Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work and stay
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 24, 2014
Pros: always something new
Cons: have to deal with unhappy customers
I enjoyed working as the front desk clerk. I enjoy working with people.
Not too bad.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Weatherford, TXJuly 7, 2014
Not a bad place to work, but not a lot of stuff gets done around the hotel. Management doesn't make anyone work hardly at all.
horrible
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJuly 2, 2014
Cons: no breaks, no overtime
The owners are very mean and rude. there are no breaks and no overtime pay.
Fun place to work at
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLJune 25, 2014
I had started as front desk and worked my way up to the front desk supervisor. Great company a lot of hours and benefits were great too. I learned to have awesome customer skills and always put guests first.
It will be okay!
Night Clerk (Former Employee), Walterboro, SCJune 24, 2014
Loads of work, no help, really bad pay, overtime never compensated, and a very danger work environment
Great place to have a job during school
Porter (Former Employee), North Platte, NEJune 20, 2014
Quality Inn was a great place to have a job while I went to high school. Always friendly faces and always fun attitudes.
Enjoyment at work
Front Desk Manager/Sales (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: good everyday being there
Cons: none i can think of
I like working there with good people/coworkers. We all work together to get our goals done. Learned other department procedures. General Manager gave me opportunity to get Managerial Experience of what he knows. All were fine learning and doing the assignments so really no Hardest Part at the job area. Enjoy being there with good working people/coworkers.
QUALITY INN & SUITES MATTHEWS, NC
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Matthews, NCJune 3, 2014
A typical day at the Quality Inn & Suites started at 6:00am. I would relieve the night auditor. First we would communicate any issues or situations from overnight and I would count the cash drawer to make sure I was starting my shift at the correct amount. Once confirmed I would open my shift in the computer system, Choice Advantage. There was a multitude – more... of morning paperwork that needed to be done by 8:00am, so that was started right away. That included all shift prep paperwork as well as housekeeping's paperwork and room assignments. Throughout the entire shift I had to multitask checking out guests, checking in guests, keeping up with housekeeping, answering phones, preparing for new guest arrival by pre-making key packs and printing arrival paperwork. As well as cleaning, assisting with breakfast, and anywhere else I am needed- including management/assistant management assistance. I learned quite a bit working in this hotel. It is where I fell in love with the hotel/hospitality industry. I love that each day is something new, there is always someone new to meet and a new story to hear. While there are always small -and even sometimes big- issues in hotels, or any job for that matter, I learned quickly -and excelled in the fact- that a calm attitude, a smile, and willingness to listen and atleast attempt to correct the situation will go a long way with a guest/client/etc. This job gave me the opportunity to grow within the industry. About 5 months into this job, I was hired for a part time position in their sales department, which ultimately led to a full time position in that department. The staff at the Quality Inn & Suites were all very close. We were like a big family. My first manager once told me "When someone asks me how many room I have in my home, I always answer 118. Because this place is my home" and I couldn't have put it into better words. It really does feel that way. During my employment as a front desk agent, our staff underwent a general management change. That was the most difficult part of the job. The two managers were like night and day. While both still great in their own ways. It took alot of adjusting, but I enjoyed learning from both parties. This – less
small company
GENERAL HOTEL MANAGER (Former Employee), Southport, INMay 14, 2014
Daily operations of running a limited services hotel, heavy customer service, AP, AR, payroll, training.
GREAT EX GENERAL MANAGER
EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Jekyll Island, GAApril 15, 2014
Pros: ex general manager was a great boss
Cons: new gen. manager ran even each department
DUE TO THE ECONOMY COLLAPSE IN THIS AREA, ALL DEPARTMENT HEADS WERE STRIPED OF THEIR SALARIES AND POSITION. I LEFT IMMEDIATELY.
Refreshing and productive place to work.
Frontdesk Clerk (Former Employee), Panama CityMarch 23, 2014
Pros: a steady position
Cons: 24 hrs. open
A great first time job, with a willing to learn attitude goes a long way here. Effective in customer satisfactory. Excellent training available.
Good Company
Front Desk Clerk/Sales Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: feels like family
Cons: general management was not accomodating
Good Company. Direct Supervisor was amazing. Felt like family. Small company. Less than 30 employees.
Bugs need to be worked out
Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, East County, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and room and board
Cons: poor upper management
I gave a poor star rating review because this company has a lot of problems due the fact there are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. And non of the Chiefs work together for the good of the company, but rather the good for themselves.
They hired me as sales manager, but then didn't allow me to really do my job that I was hired for. They never did – more... get my business cards printed. And doing outside sales was hard to do without business cards and also, they didn't have enough staff to cover front desk so I had to fill in for front desk or take reservations over the phone instead of using my time to bring in groups. Also, because I was on salary it was assumed I would work 16 hour days and consider that par for the course.
The ACTUAL SALES JOB part .. (what I was hired for) was good, I liked it, and had so much more I wanted to do for that hotel.
But they were not interested in making the hotel successful. Many times we didn't' even get a paycheck, even the payday before Christmas, the owner canceled the Christmas party we planned and didn't send out pay checks. Owner said he had personal financial issues to take care of, so let his entire staff go without their pay. I am glad I was only there for 3 months. – less
Positive Work Place
General Manager (Current Employee), Dundee, MIJanuary 25, 2014
Guest service is the top priority. There is a lot of room for growth here. We try to make it a good place to work and stay.
Great learning experiece!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: overall. fun place to work.
Cons: low pay and little to no over-time available.
Working in hotels has always been enjoyable for me. I like helping and meeting new people and working the front desk was a good fit for me. The pay was minimal, but I learned a lot about the hotel industry. Some things can not be taught and I feel I gained a lot of needed experience working for Choice Hotels. The hardest part of the job was dealing – more... with upset guests, but I gave me a challenge and opportunity to satisfy even the most difficult of customers. Other than the occasional house keeper, I was normally the only hotel employee on duty, and that was a good feeling, knowing I was, for 8 hours a day, in charge of this huge hotel. – less
Excellent Work Place
Front Desk Clerk Quality Inn and Suites (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Assisted guests with daily check-in check-out, transported guest to and from airport, Performed night audits, handled payment transactions.
Overall fun and busy atmosphere
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Lawrenceburg, INDecember 20, 2013
Pros: busy, lots of customer satisfaction
Cons: no paid holidays, vacations, bonuses, health care
Provide a welcoming atmosphere to guest. Provide top quality services to the guest. Make sure everyone is in a win-win situaltion if problems arise. Meeting new people from all around the world.
Great staff, Poor communication.
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee), Matthews, NCDecember 4, 2013
This job requires a 24 7 365 commitment. While I learned quite a bit about the Hospitality Industry, being on call 24-7-365 leaves little time to enjoy your life outside of work.
k
Desk clerk/Customer service (Former Employee), cordele gaOctober 31, 2013
its a great work place. I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere work place. I learned a lot while working there.
great place to get started.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), North CarolinaOctober 24, 2013
It is a fairly simple job as a Front desk agent for this company they are always training you to be better which is great.

1 2 3