QinetiQ Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Job
Range Worker (Former Employee), shoeburynessAugust 26, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: some very heavy work
Overall it was a brilliant job, very interesting and learnt quit a lot. Great people to work with, they were very nice and helped as much as they could.
Was a great shame the contract ended as would have stayed.
Relaxed and fun to work
Communications Technician II (Former Employee), Herndon, VAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Friendly management, adjustable hours, free lunch from time to time, open to suggestions
Cons: No choice in hours worked
With QinetiQ they understand that a helpdesk, though stressful, doesn't have to be the most stressful thing in your life. The management was friendly, would try to help out as much as they can if they see you getting stressed out, and would even assist on the phones when a system would become unavailable for an unexpected reason. We would take phone calls from the government client all day long but it wasn't difficult and many times the client on the phone would joke with us about the systems. Coworkers were many times overqualified for help desk technicians but that ensured the client was taken care of every time.
Great co-workers and work life balance
Contracts Coordinator and Administrator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 3, 2015
Pros: company work culture events, professional association meetings
Cons: change in management altered the culture
I still communicate with my old co workers and appreciate their support during my pregnancy and birth. I found out I was having twins less than a year after my tenure at Qinetiq. The news was received with support and caring. I was concerned since the company was undergoing a reorganization at the time. I always look back on that time with joy.
Rewarding, challenging, evolving workplace
Project Support Office Team Manager (Current Employee), Malvern, ENGJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Beautiful site
Cons: Due to the nature of the site it is difficult to talk too much about what we do
As a team manager there is no typical day. I enjoy the challenge of not knowing what is going to happen next. I get a lot from developing the team and watching their evolution - the moment you see their 'lightbulb' moment.
Low Morale but reasonable job
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), South UistJuly 2, 2015
Most of the staff are there due to location and lack of ambition. Wages are extremely poor and no advancement immediately obvious!
Dedicated to perfection teams
Consultant Component Engineer (Current Employee), Farnborough, ENGJune 27, 2015
Pros: Adding Value
Cons: IT Services
Finding solutions to challenges, when all others have given up, being the most enjoyable part of the job.
Co-workers, all polite & genuine
It was a good company to work for
construction manager (Former Employee), Farnborough, ENGJune 24, 2015
Pros: excellent rates
Cons: long hours
I had a good time working for QinetiQ but unfortunately all good things come to an end. And they never pursued more works in this field.
Worked with a Product, Professional, and motivating companies
Sr. Program Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaJune 19, 2015
Pros: Dedicated to Employees for the most part.
Cons: Frequent Turnovers and Sell Outs.
Appreciative of the opportunities for personal and professional growth and interest in not only my personal needs, but my requests for improvement, guidance, and support when needed.
Good Company
Principal Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 12, 2015
Overall They are for their employees and care. Their med plans and vac are very good. They offer bonuses etc....

I would highly recommend
Good opportunity
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), WLSJune 11, 2015
Pros: Job/Life balance is good.
Cons: Different pay rates which doesn't make it fair.
The Company has good opportunities once you manage to get in the company but I don't think the Apprenticeship has been thought through properly.
Teams focussed on delivering high quality technical work and customer satisfaction.
Programme Manager (Current Employee), Boscombe Down, ENGApril 22, 2015
Broad range of mostly defence related projects and programmes.

Delivery teams highly focussed on the quality of technical advice and output to the end customer/user.

After a period of transformation and transition the company is now much better placed to achieve growth.
cowerkers always helpful
Member (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: government funding
As a Member of the engineering team that delivers systems engineering and integration, software development, logistics information management, training systems management, information technology services, and test and evaluation support for the development, modification, fielding and sustainment of military equipment and systems. To monitor and collect operational, supply and maintenance data, verify all data for accuracy, record data on GEDIS Forms, enter data in computer when required, run edits and correct errors, write reports and brief Army personnel as required. Enter data in on site computer, process data to include running and correcting edits, transmit data to the DPM and follow all other instructions provided with documentation from technical staff. Brief Commanders or Designated personnel on minimum of once monthly on data being submitted from his/her unit.
Good working environment
Consultant, Human Performance (Current Employee), Farnborough, ENGMarch 10, 2015
Friendly and comfortable place to work.
Experts in psychology, ergonomics and human factors.
Wide ranging content of research.
Challenging.
QinetiQ North America - a leader in custom-specialized technology and management processes
Program Manager (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMarch 7, 2015
While working at QinetiQ North America, I provided program management utilizing the earned value management approach to various government contracts. QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to the defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Their product offerings include survivability, unmanned systems to power sensors and control systems and transportation solutions. Customers rely on their products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
Poor management at all levels
Head of Marketing (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 2, 2015
Constant restructures, incompetent management. Every day a new crisis due to lack of planning and coordination amongst divisional heads.
Super people that work there, tremendous commitment and dedication from some of the finest minds in the world.

QinetiQ's problems are entirely due to poor management and a bully culture from the very top down.
Lots of Travel
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 25, 2015
I enjoyed working closely with my coworkers and all of the travel that took us to different parts of the country and the world.
ok
Functional Analyst/Production Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 14, 2015
This company has been bought by Vencore. At the time the company was known as QinetiQ, I enjoyed working there, and was able to get the training I needed which prepared me for my next position.
Constantly Learning
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stafford, VAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
QinetiQ North America was great to me. I have no complaints. I was promoted in 2 years and enjoyed supporting a Dod contract.
Productive and overall wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Belcamp, MDFebruary 2, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at QinetiQ North America. Meeting and helping all the oversea employees was a very fortunate and beneficial part of the job.
The work was fun, but the management was appalling!
Mechanical Apprentice (Former Employee), UKJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: the people that do hard graft are a great bunch of people (no form of management included)
Cons: management are to stuck up themselves to realise people have feelings.
As a company, QinetiQ is not worth anyone's time. It is a company that will take in people who are helpfull, willing and hard working and grind them down untill there is nothing left. The ethos of the company is to get what they can as cheap as they can and completely forget that that person was a human being.

Very high rates of sickness due to stress and even depression amongst staff.

The management from site managers upwards will take all the praises and also bonuses, and give nothing to the people that actually did all the work.

I know of another employee who was refused further employment with the company because they were on the autism spectrum. Massively discriminative and very uncalled for treatment of a member of staff.

Most sites are run on an if your face fits you will progress. If your face does not fit, they will get rid of you or force you to quit as soon as they can