Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Line Cook / Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE28 January 2018
Overall a nice place to work,The kithen is small and easy to clean.The lady that that runs the kitchen is very nise and easy to get along with,and every year you get a review to see if you get a raise.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
One of the Managers
front desk
Front Desk Reception/Chamber Maid/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 January 2018
i found it quit quiet at night while i was there. It was every second day we would get a little busy from the rocky mountain rail road train. The pay was not great but i some how managed to get by, but that is why I am not working there any more there was no benefits and it was low pay at that time.
Amazing work culture
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2017
daily interactions with guests.
great friendly and amazing management
treating each other as a family rather than a work team members
great connection starting from management to the Housekeeping department
Fun and friendly workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 November 2017
Excellent and friendly staff. Down to earth management . Always felt as part of the team in all department and our work was appreciated . Rewarded with work parties and days off.
Pros
Discounts on hotel rentals. Good exercise.
Cons
exhausting work. Work most weekends.
Horrible organization and management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON22 November 2017
The owner of this Choice Hotel location hired multiple people at the end of the summer and promised them full time employment and convinced them to leave other jobs. Within a few months, approximately 20 people were let go. The owner decided overnight to bring family down to be the staff and let go every one else or offer them part time or occasional work illegally under the table so we could collect EI. I was told I was cut from 40 hours a week to 24 every 2 weeks overnight.
Pros
Very relaxed environment, no supervision
Cons
no training, convinces employees to leave other jobs for convenience, drops hours significantly overnight, extremely absent management, forced to deal with management issues were not trained or qualified for
Decent pay but horrible work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2017
Good pay horrible work environment. The managers go by favoritism and treat you like slaves. Too much drama. Managers will not give you the days off you want and just make the job miserable for you. Overall the General Manager was really nice but the other managers need to go and get new management for this corrupt hotel to be successful. Over 10 new employees left, now you know why.
not good
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB24 September 2017
everything went down the hill working here and stuff like ur better off in a different place to work and to many problems with them as well that is all i can say about them as well
Good experience and fun people.
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
The people were very good colleagues, always on task but very friendly. The job itself is very good experience and always had a task on hand. I had a very good time working at Quality Inn.
Not enough hours
Breakfast Attendant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 August 2017
Overall I had a good experience while employed at Quality Inn and Suites. However, office politics, not enough hours and getting the runaround was too much for me.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Lack of workable hours, office gossip, low salary.
Only if you are looking for a part-time position
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2017
This job was a good place to work part-time. The houses were long and tiring. It was a good way to learn basic desk-clerk duties. Management was sometimes tough to work with, however a good learning experience.
Mediocore
Front Desk/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 July 2017
Good job if you enjoy working in a hotel. Hotel was poorly run, however job was great. Hotel shut down eventually, likely due to the people running it.
i go for visit and site seeing .
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB13 June 2017
housekeeper !! keeping the rooms clean . cleaning up the bar ..an clean up the lounge . do deep cleaning in rooms.. do laundry . vacuum the hallways wipe down the hallways .
Pros
we get snacks
Cons
we do 5hrs an somedays 8hrs.
Great work
Red Deer North Hill - Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 May 2017
Very productive days on shift, cleaned rooms, bathrooms and bedrooms thoroughly. Vacuumed hallways and lobby. Stocked carts and folded laundry. ......
great staff
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE11 May 2017
great management.
fun, friendly staff to work with.
Learned most of my experiance at the Quality inn, such as food prep and learning items on menu.
All different departments were friendly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
split shifts
Relaxing, enjoyable, fun
Front Desk Clerk / Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB20 April 2017
Typical day, answering phones, checking in/out guests, speaking with co-workers..
Learned a lot about other people and the places they came from, also a lot about the hotel business, computer systems, etc
Management was great, easy to talk to.
There can't be a hard part about your job when you loved what you were doing :)
The part of my job that I enjoyed the most was the people, you meet so many different types, and some you see often and others you never see again. Was a really enjoyable workplace, I would definitely work there again if I got the chance!
Fun place
Trainee Front office/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 March 2017
very helpful staff and very charming got to learned a lot there you will get a good experience by working there you will get to know about the hospitality sector
Parfait emploi étudiant
Préposer à la salle à déjeuner (Former Employee) –  Rouyn-Noranda, QC17 March 2017
Les horaires de travails sont flexibles, le taux horaires est avantageux pour les étudiants mais ce n'est pas un emploi de toute une vie.
Poor Leadership
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 February 2017
It's very easy work to be a night auditor however, there is a lack of security. The Quality Inn & Suites here in Lethbridge has had many robberies, thankfully none during the time I worked there. As a night auditor there, you fix the morning staffs mistakes, take out garbage, and occasionally make breakfast. Sadly my reason for leaving the job was because of the one Manager working there. Unless you are a female looking for a job there, you'll be fine. She is very sexest, and I have reported it. But the thing I enjoyed most about the job was cleaning the pool and the customers that would come in.
Pros
Easy and Quiet
Cons
Management and Wage
Fun and Productive Workplace
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 February 2017
Opportunities to work with various project in the hotel business. Great working environment with amazing staff. Very flexible with schedules and accommodate the personnel.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
- Check in and out guests
- answer phone calls and do booking through the phone and emails
- answer guests questions
- Clean working area

Management was very poor , not at all educated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.