Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
One of the World - 5 Star Airline
Admin Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Doha, DAWSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free air tickets to any desitination in the world
Cons: short breaks and on-time-performance expectations but challenging to meet deadlines.
Fun place to work with diversified culture, work ethics and top notch 5 star service.
world wide 5 star traveling experience
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Doha, DOHSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free food, free travel, 5 star hotel stays, free accommodation, free transport
Cons: islamic country, curfews, restrictions between male and female interaction, high temperatures during summer time
I lead a hectic life style, keeping up with time zones exchange rates hotel names captain names sometimes I need to call reception to find out what time of day it is what day of the week it is and what country I am in... Its a challenge that I am able to handle and a sacrifice that has to be made to be able to venture the globe like I am currently doing...

An – more... average day would start like this: we wait in the reception of our accommodation for our transportation to pic us up.... the transport lasts up to 30 mins it drops us at the Qatar head quarters where we then look for the flight details and check in at the same time with our luggage and proceed to the briefing room where we meet our colleagues for the given flight of the day, they ask us a round of safety and security questions including service sequence questions when this is done the grooming officers step into the room to check our grooming... once this is over with we board the bus that takes us to the aircraft where we board the plane and meet with the captain and the first officer..

when we all have antiquated one another we move forward to the pre assigned positions given to us in the briefing room... we then commence safety and security checks once done we pass the security checks to the purser and then we stand ready at boarding positions and wait for customers to board.

we then do a round of service sequences on ground and secure the cabin once the safety demonstration is completed. after take of we continue with the service procedure till the time of decent.

we bid farewell and leave the aircraft in the given country and check into the hotel and from there we are free to roam the city we have flight.

I would like to return to the ship because the ship felt like home to me. I do wish to leave the middle east and return to the western world. its something that I look forward to and I know I would be a perfect candidate with my previous ship experience.

I would now like to take this opportunity to ask you for an interview to share with you my experiences face to face and too meet with you :) – less
This company can be compare to a teenager
Learning and Development specialist (Former Employee), Doha, DAWAugust 27, 2014
This company is very young and behave like a teenager.
The management style is weak and use the blame culture. What is fantastic is the multicultural aspect with more than 156 nationalities !
proffessional organization
Cabin Attendant (Former Employee), qatar dohaAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free transport and accomodation
Cons: nothing as such
one of the best five star airlines to work with a nice experience of working in gulf management approachable and understanding
Airline competencies
Commercial Manager - Italy (Former Employee), Roma, LAZAugust 5, 2014
My work-based competencies that may be of interest to you include:

