QinetiQ North America

QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Fun, fast paced, detailed oriented, very interesting, complete customer satisfaction
Supervisor / Data Entry Team (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN8 December 2016
I supervised employees ensuring all company policies and procedures were upheld pledging complete customer satisfaction in different parts of the world. Upper management was excellent ensuring an open door policy to all, allowing for a relaxed work environment while still encouraging its employees to be the "best they can be in all they do". Do to the job requirements and the constant travels, the relationships with all co-workers was that of an extended family fun, caring and helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving my family for weeks or months at a time while being deployed. However, upon returning from a business trip, the company would ensure all employees had a good turnaround time for personal matters before heading out on another business assignment which was greatly appreciated. Overall, working for this company was a very educational, enjoyable, and interesting place to be.
Pros
Ability to travel, job advancements, excellent benefits, meet new people
Cons
*none*
Good company to work for
Network Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Marfa, TX4 December 2016
Well balanced and equitable. Value employees. Good reward and compensation package. Would work for this company again.

As contractors, employees are expected to do work shunned by Federal employees. Great co-workers. Great management,
Pros
Good management
Cons
subject to lose contracts
Greatest job I've had ever!
Receptionist / Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MA30 November 2016
QinetiQ has been wonderful to me and I'm glad to be here. I've had help with tuition reimbursement so I've been able to better myself. I've made great relationships here with my co workers and QinetiQ has a lot of benefits and fun things for employees here. they are very appreciative of their employees and do a great job showing so.
Typical government contractor
Field Studies Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MD16 November 2016
Typical government contractor; worked on a good team, but not a company for long-term employment. Some travel required, short fuse taskings
NASA support contractor work force at the Kennedy Space Center
Mechanical Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FL15 November 2016
The management is largely retired or ex NASA employees. These mangers are extremely competent and knowledgeable of the processes required to prepare and launch rockets, satellites and spacecraft.
Technical
Resourcing Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Resourcing Business Partner7 November 2016
interesting products, interesting people, , uk based roles, challenging roles, good locations, good gym, ex mod, culture challenge, increasing commercial focus
great company
Data Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CA8 September 2016
great company to grow your management skill and grow. Management encouraged growth for everyone. Management always willing to assist
Excellent company
Optics - Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FL16 August 2016
I was on base to see the final three Space Shuttle launches and these are memories you can't take away or forget. Some of the best people in the world to work with.
Pros
Saw Space Shuttle launches up close
Cons
Space Shuttle ended
Was a good place to work
HR Coordinator (Deployment Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX15 August 2016
I best part of the job for me is that I created a workflow for and was responsible for deployment of all contractors that were willing to work in a oversea position and environment.
Pros
good work schedule
Cons
Basically on call
embedded Defence position
Specialist Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  RAAF Richmond NSW21 June 2016
autonomous position providing base line costing for the maintaining of a specific aircraft fleet and advice on outsourcing of these aspects to the commercial world
Pros
autonomous position
Cons
little to no support from company
Professional Team Members
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kandahar, Afghanistan14 May 2016
QNA hired quality individuals to perform highly technical skills in austere conditions throughout combat zones in support of US Govt contracts.
Pros
Private living quarters
Cons
Desert environment
Good Internship
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL19 April 2016
Enjoyed all of the people, they were very helpful and pleasant to work with. Not overly strict environment. As long as you completed work by deadline as was fine.
Becoming more corporate
Consultancy Category Lead (Current Employee) –  Farnborough18 April 2016
Recent organisation changes should be good for QinetiQ and allow it to realise its potential. The most enjoyable part is to be able to develop my staff in an environment where no one day is the same.
Positive, rewarding and friendly place to work.
Senior Airworthiness Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amesbury6 March 2016
Good work life balance, with a good corporate induction. A great team ethic and positive work life balance whilst still being challenged professionally. Great benefits, shares and pension policies in place.
Pros
Positive work life balance with excellent benefits, shares and pension policy
Cons
Wrong location for my family
Decent work colleagues, outdated equipment and facilities and bad management
Apprentice Avionics Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Salisbury5 March 2016
QinetiQ was filled with decent people, that counted a large amount to the ratings I have left above. they offered a relatively high level of pay for the role I was in as an apprentice.

however this is counteracted by the attitude of management. We were treated as second rate employees, we would be expected to follow rules that were not followed by non-apprentice employees, despite being told this would never happen.

the equipment that we were forced to use was extremely outdated, and often designed for different purposes. The equipment was also very prone to malfunction and faults. this would often lead to questions on if the results were valid or not. definitely not a situation you would like to be in when working on aircraft.
Pros
extremely cheap lunches at mess hall
Cons
attitude of management, condition of supplied equipment
Could have been the best job I ever had...till the contract ended...
Technical Writer / Researcher / CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA22 February 2016
This was a contract job updating MIL-SPECs on a telecommute basis. Interesting, challenging work. Great team (even though scattered around the country).

The worst part was being laid off due to Govt $$ shortfalls.

The best part was being being able to work from home, maintaining a pretty good work/life balance.

The company itself was okay, if a bit distant. My supervisor wasn't always great, since they had very different modes of communications between written and telephone. You didn't always know where you stood. Could be frustrating.

Otherwise though, with a little higher pay, this would have been my dream job.
Full of Energy, Ethusiasim and Excitement
Deputy Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Farnborough15 February 2016
A typical day at work is Liaising with members of the Leadership team and delivering results.

The hardest part of my job is getting everyone to sit down and prepare a budget.

I love the engagement with people and delivering to deadlines, I am passionate about my work, but I am now looking for a new challenge.
Pros
Free Parking
Company sold due to overall non-compliance
Principal Graphic Designer/Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA15 October 2015
I loved my work and contribution as a Designer/Illustrator. I contributed with all the Proposal graphic design, concept illustrations and the Business and Development Marketing and trade shows. Due to a shortfall in this being a UK company the compliances required contributed to their downfall. The best of the best managers and staff were either let go or left before the clean sweep of the final days before the sale of the company. Before such happened the worst of the worst became the managers and they were terrible, inexperienced or totally serve serving and self centered. Too bad this company went under, but they only had the inept CEO to blame.
Pros
Great pay, flexibility
Cons
Totally inept CEO that brought the company to its knees and sold everyone out
The management team left a lot to be desired.
Security Guard/Escort (Former Employee) –  ENG14 October 2015
I worked as part of a 3 man security escort team, escorting workers on site working on the sea wall project. I had a great time with the 2 guys I worked with and we really bonded and worked well together. I also made many friends within the security team on-site as well as the workers. I felt the management did not look after the workers on site very well and in so doing did not get the best out of the employees.
Pros
Great bunch of people to work with
Merger ruined the company
Patriot Data Link Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, AL7 October 2015
I worked for Westar, which was bought out buy QinetiQ. QNA came in and "aligned benefits". This really meant they cut benefits to increase their bottom dollar. Their bad! Everyone that mattered quit.