Quinn Contracting Ltd.—Our Team Is Expanding!
People and safety. First.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading, company paid RSP contributions
- Benefits packages
- Wellness programs
- A supportive environment
- Opportunities for growth
JOB POSTING NUMBER: RMH12-017
SITE: Foothills District
POSITION TITLE: District Operations Manager
The purpose of this position is to oversee business performance in the Foothills district to meet the expectations of the client’s and Quinn. This is achieved through productive planning, execution of processes, and coaching/development of staff to ensure consistent application of corporate policies and procedures.
- Monitor contract requirements with respect to manpower scheduling, technical resource availability, third party services, tools and equipment.
- Be sure work scopes and/or change orders accurately address specific activity to meet the intent of the contract.
- Ensure correct skill balance is available.
- Monitor labour force in accordance to plan/schedule.
- Set safety standards and maintain a sustainable, injury-free workplace
- Maintain frequent contact with District General Manager, as well as other Quinn representatives as required
- Employee relations as required including disciplinary procedures, performance management, and training and coaching
- Adhere to all contractual terms and conditions
- Interact with appropriate Quinn, client and subcontractor personnel to address contract requirements
- Monitor contract requirements with respect to manpower scheduling, technical resource availability, third party services, tools and equipment
- Review and monitor reports, as well as assist with budget preparation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Management/Leadership roles in an industrial environment
- Project Estimating skills
- Post-secondary designation in a related field considered an asset
- Project Management designation considered an asset
- Trades Background considered an asset
- A good understanding of Microsoft Projects and Quality Control Systems considered an asset
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adequate typing skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Emailing ability
- Administrative experience
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling function
- Knowledge of turnaround requirements
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
CLOSING DATE: January 14, 2013
START DATE: TBD
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION WITH COMPLETED RESUME TO:
Quinn Contracting Ltd.
Box 1329, Rocky Mountain House, AB T4T 1A9
Fax: (403) 845-7067
Apply online to: quinncontracting.ca
Quinn is the plant and facilities maintenance, turnaround and capital projects contractor of choice for clients in the industrial sector looking for the most dedicated, client-orientated and safety-focused team in the industry.
Visit www.quinncontracting.ca/careers for more opportunities or call our Careers Hotline at 1.855.885.6233 for more information about our postings.
We are committed to:
Eliminating all injuries in our workplace;
Preserving a satisfying work environment where individuals are valued,...