Qualicare – Cobourg, ON
Qualicare is dedicated to professionally and compassionately guiding families through the complexities of managing their health care – particularly during times of medical crisis. We provide consistent, individual attention to ensure our clients get the best care possible.
Qualicare is a private Family Home Care company specializing in managing care so that is complete and exceptional.
Seeking an experienced Personal Support Worker in the COBOURG area-ON to provide ongoing care and companionship to stabilize exceptional client emotionally and mentally.
We require a caregiver with excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a team player.
Working within a multidisciplinary team headed by an RN the PSW will be responsible for:
- Assisting the client with personal care such as dressing, personal hygiene, mobility, toileting, eating and other routines of daily living;
- Encouraging the client to do as much as possible
- Escorting client to medical and other appointments;
- Facilitating client to other contacts helping professionals including Therapists, Nurses, Physiotherapist;
- Report and document any changes in client's health status and undertake necessary steps to ensure client's safety and well- being to the family and support team;
- Demonstrate initiative and professionalism at all times with client's families and community contacts;
- Assist the client with appropriate socialization activities as per the client's choice and emotional needs;
Knowledge, Education and Skill Requirements:
-Valid Personal Support Worker Certificate is mandatory;
-Valid Police Background Check is mandatory;
- Nursing or clinical background would be an asset;
- Valid First Aid and CPR;
- Highly adaptable and receptive to diversity;
- Must have a positive attitude and be committed to fostering a healthy team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Please attach your resume