Qualitest, a global manufacturer and supplier of materials testing and quality control equipment, located in Richmond Hill, Ontario, is looking to recruit a Field Service Technician / Calibration Engineer to provide calibration, installation, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical testing instruments on-site and off-site. Ability to travel of up to 25% will be required to occasionally perform equipment installations, training, repair or calibration at our customers' sites. Our range of instruments, include products such as tensile Testers, hardness testers, impact testers, and XRF analyzers.
This person will interact with our customers via telephone, on-line and on-site, and this role includes familiarizing customers with instrument operation and maintenance. The Field Service Engineer contributes to organization’s growth through maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and through sale/renewal of service agreements, upgrades and identifying new instrument leads.
Our key requirements are:
- Understanding of calibration accuracy testing requirements and metrology
- Extensive experience with force, load cells, pressure, and mechanical instruments.
- Be reliable, confident, eager to learn and team player
- Work with little direction and be self-driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in written and verbal English
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Two or more years of experience in metrology or calibration of industrial, military, electronic or mechanical instrumentation or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology, Metrology, Engineering or equivalent training
- Good organizational skills and computer skills (MS Office, Maintenance databases, SalesForce, etc.)
- Positive, efficient, creative, independent and a "Can Do" attitude
- Valid driver’s license and legal clearance to travel internationally required.
If you are passionate about joining a highly advanced organization with high growth potential please submit your resume and cover letter and indicate your salary requirements. Competitive compensation and benefits in accordance with Company policy are available.