Qualcomm

Qualcomm Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Comfortable and Challenging work place
Program Management & many more divisions (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Compensation and Benefits.
Cons: I see a very less scope for progress in the direction I intend to grow from here.
I have had a very progressive stay at Qualcomm. Right from picking up new skills technically to getting into core managerial activities, my learning curve has been very steep upwards.
Productive environment, was able to attend the gym on my lunch breaks, but the overall job security isnt very secure.
Industrial Security Specialist, CPSO (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Free snacks, gym usage, we were awarded stocks and free medical benefits which made my salary about $73, 000
Cons: Overall lack of job security for future.
Had great coworkers who I was able to attend the gym with daily if our schedules permitted, however, the job itself didn't award growth opportunities or secure employment due to the economy and lack of Government budget. Since I have a family to raise, job security is key and I would like to have the ability to grow within my position and move forward in my career continuing to support my family and their needs.
Very challenge place to work.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2015
From Qualcomm,Inc.
Annual or semiannual performance reviews give me the opportunity to praise employees like me or what I have done well, correct what I have done wrong, and discuss my vision for growth and future at the company.
No strategy to scale and improve the company
S/W Senior Staff Engineering Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed working at Qualcomm as it is the leader in the exciting wireless mobile pace and is a very fast-paced company. But management won't spend time on strategy to scale and grow the company, as most of them are basically engineers and will continue to do engineer level work.
Great teamates
CPU SubSystem Verification Engineer (Current Employee), RaleighAugust 21, 2015
Great teammates, work culture and amazing people great exposure, !! at Qualcomm Raleigh
Best Place to work
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), HyderabadAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast and lunch
Cons: Nothing Really
Would love to work with the company again if opportunity walks through the door.
It is one of the best places to work.
Best work culture.
Stress free environment.
Productive Highly active and intense work place
ENGINEER SUPPORT I (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Ability to learn the latest Technology years before market release, classes and Cultural events
Cons: None
It is a highly actively environment and multi-cultural as well. You have to keep up with the constant changes in technology as well as customer request for specific technology that will be made and tested according to various OEM design and Carrier specifications.
it was enjoyable to intract with co workers and suprvisors
Qualcom telecommuncation call center (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 19, 2015
I only gave up the job due to surgery which kept me out of work over 90 days. I can not embelish a job where I only saw my co workers a maximum of 20 hrs
Good place to work and nice team members.
DATA ENGINEER (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2015
The pace in Q is not so fast but as contractor you have tons of things to do. Believe that full-time position will be much better.
Fun work place and lot of opportunity for growth
Modem Performance Test Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CaliforniaAugust 16, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management and lot of opportunities for growth. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Fun workplace
Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Good environment to learn, tremendous learning opportunities, Lot of independence in executing tasks.
Cons: Company too focused on few products, lack of vision and roadmap.
Qualcomm has a very good work culture with huge learning resources. You get to work along with very intelligent and experienced co-workers. Most of the teams follow agile methodologies, so develop and release cycle is of 2 weeks.

As a programmer, you get to work on independent tasks as well as pair programming tasks. It's an even mix. It's very important to stick to deadlines a lot of trust exists when an individual promises a deadline. The mantra to stay focused is to differentiate between need to have features vs nice to have. You are given the liberty to innovate and execute tasks.
Lay off season
Test Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2015
It is a bad time to join Qualcomm these days. However, it is a very good company if job security is enhanced..

Opportunity to grow, but no work-life balance
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, opportunities to grow
Cons: Work culture could be better, more professional.
Typical day at work is extremely busy, mostly with many working meetings throughout the day that leaves time to work only in the evenings/weekends. Very high schedule pressure. Need to give very frequent status updates to the management that increases overhead further.
Good Company to Work For
Snr Staff Engineer/Manager (Current Employee), San DiegoAugust 11, 2015
Very good company to work for. Gives challenges and job satisfaction. Cutting edge technology and very nice work environment. I would recommend Qualcomm as a place to work.
Best Company
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 10, 2015
Learning is good.
Compensation is good with work and personal life balance.
Free lunch
Good team.
Got chance to work on new technologies
Great company to work for
Staff System/software engineer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 10, 2015
Qualcomm is a great company to work for for engineering roles. Management is largely made of engineers. Salary is just below the competitive level. Benefits used to be great, but now they are on par with other companies of similar size.
A great company and great benefits
Integrated circuit mask layout designer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and soft drinks. Vending machines throughout
Qualcomm is the leader in Integrated Circuit Design that is primarily
focused on IC chips for the mobile phone industry.

The work environment is good and let's the employee focus on his/her task at hand with minimal disruption.

The software tools that are used for the IC mask design are state of the art (Cadence, Virtuoso suite of IC mask design software)

The health benefits are top notch and the available programs to save for your financial future (401 k and the stock option plan) are also available for the employee
Wonderful company and people over all
Material Handler (Former Employee), San Diego CaAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciation days, bring your child to work days and ability to move up within the company.
Cons: Temp lay offs were tough.
I really enjoyed working at Qualcomm and woud do again if given the chance. They genuinely care for their employees and show that through their appreciation days.
Very productive experience. Gathered lots of knowledge in wireless communication software
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Free wireless service and free access to online educational courses
Cons: Lots of traffic in the way there every morning.
Exposed to plenty information on wireless communication software and software development.
In the years I was there I accomplish several education goals.
Loved the company!
Senior Secretary (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Loved my job and the company!! The company was very flexible and offered many different benefits. I wish I lived closer to a Qulacomm location today.
Headquarters