QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Fun, fast paced, detailed oriented, very interesting, complete customer satisfaction
Supervisor / Data Entry Team (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN8 December 2016
I supervised employees ensuring all company policies and procedures were upheld pledging complete customer satisfaction in different parts of the world. Upper management was excellent ensuring an open door policy to all, allowing for a relaxed work environment while still encouraging its employees to be the "best they can be in all they do". Do to the job requirements and the constant travels, the relationships with all co-workers was that of an extended family fun, caring and helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving my family for weeks or months at a time while being deployed. However, upon returning from a business trip, the company would ensure all employees had a good turnaround time for personal matters before heading out on another business assignment which was greatly appreciated. Overall, working for this company was a very educational, enjoyable, and interesting place to be.
Pros
Ability to travel, job advancements, excellent benefits, meet new people
Cons
*none*
Good company to work for
Network Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Marfa, TX4 December 2016
Well balanced and equitable. Value employees. Good reward and compensation package. Would work for this company again.

As contractors, employees are expected to do work shunned by Federal employees. Great co-workers. Great management,
Pros
Good management
Cons
subject to lose contracts
Greatest job I've had ever!
Receptionist / Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MA30 November 2016
QinetiQ has been wonderful to me and I'm glad to be here. I've had help with tuition reimbursement so I've been able to better myself. I've made great relationships here with my co workers and QinetiQ has a lot of benefits and fun things for employees here. they are very appreciative of their employees and do a great job showing so.
Positive, rewarding and friendly place to work.
Senior Airworthiness Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amesbury6 March 2016
Good work life balance, with a good corporate induction. A great team ethic and positive work life balance whilst still being challenged professionally. Great benefits, shares and pension policies in place.
Pros
Positive work life balance with excellent benefits, shares and pension policy
Cons
Wrong location for my family
NASA support contractor work force at the Kennedy Space Center
Mechanical Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FL15 November 2016
The management is largely retired or ex NASA employees. These mangers are extremely competent and knowledgeable of the processes required to prepare and launch rockets, satellites and spacecraft.
Typical government contractor
Field Studies Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MD16 November 2016
Typical government contractor; worked on a good team, but not a company for long-term employment. Some travel required, short fuse taskings
great company
Data Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CA8 September 2016
great company to grow your management skill and grow. Management encouraged growth for everyone. Management always willing to assist
Technical
Resourcing Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Resourcing Business Partner7 November 2016
interesting products, interesting people, , uk based roles, challenging roles, good locations, good gym, ex mod, culture challenge, increasing commercial focus
No Thanks
Team Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA14 December 2016
Free lunch I would prefer not to rank the companies I have worked for I this this is a process not worth of my time to give accurately. I have worked at many locations and companies it would not be accurate any more
Could have been the best job I ever had...till the contract ended...
Technical Writer / Researcher / CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA22 February 2016
This was a contract job updating MIL-SPECs on a telecommute basis. Interesting, challenging work. Great team (even though scattered around the country).

The worst part was being laid off due to Govt $$ shortfalls.

The best part was being being able to work from home, maintaining a pretty good work/life balance.

The company itself was okay, if a bit distant. My supervisor wasn't always great, since they had very different modes of communications between written and telephone. You didn't always know where you stood. Could be frustrating.

Otherwise though, with a little higher pay, this would have been my dream job.
Excellent company
Optics - Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FL16 August 2016
I was on base to see the final three Space Shuttle launches and these are memories you can't take away or forget. Some of the best people in the world to work with.
Pros
Saw Space Shuttle launches up close
Cons
Space Shuttle ended
Decent work colleagues, outdated equipment and facilities and bad management
Apprentice Avionics Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Salisbury5 March 2016
QinetiQ was filled with decent people, that counted a large amount to the ratings I have left above. they offered a relatively high level of pay for the role I was in as an apprentice.

however this is counteracted by the attitude of management. We were treated as second rate employees, we would be expected to follow rules that were not followed by non-apprentice employees, despite being told this would never happen.

the equipment that we were forced to use was extremely outdated, and often designed for different purposes. The equipment was also very prone to malfunction and faults. this would often lead to questions on if the results were valid or not. definitely not a situation you would like to be in when working on aircraft.
Pros
extremely cheap lunches at mess hall
Cons
attitude of management, condition of supplied equipment
The work was fun, but the management was appalling!
Mechanical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  UK25 January 2015
As a company, QinetiQ is not worth anyone's time. It is a company that will take in people who are helpfull, willing and hard working and grind them down untill there is nothing left. The ethos of the company is to get what they can as cheap as they can and completely forget that that person was a human being.

