PwC

PwC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to start your career
Transaction Services Associate - Valuation (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2014
Have the ability to work on many different clients across various industries. Upper management is relatively accessible and you have some ability to steer your career, but it is next to impossible to switch between the various groups at the Company. The employee rating system needs to be revisited as it is an awful system for compensating effort with – more... adequate reward – less
A place that does not enforce policies
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), JamaicaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great outings
Cons: poor personnel management function, poor appraisal system, salary increases not based on competence
A typical day at work involved completing audit schedules and in some cases preparing financial statements.

I learned how to audit various components of the financial statements, analyze financial statements and to write points for management letters.

Management staff was extremely unprofessional and entertained grudges and hear-say.

Most of my co-workers – more... were hostile. This hostility grew because I was able to do certain things like straightening my teeth and buying a house before they did. I suppose they wanted to determine my priorities. Some were hostile even because of the way I speak. Some were hostile to the extent that they indicated that my work was not good even before I started working. This was my first job so I knew it was malicious. The partners, especially my counseling partner did not investigate the matter as an auditor with investigative skills to ensure that the environment was improved.

The hardest part of the job was working in a hostile environment. In fact, most of the audits that I went on were poorly planned and the managers and seniors on the job did not appear to understand the clients business. As a result of that say it as an advantage to understand the client's business and how the audit could be improved. It was very embarrassing at times when I did not have the background information on the clients system because the planning etc. was not properly performed. In fact, some staff members were given the task so that they could have the necessary hours to obtain a bonus at the end of the year. This was my theory. It might not be the case.

The most enjoyable part of the job was my ability to understand the clients business and assist other persons on the audit team who had problems asking questions and thinking on their feet. – less
Assistant Manager- Recruitments
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Gurgaon, indiaJuly 14, 2014
• Hiring for Advisory(FAS and Consulting) and Internal Firm Services (IFS)
• PAN India SPOC for Forensic and Consulting hiring
• Provide ongoing support to all business units
• Ensure Recruitment Process is understood, agreed and followed by all BU Heads
• Streamline and fine tune Resourcing Processes
• Ensure SLAs are in place for all recruitment processes
 – more... Interviewing candidates to gauge their technical competence and interest in PwC and positioning PwC as a good career opportunity
• Collating feedback of various technical and non-technical interviews
• Analysis of hiring pattern & quality parameters like diversity, source, industry mix, cost analysis, seen to selection ratio, etc.
• Working closely with the business partner staffing in understanding the challenges and candidate fitment process
• Processing the invoices of staffing business partner with finance team
• Ensure compliance of company policies/ systems from hiring perspective
• Understand the future forecasts and accordingly setting up right expectations with business and the team
• Identifying the Designation, Role and Salary fitment with candidates during HR interviews
• Responsible for the recruitment database management
• Strategize hiring for support functions
• Manage the alternate channels of hiring like headhunting, networking sites and blogs
• Updating profiles that come from various sources into the common database
• Designed and implemented initiates like:
o Revamped the Employee Referral policy
o Created and branded the referral schemes
o Designed a framework and manage the Internal Job Posting (IJP) process
o Designed and implemented the Campus Recruitment strategy
• Assisting Employees on their recruitment related queries
• Maintain requirement tracker and publish weekly and monthly Recruitment Activity report – less
perfect working environment and diverse new skills
Audit Consultant (Former Employee), Yerevan ArmeniaJuly 11, 2014
Working in PwC was my first job experience. I really appreciate the chance to be the part of the global community of the PricewaterhouseCoopers. It was incredible experience connected with diversity in auditing of different type of companies. Working under pressure taught me a lot both in professional aspects and personal. The teamwork, the kind and – more... also highly professional working environment helped to develop as person. The skills obtained during 2 years in PwC helped me to perform as devoted, detail oriented and motivated employee in my future positions. Providing audit services in the field of production, oil and gas, Information Technologies broaden new knowlegde and diverce experience.Valuable and interesting international trainings were really enjoyable and important, as they provided new skills and intercultural experience. – less
Productive and interesting work place
Helpdesk advisor (Current Employee), LondonJuly 9, 2014
Pros: 7 hour working day. bank holidays off. great benefits package including private health care
Typical day at work

• Answering incoming telephone calls, providing courteous and helpful responses at all times

• Responding in writing or by phone to queries raised by email

• Meet team targets, deadlines and agreed service level agreements

• Dealing with escalations, assigning any call that requires expert investigation to the relevant team for – more... action, tracking / reporting progress such that a solution is presented to the customer in accordance with our SLA.

What I have learned

A good working knowledge of finacial systems such as Billing reporting accounts payable and the expenses policy. which helps me provide suppoort and guidance to the rest of the business. I have attended the excelt advance and intermideate training courses and confident in using these applications.

Hardest part of my job

Keeping on top of the teams moral to support my team leader when delaing with extremely difficult customers and the systems not always performing as they should.

