Quality Carriers

Quality Carriers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great
OWNER/OPERATOR (Former Employee), geismar, laApril 3, 2014
Pros: 10
Cons: 0
awesome loads and awesome people. was dedicated Freon tanker trainer
Love the challenge
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 28, 2014
Pros: awesome drivers
Cons: better to not say
There is never a dull moment at work. My drivers and my fellow dispatcher are what make my job enjoyable. Probably the hardest part of my job is preparing for payroll cutoffs on Fridays. We only have 3 hours to crunch last minute billing in the mornings. The fun part is trying to track the drivers down to turn in their paperwork to ensure they get paid. – more... Like I said, never a dull moment. I have some of the best drivers out there though. – less
Good Union Job
TANKER DRIVER (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 3, 2014
Good pay and very good health benefits...but driving over-the-road is very hard on the family, especially with young kids.
waste of time
company driver (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 20, 2014
Cons: listed above
You work on a percentage basis with little or no back hauls. Very low percentage. Maintenance is mostly band aids and bubble gum. Terminals are shotty and dirty. Dispatchers will treat you like they own you. You will work with bad chemicals and get paid like your working with candy. Also it is an affiliate program so you actually work for a small company – more... under a big company name. In other words you work for an owner operator that is leased to quality carriers. There is nothing quality about them. Do yourself a favor and keep looking. – less
OK
CDL Driver/Owner and Operator (Former Employee), Longview, WADecember 28, 2013
The company need to look at all it's terminals and do and how they are run. I won't let one bad apple spoil the whole company.
QC ENERGY
NA (Former Employee), TAMPADecember 11, 2013
CURRENTLY ALL CRUDE OIL LOADS IN ND ARE DOCKED $50 PER LOAD DUE TO ALLEGED OVERBILLING IN THE RECENT PAST TO FREEPOINT COMMODITIES WHO BUYS THE OIL.

THERE IS SPECULATION THAT QC HAS ALREADY PAID THE OVERBILLING FEE AND ATTEMPTING TO RECOUP THIS COST BY CHARGING ITS CURRENT DRIVERS. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT NO DEDUCTIONS IN ND ARE LEGAL UNLESS THE EMPLOYEE – more... AGREES IN WRITING?

FURTHERMORE QC HAS STATED ON 3 DIFFERENT DATES THAT WINTER RATES WILL GO INTO EFFECT INCREASING BARRELL RATES BY 20%. NO INCREASE HAS GONE INTO EFFECT AS OD 12/5/13? THE LATEST SPECULARION IS THAT THE INCREASE WILL ONLY BE. .20 CENT PER BARRELL.

LASTLY, QC SIGNED A CONTRACT WITH FREEPOINT COMMODITIES CAPPING WAIT TIME (THE TIME A DRIVER WAITS TO UNLOAD) AT 2 HOURS. ALL LOADS GO TO A RAIL FACILITY THAT ACCOUNTS FOR 20% OF ALL OIL IN ND WHERE AVERAGE WAIT TIMES ARE 4 HOURS.

BAD COMPANY-BAD CONTRACT.

QC PAID $68 MILLION PLUS STOCK OPTIONS TO THE PREVIOUS OWNER IN ORDER TO GET INTO THE CRUDE OIL HAULING BUSINESS IN ND – less
Would like to work local
Tanker Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 6, 2013
Would like to get off the OTR driving and work out of Houston. Loading and unloading oil from tanker, always stay out side the truck when loading and unloading management is easey to work with co-workers work as a team, hardest part of job is putting hoses out and working with client is a joy.
Joke
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee), South Williamsport PANovember 5, 2013
Pros: nadda
Cons: read the review
I worked for an affiliated terminal located in S. Williamsport PA.

I did not have a driving position. I was in the office.

They hire you as salary, but then if you can not make it to work for whatever reason, they will dock your pay.

Training? F that. Into the fire you go when things are ok for some and not for others. The worst training program – more... I have ever been a part of.

Pay - was ok. Benefits, a little pricey. Atmosphere? Ridiculous. A handful of people working "together" but getting stabbed in the back as soon as they leave the office. No matter if it was the terminal manager, dispatchers, drivers, shop guys...place was a joke.

I don't miss it for one minute. – less
Good affiliate to work for.
Terminal Manager (Former Employee), Sulphur, LANovember 5, 2013
I worked for an affiliate with this company. The family was great, however I work 7 days a week with know potential for advancement.
recommend SLC terminal
CHEM TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 22, 2013
Pros: good money and new trucks
Cons: not steady year round
From the get go the SLC terminal treats you like you are more than a driver. Good training and management. The equipment and maintenance are A+. The loads vary from time to time in money. I recommend this company to drive for. Be ready to invest some time to make the big bucks. At least 21 days out . The reward is good money for you are payed by the – more... % of the line haul. – less
Owner operator lease puschase
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXOctober 18, 2013
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: favoritism with loads
delivering hazmat chemicals to all 48 states unloading chemicals and loading
a place to work
Driver (Current Employee), Richburg, SCOctober 14, 2013
a place to work working here is ok dont think there is much room for growth
not bad for starting out driveing
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: home time
it is a good company for starting out driving but all so not good on home time...
first job in tanker
Driver (Former Employee), Rahway, NJJuly 16, 2013
sometime work local sometime work long never had a return load and my terminal mang. was very disorganized
Good place to work.
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee), Gibraltar, MIJuly 8, 2013
Pros: great money
Cons: mostly over the road.
good place to work. long hours and week. great money. home most weekends. the co workers are great basically everyone keeps in contact with everyone. low turn over rate.
pretty cool place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Magnolia, ARJune 28, 2013
Pros: good pay most of the times
Cons: devorce an i just had to move back to home the take care of my girls
I drove tanker truck across country had pretty good hometime
Insecure, lack of values, used
Driver (Former Employee), Towanda, paJune 13, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: lack of steady work
I worked for qc water hauling division for 1.5 years, there was rarely secure work, benefits are less than exceptional. Pay is good when theres actually work. I worked at towanda, pa terminal and wc has burned their bridges with near all of the main clients in the area. I highly recommend searching for other work before chosing qc.
Like working with family.
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee), Clute, TXMay 17, 2013
The staff in Clute are good to work with. They treat us like family. They do their best top get you home when needed.
only way to make money is to run the road no home time
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee), Channelview, TXApril 21, 2013
Pros: pay your own way
Cons: driving job
to ma
ny different things and its hard to make a living road work or no money no way to advance and there are other problems over there
Great money
Truck Driver-Trainer (Current Employee), Pleasanton, TXApril 8, 2013
Pros: great money
Cons: not much of a social life
Great money if you dont mind not having a social life. The people that I work with and for are some of the best in the industry.

About Quality Carriers

Creating a dynamic working environment for the people who haul our freight is one of the most important investments in the future – Read more