PwC

PwC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very professional
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Very professional firm with high expectations of service delivery speed and quality of 100% accuracy every time expected.
Good place with good people
Anonymous (Former Employee), San Jose, caJuly 7, 2014
Pros: smart leadership at the top, brand recognition, profitable company
Cons: compensation could be higher, need greater promotion opportunity, leadership in administrative area very weak
Edward Jones has a great culture. Job security can almost be guaranteed. They haven't done a layoff since 70's and back then they were tiny. This is a huge company that has great 401(K) vendors, they have a nice cafeteria in each location and they truly care about their people.
Great learning environment
Intern Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 7, 2014
Researched trends in M&A activity in order to create a qualitative study and a dashboard made up of financial and operational metrics in order to better assist PE firms assess potential sources of value.
Productive and friendly workplace.
Asset Management Tax Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2014
Everyone is very friendly and helpful to give any assistance. Very positive working attitude and very hard working. Company provides adequate supplies of all kinds which makes works more efficient.
Once in a life-time opportunity to live in Bermuda
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, BermudaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great learning experience, friendly staff, once in a life-time opportunity to live in bermuda
Cons: high turn over of staff due to nature of island being temporary
A typical Big 4 accounting firm, some long hours, some fun days, but you get to live in paradise.
Great people and culture
Managing Director, - Business Continuity Practice (Current Employee), Mclean, VaJune 30, 2014
Pros: benefits and quality
Overall great firm with great people. Benefits are good. Too many controls, but needed due to independence requirements.
No Work life Balance
Senior Associate (Current Employee), philadelphiaJune 29, 2014
No Work life Balance and lot of work pressure due to less resources in each project.
Stresfull work environment and schedules
Risk Management & Controls (Former Employee), AtlantaJune 28, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: too many days on the road traveling
Not the right company for families. Long hours/days and management are not caring about their staff's career future
Reputable and Amazing Firm
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2014
PwC is a an excellent place to work. The firm offers, professional development, work life balance, and ample career and networking opportunities.
Work Life Balance
Events Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2014
A great place for work life balance and a place where you continue to learn every day.
New and challenging
Transfer Pricing Consultant (Former Employee), Mexico CityJune 25, 2014
Pros: working in the biggest firm in the world
Cons: working hours
As a member of the Taxation team in PwC Mexico City I had the chance to work with the most important Service to Client company in the World. Therefore, the challenge was from the same magnitude.

Working everyday in PwC was exciting, since the beginning of the day all my energy was focused in solving our Client's problems. Working with the client requirements – more... in conjunction with the Consultancy and Auditory team was an everyday activity; moreover, revising the information that the client and other areas of PwC gave us to complete our analysis was the complementary activity. As a member of a team I understood that each one of us was an important element, and the quality of the job has to be impeccable.

I learned how to manage my time; in fact, during my stay in PwC I was coached to prioritize the work, more importantly to solve problems; therefore, each day was a new challenge. Additionally, I learned how to become a leader when the situation became difficult, solving and taking decisions that affect directly to the client.

I understand that working in a Service to Client business is a tough activity, and even more when it comes to working hours; however, when you are enjoining what you are doing it is easier. However, I really felt satisfied with the work I did in PwC and the clients showed their appreciation for my work.

Finally, I want to mention that I was selected to give courses of the Database Software we used to obtain financial information, with this activity I developed new abilities of compromise and responsibility. – less
Conservative business like culture in Public Accounting
Auditor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2014
Pros: large well managed company with a deep infrastructure
Cons: i was bored
I would get to work at 8:00 and leave when the job was done. I spent most of my time at the clients place of business. My job was to audit the financial reporting of several companies. I would spend my day reviewing balance sheet and income statement accounts.
I learned how to audit but more importantly to work with others. I wasn't there long enough – more... to make any long lasting friends but had several while I was there. The hardest part of the job was getting through the day doing very mundane work. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding errors on clients financial statements. – less
Audit
Articled Clerk (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 21, 2014
Audit of financial services and it was good experience to work there.
Project Management
Global Diversity & Inclusion Project Officer (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work is dealing with daily global project resources queries and updating project progress and finances against the agreed budget to the Programme Leader. I have learn't and continue to learn how to manage Sponsors, Stakeholders and Global Project team resources. Everyone is different and its very important to learn how to manage stakeholders – more... from various background and culture. Dealing with various culture and attitude of people has been an exciting and enjoyable part of my job. – less
PwC is a great training ground to learn about audit methodology, risk assessment, and project management.
Senior Associate, Risk Assurance (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 18, 2014
As a senior associate in the Risk Assurance practice, I worked on multiple clients at a time. For each engagement I managed staff throughout the audit process. The Firm culture is designed for high performing, hard working, intelligent people. The hardest part of the job is juggling the demands of several engagements and the needs of different managers – more... at one time. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with co-workers and client contacts. Another enjoyable aspect is having the opportunity to instruct and train on subject matters internally. – less
Professional and Productive
Student Intern (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJune 17, 2014
The day always starts with happy greetings, a cup of tea and coffee and switching on the laptop. The organization is multicultural and friendly. One learns how a multinational organizations cultures,their unique style.
Very Reliable, experts on Ethics and Compliance and other areas
IFS (Internal Firm Services) (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 16, 2014
When I worked in Pricewaterhouse Coopers I had no trouble with any of the employees. They treated me as equals and I made the best out of the experience. Training was fun, everyone was helpful and I was able to meet the top-notch Manager in the area in which I was working for. They also expected great things of you during the projects, but they where – more... manageable for an intern like me. I would still look forward, to work in a place with that environment. – less
Great place to work with flex days
Ethics & Compliance Resource Center Manager (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 16, 2014
Pros: flex days
Productive and great place to work, highly competitive. I enjoyed my 9 + years of employment.
Work culture was hectic.Just meeting deadline should not be the target..
Professional Assistant (Former Employee), mumbaiJune 16, 2014
Pros: better infrastructure
Cons: no outgoing time
Day was normal like most of the time spent at clients place.
Had very good experience. Came to know about corporate culture and behavior.
Productive and Fun loving envronment
Consultant (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 14, 2014
Good learning environment
Good Management
Fun loving
Flexible hours

About PwC

PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and – Read more