Pyramid Corporation Employee Reviews

Good employment
Apprentice Instrumentation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Everywhere8 October 2016
Great company and benefits, lots of options for experience. I was able to travel throughout BC, AB and SK for work. New trucks and big jobs to work on not moving around too much with work.
Pros
RRSPS and pension, good benefits
Cons
No work in Fort St. John
Challenging positions with great people
Instrument / Commissioning Lead (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 February 2016
Pyramid has been a good employer for me over the past 10 years. They have always maintained an open-door policy with me to explore other specialized work knowing that I will be back stronger some day, which is more value to the company.
They have always paid for accommodations and travel when required to mobilize myself, and others as well when necessary.
They have great training, safety policies and other benefits. 7877
Extreme favouritism from supervisor...
General foreman (Former Employee) –  Wabasca, AB28 July 2016
Field supervisor ruined not only my experience but everyone that rolled through the area. Out in over 16 years with the company in many areas and they were all fantastic learning experiences. 5 of which were spent in wabasca. Made great friends and soaked up wonderful experiences. However the last few years were spoiled by having awful field management. The direct supervisor looked out for only him, charged hours for days he wasn't there and rubbed it in everyone's face. Purchased new homes, luxury cars, world travel and worked out deals to go under full contract. All while raking the amazing group of field techs through the coals. It was sad to see such an amazing place to work, deteriorate to nothing while under his watch. I would never recommend anyone work in the wabasca area. ( unless management has changed ) To make matters worse, the client field foreman puts blinders on and spoon feeds the corruption. Such a shame to see a great area with knowledgeable, dependable and motivated techs getting abused the way they are. One by one they have been leaving... And good riddance.
Pros
Operations and coworkers are amazing.
Cons
Field supervisor destroys all sense of morale and self worth
Job where I was home every night.
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Bonneyville, Alberta24 November 2016
Enjoyed the aspect of being home every night.
I just didn't like the area I was in and found that I didn't really fit in to the culture there.
I was an apprentice at the time and don't believe I really undrstood the "lay of the land" at the time.
depends on crew and camp
Journeyman at the Jackfish and Sunshine sites (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB8 September 2016
only worked out of town. The camp was great, we had solo exec rooms, there was a games room, theater, and a huge kitchen. The crew quickly bonded and were good people to be around
Pros
great crew, great camp
Cons
on site management was terrible
Great Company
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 November 2015
Great company, always there for the workers.
Great out of town work
Well Managed
Great team
The pay is great, everything is covered, benefits are great.
Cons
Great place to learn, unfortunately the wages weren't competitive.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB29 April 2015
Worked on big sites with lots of crews and different employees which was nice to meet new people and easy to learn. In my time with D.A I worked with a lot of EMT, basic lighting circuits, some termination of panels and a lot of long runs/pulls of wire. Did not deal with management very often, but the co workers I met turned out to be some of friends still today. For a few weeks I had a foreman who didn't like to teach or help you when you asked questions which made it very hard to learn. The most enjoyable part of my time with D.A would be being at work everyday with a good group of guys you could trust. I really enjoyed working at pyramid it was a good job with great wages and benefits, unfortunately the oil prices have put them in a situation where they have had to make a few cut backs.
Pros
Lots of good people to work with
Cons
Had to use personal truck on occasion
really great atmosphere
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB2 November 2016
The crew were a good group relaxed had no problem helping a non-trades person out.The Forman really good personaly and at work....would work with that company again.
Pros
Was happy there
Cons
couldnt go to the next job
Great Company to Work For
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 August 2016
I've had the opportunity to work with many different people in many different roles. I've learned alot over the years and have nothing but respect for the company. Pyramid has been great since day one. I couldn't ask for a better company to work for and grow with.
Standard construction company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 November 2016
Decent enough company. Great guys I worked with. Various sites across Alberta. Main office is in Nisku Alberta. My review is completed I have nothing else to say.
Good company to work for.
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 October 2015
Supervisors and foremen are great to work with and communicate well with workers. Willing to allow you to switch positions and roles if inclined. Benefits are great . Overall I would recommend working for this company.
Good place to work.
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB5 May 2016
Good place to work until the job was done. You were on your own for finding another place to go to, even within Pyramid. Fair enough wages.
Good People
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB24 March 2016
Management kept myself busy as a apprentice, lots of hours to work during week, weekends off. it was a nice balance at the time.
Excellent Company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 January 2015
Very competitive salary, great work environment. Started out as an assistant ware house shipper/receiver, moved my way up to Warehouse manager within 1.5 years. Lots of room for growth with this company.
It was fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB7 April 2016
The job was fun . I worked out side alot in the rain and snow .I used my hands alot for the job.I learned alot on the job the people where good to work will.
very good
Instrument Technician (Red Seal) (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB16 January 2016
have gained a vast amount of experience with this company so far. I have been able to gain much better troubleshooting skills, and have been able to understand process control at various sites much further than with other companies.
Pros
troubleshooting
Always have work
Lead Hand / Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Wabasca, AB6 July 2013
Always have work, decent wages. Learn lots but a lot of responsibility is given to apprentices.
Pros
Always have work
Cons
Other companies have better salary and managment
Welding department management, (top management, all the way down to foremen) need supervisor training.
welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta11 January 2013
Very poor management and foremen in the welding/fabrication shop. Clicky workplace. Blindside dismissal. No second chance, no ability to defend yourself, your gone that is it, that is all!!!! Management takes the word of the foreman, doesn't bother to ask worker or co-workers for any details. NO job security. Always looking for welders....Doesn't make sense when the wage is so good.
Hardest part of the job was the incredible amount of time spent on redoing work. Most of the welders are apprentices, including foreman. Lots of working on your knees.
Pros
great wages, good equipment, some decent co-workers.
Cons
lots of time grinding/redoing welds. clicky workplace. most of the work is done on your knees.
positive place to work
Foreman Electrical Department (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SK17 January 2013
Pyramid is a great place to work. They have good pay and benefits package.
Productive & fun work enviornment
Project Administrator/Document Control (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 November 2015
The management was very supportive I learned a lot from my co workers and also the management staff. It was challenging and fulfilling.
Pros
Snacks