QinetiQ

QinetiQ Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Rewarding, challenging, evolving workplace
Project Support Office Team Manager (Current Employee), Malvern, ENGJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Beautiful site
Cons: Due to the nature of the site it is difficult to talk too much about what we do
As a team manager there is no typical day. I enjoy the challenge of not knowing what is going to happen next. I get a lot from developing the team and watching their evolution - the moment you see their 'lightbulb' moment.
Low Morale but reasonable job
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), South UistJuly 2, 2015
Most of the staff are there due to location and lack of ambition. Wages are extremely poor and no advancement immediately obvious!
Dedicated to perfection teams
Consultant Component Engineer (Current Employee), Farnborough, ENGJune 27, 2015
Pros: Adding Value
Cons: IT Services
Finding solutions to challenges, when all others have given up, being the most enjoyable part of the job.
Co-workers, all polite & genuine
It was a good company to work for
construction manager (Former Employee), Farnborough, ENGJune 24, 2015
Pros: excellent rates
Cons: long hours
I had a good time working for QinetiQ but unfortunately all good things come to an end. And they never pursued more works in this field.
Worked with a Product, Professional, and motivating companies
Sr. Program Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaJune 19, 2015
Pros: Dedicated to Employees for the most part.
Cons: Frequent Turnovers and Sell Outs.
Appreciative of the opportunities for personal and professional growth and interest in not only my personal needs, but my requests for improvement, guidance, and support when needed.
Good Company
Principal Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 12, 2015
Overall They are for their employees and care. Their med plans and vac are very good. They offer bonuses etc....

I would highly recommend
Good opportunity
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), WLSJune 11, 2015
Pros: Job/Life balance is good.
Cons: Different pay rates which doesn't make it fair.
The Company has good opportunities once you manage to get in the company but I don't think the Apprenticeship has been thought through properly.
Teams focussed on delivering high quality technical work and customer satisfaction.
Programme Manager (Current Employee), Boscombe Down, ENGApril 22, 2015
Broad range of mostly defence related projects and programmes.

Delivery teams highly focussed on the quality of technical advice and output to the end customer/user.

After a period of transformation and transition the company is now much better placed to achieve growth.
cowerkers always helpful
Member (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: government funding
As a Member of the engineering team that delivers systems engineering and integration, software development, logistics information management, training systems management, information technology services, and test and evaluation support for the development, modification, fielding and sustainment of military equipment and systems. To monitor and collect operational, supply and maintenance data, verify all data for accuracy, record data on GEDIS Forms, enter data in computer when required, run edits and correct errors, write reports and brief Army personnel as required. Enter data in on site computer, process data to include running and correcting edits, transmit data to the DPM and follow all other instructions provided with documentation from technical staff. Brief Commanders or Designated personnel on minimum of once monthly on data being submitted from his/her unit.
Good working environment
Consultant, Human Performance (Current Employee), Farnborough, ENGMarch 10, 2015
Friendly and comfortable place to work.
Experts in psychology, ergonomics and human factors.
Wide ranging content of research.
Challenging.
QinetiQ North America - a leader in custom-specialized technology and management processes
Program Manager (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMarch 7, 2015
While working at QinetiQ North America, I provided program management utilizing the earned value management approach to various government contracts. QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to the defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Their product offerings include survivability, unmanned systems to power sensors and control systems and transportation solutions. Customers rely on their products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
Poor management at all levels
Head of Marketing (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 2, 2015
Constant restructures, incompetent management. Every day a new crisis due to lack of planning and coordination amongst divisional heads.
Super people that work there, tremendous commitment and dedication from some of the finest minds in the world.

QinetiQ's problems are entirely due to poor management and a bully culture from the very top down.
Lots of Travel
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 25, 2015
I enjoyed working closely with my coworkers and all of the travel that took us to different parts of the country and the world.
ok
Functional Analyst/Production Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 14, 2015
This company has been bought by Vencore. At the time the company was known as QinetiQ, I enjoyed working there, and was able to get the training I needed which prepared me for my next position.
Constantly Learning
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stafford, VAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
QinetiQ North America was great to me. I have no complaints. I was promoted in 2 years and enjoyed supporting a Dod contract.
Productive and overall wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Belcamp, MDFebruary 2, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at QinetiQ North America. Meeting and helping all the oversea employees was a very fortunate and beneficial part of the job.
The work was fun, but the management was appalling!
Mechanical Apprentice (Former Employee), UKJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: the people that do hard graft are a great bunch of people (no form of management included)
Cons: management are to stuck up themselves to realise people have feelings.
As a company, QinetiQ is not worth anyone's time. It is a company that will take in people who are helpfull, willing and hard working and grind them down untill there is nothing left. The ethos of the company is to get what they can as cheap as they can and completely forget that that person was a human being.

Very high rates of sickness due to stress and even depression amongst staff.

The management from site managers upwards will take all the praises and also bonuses, and give nothing to the people that actually did all the work.

I know of another employee who was refused further employment with the company because they were on the autism spectrum. Massively discriminative and very uncalled for treatment of a member of staff.

Most sites are run on an if your face fits you will progress. If your face does not fit, they will get rid of you or force you to quit as soon as they can
Recently sold
Senior Manager Program Finance (Current Employee), Campbell, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Do not see advancement with the acquiring company as I was informed I am on the wrong coast. Currently managing 6 employees all based in VA. Utilized for my operations/systems and management skills.

Typical day at work is a fire drill and I am not advancing my knowledge of accounting.
Working At Eskmeals
Asset Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Millom, ENGJanuary 19, 2015
I will be very Sorry to Leave my current job i have been Happy in my time here. All the Staff have been very helpful and have helped me to gain lots of experience and new skill.
Weather it be dealing with Customer or paper work each working Day offer a new Challenge.
Soul Sucking and Life Draining
UAS Supervisory Data Monitor (Former Employee), N/AJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: everything
Seek employment with this company at your own risk. This a government contractor. For a experienced professional they pay entirely to low. Salary and benefits for this company were poor. It was a 9-5 grind with little input from or guidance from the management. Poor communication to employees and often left in the dark on major issues.

1 2 3 4 5