Qatar Petroleum Employee Reviews in Canada

Nice work place
Emergency control operator (Current Employee) –  Qatar petroleum refineryFebruary 18, 2016
*Rotating 12 hours shift, monitoring the DCS system graphics and handling emergency and non emergency calls.
*After a long time of doing the same job, sometimes we think we've seen everything. then comes a new day with a brand new challenge and we learn something new.
*The management's full support and trust in our emergency control center team is the reason why we try to give our best every day.
*Team work is the key for a job well done and we have a wonderful team.
*There is nothing that I find overly hard in my job.
*The most enjoyable part is to get the job done in time and getting an appreciation for that.
Excellent in man management. Safety is top priority. 36 years of experience in various positions and in various industries.
LEAD PRODUCTION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Qatar petroliumDecember 12, 2015
Managing offshore platform with a production of 800 mmscfd of natural gas and 42000 bpd of condensate.Challenging task is to operate and maintain the plant in a safe manner and taking care of 142 persons working on platform. Strictly implementation of PTW system for safe working.Management and handling of multicultural /multinational and multi religion manpower.Conduct regular Drills/Exercise to prepared for any emergency crises. Ensure that all safety system and life saving equipment are FIT FOR PURPOSE all the time and whenever needs arise.
Excellent Benefits
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  QatarNovember 23, 2015
Excellent benefits.
Strong politics at every level of management; this may be the main reason that this company is going downhill in terms of qualified employees and skilled man-powers.
Lots of employees are unqualified for the position they are holding. This company can be "extremely" in a better position if they recognize staffs who are really doing their job.
The company requires modifications and strict filtering system in acquiring new employees.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Strong politics at every level of management
having great opportunity working as Senior Staff in a state owned Oil Company in Qatar
Sr. Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Messaid - QatarOctober 3, 2012
- work place is fun but less chalenging
- the hardest part of the job is working during summer (in the middle east)
- learn a lot about the working culture and work behaviour of Qatari
- the most enjoyable of the job is great Salary & benefit (tax free)
Pros
free lunch, long vacation (38 weeks/year), very good salary and benefit
Cons
less entertainment, not friendly in climate during summer
PRODUCTIVE AND NICE FOR JOB
(2) Process Operator (Former Employee) –  MESAIED,QATARAugust 11, 2012
ROTNE JOB LIKE NIRMA LTD
LOT OF REFINERY PRINCIPLES
NICE AND HELPFUL
COWORKERS WERE MATURED
NOTHING
EVERY MOMENT OF JOB
Pros
free lunches
Cons
eight hours per day
Rich company provided with all recreation facilities and enjoyable work environment.
mechanical engineer (Former Employee) –  Mesaieed Gas Plant - Qatar - Arabian GulfMay 20, 2012
The day starts with review the inbox e-mail and handle each item as suitable.I proceed with the completion of the design work in hand ,i learned too much experience in my job specially from the codes and standards, the management were locals with less experience in most cases,although the colleagues of different nationalities and culture but there was full cooperation in all aspects .The hardest part of the job when starting execution of a project and mobilization . The most enjoyable part is when we receive congratulations from the management after success in execution of a project in time .
Pros
sbsidized lunch meal.
Cons
9 hours, one hour of them is for lunch .