Qualicare is a private family homecare company since 2001 and today has over 20 locations across Canada and USA. We have been successful over the years through strong work ethic and key innovations in the field of homecare. The Qualicare team continue to grow and excel by continuously collaborating with the community to deliver high level of quality service to our clients.
Qualicare is currently looking for an energetic and experienced Nurse Manager (Case Manager) to lead a team in the Burlington office. This position will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for:
- Manage Qualicare roster of caregivers, Personal Support Workers, and Registered Practical Nurses.
- Make home visits to assess the client and their needs in order to provide recommendations of care.
- Perform a multi-dimensional assessment and proactively identify the need for case management intervention, crisis intervention, and/or prevention strategies;
- Establish a relationship with the client’s values and preferences;
- Maintain client records which support ongoing assessment and monitoring;
- Develop a service plan in collaboration with the client, caregiver, and/or family, states priorities, services available, and short and long term goals;
- Advocate for the client’s positive outcomes, promote, educate, and interpret the role of Qualicare to the public and health care partners;
Knowledge, Education and Skill Requirements:
- Current RPN or RN Certification and Registration with the RPNAO or RNAO is a must;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in community nursing, healthcare and case management experience;
- Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle is required; ability to travel as requested;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; leadership, proactive, and taking direction well are some attributes required;
- Current Police Checks, First-Aid and CPR training;
- Strong computer skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Flexibility to work; must able to work on weekends for on call support or after hours;