QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Fun, fast paced, detailed oriented, very interesting, complete customer satisfaction
Supervisor / Data Entry Team (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN8 December 2016
I supervised employees ensuring all company policies and procedures were upheld pledging complete customer satisfaction in different parts of the world. Upper management was excellent ensuring an open door policy to all, allowing for a relaxed work environment while still encouraging its employees to be the "best they can be in all they do". Do to the job requirements and the constant travels, the relationships with all co-workers was that of an extended family fun, caring and helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving my family for weeks or months at a time while being deployed. However, upon returning from a business trip, the company would ensure all employees had a good turnaround time for personal matters before heading out on another business assignment which was greatly appreciated. Overall, working for this company was a very educational, enjoyable, and interesting place to be.
Pros
Ability to travel, job advancements, excellent benefits, meet new people
Cons
*none*
Good company to work for
Network Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Marfa, TX4 December 2016
Well balanced and equitable. Value employees. Good reward and compensation package. Would work for this company again.

As contractors, employees are expected to do work shunned by Federal employees. Great co-workers. Great management,
Pros
Good management
Cons
subject to lose contracts
Greatest job I've had ever!
Receptionist / Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MA30 November 2016
QinetiQ has been wonderful to me and I'm glad to be here. I've had help with tuition reimbursement so I've been able to better myself. I've made great relationships here with my co workers and QinetiQ has a lot of benefits and fun things for employees here. they are very appreciative of their employees and do a great job showing so.
Lovely company to work for pleasent and lovely staff
Project Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire30 January 2017
A typical day at work consisted of raising new network codes, new project codes and new activity codes. I was also responsible for closing down old codes. The management were kind and pleasant and a great office atmosphere
very pleasant work place, advanced promotion each year
comm tech (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA28 February 2017
thriving company with awesome benefits. Diverse workplace. Strenuous call volume.

Must tolerate diverse attitude from callers must be patient. Must catch on fast
Pros
family oriented
Cons
call volume
Excellent Success
Vice President, Finance (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO25 January 2017
The company was best of breed, especially for its size. The management team, including the PE investors were top notch. The company successfully sold to a British company.
NASA support contractor work force at the Kennedy Space Center
Mechanical Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FL15 November 2016
The management is largely retired or ex NASA employees. These mangers are extremely competent and knowledgeable of the processes required to prepare and launch rockets, satellites and spacecraft.
Out of business
Mobile Training Team Coordinator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC31 January 2017
No longer in business. Went out of business about 4 years ago. Was not very employee friendly. Left because of micromanagement.
Technical
Resourcing Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Resourcing Business Partner7 November 2016
interesting products, interesting people, , uk based roles, challenging roles, good locations, good gym, ex mod, culture challenge, increasing commercial focus
great company
Data Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CA8 September 2016
great company to grow your management skill and grow. Management encouraged growth for everyone. Management always willing to assist
Learning Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Boscombe Down3 February 2017
During my time at QinetiQ, I was learning about the site and what each area of the site does. I really enjoyed viewing the hangars and seeing how the different components of an aircraft fit together. It was only work experience for me so I didn't have any duties, but it was an enjoyable week.
Pros
A fun learning experience
Cons
N/A
Contract job working for the federal gov't.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WA6 March 2017
The company lost it's contract with the federal gov't and laid off all staff. They were abusive to all employees and didn't care about anyone at all.
Positive, rewarding and friendly place to work.
Senior Airworthiness Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amesbury6 March 2016
Good work life balance, with a good corporate induction. A great team ethic and positive work life balance whilst still being challenged professionally. Great benefits, shares and pension policies in place.
Pros
Positive work life balance with excellent benefits, shares and pension policy
Cons
Wrong location for my family
Stores
Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoeburyness, Essex6 February 2017
As part of the MOD QinetiQ supply goods and services to Falness island batteries (sites)

Stores is the heart of the operation supplying anything from PPE to Milk to keep the site going.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Salery is very poor
No Thanks
Team Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA14 December 2016
Free lunch I would prefer not to rank the companies I have worked for I this this is a process not worth of my time to give accurately. I have worked at many locations and companies it would not be accurate any more
Typical government contractor
Field Studies Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MD16 November 2016
Typical government contractor; worked on a good team, but not a company for long-term employment. Some travel required, short fuse taskings
Could have been the best job I ever had...till the contract ended...
Technical Writer / Researcher / CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA22 February 2016
This was a contract job updating MIL-SPECs on a telecommute basis. Interesting, challenging work. Great team (even though scattered around the country).

The worst part was being laid off due to Govt $$ shortfalls.

The best part was being being able to work from home, maintaining a pretty good work/life balance.

The company itself was okay, if a bit distant. My supervisor wasn't always great, since they had very different modes of communications between written and telephone. You didn't always know where you stood. Could be frustrating.

Otherwise though, with a little higher pay, this would have been my dream job.
Decent work colleagues, outdated equipment and facilities and bad management
Apprentice Avionics Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Salisbury5 March 2016
QinetiQ was filled with decent people, that counted a large amount to the ratings I have left above. they offered a relatively high level of pay for the role I was in as an apprentice.

however this is counteracted by the attitude of management. We were treated as second rate employees, we would be expected to follow rules that were not followed by non-apprentice employees, despite being told this would never happen.

the equipment that we were forced to use was extremely outdated, and often designed for different purposes. The equipment was also very prone to malfunction and faults. this would often lead to questions on if the results were valid or not. definitely not a situation you would like to be in when working on aircraft.
Pros
extremely cheap lunches at mess hall
Cons
attitude of management, condition of supplied equipment
QinetiQ becomes Vencore SSG
Professional (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, AL2 August 2014
A typical day at my work involved serving the various needs of the Army and Government aviation flight test customer base. From my placement in the organization, I learned a lot about politics and how others play them ruthlessly. Regarding management, I learned there is a vast difference between supervisors and leaders - and there are very few Leaders. Most of my co-workers on the contract were stand-up high-quality people with their values and hearts in the right places. The hardest part of the job for me was working within a cult of personality supervisor culture that while demanding and intense, was also retaliatory, crude, intolerant, divisive, and failed to grow or encourage others outside their clique. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the many kind and professional people also serving within Army flight test.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, decent vacation time offering
Cons
cult of personality, subjective treatment of others, frequent supervisor gossip
The work was fun, but the management was appalling!
Mechanical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  UK25 January 2015
As a company, QinetiQ is not worth anyone's time. It is a company that will take in people who are helpfull, willing and hard working and grind them down untill there is nothing left. The ethos of the company is to get what they can as cheap as they can and completely forget that that person was a human being.

Very high rates of sickness due to stress and even depression amongst staff.

The management from site managers upwards will take all the praises and also bonuses, and give nothing to the people that actually did all the work.

I know of another employee who was refused further employment with the company because they were on the autism spectrum. Massively discriminative and very uncalled for treatment of a member of staff.

Most sites are run on an if your face fits you will progress. If your face does not fit, they will get rid of you or force you to quit as soon as they can
Pros
The people that do hard graft are a great bunch of people (No form of management included)
Cons
Management are to stuck up themselves to realise people have feelings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ North America. Our community is ready to answer.

84%