QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

dream job
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX5 May 2017
Data entry was a major part of my job, and I was able to do that while listening to audiobooks that I checked out from the library. I left work feeling productive and relaxed. I enjoyed working for QinetiQ because my managers were like mentors.
Terrible Management
Battalion level maintenance monitor and advisor (Former Employee) –  AFG4 May 2017
It was one of the jobs that I thought I could make a major difference for our armed services, unfortunately the management focused completely worthless BS while on ripping you up for one thing where another department complimented you for supplying different info.
Pros
The ability to support the troops.
Cons
Bad management!
Good experience obtained
Functional Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA27 April 2017
This was a nice place to work at. Everyone was friendly and willing to share their knowledge with you. The workplace culture was very inviting. No micro-management.
Pros
Free lunches, corporate picnics
Contract job working for the federal gov't.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WA6 March 2017
The company lost it's contract with the federal gov't and laid off all staff. They were abusive to all employees and didn't care about anyone at all.
very pleasant work place, advanced promotion each year
comm tech (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA28 February 2017
thriving company with awesome benefits. Diverse workplace. Strenuous call volume.

Must tolerate diverse attitude from callers must be patient. Must catch on fast
Pros
family oriented
Cons
call volume
Stores
Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoeburyness, Essex6 February 2017
As part of the MOD QinetiQ supply goods and services to Falness island batteries (sites)

Stores is the heart of the operation supplying anything from PPE to Milk to keep the site going.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Salery is very poor
Learning Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Boscombe Down3 February 2017
During my time at QinetiQ, I was learning about the site and what each area of the site does. I really enjoyed viewing the hangars and seeing how the different components of an aircraft fit together. It was only work experience for me so I didn't have any duties, but it was an enjoyable week.
Pros
A fun learning experience
Cons
N/a
Out of business
Mobile Training Team Coordinator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC31 January 2017
No longer in business. Went out of business about 4 years ago. Was not very employee friendly. Left because of micromanagement.
Lovely company to work for pleasent and lovely staff
Project Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire30 January 2017
A typical day at work consisted of raising new network codes, new project codes and new activity codes. I was also responsible for closing down old codes. The management were kind and pleasant and a great office atmosphere
Excellent Success
Vice President, Finance (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO25 January 2017
The company was best of breed, especially for its size. The management team, including the PE investors were top notch. The company successfully sold to a British company.
No Thanks
Team Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA14 December 2016
Free lunch I would prefer not to rank the companies I have worked for I this this is a process not worth of my time to give accurately. I have worked at many locations and companies it would not be accurate any more
Fun, fast paced, detailed oriented, very interesting, complete customer satisfaction
Supervisor / Data Entry Team (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN8 December 2016
I supervised employees ensuring all company policies and procedures were upheld pledging complete customer satisfaction in different parts of the world. Upper management was excellent ensuring an open door policy to all, allowing for a relaxed work environment while still encouraging its employees to be the "best they can be in all they do". Do to the job requirements and the constant travels, the relationships with all co-workers was that of an extended family fun, caring and helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving my family for weeks or months at a time while being deployed. However, upon returning from a business trip, the company would ensure all employees had a good turnaround time for personal matters before heading out on another business assignment which was greatly appreciated. Overall, working for this company was a very educational, enjoyable, and interesting place to be.
Pros
Ability to travel, job advancements, excellent benefits, meet new people
Cons
*none*
Good company to work for
Network Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Marfa, TX4 December 2016
Well balanced and equitable. Value employees. Good reward and compensation package. Would work for this company again.

As contractors, employees are expected to do work shunned by Federal employees. Great co-workers. Great management,
Pros
Good management
Cons
subject to lose contracts
Greatest job I've had ever!
Receptionist / Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MA30 November 2016
QinetiQ has been wonderful to me and I'm glad to be here. I've had help with tuition reimbursement so I've been able to better myself. I've made great relationships here with my co workers and QinetiQ has a lot of benefits and fun things for employees here. they are very appreciative of their employees and do a great job showing so.
Typical government contractor
Field Studies Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MD16 November 2016
Typical government contractor; worked on a good team, but not a company for long-term employment. Some travel required, short fuse taskings
NASA support contractor work force at the Kennedy Space Center
Mechanical Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FL15 November 2016
The management is largely retired or ex NASA employees. These mangers are extremely competent and knowledgeable of the processes required to prepare and launch rockets, satellites and spacecraft.
Technical
Resourcing Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Resourcing Business Partner7 November 2016
interesting products, interesting people, , uk based roles, challenging roles, good locations, good gym, ex mod, culture challenge, increasing commercial focus
great company
Data Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CA8 September 2016
great company to grow your management skill and grow. Management encouraged growth for everyone. Management always willing to assist
Excellent company
Optics - Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FL16 August 2016
I was on base to see the final three Space Shuttle launches and these are memories you can't take away or forget. Some of the best people in the world to work with.
Pros
Saw Space Shuttle launches up close
Cons
Space Shuttle ended
Was a good place to work
HR Coordinator (Deployment Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX15 August 2016
I best part of the job for me is that I created a workflow for and was responsible for deployment of all contractors that were willing to work in a oversea position and environment.
Pros
good work schedule
Cons
Basically on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ North America. Our community is ready to answer.