Are you a boundless creative mind driven by standout User Experience and User Interface (UX/UI) design? Are you passionate about best-in-class brands and fuelled by big ideas?
As creators of emotional brands for over 25 years, The FaQtory (soon re-launching as Q-Power Communications) is seeking an experienced Senior UX/UI Designer to join our growing and dynamic team. We move business through emotional brands by igniting the senses and creating genuine connection between our world-class clients and their customers. Our history is rich in experience and accolades – and on the cusp of a game-changing rebrand – we’re looking for likeminded talent to continue momentum and cultivate out-of-the-box ideas.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Strategy & Business Development, and leading a team of developers, you will leverage experience and a creative mind to craft unique media solutions for our clients. We’re looking for a web designer who loves what they do and pulls out all stops to deliver the best work possible. You’ll be responsible for creative and front end development execution of your projects from start to finish, while developing your creative vision into a memorable user experience.
Unleash your talent while contributing to our internationally-recognized and growing emotional brand development team. Our clients expect the best – we expect nothing less of ourselves.
The Wish List
- Analyze concepts and mock-ups, and convert to fully functional online user experience
- Excellent knowledge of front-end technologies and approaches, including Responsive
- Design and Mobile design, and maintains familiarity with current development trends
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical approach
- Absorb complex design/development requirements, articulate as necessary, and communicate with your team in a collaborative environment
- An exceptional eye and talent for attractive user interface is essential
- Sound practice, procedure and principle knowledge of software development life cycle
- Strong UX/UI skills; you can code clean, semantic, and very accessible code that is totally cross-browser and standards compliant
- WordPress experience is an advantage; other open source CMS is an asset
What You Have
- Outstanding team interaction and ability to field creative direction
- Attention to detail, great sense of curiousity, and a discerning eye for superior creative
- Willingness to put clients best interest first, always (...we leave our egos at home.)
- Excellent HTML/XHTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3 skills
- Strong knowledge of classic ASP, PHP, jQuery and SQL and/or MySQL
- Experience with:
- Front End development using CSS, and excellent ability to write clean,
- Adobe Creative Suite Software proficiency
- Integrating front-end code with server-side technology on large-scale, dynamic
websites (optimized and responsive)
- SEO, Metrics, and Google analytics
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Creative Communications, Advertising Arts, Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years experience creating large-scale digital interfaces for consumer applications
- Experience with web and mobile applications
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of creative developers
- Trend and tech savvy, having deployed technology projects in the past
- Passion for breakthrough development/UI design is a must
- You get to lead and interact with a fun and talented team. Every day.
- International clients, international impact, international awards. You get to shine.
- Never status quo. You’re hungry for growth – so are we.
- Great benefits, competitive salary, the kitchen sink.
- We’ve been around 30 years. Who else can say that?
Sound like you? Tell us more.
Send resume, bucket list, and salary expectation to lovetowork at qpower dot ca