QinetiQ

QinetiQ Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The work was fun, but the management was appalling!
Mechanical Apprentice (Former Employee), UKJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: the people that do hard graft are a great bunch of people (no form of management included)
Cons: management are to stuck up themselves to realise people have feelings.
As a company, QinetiQ is not worth anyone's time. It is a company that will take in people who are helpfull, willing and hard working and grind them down untill there is nothing left. The ethos of the company is to get what they can as cheap as they can and completely forget that that person was a human being.

Very high rates of sickness due to stress and even depression amongst staff.

The management from site managers upwards will take all the praises and also bonuses, and give nothing to the people that actually did all the work.

I know of another employee who was refused further employment with the company because they were on the autism spectrum. Massively discriminative and very uncalled for treatment of a member of staff.

Most sites are run on an if your face fits you will progress. If your face does not fit, they will get rid of you or force you to quit as soon as they can
Recently sold
Senior Manager Program Finance (Current Employee), Campbell, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Do not see advancement with the acquiring company as I was informed I am on the wrong coast. Currently managing 6 employees all based in VA. Utilized for my operations/systems and management skills.

Typical day at work is a fire drill and I am not advancing my knowledge of accounting.
Working At Eskmeals
Asset Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Millom, ENGJanuary 19, 2015
I will be very Sorry to Leave my current job i have been Happy in my time here. All the Staff have been very helpful and have helped me to gain lots of experience and new skill.
Weather it be dealing with Customer or paper work each working Day offer a new Challenge.
Soul Sucking and Life Draining
UAS Supervisory Data Monitor (Former Employee), N/AJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: everything
Seek employment with this company at your own risk. This a government contractor. For a experienced professional they pay entirely to low. Salary and benefits for this company were poor. It was a 9-5 grind with little input from or guidance from the management. Poor communication to employees and often left in the dark on major issues.
Good place to start, hard to move up
Associate Project Scheduler (Current Employee), Waltham, MADecember 15, 2014
Good people to work with as peers, upper management and vertical movement difficult.
Good learning experience in the defense industry
R&D Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Waltham, MADecember 10, 2014
Interesting projects and opportunities. Good company environment.
great work atmosphere
Production Technician II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh,Pa.November 21, 2014
Pros: control of vacation time, daylight shift and able to offset starting time
Cons: home company was in waltham, mass.
A typical day at Qinetiq consisted of assembly, testing and when needed repair of military robots. It was a pleasure to be involved in the production of a product that was responsible for saving lives in the military theatre. The robots were used in search and removal of explosive ordinances. We were a very productive team of dedicated production specialists. We never missed a deadline and exceeded on many occasions, expectations of upper management. It was the most rewarding and enjoyable job I have ever had. When needed overtime was never a problem. Getting the job done was top priority.
Good place to work for
Capability Group Leader, Software Manager (Former Employee), FarnboroughNovember 12, 2014
Pros: varied interesting work
Cons: none to be especially concerned about
Still gives great opportunity to work on a wide variety of important projects making working there very stimulating.

Very well suited for new graduates to gain experience, and those who have been with the company a long time.
Sinking Ship
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Waltham, MANovember 3, 2014
Pros: cool hands on work, cutting edge product ideas
Cons: management is corrupt, salaries are well below industry average, you are not rewarded for your hard work
Management is Corrupt, Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians, young employees are compensated poorly and advancement is never given to anyone below a management level without leaving the company.

Co-Workers in general are incredible, brilliant minds and great hands on work. The products we develop are second to none.
Great Job
Systems Administrator/ Government Contractor (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: fun great people
Cons: lost the government contract
they lost the Government Contract to a lower bidder i would have like to stay there for a long time
Free coffee all day. Had free sodas when I started there.
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 23, 2014
Pros: lunch was catered 4 days a week.
Cons: liberals walk among us.
Great place to work. I made a ton of great friends from working here. Very laid back.
Stay away!
Employee (Former Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free ice cream every other friday
Cons: too many to list here
Recent layoffs and poor management produce a toxic environment. CEO is in way over his head and his henchmen dutifully say yes to everything. Strong cronyism and culture of chauvinism.

My boss ignored me completely after I was hired and was visibly shocked when I dared to express opinions contrary to his and the CEO's. Just branched off from an affiliate office that provided oversight and the ink wasn't even dry on the agreement when the CEO decided he was going to relax the rules (dangerous territory when you are a defense contractor subject to DOD and trade compliance). Parent company is in the UK and sold off the affiliate office that provided guidance and actually did things the right way.

Terminated me because I wasn't a good fit (translation: not a yes man). Best thing they could have ever done for me!
Mission Oriented Company
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCOctober 10, 2014
QNA is a large business with the feel of a small business. The company's focus is to provide quality service to our Nation's Warfighters, however the company never loses focus on the need to take care of its own employees. This approach made it a job to work for QNA and inspired everyone to perform at the highest level.
Focused and Fun
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 28, 2014
Great company to work for people were focus but fun. Managed daily accounting functions for the government contractor.
great benefits
Project Manager, Team Lead (Former Employee), Springfield VASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: contracting postion
first government contracting position

worked closely with Government Leads

contract under frequent review which caused a lot of stress for all employees.
Great management for direct charge employees, interesting work
Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Reston, vaSeptember 17, 2014
Overall, great place to work. Great management, interesting work. Only downside is a lack of community with fellow coworkers. While everyone is very nice, its not the most social place to work
Hard working, fast paced environment, with helpful coworkers
Electrical Staff Engineer (Current Employee), waltham, MAAugust 19, 2014
Hard working, fast paced environment, with helpful coworkers
Too much politics, company is always changing their direction.
Engineer (Former Employee), Waltham MAAugust 11, 2014
Great place to work, great benefits.comp and great people.
Challenging Engineering Environment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Littleton, MAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Opportunities to advance education through coursework and trade events.
Interesting company events.
QinetiQ becomes Vencore SSG
Professional (Former Employee), Redstone Arsenal, ALAugust 2, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits, decent vacation time offering
Cons: cult of personality, subjective treatment of others, frequent supervisor gossip
A typical day at my work involved serving the various needs of the Army and Government aviation flight test customer base. From my placement in the organization, I learned a lot about politics and how others play them ruthlessly. Regarding management, I learned there is a vast difference between supervisors and leaders - and there are very few Leaders. Most of my co-workers on the contract were stand-up high-quality people with their values and hearts in the right places. The hardest part of the job for me was working within a cult of personality supervisor culture that while demanding and intense, was also retaliatory, crude, intolerant, divisive, and failed to grow or encourage others outside their clique. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the many kind and professional people also serving within Army flight test.

1 2 3 4 5