Pyramid Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 March 2017
Productive work enviroment.
All issues settled discreetly and fairly
Jobs well managed and enjoyable.
Competitve wages and compensation packages.
Accommodating to employees needs.
Pros
Wages, benefits, work atmosphere
Cons
Lack of work
very stable and well positioned company in the industrial construction industry
purchasing agent (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB,26 February 2017
Over the sixteen years I was employed at Pyramid Corporation, the normal responsibilities were well balanced to the abilities and strengths of their employees.
Execellent!
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 January 2017
Loved working for pyramid, unfortunately the job was completed and there was nothing left so i got laid off. But everyone i worked with was great, management was good. the job was very safety heavy.
Pros
Heavy on safety
Camp work, good enviroment
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 January 2017
Take a bus to site, unwind until 7:00 am. Start work day with safety procedures and stretches. Two 30 minute breaks, bus back to camp at 5:30 pm. Weekly safety meetings. Two Weeks in, one week out.
Pros
Strong safety culture
Productive work place.
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB18 January 2017
Pyramid has many opportunities to learn and grow as an individual in a broad area of the work field. I have grown into someone who is capable and willing to strive to be a great employee.
Very good company to work for.
general foreman (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 January 2017
Worked at various project for PTW. Most of the time with very good management, focused on safety. PTW has excellent safety award program and proffessional staff.
Good job to be on
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 January 2017
This was a good job to be on, except that we flew up on the day of the fire so it was a little bit of organized chaos. Learned alot & got to work with some amazing people.
Great work & Home life conditions
Team Leader/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 January 2017
Pyramid was great to work for in regards to fantastic management, great co-workers & a lot of ongoing projects available throughout the province of Alberta. The shifts offered were beneficial for travelers & family life.
It's a job.
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 January 2017
A place for those to acquire a variety of skills depending on location and contract availability within oil sands, commercial and Industrial type settings. Thus boosting ones skill bank and providing them a skill set to move on to something more permanent or to ones liking. typical contract industrial work.
Pros
Basically a place to learn and feel things out for the future
Cons
lack of older senior skilled tradesmen, makes learning difficult
Separated work environments
Human Resource Administrator - Intern (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 December 2016
Every sector is in a different part of the building and not much communication was between work areas. HR was split up in different building cause lack of communication between fields. Besides that the work environment was great and my co-workers in recruitment were excellent with helping me and learning along the way as I was still a student in the Human Resource Management program. It was a great learning experience in the recruitment section.
Job where I was home every night.
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Bonneyville, Alberta24 November 2016
Enjoyed the aspect of being home every night.
I just didn't like the area I was in and found that I didn't really fit in to the culture there.
I was an apprentice at the time and don't believe I really undrstood the "lay of the land" at the time.
Overall
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 November 2016
Great crews all around. Working with the men and women of Pyramid made a very positive impact in my life. Fair wages, working conditions were on par, holidays were never a question
Pros
paid hotels
Cons
no travel on some projects
Standard construction company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 November 2016
Decent enough company. Great guys I worked with. Various sites across Alberta. Main office is in Nisku Alberta. My review is completed I have nothing else to say.
really great atmosphere
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB2 November 2016
The crew were a good group relaxed had no problem helping a non-trades person out.The Forman really good personaly and at work....would work with that company again.
Pros
Was happy there
Cons
couldnt go to the next job
Good employment
Apprentice Instrumentation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Everywhere8 October 2016
Great company and benefits, lots of options for experience. I was able to travel throughout BC, AB and SK for work. New trucks and big jobs to work on not moving around too much with work.
Pros
RRSPS and pension, good benefits
Cons
No work in Fort St. John
depends on crew and camp
Journeyman at the Jackfish and Sunshine sites (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB8 September 2016
only worked out of town. The camp was great, we had solo exec rooms, there was a games room, theater, and a huge kitchen. The crew quickly bonded and were good people to be around
Pros
great crew, great camp
Cons
on site management was terrible
Great Company to Work For
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 August 2016
I've had the opportunity to work with many different people in many different roles. I've learned alot over the years and have nothing but respect for the company. Pyramid has been great since day one. I couldn't ask for a better company to work for and grow with.
Extreme favouritism from supervisor...
General foreman (Former Employee) –  Wabasca, AB28 July 2016
Field supervisor ruined not only my experience but everyone that rolled through the area. Out in over 16 years with the company in many areas and they were all fantastic learning experiences. 5 of which were spent in wabasca. Made great friends and soaked up wonderful experiences. However the last few years were spoiled by having awful field management. The direct supervisor looked out for only him, charged hours for days he wasn't there and rubbed it in everyone's face. Purchased new homes, luxury cars, world travel and worked out deals to go under full contract. All while raking the amazing group of field techs through the coals. It was sad to see such an amazing place to work, deteriorate to nothing while under his watch. I would never recommend anyone work in the wabasca area. ( unless management has changed ) To make matters worse, the client field foreman puts blinders on and spoon feeds the corruption. Such a shame to see a great area with knowledgeable, dependable and motivated techs getting abused the way they are. One by one they have been leaving... And good riddance.
Pros
Operations and coworkers are amazing.
Cons
Field supervisor destroys all sense of morale and self worth
Good place to work.
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB5 May 2016
Good place to work until the job was done. You were on your own for finding another place to go to, even within Pyramid. Fair enough wages.
It was fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB7 April 2016
The job was fun . I worked out side alot in the rain and snow .I used my hands alot for the job.I learned alot on the job the people where good to work will.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pyramid Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.