QinetiQ

QinetiQ Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Free coffee all day. Had free sodas when I started there.
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 23, 2014
Pros: lunch was catered 4 days a week.
Cons: liberals walk among us.
Great place to work. I made a ton of great friends from working here. Very laid back.
Stay away!
Employee (Former Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free ice cream every other friday
Cons: too many to list here
Recent layoffs and poor management produce a toxic environment. CEO is in way over his head and his henchmen dutifully say yes to everything. Strong cronyism and culture of chauvinism.

My boss ignored me completely after I was hired and was visibly shocked when I dared to express opinions contrary to his and the CEO's. Just branched off from an affiliate – more... office that provided oversight and the ink wasn't even dry on the agreement when the CEO decided he was going to relax the rules (dangerous territory when you are a defense contractor subject to DOD and trade compliance). Parent company is in the UK and sold off the affiliate office that provided guidance and actually did things the right way.

Terminated me because I wasn't a good fit (translation: not a yes man). Best thing they could have ever done for me! – less
Mission Oriented Company
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCOctober 10, 2014
QNA is a large business with the feel of a small business. The company's focus is to provide quality service to our Nation's Warfighters, however the company never loses focus on the need to take care of its own employees. This approach made it a job to work for QNA and inspired everyone to perform at the highest level.
Focused and Fun
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 28, 2014
Great company to work for people were focus but fun. Managed daily accounting functions for the government contractor.
Great management for direct charge employees, interesting work
Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Reston, vaSeptember 17, 2014
Overall, great place to work. Great management, interesting work. Only downside is a lack of community with fellow coworkers. While everyone is very nice, its not the most social place to work
Hard working, fast paced environment, with helpful coworkers
Electrical Staff Engineer (Current Employee), waltham, MAAugust 19, 2014
Hard working, fast paced environment, with helpful coworkers
Interesting Place to work!
Mechanical Apprentice (Former Employee), CarmarthenAugust 19, 2014
Pros: interesting work with military hardware
Cons: pay is not good. better payed for doing the same job in england
QinetiQ is a very interesting company to work for. With its wide variety of military equipment testing facilities, there is always something new happening.

On the down side, the pay is done through the global grading system and does not reward those with trained skills. People doing the same job in England get at least a third more pay than those here – more... in Wales! – less
Too much politics, company is always changing their direction.
Engineer (Former Employee), Waltham MAAugust 11, 2014
Great place to work, great benefits.comp and great people.
Challenging Engineering Environment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Littleton, MAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Opportunities to advance education through coursework and trade events.
Interesting company events.
QinetiQ becomes Vencore SSG
Professional (Former Employee), Redstone Arsenal, ALAugust 2, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits, decent vacation time offering
Cons: cult of personality, subjective treatment of others, frequent supervisor gossip
A typical day at my work involved serving the various needs of the Army and Government aviation flight test customer base. From my placement in the organization, I learned a lot about politics and how others play them ruthlessly. Regarding management, I learned there is a vast difference between supervisors and leaders - and there are very few Leaders. – more... Most of my co-workers on the contract were stand-up high-quality people with their values and hearts in the right places. The hardest part of the job for me was working within a cult of personality supervisor culture that while demanding and intense, was also retaliatory, crude, intolerant, divisive, and failed to grow or encourage others outside their clique. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the many kind and professional people also serving within Army flight test. – less
Productive Place to Work - Great Management Team
Sr. Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: very little turnover, great education and training opportunities, culture promotes work life balance.
Cons: recent aquisition leaves a lot of redundancies, and not all employees will survive
Qinetiq-NA is an excellent place to work. It is very refreshing to have a bunch of like minded team players though out the organization. Coworkers, managers, on up to VP level are all down to earth individuals that are always reachable and transparent when it comes to project goals, deliverables', and promoting a work life balance.
Often helped others with tasks unrelated to my job description
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), WalthamJuly 29, 2014
I would usually come in to work and work at my desk for most of the day. Sometimes I would go out to the manufacturing floor to consult with the assembly workers/technicians in efforts to create work/assembly instructions for certain components of specific products. I learned how to write work instructions and often helped with virtual inventory management. – more... The hardest part of the job was spending time with co-workers that did not like their job. Contrary, the most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with co-workers that enjoyed their job. – less
Solid Organization
Business Continuity Planning Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 14, 2014
Great company to work for...............................................................
Productive environment with cool robots
Robotics Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJune 23, 2014
Qinetiq was a fun place to work at and it allowed me to learn about mobile development.
Very relaxed and laid back place to work
VB.NET Software Developer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 30, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no raises, no bonuses and not really any acknowledgement from upper management.
QinetiQ North America is a great place to work when it comes to work/life. You can leave whenever you need to. Immediate managers are very understanding of life situations. Coworkers are very sharing and supportive of each other. The work is rewarding especially when you go beyond the customers expectation and it shows on there face.
Fun and productive work place
Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee), Stafford, VAMay 29, 2014
Pros: high rate of pto accrual
Typical day includes participating in team meetings, updating Integrated Master schedules, and providing supply and demand data to program management. The hardest part is being able to get in contact with the government customers. The most enjoyable part are the coworkers and management staff.
If you have thick skin then this place is for you.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), AfghanistanMay 8, 2014
Pros: salary & benefits
Cons: high turnover rate with personnel
Great place to work in my opinion except for the pool of people they employ. Most of the men I work with overseas were a bunch of immature, back stabbing, power hungry individuals. They would throw a person under the bus to get ahead. What sucks was all these individuals were retired or prior Army.
Job Work
Supervisory Data Monitor/Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 6, 2014
This company is great. It has a outstanding work environment.
Overall good company
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 28, 2014
Pros: believe in the employees, good benefits, not strict
Cons: no backup plans if funding lost
Job stability in the contracting world is not the best but the job here at QNA has been pretty stable. Not much in the way of available job opportunities in other areas of the workplace if funding runs out for your particular job.
Web Developer (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 24, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: miscommunications as to what is desired
Management: not that good at communicating
Co-workers: great