 Tourism and Airline Sales and Marketing activity plan
 Deep knowledge of OLTA, B2B , B2C, GDS, BSP, IATA and Tourism and Aviation Principles
 Market intelligence analysis MIDT, ESMAH – Leisure and Corporate incentive agreements
 MICE and Events start up project and implementation
 – more... Leadership, team building and career development plan (training, appraisals)
 Contact Center management and start up
 Performance Management
 Numerate and Commercially Aware
 Reviewing, Scrutinizing and Developing Operational Process Flows
 Risk Assessment – less
good experience in my career
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), Doha, DAWJuly 24, 2014
Pros: discounts in restaurants, hotels
Cons: long flights
In this company I learned a lot which I am really glad , I learned to new skills and meet new people.
However I would like to use my years experience in aviation in your company and also to get new.
Dedication, decency, discipline and commitment towards utmost customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Doha, DAWJuly 13, 2014
I have been a master airport customer service Agent for 2 years , I really love the variety in my job. every day is different and involve check-in, front of house, hosting out on the floor, working on the boarding gates and transfers desks, it is really nice to help people and we like to give the best possible customer service to create the memorable – more... experiences for passengers, definitely the experience helped in terms of patience and understanding ,and have to adapt to all sorts of different situations. it is always fast paced, so I need to be flexible and understand the importance of the actions I take and how affects on other areas. – less
Qatar Airways One World
Reservation Supervisor (Former Employee), Islamabad, PakistanJuly 6, 2014
• Assisting travel agents during the time sales staff is on sales call.
• Assisting the staff handling calls in telesales and ticketing counter.
• Applying PFC checks on the flights.
• Handling group bookings.
• Handling of complains.
• Highlighting inventory issues to management
• Time management skills.
• Decision making skills.
• Teamwork skills.
 – more... Coaching and counseling skills.
• Sales Ability.
• Strong communication skills.
• Problem analysis and problem solving.
• Adaptability and ability to work under pressure. – less
Best Airline to work for
Senior Airport Service Agent (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJune 24, 2014
I have enjoyed my career with the airline, and would love to work for them again in South Africa
Productive and enjoy from field of job
Facilities Management Technician(Electrical) (Current Employee), Doha, DAWJune 20, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short break time with other
-Joint with other nationality from work to rest time
-Be always friendly and give your best at your job
-Good management
-Friendlly and good people.
- Mixed by other job Example electro-mechanical because it is automation
-When our duty is finish.
Proactive work environment where multitasking is at best
Senior Cargo Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, and 401k plan
Cons: short staff, it failures
Multitasking is 100% required; Handling several duties at once
more than 200 emails daily plus phone calls; cold calls; resolving issues for several customers for lost cargo, tracking or rejected cargo.
Co-workers are very organized, supported, and thoughtful
Hardest part is trying to keep up with all our daily, unmanageable, duties on timely manner. – more... Trying to get more cargo to fill out Aircraft last minute when scheduled shipments do not show.
The most enjoyable part of the job is quoting to customers – less
Multicultural experience
Cabin Senior (Former Employee), DohaMay 31, 2014
Pros: free accommodation, free land line connection, good salary.
Cons: minimum job security.
Perfection is what Qatar Airways looks from its cabin crew. I have learned to work with other nationalities in harmony ans as their team leader i have learned to understand other cultures and work accordingly. The management does support cabin crew or any other employ of Qatar Airways in anyways possible,if the crew has maintained or followed company – more... standards. Job security is the only issue with Qatar Airways. As a cabin crew u enjoy many perks as u can see the world for free which is the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
great company to work with and the only reason to think changing to other company would be relocating to UAE
Airport Services Duty Officer (Current Employee), BeirutMay 27, 2014
great working enviroment , with a profesional team and teamwork spirit
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
Sales Manager (Current Employee), TEHRANMay 18, 2014
Pros: consistency in staff training
Cons: overdoing the bureaucracy
We normally start our work from 0800 AM, the first thing I do everyday is to check the revenue performance and advanced book loads.
We conduct the daily sales briefing at 0845 for 30 minutes approx.
after the sales briefing I get the required information and visit 3 accounts in order to exchange views and grab the business from other competitors.
after – more... returning to the office we normally conduct the sales summary session.
in addition the staff appraisals as well as setting station KPI and ensure meeting the same is one of my main responsibilities. – less
 Ticketing Agent (Qatar Airways – Ahmedabad)
Ticketing Agent (Qatar Airways - Ahmedabad) (Former Employee), Ahmedabad, GJMay 6, 2014
 To handle walk-in clients & holding passenger queries.
 To generate counter sale for which I have been appreciated by my superiors for generating good sales at the counters through strong convincing skills.
 Making daily uplift reports, flight load report for future 30days, local sales report etc.
 Ensuring meals & other mandatory requirements – more... & fulfilled for groups travelling on each flight on a daily basis & informing the sales team to take necessary measures to ensure smooth handling. – less
overall a challenging place to work with a lot to learn .
Sr.Ground Steward (Former Employee), Doha, DAWApril 30, 2014
Pros: have good discounts
Cons: shift timings were bit odd
ITS A CHALLENGING PLACE TO WORK WHERE YOU CAN EITHER SUCCEED OR FAIL AS ITS ONE OF A TOUGHEST AND CHALLENGING JOB SO TO BE SUCCESSFUL ONE HAS TO CONCENTRATE WELL AND THEN HE OR SHE WONT EXPERIENCE ANY TYPICAL DAY AT WORK.I LEARNED A LOT OF THINGS AT MY WORK PLACE SINCE THE ENVIRONMENT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THEN OTHER AIRPORTS.THEY PROVIDED ME WITH LOT – more... OF TRAININGS WHICH HELPED ME TO GAIN MY KNOWLEDGE AND PERFORM WELL.AS FAR AS THE MANAGEMENT GOES IT WAS A BALANCED SIDE.MY CO WORKERS WERE HELPFULL AND COOPERATIVE AS IT WAS A MIX BLEND OF DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES.THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS TO DEAL WITH SOME PASSENGERS WHO WERE NOT HANDLED PROPERLY AT THE OUTSTATION AIRPORTS AND NEEDED A IMMEDIATE SOLUTION TO THEIR PROBLEM.THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS I ENJOYED EACH AND EVERY DAY OF MY WORK AS I GET TO KNOW AND MEET DIFFERENT PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AND LEARNED A LOT OF THINGS ABOUT AVIATION SECTOR FOR WHICH I ALWAYS DREAM ABOUT.IT WAS OVERALL A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE FOR ME TO WORK WITH A FIVE STAR GROUP. – less
Fun workring environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Doha ,QatarApril 29, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no job security
It was fun at work most of the times.
I learned how deal with different nationalities.
I learned how to be patient.
There was zero job security.
Management was very bad.
No matter how hard you have worked they would never consider if you make even a small mistake.
I had a nice internship here. I got the chance to interact with different people and to know about how this company accommodate passengers.
Internship (Former Employee), Global City Taguig PhilippinesApril 16, 2014
We start our duty early in the morning and finish depending on the arrival time of the aircraft.
a place where i can get a good salary
airport representative (Current Employee), Doha, DAWApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long breaks
hi' you could say you use a list that ranks in priority of the task's to complete with a time scale added to act as motivation ,with appropriate rest periods built in to help stimulate you for other task's,should an emergency arrive. You should show that you know how to prioritize. At the start of a day -- in any industry
Challenging and fast paced multi-cultural environment
Senior Manager Group Learning & Development (Former Employee), Doha, DAWApril 11, 2014
Pros: subsidised air travel in off hours
Cons: work pressure due to the pace of change
Spending over 3 years in this fast-paced organisation with global reach is testament to my planning, technical and diplomacy skills. Managing a 100 person department responsible for the business continuity training, and all other training from simulation, regulatory and non-regulatory skills including leadership, soft skills, sales, security, driver – more... training, business skills and consulting.

The airline is a typical airline focused on fast turnaround, absolute perfection, timeliness and cost efficiency. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways currently operates a modern fleet of 58 all-Airbus aircraft to 79 destinations across Europe, Middle East, Africa, – Read more