Pyramid Corporation Employee Reviews

Job where I was home every night.
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Bonneyville, Alberta24 November 2016
Enjoyed the aspect of being home every night.
I just didn't like the area I was in and found that I didn't really fit in to the culture there.
I was an apprentice at the time and don't believe I really undrstood the "lay of the land" at the time.
Overall
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 November 2016
Great crews all around. Working with the men and women of Pyramid made a very positive impact in my life. Fair wages, working conditions were on par, holidays were never a question
Pros
paid hotels
Cons
no travel on some projects
Standard construction company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 November 2016
Decent enough company. Great guys I worked with. Various sites across Alberta. Main office is in Nisku Alberta. My review is completed I have nothing else to say.
really great atmosphere
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB2 November 2016
The crew were a good group relaxed had no problem helping a non-trades person out.The Forman really good personaly and at work....would work with that company again.
Pros
Was happy there
Cons
couldnt go to the next job
Good employment
Apprentice Instrumentation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Everywhere8 October 2016
Great company and benefits, lots of options for experience. I was able to travel throughout BC, AB and SK for work. New trucks and big jobs to work on not moving around too much with work.
Pros
RRSPS and pension, good benefits
Cons
No work in Fort St. John
depends on crew and camp
Journeyman at the Jackfish and Sunshine sites (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB8 September 2016
only worked out of town. The camp was great, we had solo exec rooms, there was a games room, theater, and a huge kitchen. The crew quickly bonded and were good people to be around
Pros
great crew, great camp
Cons
on site management was terrible
Great Company to Work For
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 August 2016
I've had the opportunity to work with many different people in many different roles. I've learned alot over the years and have nothing but respect for the company. Pyramid has been great since day one. I couldn't ask for a better company to work for and grow with.
Extreme favouritism from supervisor...
General foreman (Former Employee) –  Wabasca, AB28 July 2016
Field supervisor ruined not only my experience but everyone that rolled through the area. Out in over 16 years with the company in many areas and they were all fantastic learning experiences. 5 of which were spent in wabasca. Made great friends and soaked up wonderful experiences. However the last few years were spoiled by having awful field management. The direct supervisor looked out for only him, charged hours for days he wasn't there and rubbed it in everyone's face. Purchased new homes, luxury cars, world travel and worked out deals to go under full contract. All while raking the amazing group of field techs through the coals. It was sad to see such an amazing place to work, deteriorate to nothing while under his watch. I would never recommend anyone work in the wabasca area. ( unless management has changed ) To make matters worse, the client field foreman puts blinders on and spoon feeds the corruption. Such a shame to see a great area with knowledgeable, dependable and motivated techs getting abused the way they are. One by one they have been leaving... And good riddance.
Pros
Operations and coworkers are amazing.
Cons
Field supervisor destroys all sense of morale and self worth
Good place to work.
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB5 May 2016
Good place to work until the job was done. You were on your own for finding another place to go to, even within Pyramid. Fair enough wages.
It was fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB7 April 2016
The job was fun . I worked out side alot in the rain and snow .I used my hands alot for the job.I learned alot on the job the people where good to work will.
Good People
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB24 March 2016
Management kept myself busy as a apprentice, lots of hours to work during week, weekends off. it was a nice balance at the time.
Challenging positions with great people
Instrument / Commissioning Lead (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 February 2016
Pyramid has been a good employer for me over the past 10 years. They have always maintained an open-door policy with me to explore other specialized work knowing that I will be back stronger some day, which is more value to the company.
They have always paid for accommodations and travel when required to mobilize myself, and others as well when necessary.
They have great training, safety policies and other benefits. 7877
very good
Instrument Technician (Red Seal) (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB16 January 2016
have gained a vast amount of experience with this company so far. I have been able to gain much better troubleshooting skills, and have been able to understand process control at various sites much further than with other companies.
Pros
troubleshooting
Awesome Workplace
1st Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB14 December 2015
I really enjoyed working at Pyramid Corp. The overall atmosphere and attitude of my fellow employees was an A+. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather but it was bearable
Great Company
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 November 2015
Great company, always there for the workers.
Great out of town work
Well Managed
Great team
The pay is great, everything is covered, benefits are great.
Productive & fun work enviornment
Project Administrator/Document Control (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 November 2015
The management was very supportive I learned a lot from my co workers and also the management staff. It was challenging and fulfilling.
Pros
Snacks
Busy company with many projects year round
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Suncor Firebag5 November 2015
Great people. Defined job scopes. Excellent safety culture. Many projects year round, so you can typically be quite busy. Competitive wages.
Pros
Knowledgeable personnel
Cons
Hard to retain core personnel
Pyramid Corporation
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th year Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2015
Working for pyramid is generally good the crews are like little families and make the work area a pleasure to work in. lots of variety experience from new construction to maintenance to temporary power.
electrical job
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 October 2015
camp work, you learn lots of the people around you but the company treats every employer like a number and they have little idea who you are.
Good company to work for.
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 October 2015
Supervisors and foremen are great to work with and communicate well with workers. Willing to allow you to switch positions and roles if inclined. Benefits are great . Overall I would recommend working for this company.