Pyramid Corporation Employee Reviews

very good
Instrument Technician (Red Seal) (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJanuary 16, 2016
have gained a vast amount of experience with this company so far. I have been able to gain much better troubleshooting skills, and have been able to understand process control at various sites much further than with other companies.
Pros
troubleshooting
Awesome Workplace
1st Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABDecember 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Pyramid Corp. The overall atmosphere and attitude of my fellow employees was an A+. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather but it was bearable
Great Company
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 18, 2015
Great company, always there for the workers.
Great out of town work
Well Managed
Great team
The pay is great, everything is covered, benefits are great.
Productive & fun work enviornment
Project Administrator/Document Control (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 16, 2015
The management was very supportive I learned a lot from my co workers and also the management staff. It was challenging and fulfilling.
Pros
Snacks
Busy company with many projects year round
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Suncor FirebagNovember 5, 2015
Great people. Defined job scopes. Excellent safety culture. Many projects year round, so you can typically be quite busy. Competitive wages.
Pros
Knowledgeable personnel
Cons
Hard to retain core personnel
Pyramid Corporation
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th year Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 1, 2015
Working for pyramid is generally good the crews are like little families and make the work area a pleasure to work in. lots of variety experience from new construction to maintenance to temporary power.
electrical job
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABOctober 26, 2015
camp work, you learn lots of the people around you but the company treats every employer like a number and they have little idea who you are.
Good company to work for.
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABOctober 7, 2015
Supervisors and foremen are great to work with and communicate well with workers. Willing to allow you to switch positions and roles if inclined. Benefits are great . Overall I would recommend working for this company.
Alright
APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Red Earth, SKAugust 24, 2015
Decent place to work at, payed quite well as a 1st year working out of town. Only thing was I found their safety program and coordinators to be a joke.
Productive and awesome place to work
APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  CNRL Horizon, Fort MacJuly 13, 2015
I have learned lots working for pyramid. it has been a great opportunity for me, very interesting place to work, different environment and many different people. Job tasks changed everyday, working alone or in a big group to get the job done. Overall great experience.
Pros
Stay in camp on site, great co-workers
Pyramid
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 18, 2015
I didn't get to work for the company long enough to make a real option. The company was good to me well i was there. had a good shift of 7/7 and worked with great people, so no complaints.
Great Company and great camp
Electrical Forman/Lead / Sunshine Oilsands (Current Employee) –  Namur lakeMay 13, 2015
Company has been good and the camp we stay at is excellent. 10 min away from site. There is room for growth while working for Pyramid
Great place to learn, unfortunately the wages weren't competitive.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABApril 29, 2015
Worked on big sites with lots of crews and different employees which was nice to meet new people and easy to learn. In my time with D.A I worked with a lot of EMT, basic lighting circuits, some termination of panels and a lot of long runs/pulls of wire. Did not deal with management very often, but the co workers I met turned out to be some of friends still today. For a few weeks I had a foreman who didn't like to teach or help you when you asked questions which made it very hard to learn. The most enjoyable part of my time with D.A would be being at work everyday with a good group of guys you could trust. I really enjoyed working at pyramid it was a good job with great wages and benefits, unfortunately the oil prices have put them in a situation where they have had to make a few cut backs.
Pros
Lots of good people to work with
Cons
Had to use personal truck on occasion
Just a number.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  NiskuMarch 4, 2015
Employees are just a number. Management and HR are not to be trusted. You get a "watch your back" feeling. Dont exert too much energy, it won't get noticed.
Pros
it's work.
Cons
no leadership and trust quality.
Excellent Company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 23, 2015
Very competitive salary, great work environment. Started out as an assistant ware house shipper/receiver, moved my way up to Warehouse manager within 1.5 years. Lots of room for growth with this company.
industrial construction
electrician (Former Employee) –  Dease Lake, BCJuly 28, 2014
electrical industrial construction was very great to construct a copper / gold mine in dease lake BC.
CAMP JOB, MISERABLE MANAGEMENT
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 26, 2014
WORKED HARD, RECIEVED NO CREDIT, GOOD MONEY, TERRIBLE WORKING CONDITIONS VERY MUDDY
Productive and Unified workplace
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Fort McKay, ABJanuary 26, 2014
Management is amazing and the entire crew looks out for each other in the field. We all work together well, and are able to efficiently and safely meet and beat deadlines.
Foremen are great
Electrician Qa Qc department (Current Employee) –  Nisku AlbertaJanuary 21, 2014
Wages and work were fair and the working environment was great.
Great if you need a job!
4TH PERIOD APPRENTICE INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  EdmontonNovember 21, 2013
Pyramid Lacks proper leadership. and have plenty of hard had fillers..