PwC Employee Reviews

Excellent practicum for my field
Library Internship (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec19 April 2015
This internship has allowed me to apply many of the elements I learned in Information and Library Technologies program at John Abbott College. As a graduating student, I was expected to do two internships, including this one at PwC. During this library internship, I did a variety of tasks including filing, serial reception and original cataloging for new materials. I was also asked to shelf reading and an inventory of the physical material. Identification of selected material in the online catalogue was also done since management wanted to reassign some of the collection to another department.
Pros
Private office in which you can work undisturbed
Cons
The great view was sometimes distracting
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario20 October 2015
I was brought in to help convert an existing system over to run in a virtual environment using Oracles Virtual Box

I found my co-workers great to work with

A typical day involved software tecting
Proceed with causion
Business Systems Analysis (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 February 2015
Their management is not up to speed with industry. very top down approach with no understanding of today's environment. Old school mentality, (my way or the high way). Takes advantage of situations in their favor. New to the consulting arena. Management need more training to today's standards. Too much pride in getting Government contracts. Free lunch to cover their mistakes. To bad so sad attitude.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Management is out of touch
Excellent company
Manager - Assurance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2015
great place to work!

great benefits

rewarding work experience and environment

leanred alot about pwc clients, GAAP, IFRS

great training availalbe virtually
Pros
ability to work remotely
Challenging work rnviroment
Senior Associate-Seasonal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2014
new skills and experience in audit of financial statements in different countries under IFRS as well as local GAAPs, tax regulations.
Managed audit of financial statements for different owner managed companies.
prepared Financial statements according to IFRS , US GAAPand various local GAAPs
Evaluation of internal controls over financial reporting, testing and recommendation of solutions for internal controls deficiencies
Participated in advisory departments SOX implementation and testing projects.
Pressure
Auditeur - Chef de Mission expérimenté (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 August 2014
Many interesting trainings throughout the year.
Coworkers are like a family
Pressure on the cost and many people got laid off in the past 2 years. But work load does not decrease, therefore, lots of pressure on staff and flexibility (work life balance) becomes more theoretical than practice.
Hardest part of the job is to never know what to expect, schedule can change at any moment and you need to have a flexible personal schedule to accommodate. Most enjoyable part of the job is the ownership of your work. You get a lot of independence and trust from management.
Pwc is a dreadful place to work.
Senior Editor/Motion Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2014
Never met so many a-holes in my life, especial anyone Manager level or above. Horrible place who reward hard work with contempt and disloyalty. Funny since I left a year and a half ago, there is almost no one left from my group. Even people who for some reason they treated slightly better than most. So typical day was very over loaded I learned nothing, in fact people learned from me, and there was never an enjoyable minute there.
Pros
Downtown, until they moved into the awful new building south of the Gardner.
Great opportunity
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2013
• Typed, formatted and edited standard and non-standard documents using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Drafted standard and non-standard correspondence
• Organized invitations, materials and logistics (reserve meeting rooms, AV equipment and catering) for internal and external meetings
• Arranged conference calls
• Responsible for making travel arrangements using AMEX travel
• Prepared expense reports
• Calendar Management
• Printed, faxed, photocopied and scanned documents
• Answered and responded to telephone calls transferred from managers’ voicemail
• Sorted and circulated incoming mail and file incoming and outgoing correspondence
Challenging, good culture
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON19 September 2012
-audit clients' financial information, prepare working papers and draft financial statemnts
-Understand the big picture of the clients' financial information to plan the audit, conduct various tests,document test finding and results. Draft financial reports in compliance with ASPE/IFRS.
-time managemnt skill to meet deadlines and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
-Supervise junior associates and maintain positive relationship with team members and clients
-Hardest part of the job is to deal with different client with different preference
-the most enjoyable part is the continuing professional development which enable me to keep current with ASPE/IFRS
Pros
free professional development
Qualified Chartered Accountant
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2013
• Managed several client accounts and maintained relationships with senior company directors
• Industries include: Automotive, Manufacturing, Distribution, Consumer Goods, Utility Joint Ventures, and Construction Companies
• Heavily involved in new business developments (audit and non-audit), and brought a number of business opportunities such as audit and tax engagements, and acquisition deals
Big 4 Accounting firm
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
Great support throughout the CA-CPA process. Many opportunities to gain technical accounting and audit experience as well as leadership and management experience, including client and partner facing interactions.
Inputted information and made binders for quick obtainable resource records for all Tax Departments across Canada, and the United States.
Tax Assembly (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2012
This was a Term Position.

This position required working a 12hr day and for most part a seven day work week, the atmosphere was all-consuming in order to fulfill tax deadlines.
Pros
worked with a great team
Cons
extremely long hours and worked 7 days a week till the job was complete.
Productive and fun
Associate, Audit and Assurance Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2015
Fun work place with the supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
great company to work at
National HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto25 May 2015
lots of work and always challenging...I had the opprty to learn a lot and take that with me to the next role. I was able to gain technical experience with peoplesoft and many other sophisticated applications.
Pros
use of up to date technology
A tough time.
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2015
Very long hours, unrewarding work and horrible pay. Its hard to recommend if you can get your CPA elsewhere. Most people will leave after three years for other opportunities.
Pros
You learn a tonne.
Cons
It deadens your soul.
Professional environment
Partner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cairo21 September 2015
I learned a lot from PWC. I wish all firms be like it. They keep career path very clear. Good compensation regarding to the market
Pros
Continuous Learning
good company, good people
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto13 October 2015
good place to work, great people, lots of opportunities, approachable partners, the most challenging part is the busy season (OT), great perks
A productive workplace, associating with new hires on board, giving the best of my knowledge and sharing my experience, to promote PwC culture & valu
Purchasing/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  18 York St, Toronto, ON12 June 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job: to be working as a team and fulfill the request of others.
Pros
Giving guidance with others who are not familiar with the company policy.
Cons
Be patience
Great environment for learning
HRS Tax Associate Co-op (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta24 July 2015
This is an excellent place to work. The environment is very appealing and the management is great. There is a lot of potential to learn great new things and grow your career.
Let me OUT!
Event Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2012
Worked in the L&D department. Contract job. Seems to be a lot of contract jobs and not enough perm.

I was micro managed. Trained by a young rude person. Left the job after 6 weeks.

It all depends on who your manager is. I hear others are happy in different departments.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management