Corporate/Senior Financial Analyst (Qtrade Toronto office)
Qtrade Financial Group delivers market-leading brokerage and wealth management solutions to the retail public as well as the clients of over 180 financial institution partners across Canada - a national constituency including credit unions, regional banks, financial planning firms, trust companies and Portfolio Managers.
Our comprehensive brokerage and wealth management platforms, services and solutions include:
- Full-service MFDA mutual fund dealer services through Qtrade Asset Management;
- Full-service IIROC brokerage services through Qtrade Advisor;
- Online brokerage services through Qtrade Investor; (ranked best Online Broker from the The Globe and Mail for 6 years in a row)
- Institutional services through Qtrade Institutional Services and OceanRock Institutional Services;
- Insurance solutions through Qtrade Insurance Solutions;
- Traditional proprietary managed portfolio / mutual fund solutions through OceanRock Funds and SRI proprietary managed portfolio / mutual fund solutions through Meritas SRI Funds; and
- Portfolio management / discretionary money management services through OceanRock Discretionary Services.
Qtrade Financial Group is committed to offering comprehensive, market leading wealth management solutions to both the retail public as well as our financial institution partners across Canada. We are here to help you take charge of your financial future.
We have a current opening for a Corporate Financial Analyst, reporting to the VP, Management Information & Strategic Analysis.
This position spearheads research and analysis using multiple data sources in order to uncover trends, develop insight, explain results, and make recommendations that will tangibly assist in the management of the business.
The ideal candidate has worked internally within a full service brokerage firm as a Senior Financial Analyst and already has an understanding of the business and its back office function from the “inside out” versus the “outside in”.
Our corporate culture is lean, entrepreneurial, nimble. We have a flat organizational structure (thus lots of autonomy to contribute, perform and learn).
- Develop and/or update financial models on Fund profitability, Channel/LOB Profitability, Partner and Client Profitability (45%).
- Process Modelling: document detailed departmental processes in order to support scalable business models and to maintain a low cost base. (10%)
- Reporting: works with VP to design and maintain ad hoc reports to meet needs of departments and senior management. Assist in preparing financial information and material for various Committees, including Board of Directors. (15%)
- Data Management: Owner of Qtrade DNA of key financial business metrics (15%).
- Project work: Provide support on an as needed basis to other departments on financial aspects of new initiatives: New funds, Marketing programs, etc. (15%)
“Must Have” Technical Skills:
- Minimum of five years work experience directly related experience. Two of those years as a Senior Financial Analyst working internally within a full service brokerage firm, mutual fund dealership or online broker.
- In-depth knowledge of the back office of full service dealership/ mutual fund operations is important in this role as is indepth knowledge of the investment industry, securities markets.
- Strong analytical skills (can quickly manipulate, analyze, understand and present the “story” in the numbers)
- Advanced skills (in order of priority): Excel, Word, Access and SQL.
“Must Have” Non Technical Skills:
- Track record of drive, initiative and ability to execute.
- Cultural fit in a lean, entrepreneurial corporate culture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, excellent time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong facilitation skills: can identify, collaborate, resolve issues with other parties.
- Completion of post secondary education with a focus in business (Accounting, Economics, Commerce, or Mathematics/Statistics)
- Completion of 3rd or 4th level of one of these: CMA/ CFA/ MBA.
- Completion of CSC.
- General knowledge of National Instruments regulations a plus.
Location: The Toronto office of Qtrade is located off the 427 and 401. A 15-20 min. drive from the West part of the GTA (Mississauga, Oakville) and a 30 min. drive from the north part of the GTA. Address is 165 Attwell, Etobicoke, Ontario.
Apply to: Please send your cover letter and resume. This position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found. For more company information, please check us out at www.qtrade.ca. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only applicants selected for a preliminary interview will be contacted.
No agencies, headhunters, please.