
It is one of eh best place in high level to work with also its a full service hotel which includes restaurant lounge and bar at back
Great hot breakfast
Pros
discount on your meals
Cons
flexible pay and sometimes long work hours
C'est un milieu d'apprentissage agréable
Maintenance (Stagiaire) en cours (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 June 2016
J'ai eu l'occasion d'apprendre de plus sur le domaine du travail au sein d'un hôtel surtout dans le domaine de la maintenance.
Pros
Travail intéressant
Cons
Problémes de communication
Stressful and lots to learn
Sales Manager-Full time (Former Employee) –  British Columbia31 May 2016
Not bad-pay could have been better
More training would have helped.
People were nice to work with.
Inconsistent manager
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
lots of phone calls
Quality Inn
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 May 2016
Great place to work; staff friendly and cooperative; management easy to work with i.e. if you need a day off you only need to ask.
like it at the beginning
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 May 2016
my day as a Housekeeper at the Quality inn I go in and sign in then the front desk person would hand me my paper the has my rooms on it . I would go up stairs and put my stuff in my locker then start my day stocking my cart then off I go cleaning my rooms that are out. I would go in and strip my beds then pick up any trash on floor and empty my trash cans then clean any furniture that has any mess on it then dust then make my beds then clean out fridges inside and outside of them . then clean bathrooms and then vacuum and start on another room and so on .
Pros
breaks when i can and tips
Cons
dont like the negitive from supervisior from head house keeper .
Good Experience
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 April 2016
- I had a good experience in this company that made me better today and actually put me through the floor and made me a enhance my customer service experience; I was able to work alone and handle everything without any help by the management. It actually motivated me in life.
Pros
Meeting new people
Quality Inn
House Keeper / Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON16 April 2016
A typical day of work at Quality Inn started at 9 a.m. It was mandatory that staff members be there by 8:45 a.m for morning meetings, however they were not paid for their time until 9 a.m.
Housekeepers were to work throughout the day with two 5 min. smoke breaks at 1030am and 230pm. If you didn't smoke then you didn't get a break. We had a unpaid, half hour lunch that was also, mandatory.
The hardest part of my job was working in the summer heat without breaks and unconditioned hallways while rearranging furniture and using electric appliances. I also didn't enjoy going above and beyond working requirements with no appreciation.
The best part of my job was having to listen to music during the day while we worked. It helped me keep a positive attitude while working and helped keep me motivated.
Pros
Co workers, Music
Cons
No designated daily finish time, Unappreciative, Management Was Never Present, Underpaid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7