Pyramid Corporation Employee Reviews

Busy work enviroment, but long hours
1st - 3rd Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB21 June 2017
Driving long hours to job sites without much concern for the employees family life. Good people to work with, but not a good place to expand skills for apprentices.
Good people to work with in a safe environment
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB15 June 2017
I was with Pyramid Corporation for roughly 5 years. I completed my electrical apprenticeship with them and they were always willing to hire me back after my school was completed. The benefits were excellent and the people that I worked with were always helpful. I learned a lot through this company. Usually the toughest part of the job was trying to grasp the new material. For the most part, the management seemed to be in good order and was easy to deal with. My favourite part of working with Pyramid was the good workplace atmosphere.
Pros
Good benefits and job security
Cons
working outside in the poor weather
Poor Senior Management
Electrical / Instrumentation Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 June 2017
The Health and Safety Director is an Alcoholic who has no respect for a work life balance or women. He has poor education and zero person skills. The company as a whole do not appreciate intelligent people and would prefer followers as to leaders.
Pros
goodpay
Cons
poor leadership
Great place to learn Industrial Electrical
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 May 2017
Must be willing to Relocate. High Competitive wages. Good management. Usually camp work, local workers prefferd. Good health and benefits plans. Local Clac Union.
terrible
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK29 May 2017
The job I was on was terrible. The guys running the job walked around as if the were the end all be all. The negativity was the worst I have ever seen and no body wanted to there. guys always sleeping on the job and the foreman and supervisors didn't know how to teach the workers they only told you to figure it out
Long term employee loyalty
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 May 2017
Has been a good company, and has done their best to keep me employed even if it's the smallest job to keep me in the fold.
Provided lots of experience, opportunities and benifits.
Pros
Large company jobs
Cons
Large company politics
Pyramid
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  alberta7 May 2017
Fantastic place to work I loved every moment of it and
would recommend this to everyone and every thing,

I do not like the fact that I have to review all previous employers
Keldon Electric is a great place to get an apprenticeship!
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC1 May 2017
I started my Electrical Apprenticeship with Keldon Electric and over the next four years learned from many knowledgeable Journeyman! Keldon does large and small jobs and has a Kelowna branch
Good Company
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  British Columbia21 April 2017
Good compensation, career development, management was well experienced. Highly recommend working for this organization, would work for them again in the future.
Productive and fun place to work
APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 March 2017
Productive work enviroment.
All issues settled discreetly and fairly
Jobs well managed and enjoyable.
Competitve wages and compensation packages.
Accommodating to employees needs.
Pros
Wages, benefits, work atmosphere
Cons
Lack of work
very stable and well positioned company in the industrial construction industry
purchasing agent (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB,26 February 2017
Over the sixteen years I was employed at Pyramid Corporation, the normal responsibilities were well balanced to the abilities and strengths of their employees.
Execellent!
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 January 2017
Loved working for pyramid, unfortunately the job was completed and there was nothing left so i got laid off. But everyone i worked with was great, management was good. the job was very safety heavy.
Pros
Heavy on safety
Camp work, good enviroment
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 January 2017
Take a bus to site, unwind until 7:00 am. Start work day with safety procedures and stretches. Two 30 minute breaks, bus back to camp at 5:30 pm. Weekly safety meetings. Two Weeks in, one week out.
Pros
Strong safety culture
Productive work place.
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB18 January 2017
Pyramid has many opportunities to learn and grow as an individual in a broad area of the work field. I have grown into someone who is capable and willing to strive to be a great employee.
Very good company to work for.
general foreman (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 January 2017
Worked at various project for PTW. Most of the time with very good management, focused on safety. PTW has excellent safety award program and proffessional staff.
Good job to be on
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 January 2017
This was a good job to be on, except that we flew up on the day of the fire so it was a little bit of organized chaos. Learned alot & got to work with some amazing people.
Great work & Home life conditions
Team Leader/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 January 2017
Pyramid was great to work for in regards to fantastic management, great co-workers & a lot of ongoing projects available throughout the province of Alberta. The shifts offered were beneficial for travelers & family life.
It's a job.
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 January 2017
A place for those to acquire a variety of skills depending on location and contract availability within oil sands, commercial and Industrial type settings. Thus boosting ones skill bank and providing them a skill set to move on to something more permanent or to ones liking. typical contract industrial work.
Pros
Basically a place to learn and feel things out for the future
Cons
lack of older senior skilled tradesmen, makes learning difficult
Separated work environments
Human Resource Administrator - Intern (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 December 2016
Every sector is in a different part of the building and not much communication was between work areas. HR was split up in different building cause lack of communication between fields. Besides that the work environment was great and my co-workers in recruitment were excellent with helping me and learning along the way as I was still a student in the Human Resource Management program. It was a great learning experience in the recruitment section.
Job where I was home every night.
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Bonneyville, Alberta24 November 2016
Enjoyed the aspect of being home every night.
I just didn't like the area I was in and found that I didn't really fit in to the culture there.
I was an apprentice at the time and don't believe I really undrstood the "lay of the land" at the time.