QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Stores
Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoeburyness, Essex6 February 2017
As part of the MOD QinetiQ supply goods and services to Falness island batteries (sites)

Stores is the heart of the operation supplying anything from PPE to Milk to keep the site going.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Salery is very poor
Learning Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Boscombe Down3 February 2017
During my time at QinetiQ, I was learning about the site and what each area of the site does. I really enjoyed viewing the hangars and seeing how the different components of an aircraft fit together. It was only work experience for me so I didn't have any duties, but it was an enjoyable week.
Pros
A fun learning experience
Cons
N/A
Out of business
Mobile Training Team Coordinator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC31 January 2017
No longer in business. Went out of business about 4 years ago. Was not very employee friendly. Left because of micromanagement.
Lovely company to work for pleasent and lovely staff
Project Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire30 January 2017
A typical day at work consisted of raising new network codes, new project codes and new activity codes. I was also responsible for closing down old codes. The management were kind and pleasant and a great office atmosphere
Excellent Success
Vice President, Finance (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO25 January 2017
The company was best of breed, especially for its size. The management team, including the PE investors were top notch. The company successfully sold to a British company.
No Thanks
Team Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA14 December 2016
Free lunch I would prefer not to rank the companies I have worked for I this this is a process not worth of my time to give accurately. I have worked at many locations and companies it would not be accurate any more
Fun, fast paced, detailed oriented, very interesting, complete customer satisfaction
Supervisor / Data Entry Team (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN8 December 2016
I supervised employees ensuring all company policies and procedures were upheld pledging complete customer satisfaction in different parts of the world. Upper management was excellent ensuring an open door policy to all, allowing for a relaxed work environment while still encouraging its employees to be the "best they can be in all they do". Do to the job requirements and the constant travels, the relationships with all co-workers was that of an extended family fun, caring and helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving my family for weeks or months at a time while being deployed. However, upon returning from a business trip, the company would ensure all employees had a good turnaround time for personal matters before heading out on another business assignment which was greatly appreciated. Overall, working for this company was a very educational, enjoyable, and interesting place to be.
Pros
Ability to travel, job advancements, excellent benefits, meet new people
Cons
*none*
Good company to work for
Network Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Marfa, TX4 December 2016
Well balanced and equitable. Value employees. Good reward and compensation package. Would work for this company again.

As contractors, employees are expected to do work shunned by Federal employees. Great co-workers. Great management,
Pros
Good management
Cons
subject to lose contracts
Greatest job I've had ever!
Receptionist / Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MA30 November 2016
QinetiQ has been wonderful to me and I'm glad to be here. I've had help with tuition reimbursement so I've been able to better myself. I've made great relationships here with my co workers and QinetiQ has a lot of benefits and fun things for employees here. they are very appreciative of their employees and do a great job showing so.
Typical government contractor
Field Studies Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MD16 November 2016
Typical government contractor; worked on a good team, but not a company for long-term employment. Some travel required, short fuse taskings
NASA support contractor work force at the Kennedy Space Center
Mechanical Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FL15 November 2016
The management is largely retired or ex NASA employees. These mangers are extremely competent and knowledgeable of the processes required to prepare and launch rockets, satellites and spacecraft.
Technical
Resourcing Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Resourcing Business Partner7 November 2016
interesting products, interesting people, , uk based roles, challenging roles, good locations, good gym, ex mod, culture challenge, increasing commercial focus
great company
Data Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CA8 September 2016
great company to grow your management skill and grow. Management encouraged growth for everyone. Management always willing to assist
Excellent company
Optics - Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FL16 August 2016
I was on base to see the final three Space Shuttle launches and these are memories you can't take away or forget. Some of the best people in the world to work with.
Pros
Saw Space Shuttle launches up close
Cons
Space Shuttle ended
Was a good place to work
HR Coordinator (Deployment Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX15 August 2016
I best part of the job for me is that I created a workflow for and was responsible for deployment of all contractors that were willing to work in a oversea position and environment.
Pros
good work schedule
Cons
Basically on call
embedded Defence position
Specialist Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  RAAF Richmond NSW21 June 2016
autonomous position providing base line costing for the maintaining of a specific aircraft fleet and advice on outsourcing of these aspects to the commercial world
Pros
autonomous position
Cons
little to no support from company
Professional Team Members
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kandahar, Afghanistan14 May 2016
QNA hired quality individuals to perform highly technical skills in austere conditions throughout combat zones in support of US Govt contracts.
Pros
Private living quarters
Cons
Desert environment
Good Internship
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL19 April 2016
Enjoyed all of the people, they were very helpful and pleasant to work with. Not overly strict environment. As long as you completed work by deadline as was fine.
Becoming more corporate
Consultancy Category Lead (Current Employee) –  Farnborough18 April 2016
Recent organisation changes should be good for QinetiQ and allow it to realise its potential. The most enjoyable part is to be able to develop my staff in an environment where no one day is the same.
Positive, rewarding and friendly place to work.
Senior Airworthiness Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amesbury6 March 2016
Good work life balance, with a good corporate induction. A great team ethic and positive work life balance whilst still being challenged professionally. Great benefits, shares and pension policies in place.
Pros
Positive work life balance with excellent benefits, shares and pension policy
Cons
Wrong location for my family