PwC Employee Reviews

Great trainning
Senior Manager Payroll and Accounting Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, on14 February 2014
PWC provide a great trainning as a professional but not necessarily good from salary stand point. Long hours and low salary.
Pwc is a dreadful place to work.
Senior Editor/Motion Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2014
Never met so many a-holes in my life, especial anyone Manager level or above. Horrible place who reward hard work with contempt and disloyalty. Funny since I left a year and a half ago, there is almost no one left from my group. Even people who for some reason they treated slightly better than most. So typical day was very over loaded I learned nothing, in fact people learned from me, and there was never an enjoyable minute there.
Pros
Downtown, until they moved into the awful new building south of the Gardner.
Cons
Working out side your home territory make you feel how powerful is the global networking
Assurance Manager - CIPS (Former Employee) –  London,14 January 2014
• Responsible for a team of professionals to deliver quality service to top tier clients in the Assurance practice.
• Develop a flexible annual audit plan for my portfolio using an appropriate risk-based methodology’ and submit that plan to the Assurance Leader for review and approval as well as periodic updates
• Provided conveying solutions to the client's complex business problems through the use of written reports and presentations.
• Advised clients on accounting implications of corporate finance transactions including goodwill minimization strategies and restructuring
• Performed due diligence for several clients prior to acquisition of public entities.
• Audit staff management, motivation, training, recruitment and selection.
• Contributing to strategic planning and development as a member of management team.
• Other areas of responsibility: Resource management, Counselling, Client satisfaction Survey analysis, and training need analysis for practice staff.
Multi National corporation with very high expectations to deliver exceptional quality work, great place to learn and build relationships
Experienced Associate (Jr. Accountant) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2014
- Travelling to client site, have meetings with client and team members. Obtain assurance over client business processes by conducting tests over high risk areas to satisfy investors and lenders. Coach and lead team members in their areas of work assigned.

- Each day there is something new to be learned or improve. Ex. Develop ways to enhance our testing methodology conducted in prior years by critically thinking of new ways to make work more efficient at the same time improving the quality of work delivered.

- Any improved methodologies or risk identified must be communicated to client and upper level management with my organization. This can be challenging as I will have to provide constructive arguments to prove new approach or risk identified is in fact appropriate.

- It is very challenging to be able to multitask and think critically when you have to meet the tight dead lines with set number of staff assigned to the client project and at the same time working on a separate project in another industry with different team members. This requires patience, strong multi-tasking capabilities, ability to handle stress, and excellent organizational skills.

- I enjoy the feeling of completing projects within the assigned time metric and celebrating with team members on our successful completion. It is also rewarding to hear positive feedback from clients on how they appreciated my work and ethics during the engagement of the project and looking forward to working with me again.
Pros
Job security, future advancement, exposure to multiple industries and organizations, close contact with top level management of million dollar corporations.
Cons
work lifestyle, long hours, stressful
Great opportunity to engage in multiple types of engagements and learn the consulting industry
Manager - Consulting and Deals - IT Advisory (Former Employee) –  Calgary, A;llberta18 December 2013
I learned a great deal about the consulting side of the business and about the IP that PwC has developed over the years. Working at PwC was a great learning experience for me.
Fun Worplace
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2013
Friendly environment
Learning curve is very high
People are friendly to deal with
It is what it is.
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2013
Good exposure to clients etc, but a poor culture. I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend.
Productive Workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2013
Very Busy
Team Work
Leadership & Management
Team Players
New Accounting Technology
Pub Night
Pros
Christmas Parties
Cons
Long Hours
IT sytaff are treated like second class citizens
Manager Continual Service Improvement (Former Employee) –  Toronto24 September 2013
Very high expectations of staff. Rewards are aligned to client deliverables, which puts all not client facing staff at a disadvantage.
Equal opportunity to all
Experienced Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2013
PwC provides outstanding training and industry exposure to all.
Usual work day
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Qatar13 July 2013
PwC is great place to work for. Amazing people and very easy to go work environment. PwC is a great place for learning. Anyone can ask anything to anyone at anytime.
Takes great care of you
Intern (Current Employee) –  115 July 2013
employees are nice and make sure you have a great time there.
Pros
Free lunches, great people
Cons
Lots of overtime work
Qualified Chartered Accountant
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2013
• Managed several client accounts and maintained relationships with senior company directors
• Industries include: Automotive, Manufacturing, Distribution, Consumer Goods, Utility Joint Ventures, and Construction Companies
• Heavily involved in new business developments (audit and non-audit), and brought a number of business opportunities such as audit and tax engagements, and acquisition deals
A productive workplace, associating with new hires on board, giving the best of my knowledge and sharing my experience, to promote PwC culture & valu
Purchasing/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  18 York St, Toronto, ON12 June 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job: to be working as a team and fulfill the request of others.
Pros
Giving guidance with others who are not familiar with the company policy.
Cons
Be patience
Excellent
Tax Consultant/Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2013
Excellent company to work with great advancement opportunities.
Exciting work environment, always working on new challenges. Kept the work exciting.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2013
As a Senior Manager I was responsible for supervising multiple audit engagement teams.
Great Place to work
Manager, Advisory (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2013
If I had known how bad my other employers would be, I would have never left PwC! Professional, forward looking and full of opportunities
Good reputation externally
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario1 May 2013
Organization offers market competitive compensation and benefits plan.
Director, Technology Consulting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2013
Great people, excellent culture. Actively engaged in diversity and corporate responsibility initiatives. Good place to work.

Challenging at times due to lack of scale and maturity in certain practice areas.
Very good place to work
Senior Associate, Asset Management Specialization (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2013
Lots of learning opportunities which provides exposure to many different industries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.