QUALICARE Employee Reviews

Horrible manager
run (Former Employee) –  due30 August 2017
This is a home care agency that is based in guelph. It is quite unfortunate that the manager whom employees go through for assignment etc is quiet unreliable and does to answer emails / texts in a timely manner if at all.
Cons
management
poor company
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2017
worked for this company and it was unorganized and paid $14/hr. so not worth it. has no benefits, no incentive. no communication. bad management. avoid this company if you can
Pros
Cons
bad management, poor salary, no raises
managers treat employees with full respect.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 February 2017
It is a very nice workplace. Managers treat workers with fully respect. They never push me to do anything and the pay is very well.
Pros
payment. respectful and understanding managers
Cons
unstable hours
qualicare
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 November 2016
This a grate company who take care for elderly people. great team members and team work. They provide a holistic care in client's house and they have the best crow on board.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
nothing
Productive and good place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
Always team building and working together.management try to solve issues in our monthly meetings to keep up with wholesome care to residents/patients.
The best company I've ever worked for as a PSW
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 October 2016
The hours are very flexible, they work with your schedule and availability. Mileage is being paid, and the hourly rate is reasonable. You can speak with the management easily via email or phone with any problems/questions with client etc. They respond back quickly. Very kind, and professional.
Pros
Management cares for their caregivers, want us to be happy
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 August 2016
I would not work with the owners. They micro managed. Did not appreciate the knowledge of the employee. Terminated staff for unjust cause. Unethical practices.
Pros
Good concept
Cons
Micro managed
Horribly unprofessional.
Client (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON25 May 2016
QUALICARE has got to be one of the most frustrating companies to communicate with. They do not follow the schedule they have put in place and agreed upon with their client. Client goes without help for days when their PSWs are sick. Clients are expected to rearrange their day on short notice of cancelation or changes. Their PSWs sit on their phone and complain their social lives rather than doing the work theyes are sent to do. When you make several complaints they drop their clients without any resolution to any issues, without telling you, giving you a notice or any explanation. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND DO NOT USE QUALICARE HOME CARE!!
Pros
Cons
Communication
Thoughtful and Caring Group
RPN Staff Nurse/ Patient (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 May 2016
I found that the staff and management were focused and caring. They try to do their best to enhance the lives of all their clients. The struggle is to find and staff positions that may be only a few hours a day or that require extensive driving.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Inconsistent hours and cancelations
Worked in Many peoples homes
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 April 2016
On a typical day I would be in 2 or 3 clients homes. At times I would do overnight and full days staying up to a maximum of 3 days.

Various clients needed G.I tube feeding, flushing and medication administration VIA the tube.

All clients received light housework, bathing, medication administration, companionship and assistance with safe and comfortable transfers.
Pros
Working as part of a team
not good
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2015
very bad company never work here this is not a food place.,baaaaaaaaaaaaaaadalkhfiuhggfuagfukgabfagfuoqagblabglnakgnapihgrlikgnkahgrbglr nl,mrneqapihnqknh
Bad Management and no room for growth
Non Technical (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers.
The least enjoyable was the boredom and bad management. Management is emotion driven and are abusive with staff. There are temporary moments where they are "nice", but for the most part, it is negative. Benefits are minimal. Bonuses and raises are non existent, unless they favour you.
Continue looking even if you are desperate.
Pros
Employees are amazing
Working at Qualicare
PSW-Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 September 2015
Good management but not very skilled workers hired.
Pay never on time and some staff unsure of what they are to do. Clients nice and cheerful.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Pay not on time
Productive experiences
Caregiver(PSW) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 August 2015
My past employers, i enjoyed working with their kids, the helped and the daily care that I provided for them, working with them is so comfortable and so essential as i will go towards where I want to work now because it gave me a lot of experience that i know it can help me in my future success.
Pros
Close to my area
Cons
some employers wants long hours
Its an excellent and quality home care company
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2015
My typical work is that responds to scheduled and unscheduled requests from clients for assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility and treatments at times that respect client choice as outlined in the Care Plan.
Fun place to work, flexible hours
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2014
You go to a client's house and do some housekeeping and take care of the client.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
no guaranteed hours of work
Productive work place to start
PSW (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2013
I enjoy working with qualicare especially on the long hours,and I really like the management because they are so helpful especially for a begginer like me in this field.
Pros
Own time
Cons
Different work experience depending on each clients needs
Registered Practical Nurse/Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 November 2013
Good relationship with the company's management, and co workers,and always given the chance for mprovement to practise skills , very accomodating and ready to assist in a day to day needs of an employee to enhance in providing care to assigned clients.
Co-Workers, I do find my co- workers friendly and considerate as they spend time to pointed out and make sure to inform as to what the clients foremost priority need to look after .
The hardest part , is going to the workplace especially if it takes transportation and walking distant from the station to station ,coming home late at night and to be in the workplace on time.
The most enjoyable part is when you feel you are most welcome and that at the end of the shifts you have given your client the most needed cared and that you feel you are part of the family not just as a worker.
Pros
free transport when needed to be on time
Productive, but no regular clients to take care.
PSW/RPN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2013
Working in different facilities like home care, nursing homes, hospital depends where our clients is confined.Taking a geriatrics clients in one to one basis. Giving medication, feeding, doing excercises, and taking good care. An agency sometimes a week straight working then after, no job to do for one or more weeks.
Pros
different location.
Cons
long hours.
Live-in Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2012
Enjoyed working with elderly couple.
Management is good.
The most enjoyable experienced I ever had and the light adjustment is worthwhile.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QUALICARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8