Our global corporation specialized in quality control equipment is looking for an experienced Shipper/Receiver to ship, receive and record the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to and from our organization.
- Progression to supervisory and management positions is possible through experience and additional training.
- You should have a high school diploma or higher
- You will need a driver’s license and forklift certificate.
- Experience with information systems is considered an asset.
- Perform general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of shipment
- Pack, seal, and label materials to prepare for shipping
- Adhere to shipping and receiving policies/procedures, and regulatory compliance procedures
- Maintain compliance with laws, regulations, and/or standards and complete appropriate documentation as require
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials
- May determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of
shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Record shipment data for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping
- May contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to
issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify
problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to
- Order and store shipping supplies to maintain stock inventory
- Maintain shipping and receiving area
- Deliver or route materials to other departments using material
- Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage,
and demurrage charges
- Provide on the job training to new/junior staff
- Complete incident reports in relation to health and safety issues or
Skills: You should have the following skill sets: active listening, reading comprehension, instructing, coordination, time management, speaking, writing, mathematics, monitoring, social perceptiveness, and critical thinking.
Work Values: Individuals who will succeed in this position value providing service to others and working with co-workers in a friendly environment. A ttention to detail, accuracy, dependability, integrity, cooperation, self control, stress tolerance, concern for others, adaptability/flexibility, initiative, creative problem solver, independence, and social orientation are also considered as assets.
- Frequently read memos from suppliers, customs forms, supervisor instructions, co-worker notes, shipping contracts, material safety data sheets, storage and handling recommendations, standard operating procedures, policy manuals, and health and safety procedures
- Utilize, complete and/or read labels, warning and direction symbols and signs, receiving logs, weekly inventory sheets, invoices, order forms, packing slips, bills of lading, customs forms, rate charts, shipping lists, schedules, calendars, weight charts, etc.
- Write shipping labels and bills of lading
-Write instructions, memos and notes to drivers, co-workers, supervisors and/or front office staff
- Complete daily shipping and receiving logs
- Write short reports to carriers about damaged or missing goods
- Discuss and co-ordinate tasks with coworkers
- Communicate/ exchange information with customers and carriers
- Interact with supervisors/managers for direction
- Instruct new employees on how to perform tasks
- Participate in staff meetings to exchange information
Attitudes: You should have good organizational abilities and good interpersonal skills. You should have a positive attitude, be customer service oriented, patient and industrious