Quadro Engineering Corp., a Health & Science Technologies business unit of IDEX Corp. (www.quadro.com and www.idexcorp.com ), is an established manufacturer and worldwide exporter of processing equipment used in the Pharmaceutical, Food, and Chemical industries. An excellent career opportunity exists within our Engineering Department for an:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Design and model process equipment and systems in Solidworks and/or AutoCAD
- Test and debug equipment and write technical reports.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance tests and provide remote and on-site customer start-up and troubleshooting assistance.
- Assist shop personnel with queries; respond to requests from the shop floor to review problems, and assist in their resolution
- Effectively manage assigned projects from conceptual design through manufacturing.
- Identify design improvements
The successful candidate will possess the following education and competencies:
- Mechanical Engineering Technician / Technologist Diploma
- 2-5 years’ experience designing welded fabrications, machined components, rotating elements, and assemblies
- Minimum 1 year hands-on experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot equipment issues hands-on and remotely
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong customer service orientation
- Possess innovative and creative design skills with a strong attention to detail
- Able to multitask in order to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset
- Able to travel internationally to assist clients with start-up, troubleshooting and commissioning activities (on an occasional basis)
- Ability to read electrical drawings and troubleshoot electrical controls is an asset
- Sanitary equipment, process system design, and PLC experience would also be definite assets.
More recently, Quadro has developed a line of lifting devices. With a full range of height, weight and maneuverability capabilities, the...