Pyramid Corporation

Pyramid Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and awesome place to work
APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee), CNRL Horizon, Fort MacJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Stay in camp on site, great co-workers
I have learned lots working for pyramid. it has been a great opportunity for me, very interesting place to work, different environment and many different people. Job tasks changed everyday, working alone or in a big group to get the job done. Overall great experience.
Pyramid
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 18, 2015
I didn't get to work for the company long enough to make a real option. The company was good to me well i was there. had a good shift of 7/7 and worked with great people, so no complaints.
Great Company and great camp
Electrical Forman/Lead / Sunshine Oilsands (Current Employee), Namur lakeMay 13, 2015
Company has been good and the camp we stay at is excellent. 10 min away from site. There is room for growth while working for Pyramid
Great place to learn, unfortunately the wages weren't competitive.
Electrician (Former Employee), Taber, ABApril 29, 2015
Pros: Lots of good people to work with
Cons: Had to use personal truck on occasion
Worked on big sites with lots of crews and different employees which was nice to meet new people and easy to learn. In my time with D.A I worked with a lot of EMT, basic lighting circuits, some termination of panels and a lot of long runs/pulls of wire. Did not deal with management very often, but the co workers I met turned out to be some of friends still today. For a few weeks I had a foreman who didn't like to teach or help you when you asked questions which made it very hard to learn. The most enjoyable part of my time with D.A would be being at work everyday with a good group of guys you could trust. I really enjoyed working at pyramid it was a good job with great wages and benefits, unfortunately the oil prices have put them in a situation where they have had to make a few cut backs.
Just a number.
Electrician (Former Employee), NiskuMarch 4, 2015
Pros: it's work.
Cons: no leadership and trust quality.
Employees are just a number. Management and HR are not to be trusted. You get a "watch your back" feeling. Dont exert too much energy, it won't get noticed.
Excellent Company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 23, 2015
Very competitive salary, great work environment. Started out as an assistant ware house shipper/receiver, moved my way up to Warehouse manager within 1.5 years. Lots of room for growth with this company.
industrial construction
electrician (Former Employee), Dease Lake, BCJuly 28, 2014
electrical industrial construction was very great to construct a copper / gold mine in dease lake BC.
CAMP JOB, MISERABLE MANAGEMENT
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 26, 2014
WORKED HARD, RECIEVED NO CREDIT, GOOD MONEY, TERRIBLE WORKING CONDITIONS VERY MUDDY
Productive and Unified workplace
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), Fort McKay, ABJanuary 26, 2014
Management is amazing and the entire crew looks out for each other in the field. We all work together well, and are able to efficiently and safely meet and beat deadlines.
Foremen are great
Electrician Qa Qc department (Current Employee), Nisku AlbertaJanuary 21, 2014
Wages and work were fair and the working environment was great.
Great if you need a job!
4TH PERIOD APPRENTICE INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), EdmontonNovember 21, 2013
Pyramid Lacks proper leadership. and have plenty of hard had fillers..
productive and learned alot
Quality Control Admin (Contract) (Current Employee), Nisku, abNovember 8, 2013
Pros: got more experience
Cons: not a perm job
worked long hours and loved it and learned alot in my time there.
Friendly workplace, great learning experience
Electrician (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 10, 2013
Pros: food and living arrangements paid for
A typical day at work would start with a safety meeting followed by morning stretches. Great co-workers (which makes the day go by smoothly).
Generally a good place to work and grow your career
Construction Electrician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 12, 2013
Generally a good place to work, Supervisors could use some training on how to manage a team. Would recommend this company as an employer.
Always have work
Lead Hand / Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Wabasca, ABJuly 6, 2013
Pros: always have work
Cons: other companies have better salary and managment
Always have work, decent wages. Learn lots but a lot of responsibility is given to apprentices.
has good people to work with but no room for advancement in the HR dept
HR Recruiter/Coordinator (Current Employee), Nisku, ABJune 15, 2013
my days are busy. learned alot about recruiting trades, union enviroment,
my co workers are wonderful to work with.
excellent relationship with Nexen
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Long LakeApril 4, 2013
Started our day with our tool box talk, our supervisor always seemed to have a new joke to tell us everyday.After our tool box meeting we would all do our morning stretches,then we were given our job for the day.Because we wrote our own permits the previous day we would go to the permit office and pick up our signed permits then go to our area to begin work.Throughout the normal course of our day if one of us needed help we would all help that person to complete that task.
I enjoyed working on new construction with pyramid and great co-workers
apprentice electrician (Former Employee), Elk Point, Kirby LakeFebruary 5, 2013
Always got to start new task and i think i gained a lot of experience in areas that i never had a chance to before. Hardest part of my job was deciding to move on for a better opportunity. The most enjoyably part of my time with pyramid was getting a chance to learn new things from my foreman/journey person.
positive place to work
Foreman Electrical Department (Current Employee), Estevan, SKJanuary 17, 2013
Pyramid is a great place to work. They have good pay and benefits package.
Welding department management, (top management, all the way down to foremen) need supervisor training.
welder (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: great wages, good equipment, some decent co-workers.
Cons: lots of time grinding/redoing welds. clicky workplace. most of the work is done on your knees.
Very poor management and foremen in the welding/fabrication shop. Clicky workplace. Blindside dismissal. No second chance, no ability to defend yourself, your gone that is it, that is all!!!! Management takes the word of the foreman, doesn't bother to ask worker or co-workers for any details. NO job security. Always looking for welders....Doesn't make sense when the wage is so good.
Hardest part of the job was the incredible amount of time spent on redoing work. Most of the welders are apprentices, including foreman. Lots of working on your knees.