QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Challenging and varied working environment
Direct Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough6 September 2017
I worked at QintetiQ during its transition from Public Sector to a Private company. This was a fascinating and challenging role helping to bring about the cultural change required during this period of change.
productive and a fun and safe place to work
Senior Assembler Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MA28 August 2017
I learn a lot with new idea, how to balance with jobs due date is in rushtime to ship out, learn how important customer quality and on time delivery so we can achieving our quarterly goal
Great company
Network/NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newington, VA26 August 2017
QinetiQ is a good company but does not always support engineers or workers under management supervision. Once a family oriented organization, initiated changes toward a more corporate philosophy which affected how personnel interact with each other.
Pros
Growth potential, flexibility
Cons
Miminal management support
Great Company
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  KSC8 August 2017
Great company,upper management listened, we knew what was expected of us, worked as a team to accomplish the final product. Great company to work for!
Not diversified
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA18 July 2017
No organization. Everyone seemed to be a boss. If anyone made a honest mistake, he or she was immediately terminated without reason or cause. Too many backstabbers trying to get ahead.
Cons
Short breaks, Lack of orgaization, Had to share tools, Tools unserviceable due to wear and improper use..
monotonous work with poor management.
Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks18 July 2017
Very old fashioned approach to advancement. (Dead man's shoes). enjoyed very little about working there. Very monotonous work for poor pay. also, the benefits offered were hardly worth bothering with.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Boring work
Relaxing place to work
Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL9 July 2017
Worked for this company as a contractor. I did not have interactions daily with company employees but the supervisor did come to Florida frequently to check on things. A typical day consisted of making sure visitors had proper security clearances, making runs for office supplies and answering calls.
Pros
Fun and relaxing environment
Cons
Supervisor worked in another state
A place that rewards hard work and is very transparent in the way they operate.
Lead Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA22 June 2017
It was a place to work with growth potential and a upper management team that cared and encouraged. I enjoyed everyday I was employed by the company and learned skills professionally and personally that will stay with me always.
QinetiQ a Friend
MoD Boscombe Down, Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Boscombe Down22 May 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for. Flexible understanding and forward thinking. Only left because they couldn't keep me busy enough........
Great education in future career
Aeronautical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, Wiltshire20 May 2017
QinetiQ has given me many skills which will be very useful in my future career. I have also gained qualifications while in their employment. QinetiQ will have enabled me to continue with my once I leave their employment.
dream job
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX5 May 2017
Data entry was a major part of my job, and I was able to do that while listening to audiobooks that I checked out from the library. I left work feeling productive and relaxed. I enjoyed working for QinetiQ because my managers were like mentors.
Terrible Management
Battalion level maintenance monitor and advisor (Former Employee) –  AFG4 May 2017
It was one of the jobs that I thought I could make a major difference for our armed services, unfortunately the management focused completely worthless BS while on ripping you up for one thing where another department complimented you for supplying different info.
Pros
The ability to support the troops.
Cons
Bad management!
Great invention culture for technology research
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 May 2017
Highly scientific organisation with main business relationship with U.K. ministry of defence. Due to protected and regulated market space, highly developed managment skills with least exposure to commercial leadership. A great opportunity to grow internationally depending on successful cultural transformation.
Pros
Scientific expertise
Cons
Commercialisation
Good experience obtained
Functional Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA27 April 2017
This was a nice place to work at. Everyone was friendly and willing to share their knowledge with you. The workplace culture was very inviting. No micro-management.
Pros
Free lunches, corporate picnics
A great place to be creative in your thinking
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury6 April 2017
I spent many happy years within QinetiQ and its previous forms. Loved the ability to come up with an idea and to then see it implemented. The organisation offers an extensive range of opportunity. Loved doing flight test and the days when flying was a possibility.
Pros
be what you want to be
Cons
none really
Fun place to work
RELIABILITY DATA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OK11 March 2017
It was a fun place to work. At that time the majority of the team got along well. They had good benefits. Too much travel away from home. Pay was pretty good.
Pros
Government Contractor
Cons
Government Contractor
Contract job working for the federal gov't.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WA6 March 2017
The company lost it's contract with the federal gov't and laid off all staff. They were abusive to all employees and didn't care about anyone at all.
very pleasant work place, advanced promotion each year
comm tech (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA28 February 2017
thriving company with awesome benefits. Diverse workplace. Strenuous call volume.

Must tolerate diverse attitude from callers must be patient. Must catch on fast
Pros
family oriented
Cons
call volume
Stores
Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoeburyness, Essex6 February 2017
As part of the MOD QinetiQ supply goods and services to Falness island batteries (sites)

Stores is the heart of the operation supplying anything from PPE to Milk to keep the site going.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Salery is very poor
Learning Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Boscombe Down3 February 2017
During my time at QinetiQ, I was learning about the site and what each area of the site does. I really enjoyed viewing the hangars and seeing how the different components of an aircraft fit together. It was only work experience for me so I didn't have any duties, but it was an enjoyable week.
Pros
A fun learning experience
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ North America. Our community is ready to answer.