Qtrade Financial Group is committed to offering comprehensive, market-leading wealth management solutions to the retail public as well as the customers of over 180 financial institutions including credit unions, banks, trust companies and financial planning companies across Canada. We currently administer over $8 billion of investment assets through our subsidiaries - our goal is to be a leading provider of wealth management solutions to enable our stakeholders to achieve their financial goals.
Under the Qtrade Group there are four regulated entities (IIROC, MFDA, Insurance, and Investment Fund Manager) for which we are currently seeking the position of Financial Analyst. This position will report directly to the Controller and will be responsible for duties as described in the work performed section below in context to the entire Qtrade group of entities.
The successful candidate will identify and drive all opportunities for operational improvements in the collection and presentation of the required financial data, while managing the utmost precision in accuracy and timing of all reporting and analysis. If you are keen to work in a rapidly growing company, managing within a multi faceted environment while driving and delivering a high level of financial support, please consider the following opportunity.
- Design and implement operational controls and procedures for all facets of the Qtrade Financial Group financial reporting framework;
- Prepare and update budgets & forecasts for all companies.
- Prepare and review all weekly, monthly and annual financial analysis and reports;
- Assist the Finance team as required with all audit preparation, providing any supporting audit documentation as required;
- Be the key Qtrade resource in the area of financial analysis and provide ongoing support, training and development for the two other Full Cycle Accountants;
- Maintain strong knowledge of changes in industry trends and initiate required change or improvements to reporting in light of the trends and
- Work closely with the Controller and CFO on special projects:
- Assist the Finance team as required with all audit preparation, providing any supporting audit documentation as required.
Specific Work Performed:
1. Coordination of the annual budget process, including compilation of the annual consolidated budget, sales forecast, budgeted financial statements and supporting analyses
2. Preparation and maintenance of quarterly sales and income forecasts and reforecasts
3. Creation and maintenance of financial models and associated sensitivity analysis, to support corporate strategy
4. Preparation, analysis and reporting of key financial performance metrics
5. Compilation, maintenance and analysis of monthly cash flow forecasting
6. Data extraction and mining from accounting, CRM and other systems in order to create both ad hoc and recurring reports to support the Operations, Finance and Executive teams
7. Assist the Finance team in preparation of Monthly Management Reports and Variance Analysis
8. Assist in the development and implementation of financial and operating systems
9. Identification of process inefficiencies and implementation of improvements
10. Providing support to executives and preparing ad hoc reports and analyses for management including key consolidated variance analyses
11. Preparation of post mortem financial results relating to development projects
12. Ad hoc special projects as assigned
Successful Candidate must have, at minimum, one or more of the following:
Proficiency with SQL
MS Dynamics GP
Experience in the brokerage industry.
- A minimum of 3+ years of related financial analysis & budget work experience is essential;
- Track record of drive, initiative and ability to execute.
- Experience working with SQL & Visual Studios is desirable;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is a definite asset;
- Preference will be given to those candidates with experience in the brokerage or investments management industry;
- Cultural fit in a lean, entrepreneurial corporate culture, more akin to ‘start up’.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills: can identify, collaborate, resolve issues with other parties.
- Strong business acumen and thirst for learning the brokerage business.
- Demonstrates successful track record of being a finance ‘business partner’ to management (understands the ‘service’ nature of the finance function).
- Good coaching/mentoring skills (of full cycle accountants).
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only applicants selected for a preliminary interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume with cover letter, including salary expectations as soon as possible.
This position will be open until the right fit candidate is found.
Please stipulate in the Subject line of your email, 1) the position “Financial Analyst” and 2) where you saw the job ad.
We will be conducting the search on our own. No agencies, recruiters, please.