Qualcomm

Qualcomm Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good work environment
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2015
very good work life balance.
And great team working. Interesting projects
Productive and fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJanuary 23, 2015
My supervisor and all my co-works are nice and helpful.
The projects are challenging and interesting.
There is a pingpong table that can help people relax.
Productive company
SoC Design-Verification Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Excellent Company to gain skills. I like working for QualComm
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Before the big downturn and they laid off many people, this company was a great place to work. Later it became very difficult to complete all your projects due to everyone taking on 2-3 jobs that the other people that got laid off were doing. Management was great until the end of my 19 years.
I liked it, but your mileage may vary
Senior Staff Technical Writer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: it may still have momentum from its glory days
Cons: top management is not honest with employees or line management
I joined Qualcomm in 1995 and remained with the company almost 20 years (if you don't count an interval when the business unit I was in was sold and its employees were expected to help the buyer get up to speed). Looking at Qualcomm today, it's hard to see traces of the features that made the company so special in its earlier days.

At one time there was an egalitarian spirit, a general mood of playfulness, and a sense that everyone was on the same team. Because of that, and of course because of what happened to QCOM stock (in which all employees had lots of options), it was a glamour company, – more... the place where just about everybody in town wanted to work. Yes, we worked very hard. We sometimes worked very long hours. But that was fine. Working at Qualcomm was fun, and I was proud to be there.

Growth itself put a damper on some of that spirit, inevitably. For me at least, the work began to call for less creativity and more stamina. But the compensation and benefits remained superior. I continued to feel intense loyalty, and could not understand coworkers who left to work for competitors.

At present, management is worried that its most important customers are losing market share to a large number of small upstarts, who may end up not doing business with Qualcomm at all. Management is worried about looking good to shareholders and so is pruning its workforce--with a machete, not with clippers. This is not the same management that made the company great, and the changes being implemented are having a negative effect on productivity.

As of this point in my career, Qualcomm is by far the best employer I have known. But someone joining today may have a different experience. – less
Lots of things to learn with smart people
Testing and Integration Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: technology, smart people
Cons: individual work environment.
Qualcomm is good place to learn about leading technology.

Well documented in Qiwiki internal site.

People are co operative on-line
16+ Great Years...
Building Services Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits, co-workers...
Cons: the whole do more with less concept...
Typical day began with coordinating custodial coverage for 18 buildings, and or events if scheduled. Emailed coverage to Management daily. Went out on the field and ensured work being done was at an exceptional level for our many customers. Throughout my many years I've learned quite a bit. With such a diverse group of employees I was able to learn the many different work cultures and made many friends from all over the world. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside my peers that have become great lifelong friends, and getting to know each and every custodian under my direction and highlighting there strengths to encourage them to reach high.
Development of new partnerships and investments
Business Development (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Great company with fantastic compensation. The team was impressive and hard working.
good benefit and management
Sr RF Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: good culture and friendly people
Cons: working long hour
top employer to work for. Nice place in san diego. and good culture to stay.
All time work company
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: flexi timings and work from home options
Cons: all time work, even on weekends
A Day at my Work:
Have meeting with dev team and get all code changes for review. Verify them in build and functional test process. Develop and enhance automation tools and its framework.

What I learned:
Company process and automation development experties.

Management:
All manager with whom I am working are open to new ideas to make the process smother.

Co-worker:
Awesome

Hardest part of job:
Supporting on weekends and holidays.

Most enjoyable part of job:
Open for work for home any time required.
Good learning environment
NFC System Validation and KPI benchmarking (Current Employee), Farnborough, ENGDecember 13, 2014
Each day involves learning atleast one new thing, as everyone is involved in all the activities as well as the individual actions. Friendly and productive atmosphere
awesome place to work
Admin Services Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 8, 2014
overall great place to work. friendly staff and approachable management. enjoyable working environment
Not that great.
Software Developer (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 6, 2014
Alright place to work. Not that great. The employee benefits are all right. Not much growth, nothing much new to learn. The management is not that great.
Great Employer
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 4, 2014
I have worked at Qualcomm for just under 4 years. Overall it has been a positive experience. I've had the opportunity to learn many different facets of the software development process. I work as a Software Developer for the Snapdragon platform, which leads to having an understanding of the entire system from the hardware layer to the application layer.
I like to work at Qualcomm nice people
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 3, 2014
very nice place to work great products also good environment
Work hard and play hard
Contract Senior IT Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 1, 2014
Good benefits. Cutting edge technology. Work hard and play hard sums it up pretty well.
Its a fun place to work
Sr Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee), San Jose, CaliforniaDecember 1, 2014
Team is great to work with, get challenges in day to day task. Fun to be in. Talented Engineering pool team to be work with. Work on a latest technology, using latest tools. Get support from the team to do a new work. Knowledge sharing in work related area. Training happens in regular basis so that new tools are understood by the engineers working in the project.
To Learning Multiple Technology.
IT Engineer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNNovember 23, 2014
Pros: free travel
Cons: game activity
very good environment to work,
I learnt a lot at Qualcomm. It is a great place to work and I had a lot of fun,
Productive and fun workplace
IT Support Analyst,Specialist (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APNovember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches and breakfast
Cons: long hours
Learned lot of things while co-ordinating with different stakeholders at different sites.Mainly how to convence them for certain approvals and also for implementing some standard process/policy.

That was the typical day when my director asked me to show all the company assets in one file.

First time after 10 years our Financial team decided to do audit for all the assets in FAR on one to one basis physically that was my hardest part.

Working with multiple teams and leading all the responsibilities are most enjoyable part of this job.
Developer (Former Employee), puneNovember 11, 2014

About Qualcomm

Billions, maybe trillions of times a day… That’s how often people around the world touch something made better – Read more