QinetiQ North America

QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Optics - Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLAugust 16, 2016
I was on base to see the final three Space Shuttle launches and these are memories you can't take away or forget. Some of the best people in the world to work with.
Pros
Saw Space Shuttle launches up close
Cons
Space Shuttle ended
Was a good place to work
HR Coordinator (Deployment Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 15, 2016
I best part of the job for me is that I created a workflow for and was responsible for deployment of all contractors that were willing to work in a oversea position and environment.
Pros
good work schedule
Cons
Basically on call
embedded Defence position
Specialist Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  RAAF Richmond NSWJune 21, 2016
autonomous position providing base line costing for the maintaining of a specific aircraft fleet and advice on outsourcing of these aspects to the commercial world
Pros
autonomous position
Cons
little to no support from company
Professional Team Members
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kandahar, AfghanistanMay 14, 2016
QNA hired quality individuals to perform highly technical skills in austere conditions throughout combat zones in support of US Govt contracts.
Pros
Private living quarters
Cons
Desert environment
Good Internship
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 19, 2016
Enjoyed all of the people, they were very helpful and pleasant to work with. Not overly strict environment. As long as you completed work by deadline as was fine.
Becoming more corporate
Consultancy Category Lead (Current Employee) –  FarnboroughApril 18, 2016
Recent organisation changes should be good for QinetiQ and allow it to realise its potential. The most enjoyable part is to be able to develop my staff in an environment where no one day is the same.
Positive, rewarding and friendly place to work.
Senior Airworthiness Engineer (Current Employee) –  AmesburyMarch 6, 2016
Good work life balance, with a good corporate induction. A great team ethic and positive work life balance whilst still being challenged professionally. Great benefits, shares and pension policies in place.
Pros
Positive work life balance with excellent benefits, shares and pension policy
Cons
Wrong location for my family
Decent work colleagues, outdated equipment and facilities and bad management
Apprentice Avionics Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  SalisburyMarch 5, 2016
QinetiQ was filled with decent people, that counted a large amount to the ratings I have left above. they offered a relatively high level of pay for the role I was in as an apprentice.

however this is counteracted by the attitude of management. We were treated as second rate employees, we would be expected to follow rules that were not followed by non-apprentice employees, despite being told this would never happen.

the equipment that we were forced to use was extremely outdated, and often designed for different purposes. The equipment was also very prone to malfunction and faults. this would often lead to questions on if the results were valid or not. definitely not a situation you would like to be in when working on aircraft.
Pros
extremely cheap lunches at mess hall
Cons
attitude of management, condition of supplied equipment
Could have been the best job I ever had...till the contract ended...
Technical Writer / Researcher / CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 22, 2016
This was a contract job updating MIL-SPECs on a telecommute basis. Interesting, challenging work. Great team (even though scattered around the country).

The worst part was being laid off due to Govt $$ shortfalls.

The best part was being being able to work from home, maintaining a pretty good work/life balance.

The company itself was okay, if a bit distant. My supervisor wasn't always great, since they had very different modes of communications between written and telephone. You didn't always know where you stood. Could be frustrating.

Otherwise though, with a little higher pay, this would have been my dream job.
Full of Energy, Ethusiasim and Excitement
Deputy Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  FarnboroughFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at work is Liaising with members of the Leadership team and delivering results.

The hardest part of my job is getting everyone to sit down and prepare a budget.

I love the engagement with people and delivering to deadlines, I am passionate about my work, but I am now looking for a new challenge.
Pros
Free Parking
The management team left a lot to be desired.
Security Guard/Escort (Former Employee) –  ENGOctober 14, 2015
I worked as part of a 3 man security escort team, escorting workers on site working on the sea wall project. I had a great time with the 2 guys I worked with and we really bonded and worked well together. I also made many friends within the security team on-site as well as the workers. I felt the management did not look after the workers on site very well and in so doing did not get the best out of the employees.
Pros
Great bunch of people to work with
Merger ruined the company
Patriot Data Link Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALOctober 7, 2015
I worked for Westar, which was bought out buy QinetiQ. QNA came in and "aligned benefits". This really meant they cut benefits to increase their bottom dollar. Their bad! Everyone that mattered quit.
Awesome Company
Network Operations Team Lead/ Technical PM (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 5, 2015
This company was excellent in customer service. They had a great management team and I would definitely work there again if needed.
Great Job
Range Worker (Former Employee) –  shoeburynessAugust 26, 2015
Overall it was a brilliant job, very interesting and learnt quit a lot. Great people to work with, they were very nice and helped as much as they could.
Was a great shame the contract ended as would have stayed.
Pros
close to home
Cons
some very heavy work
Great co-workers and work life balance
Contracts Coordinator and Administrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 3, 2015
I still communicate with my old co workers and appreciate their support during my pregnancy and birth. I found out I was having twins less than a year after my tenure at Qinetiq. The news was received with support and caring. I was concerned since the company was undergoing a reorganization at the time. I always look back on that time with joy.
Pros
company work culture events, professional association meetings
Cons
change in management altered the culture
Rewarding, challenging, evolving workplace
Project Support Office Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ENGJuly 29, 2015
As a team manager there is no typical day. I enjoy the challenge of not knowing what is going to happen next. I get a lot from developing the team and watching their evolution - the moment you see their 'lightbulb' moment.
Pros
Beautiful site
Cons
Due to the nature of the site it is difficult to talk too much about what we do
Low Morale but reasonable job
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  South UistJuly 2, 2015
Most of the staff are there due to location and lack of ambition. Wages are extremely poor and no advancement immediately obvious!
Dedicated to perfection teams
Consultant Component Engineer (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, ENGJune 27, 2015
Finding solutions to challenges, when all others have given up, being the most enjoyable part of the job.
Co-workers, all polite & genuine
Pros
Adding Value
Cons
IT Services
It was a good company to work for
construction manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, ENGJune 24, 2015
I had a good time working for QinetiQ but unfortunately all good things come to an end. And they never pursued more works in this field.
Pros
excellent rates
Worked with a Product, Professional, and motivating companies
Sr. Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaJune 19, 2015
Appreciative of the opportunities for personal and professional growth and interest in not only my personal needs, but my requests for improvement, guidance, and support when needed.
Pros
Dedicated to Employees for the most part.
Cons
Frequent Turnovers and Sell Outs.