QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Contracts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VA13 November 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at QinetiQ. There was always cross training opportunities available and people who were eager to share. The culture was relaxed, fun but professional. I certainly would work for QinetiQ again.
Pros
Free food and perks everytime we won a new contract
Cons
No telework at the time I was there
Feels like no one cares
unknown (Current Employee) –  England11 November 2017
All I feel I should say is that this has not been an enjoyable experience for me. I would not recommend QinetiQ as a place of work. However, I would recommend QinetiQ for there great R & D department and training facilities for pilots and astronauts.
good place to work
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  united kingdom17 October 2017
there were no lunch facilities on site. sandwich came round in the morning. mainly worked on ground equipment for military aircraft.
job got cancelled and therefore the contract.
Outstanding Place to Work
Operations Manager/Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VA29 September 2017
I worked with a remarkable group of people supporting the United States Marine Corps. The proximity from home to work allowed me to have a better quality of life. My Managers were accessible and allowed me to shine.
Pros
Meeting new challenges
Cons
Departing QinetiQ North America
Great people and and culture
Communications Executive (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire24 September 2017
I have a had an opportunity to work in several roles and be mentored by a number of managers. Consequently I have learned a really comprehensive set of skills. I don't feel like I have the opportunity to advance in my role and I have a lot more to give which is not being recognised unfortunately. The people have been incredible but I need to focus on career progression now.
Pros
people, workplace culture, benefits
Cons
salary, career development, wellbeing
Challenging and varied working environment
Direct Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough6 September 2017
I worked at QintetiQ during its transition from Public Sector to a Private company. This was a fascinating and challenging role helping to bring about the cultural change required during this period of change.
productive and a fun and safe place to work
Senior Assembler Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MA28 August 2017
I learn a lot with new idea, how to balance with jobs due date is in rushtime to ship out, learn how important customer quality and on time delivery so we can achieving our quarterly goal
Great company
Network/NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newington, VA26 August 2017
QinetiQ is a good company but does not always support engineers or workers under management supervision. Once a family oriented organization, initiated changes toward a more corporate philosophy which affected how personnel interact with each other.
Pros
Growth potential, flexibility
Cons
Miminal management support
Great Company
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  KSC8 August 2017
Great company,upper management listened, we knew what was expected of us, worked as a team to accomplish the final product. Great company to work for!
Not diversified
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA18 July 2017
No organization. Everyone seemed to be a boss. If anyone made a honest mistake, he or she was immediately terminated without reason or cause. Too many backstabbers trying to get ahead.
Cons
Short breaks, Lack of orgaization, Had to share tools, Tools unserviceable due to wear and improper use..

Want to know more about QinetiQ North America?

Ask a question
monotonous work with poor management.
Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks18 July 2017
Very old fashioned approach to advancement. (Dead man's shoes). enjoyed very little about working there. Very monotonous work for poor pay. also, the benefits offered were hardly worth bothering with.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Boring work
Relaxing place to work
Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL9 July 2017
Worked for this company as a contractor. I did not have interactions daily with company employees but the supervisor did come to Florida frequently to check on things. A typical day consisted of making sure visitors had proper security clearances, making runs for office supplies and answering calls.
Pros
Fun and relaxing environment
Cons
Supervisor worked in another state
A place that rewards hard work and is very transparent in the way they operate.
Lead Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA22 June 2017
It was a place to work with growth potential and a upper management team that cared and encouraged. I enjoyed everyday I was employed by the company and learned skills professionally and personally that will stay with me always.
QinetiQ a Friend
MoD Boscombe Down, Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Boscombe Down22 May 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for. Flexible understanding and forward thinking. Only left because they couldn't keep me busy enough........
Great education in future career
Aeronautical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, Wiltshire20 May 2017
QinetiQ has given me many skills which will be very useful in my future career. I have also gained qualifications while in their employment. QinetiQ will have enabled me to continue with my once I leave their employment.
dream job
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX5 May 2017
Data entry was a major part of my job, and I was able to do that while listening to audiobooks that I checked out from the library. I left work feeling productive and relaxed. I enjoyed working for QinetiQ because my managers were like mentors.
Terrible Management
Battalion level maintenance monitor and advisor (Former Employee) –  AFG4 May 2017
It was one of the jobs that I thought I could make a major difference for our armed services, unfortunately the management focused completely worthless BS while on ripping you up for one thing where another department complimented you for supplying different info.
Pros
The ability to support the troops.
Cons
Bad management!
Great invention culture for technology research
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 May 2017
Highly scientific organisation with main business relationship with U.K. ministry of defence. Due to protected and regulated market space, highly developed managment skills with least exposure to commercial leadership. A great opportunity to grow internationally depending on successful cultural transformation.
Pros
Scientific expertise
Cons
Commercialisation
Good experience obtained
Functional Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA27 April 2017
This was a nice place to work at. Everyone was friendly and willing to share their knowledge with you. The workplace culture was very inviting. No micro-management.
Pros
Free lunches, corporate picnics
A great place to be creative in your thinking
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury6 April 2017
I spent many happy years within QinetiQ and its previous forms. Loved the ability to come up with an idea and to then see it implemented. The organisation offers an extensive range of opportunity. Loved doing flight test and the days when flying was a possibility.
Pros
be what you want to be
Cons
none really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ North America. Our community is ready to answer.