Job Title: Investment Advisor, First Calgary Financial Investment Services (South Calgary branches)
Company: First Calgary Financial / Qtrade Financial Group
Location: Calgary, AB
As partners, First Calgary Financial and Qtrade Financial Group provide a fully comprehensive wealth management offering that encompasses a holistic member-centric experience delivered through a network of leading financial and investment professionals. The commitment of this partnership is to combine personalized advice with award winning products and services, which include financial planning, investments, and insurance that focus on members’ needs. To achieve this, through an integrated wealth management relationship, we use a rigorous selection process for both our professionals and providers, while following a disciplined approach that puts the member first.
Recognized as one of Alberta’s Top 50 Employers, First Calgary Financial is Alberta’s second-largest credit union with over $2.5 billion in assets under administration. Since 1999, First Calgary Financial has been selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies – a Platinum Club member. First Calgary Financials almost 500 employees are proud to be leading, learning and living in the communities they serve.
Qtrade Financial Group is committed to offering comprehensive, market-leading wealth management solutions to both the retail public as well as the customers of over 180 financial institutions including credit unions, banks, trust companies and financial planning companies across Canada. Qtrade currently administers approximately $6 billion of investment assets through our subsidiaries - our goal is to continue to provide our clients with industry-leading tools and services to help them take charge of their financial future
The role of an Investment Advisor is to develop and consolidate advisory led relationships with members and to attract their investing and insurance business to First Calgary Financial. Working within the branch and supported by a team of wealth management specialists, you will provide a wide range of investment and insurance solutions, advisory services and on-going advice. Investment Advisors develop individualized financial plans for current and prospective members of First Calgary Financial, and provide the investment and insurance products that are required to execute those plans and move the member forward financially.
This Investment Advisor role will be given an existing member portfolio. The three branches that the IA is working with are in South Calgary.
We are looking for individuals with strong prospecting skills to acquire and develop member relationships. This role is ideal for a high-performing sales professional with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is comfortable in a commissioned sales role. The Investment Advisor role extends far beyond making investment recommendations. Our advisors are wealth managers whose personal initiative is rewarded with lifelong, often multi-generational, relationships with clients who trust them to help them realize their most cherished life goals. The Investment Advisor role also enables you to work closely with several credit union branches in a team oriented environment with administrative support.
- Virtually unlimited investment solutions / product shelf
- Industry leading Financial Planning Tools (Software and Systems)
- Extensive sales / marketing / training / administrative support
- Full Time Employee Status including Health Benefits, Pension Plan and Investment program
- Significant earning potential: Base Salary plus variable incentive based on sales performance
Job Requirements: (Knowledge/Experience/Education): What you will bring
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Investment Sales / Financial Planning
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC), CPH; able to be IIROC registered, CFP designation, Insurance License is required, CLU designation is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of the investment industry, products, and the principles of investment advice / financial planning
- Strong familiarity with financial planning tools / software
- Post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Commerce, Business Administration or related experience
Required Skills / Competencies / Attributes: What we are looking for
- Superior sales abilities (active listening, identifying business opportunities, influencing & negotiating, asking for the business)
- Outstanding communication skills including well-developed presentation skills
- Proven networking and client acquisition skills
- Self-starter, high-achievement orientation
- Teamwork, relationship builder
- Customer service / community involvement
- Ability to build and develop strong partner relationships
- A passion for putting members/clients first
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Commitment to continuous learning (CE credits)
- Must have entrepreneurial spirit in acquiring member investors and gathering assets through networking, prospecting, referrals, seminars etc.
- Regular travel required between assigned territory branches and/or offsite to meet members / clients
- Time management and organizational skills required to provide superior coverage and service to multiple internal partners
- Keeping abreast of market conditions/trends, competitors offerings, and changes to regulation compliance procedures and products
- Potentially irregular hours to accommodate member / client or partner schedules
Note: This Investment Advisor role will be given an existing member portfolio. The position works with three branches located in South Calgary.