QinetiQ

QinetiQ Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
cowerkers always helpful
Member (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: government funding
As a Member of the engineering team that delivers systems engineering and integration, software development, logistics information management, training systems management, information technology services, and test and evaluation support for the development, modification, fielding and sustainment of military equipment and systems. To monitor and collect operational, supply and maintenance data, verify all data for accuracy, record data on GEDIS Forms, enter data in computer when required, run edits and correct errors, write reports and brief Army personnel as required. Enter data in on site computer, process data to include running and correcting edits, transmit data to the DPM and follow all other instructions provided with documentation from technical staff. Brief Commanders or Designated personnel on minimum of once monthly on data being submitted from his/her unit.
Good working environment
Consultant, Human Performance (Current Employee), Farnborough, ENGMarch 10, 2015
Friendly and comfortable place to work.
Experts in psychology, ergonomics and human factors.
Wide ranging content of research.
Challenging.
QinetiQ North America - a leader in custom-specialized technology and management processes
Program Manager (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMarch 7, 2015
While working at QinetiQ North America, I provided program management utilizing the earned value management approach to various government contracts. QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to the defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Their product offerings include survivability, unmanned systems to power sensors and control systems and transportation solutions. Customers rely on their products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
Poor management at all levels
Head of Marketing (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 2, 2015
Constant restructures, incompetent management. Every day a new crisis due to lack of planning and coordination amongst divisional heads.
Super people that work there, tremendous commitment and dedication from some of the finest minds in the world.

QinetiQ's problems are entirely due to poor management and a bully culture from the very top down.
Lots of Travel
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 25, 2015
I enjoyed working closely with my coworkers and all of the travel that took us to different parts of the country and the world.
ok
Functional Analyst/Production Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 14, 2015
This company has been bought by Vencore. At the time the company was known as QinetiQ, I enjoyed working there, and was able to get the training I needed which prepared me for my next position.
Constantly Learning
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stafford, VAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
QinetiQ North America was great to me. I have no complaints. I was promoted in 2 years and enjoyed supporting a Dod contract.
Productive and overall wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Belcamp, MDFebruary 2, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at QinetiQ North America. Meeting and helping all the oversea employees was a very fortunate and beneficial part of the job.
The work was fun, but the management was appalling!
Mechanical Apprentice (Former Employee), UKJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: the people that do hard graft are a great bunch of people (no form of management included)
Cons: management are to stuck up themselves to realise people have feelings.
As a company, QinetiQ is not worth anyone's time. It is a company that will take in people who are helpfull, willing and hard working and grind them down untill there is nothing left. The ethos of the company is to get what they can as cheap as they can and completely forget that that person was a human being.

Very high rates of sickness due to stress and even depression amongst staff.

The management from site managers upwards will take all the praises and also bonuses, and give nothing to the people that actually did all the work.

I know of another employee who was refused further employment with the company because they were on the autism spectrum. Massively discriminative and very uncalled for treatment of a member of staff.

Most sites are run on an if your face fits you will progress. If your face does not fit, they will get rid of you or force you to quit as soon as they can
Recently sold
Senior Manager Program Finance (Current Employee), Campbell, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Do not see advancement with the acquiring company as I was informed I am on the wrong coast. Currently managing 6 employees all based in VA. Utilized for my operations/systems and management skills.

Typical day at work is a fire drill and I am not advancing my knowledge of accounting.
Working At Eskmeals
Asset Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Millom, ENGJanuary 19, 2015
I will be very Sorry to Leave my current job i have been Happy in my time here. All the Staff have been very helpful and have helped me to gain lots of experience and new skill.
Weather it be dealing with Customer or paper work each working Day offer a new Challenge.
Soul Sucking and Life Draining
UAS Supervisory Data Monitor (Former Employee), N/AJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: everything
Seek employment with this company at your own risk. This a government contractor. For a experienced professional they pay entirely to low. Salary and benefits for this company were poor. It was a 9-5 grind with little input from or guidance from the management. Poor communication to employees and often left in the dark on major issues.
Good place to start, hard to move up
Associate Project Scheduler (Current Employee), Waltham, MADecember 15, 2014
Good people to work with as peers, upper management and vertical movement difficult.
Good learning experience in the defense industry
R&D Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Waltham, MADecember 10, 2014
Interesting projects and opportunities. Good company environment.
great work atmosphere
Production Technician II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh,Pa.November 21, 2014
Pros: control of vacation time, daylight shift and able to offset starting time
Cons: home company was in waltham, mass.
A typical day at Qinetiq consisted of assembly, testing and when needed repair of military robots. It was a pleasure to be involved in the production of a product that was responsible for saving lives in the military theatre. The robots were used in search and removal of explosive ordinances. We were a very productive team of dedicated production specialists. We never missed a deadline and exceeded on many occasions, expectations of upper management. It was the most rewarding and enjoyable job I have ever had. When needed overtime was never a problem. Getting the job done was top priority.
Good place to work for
Capability Group Leader, Software Manager (Former Employee), FarnboroughNovember 12, 2014
Pros: varied interesting work
Cons: none to be especially concerned about
Still gives great opportunity to work on a wide variety of important projects making working there very stimulating.

Very well suited for new graduates to gain experience, and those who have been with the company a long time.
Sinking Ship
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Waltham, MANovember 3, 2014
Pros: cool hands on work, cutting edge product ideas
Cons: management is corrupt, salaries are well below industry average, you are not rewarded for your hard work
Management is Corrupt, Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians, young employees are compensated poorly and advancement is never given to anyone below a management level without leaving the company.

Co-Workers in general are incredible, brilliant minds and great hands on work. The products we develop are second to none.
Great Job
Systems Administrator/ Government Contractor (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: fun great people
Cons: lost the government contract
they lost the Government Contract to a lower bidder i would have like to stay there for a long time
Free coffee all day. Had free sodas when I started there.
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 23, 2014
Pros: lunch was catered 4 days a week.
Cons: liberals walk among us.
Great place to work. I made a ton of great friends from working here. Very laid back.
Stay away!
Employee (Former Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free ice cream every other friday
Cons: too many to list here
Recent layoffs and poor management produce a toxic environment. CEO is in way over his head and his henchmen dutifully say yes to everything. Strong cronyism and culture of chauvinism.

My boss ignored me completely after I was hired and was visibly shocked when I dared to express opinions contrary to his and the CEO's. Just branched off from an affiliate office that provided oversight and the ink wasn't even dry on the agreement when the CEO decided he was going to relax the rules (dangerous territory when you are a defense contractor subject to DOD and trade compliance). Parent company is in the UK and sold off the affiliate office that provided guidance and actually did things the right way.

Terminated me because I wasn't a good fit (translation: not a yes man). Best thing they could have ever done for me!

1 2 3 4 5