Most enjoyable;

Speaking to new people everyday via phone and helping them resolve there query ecspecially when it starts as a escalation and ends with a thank you. – less
great and fun
Trainee Support Specialist (Former Employee), Johannesburg North, GPJuly 8, 2014
Pros: weekend aways and free lunches
PwC is a professional and yet fun place to work at, I have learnt how to work with a team and assist the team when needed and learned how to work and handle pressure.
There were hard days and long working hours and assisting with projects yet fun to assist.
Very professional
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Very professional firm with high expectations of service delivery speed and quality of 100% accuracy every time expected.
Good place with good people
Anonymous (Former Employee), San Jose, caJuly 7, 2014
Pros: smart leadership at the top, brand recognition, profitable company
Cons: compensation could be higher, need greater promotion opportunity, leadership in administrative area very weak
Edward Jones has a great culture. Job security can almost be guaranteed. They haven't done a layoff since 70's and back then they were tiny. This is a huge company that has great 401(K) vendors, they have a nice cafeteria in each location and they truly care about their people.
Great learning environment
Intern Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 7, 2014
Researched trends in M&A activity in order to create a qualitative study and a dashboard made up of financial and operational metrics in order to better assist PE firms assess potential sources of value.
Productive and friendly workplace.
Asset Management Tax Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2014
Everyone is very friendly and helpful to give any assistance. Very positive working attitude and very hard working. Company provides adequate supplies of all kinds which makes works more efficient.
Once in a life-time opportunity to live in Bermuda
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, BermudaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great learning experience, friendly staff, once in a life-time opportunity to live in bermuda
Cons: high turn over of staff due to nature of island being temporary
A typical Big 4 accounting firm, some long hours, some fun days, but you get to live in paradise.
Great people and culture
Managing Director, - Business Continuity Practice (Current Employee), Mclean, VaJune 30, 2014
Pros: benefits and quality
Overall great firm with great people. Benefits are good. Too many controls, but needed due to independence requirements.
No Work life Balance
Senior Associate (Current Employee), philadelphiaJune 29, 2014
No Work life Balance and lot of work pressure due to less resources in each project.
Stresfull work environment and schedules
Risk Management & Controls (Former Employee), AtlantaJune 28, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: too many days on the road traveling
Not the right company for families. Long hours/days and management are not caring about their staff's career future
Reputable and Amazing Firm
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2014
PwC is a an excellent place to work. The firm offers, professional development, work life balance, and ample career and networking opportunities.
Work Life Balance
Events Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2014
A great place for work life balance and a place where you continue to learn every day.
New and challenging
Transfer Pricing Consultant (Former Employee), Mexico CityJune 25, 2014
Pros: working in the biggest firm in the world
Cons: working hours
As a member of the Taxation team in PwC Mexico City I had the chance to work with the most important Service to Client company in the World. Therefore, the challenge was from the same magnitude.

Working everyday in PwC was exciting, since the beginning of the day all my energy was focused in solving our Client's problems. Working with the client requirements – more... in conjunction with the Consultancy and Auditory team was an everyday activity; moreover, revising the information that the client and other areas of PwC gave us to complete our analysis was the complementary activity. As a member of a team I understood that each one of us was an important element, and the quality of the job has to be impeccable.

I learned how to manage my time; in fact, during my stay in PwC I was coached to prioritize the work, more importantly to solve problems; therefore, each day was a new challenge. Additionally, I learned how to become a leader when the situation became difficult, solving and taking decisions that affect directly to the client.

I understand that working in a Service to Client business is a tough activity, and even more when it comes to working hours; however, when you are enjoining what you are doing it is easier. However, I really felt satisfied with the work I did in PwC and the clients showed their appreciation for my work.

Finally, I want to mention that I was selected to give courses of the Database Software we used to obtain financial information, with this activity I developed new abilities of compromise and responsibility. – less
Conservative business like culture in Public Accounting
Auditor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2014
Pros: large well managed company with a deep infrastructure
Cons: i was bored
I would get to work at 8:00 and leave when the job was done. I spent most of my time at the clients place of business. My job was to audit the financial reporting of several companies. I would spend my day reviewing balance sheet and income statement accounts.
I learned how to audit but more importantly to work with others. I wasn't there long enough – more... to make any long lasting friends but had several while I was there. The hardest part of the job was getting through the day doing very mundane work. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding errors on clients financial statements. – less
Audit
Articled Clerk (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 21, 2014
Audit of financial services and it was good experience to work there.
Project Management
Global Diversity & Inclusion Project Officer (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work is dealing with daily global project resources queries and updating project progress and finances against the agreed budget to the Programme Leader. I have learn't and continue to learn how to manage Sponsors, Stakeholders and Global Project team resources. Everyone is different and its very important to learn how to manage stakeholders – more... from various background and culture. Dealing with various culture and attitude of people has been an exciting and enjoyable part of my job. – less

About PwC

PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and – Read more