Very high rates of sickness due to stress and even depression amongst staff.

The management from site managers upwards will take all the praises and also bonuses, and give nothing to the people that actually did all the work.

I know of another employee who was refused further employment with the company because they were on the autism spectrum. Massively discriminative and very uncalled for treatment of a member of staff.

Most sites are run on an if your face fits you will progress. If your face does not fit, they will get rid of you or force you to quit as soon as they can
Pros
The people that do hard graft are a great bunch of people (No form of management included)
Cons
Management are to stuck up themselves to realise people have feelings.
QinetiQ becomes Vencore SSG
Professional (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, AL2 August 2014
A typical day at my work involved serving the various needs of the Army and Government aviation flight test customer base. From my placement in the organization, I learned a lot about politics and how others play them ruthlessly. Regarding management, I learned there is a vast difference between supervisors and leaders - and there are very few Leaders. Most of my co-workers on the contract were stand-up high-quality people with their values and hearts in the right places. The hardest part of the job for me was working within a cult of personality supervisor culture that while demanding and intense, was also retaliatory, crude, intolerant, divisive, and failed to grow or encourage others outside their clique. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the many kind and professional people also serving within Army flight test.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, decent vacation time offering
Cons
cult of personality, subjective treatment of others, frequent supervisor gossip
Was a good place to work
HR Coordinator (Deployment Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX15 August 2016
I best part of the job for me is that I created a workflow for and was responsible for deployment of all contractors that were willing to work in a oversea position and environment.
Pros
good work schedule
Cons
Basically on call
Previously 3H Technology and then purchased by QinetiQ
Sr. Quality Assurance / Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA26 March 2013
The first 6 years i worked for 3H Technologies and the company achieved tremendous goals such as ISO Certification in which I was a Lead Auditor. As well we achieved a CMMI acreditation. 3H Technologies was a very well balanced and efficient company. It was then bought by QinetiQ NA. The transistion was not well planned. New Management from QinetiQ had a difficult time associating with current management. raises were not based on performance or effort. They offered very little which destroyed company moral.
Great Company to work for
Senior Logistics Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MO19 February 2014
Working as a Senior Logistics Technician within QinetiQ-NA has been and still is a great opportunity for any service veteran transitioning out of the military.
Great Flexible schedule, enables you to conduct business at your customers convenience while still achieving your goals.
Management and Supervisors are located out of state and do not micromanage " if your competent and doing your job".
Pay is great, benefits are not needed except for the 401k plan. Being Retired Military.
Would recommend this job for anyone in the maintenance field that has had supervisory roles.
Pros
paid mileage for POV use
Amazing job, amazing people
Test Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL20 November 2013
Being a test coordinator for cargo helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft is very rewarding, daily. I enjoy doing budget daily, as well as day-to-day administrative duties and working with my team.

Coordinating many various projects is very busy work, but multi-tasking is what I enjoy the most.

Management is outstanding, and working for Qinetiq, on post with AFTD, is very rewarding for me, daily.
Pros
The people, the aircraft, the constant changes, the flexibility
Cons
Have had problems recently with raises due to budget constraints
No room for advancement and micro management
Electronic Publications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL25 November 2012
The project I work on, we get treated like robots and only certain people obtain training to advance their careers. The company would rather lay you off, than find you a position in the company. Leadership is very micro management oriented. We even get emails on how to act when customers come. Health benefits are not in line with others companies in area.

Only positive is that they offer a very flexible work schedule.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
micro management, no advancement
Team oriented but lack of organization and direction
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA26 March 2014
Qinetiq is a military contractor and as such is subject to work available from government agencies. Of late the company has seen some layoffs and misfortune but things seemed to be turning around when I left. The work that there was (outside of the TALON division) was interesting and engaging but a bit sparse at times. The office was not very social overall. There are good benefits, but not as good job security (when I was there).
Pros
Fun projects, good commute, flexible hours
Cons
Work sparse, office not very social