PwC Employee Reviews

ok to work at lots of turn over
worker (Former Employee) –  southwestern ontario18 March 2015
Long hours, high levels of stress, not a very friendly atmosphere to work in, management not highly involved with staff unless they are in need of something. The turn over rate is huge.
Productive and fun
Associate, Audit and Assurance Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2015
Fun work place with the supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Inputted information and made binders for quick obtainable resource records for all Tax Departments across Canada, and the United States.
Tax Assembly (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2012
This was a Term Position.

This position required working a 12hr day and for most part a seven day work week, the atmosphere was all-consuming in order to fulfill tax deadlines.
Pros
worked with a great team
Cons
extremely long hours and worked 7 days a week till the job was complete.
A tough time.
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2015
Very long hours, unrewarding work and horrible pay. Its hard to recommend if you can get your CPA elsewhere. Most people will leave after three years for other opportunities.
Pros
You learn a tonne.
Cons
It deadens your soul.
Proceed with causion
Business Systems Analysis (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 February 2015
Their management is not up to speed with industry. very top down approach with no understanding of today's environment. Old school mentality, (my way or the high way). Takes advantage of situations in their favor. New to the consulting arena. Management need more training to today's standards. Too much pride in getting Government contracts. Free lunch to cover their mistakes. To bad so sad attitude.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Management is out of touch
great company to work at
National HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto25 May 2015
lots of work and always challenging...I had the opprty to learn a lot and take that with me to the next role. I was able to gain technical experience with peoplesoft and many other sophisticated applications.
Pros
use of up to date technology
Productive Workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2013
Very Busy
Team Work
Leadership & Management
Team Players
New Accounting Technology
Pub Night
Pros
Christmas Parties
Cons
Long Hours
Multi National corporation with very high expectations to deliver exceptional quality work, great place to learn and build relationships
Experienced Associate (Jr. Accountant) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2014
- Travelling to client site, have meetings with client and team members. Obtain assurance over client business processes by conducting tests over high risk areas to satisfy investors and lenders. Coach and lead team members in their areas of work assigned.

- Each day there is something new to be learned or improve. Ex. Develop ways to enhance our testing methodology conducted in prior years by critically thinking of new ways to make work more efficient at the same time improving the quality of work delivered.

- Any improved methodologies or risk identified must be communicated to client and upper level management with my organization. This can be challenging as I will have to provide constructive arguments to prove new approach or risk identified is in fact appropriate.

- It is very challenging to be able to multitask and think critically when you have to meet the tight dead lines with set number of staff assigned to the client project and at the same time working on a separate project in another industry with different team members. This requires patience, strong multi-tasking capabilities, ability to handle stress, and excellent organizational skills.

- I enjoy the feeling of completing projects within the assigned time metric and celebrating with team members on our successful completion. It is also rewarding to hear positive feedback from clients on how they appreciated my work and ethics during the engagement of the project and looking forward to working with me again.
Pros
Job security, future advancement, exposure to multiple industries and organizations, close contact with top level management of million dollar corporations.
Cons
work lifestyle, long hours, stressful
A great place to learn
Chef de mission expérimenté (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2015
Working at PWC offers a lot of opportunities for learning and enhance accounting and finance knowledge. The busiest months of the year were from January to March.

I have learned to work in a team and be an excellent team player over the years there.

There most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to assist the clients on how to improve and make their business more profitable for the long run.
Big 4 Accounting firm
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
Great support throughout the CA-CPA process. Many opportunities to gain technical accounting and audit experience as well as leadership and management experience, including client and partner facing interactions.
Same as above
Partners Assistant - Assurance and Audit Group (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2012
People work hard at this company and are very focused.
Not enough support in my field
a majority of the company focused on auditing, taxes, and assurance, for an administrative assistan you needed to have this background.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Challenging work rnviroment
Senior Associate-Seasonal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2014
new skills and experience in audit of financial statements in different countries under IFRS as well as local GAAPs, tax regulations.
Managed audit of financial statements for different owner managed companies.
prepared Financial statements according to IFRS , US GAAPand various local GAAPs
Evaluation of internal controls over financial reporting, testing and recommendation of solutions for internal controls deficiencies
Participated in advisory departments SOX implementation and testing projects.
great place to learn, intelligent people to work with
Audit Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D21 August 2015
Working with smart people. Professional environment. You learn a lot. Great experience. Opportunity to travel.
Great benefit, flexible, talented people
I work with great people I learn a lot every day I learn about commitment and dedication in work It's a great school after The school
Pwc is a dreadful place to work.
Senior Editor/Motion Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2014
Never met so many a-holes in my life, especial anyone Manager level or above. Horrible place who reward hard work with contempt and disloyalty. Funny since I left a year and a half ago, there is almost no one left from my group. Even people who for some reason they treated slightly better than most. So typical day was very over loaded I learned nothing, in fact people learned from me, and there was never an enjoyable minute there.
Pros
Downtown, until they moved into the awful new building south of the Gardner.
Cons
Everyday was a challenge which I enjoyed
Partner Assistant (PA) and Manager Assistant (MA) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 October 2015
Everyday was a challenge which I enjoyed. The day started out in a normal fashion then you would have to be adaptable to the changes that occurred with each client and try and resolve issues.
Really Helpful and Intelligent People.
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 March 2014
Overall a great learning experience, work with really good people.
Pros
Great Exposure to Different Industries and People
Cons
Difficult to Maintain Work/Life Balance
Let me OUT!
Event Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2012
Worked in the L&D department. Contract job. Seems to be a lot of contract jobs and not enough perm.

I was micro managed. Trained by a young rude person. Left the job after 6 weeks.

It all depends on who your manager is. I hear others are happy in different departments.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Edmonton office
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton11 February 2015
The Edmonton office is still working in a culture from the 70 and 80's . Many of the partners are close to retirement and not ready for change . If you are planning on working here be prepared to work a lot of overtime during peak seasons with no extra pay
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario20 October 2015
I was brought in to help convert an existing system over to run in a virtual environment using Oracles Virtual Box

I found my co-workers great to work with

A typical day involved software tecting
Little room for creativity
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 May 2015
There is a lot of Red Tape in terms of processes with PWC which leaves little room for creativity and a flat work culture. The staff seems to be segregated depending on which division you are in, but most are friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.