Tax, Associate (Current Employee) – Oakville, ON – 20 April 2017
Overall people are nice and managers do teach you, nevertheless there are still some top management that like to overwork you with their micro managing. People are overall nice but the most you can last in this job is about 2 years after that the workload just gets to you.
Senior Editor/Motion Designer (Former Employee) – Toronto, ON – 7 February 2014
Never met so many a-holes in my life, especial anyone Manager level or above. Horrible place who reward hard work with contempt and disloyalty. Funny since I left a year and a half ago, there is almost no one left from my group. Even people who for some reason they treated slightly better than most. So typical day was very over loaded I learned nothing, in fact people learned from me, and there was never an enjoyable minute there.
Downtown, until they moved into the awful new building south of the Gardner.
• Responsible for a team of professionals to deliver quality service to top tier clients in the Assurance practice. • Develop a flexible annual audit plan for my portfolio using an appropriate risk-based methodology’ and submit that plan to the Assurance Leader for review and approval as well as periodic updates • Provided conveying solutions to the client's complex business problems through the use of written reports and presentations. • Advised clients on accounting implications of corporate finance transactions including goodwill minimization strategies and restructuring • Performed due diligence for several clients prior to acquisition of public entities. • Audit staff management, motivation, training, recruitment and selection. • Contributing to strategic planning and development as a member of management team. • Other areas of responsibility: Resource management, Counselling, Client satisfaction Survey analysis, and training need analysis for practice staff.
Multi National corporation with very high expectations to deliver exceptional quality work, great place to learn and build relationships
Experienced Associate (Jr. Accountant) (Current Employee) – Toronto, ON – 12 January 2014
- Travelling to client site, have meetings with client and team members. Obtain assurance over client business processes by conducting tests over high risk areas to satisfy investors and lenders. Coach and lead team members in their areas of work assigned.
- Each day there is something new to be learned or improve. Ex. Develop ways to enhance our testing methodology conducted in prior years by critically thinking of new ways to make work more efficient at the same time improving the quality of work delivered.
- Any improved methodologies or risk identified must be communicated to client and upper level management with my organization. This can be challenging as I will have to provide constructive arguments to prove new approach or risk identified is in fact appropriate.
- It is very challenging to be able to multitask and think critically when you have to meet the tight dead lines with set number of staff assigned to the client project and at the same time working on a separate project in another industry with different team members. This requires patience, strong multi-tasking capabilities, ability to handle stress, and excellent organizational skills.
- I enjoy the feeling of completing projects within the assigned time metric and celebrating with team members on our successful completion. It is also rewarding to hear positive feedback from clients on how they appreciated my work and ethics during the engagement of the project and looking forward to working with me again.
Job security, future advancement, exposure to multiple industries and organizations, close contact with top level management of million dollar corporations.
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) – Toronto, ON – 25 June 2013
• Managed several client accounts and maintained relationships with senior company directors • Industries include: Automotive, Manufacturing, Distribution, Consumer Goods, Utility Joint Ventures, and Construction Companies • Heavily involved in new business developments (audit and non-audit), and brought a number of business opportunities such as audit and tax engagements, and acquisition deals