PwC Employee Reviews in Canada

fun workplace with friendly co-workers and seniors
Summer Associate (Financial Service Industry) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2014
there is no typical day at work because engagements vary. The company has good culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is the after work hang outs with my co-workers.
Pros
working with fun people, and free coffee
Cons
long working hours
Only worked here for less than a year.
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2014
I didn't like the culture here or the team a lot so I didn't remain too long when another opportunity came up. Was concerned with working weekends without pay or lieu time so I moved on.
fast paced and productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2014
professional culture, team player, independent workload, self-managed, provide excellent customer service to all levels of executive team
Pros
independent culture, pension plan & benefits, unionized environment, summer hours, shorter fridays on long weekends
Really Helpful and Intelligent People.
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 24, 2014
Overall a great learning experience, work with really good people.
Pros
great exposure to different industries and people
Cons
difficult to maintain work/life balance
Great trainning
Senior Manager Payroll and Accounting Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, onFebruary 14, 2014
PWC provide a great trainning as a professional but not necessarily good from salary stand point. Long hours and low salary.
Pwc is a dreadful place to work.
Senior Editor/Motion Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Never met so many a-holes in my life, especial anyone Manager level or above. Horrible place who reward hard work with contempt and disloyalty. Funny since I left a year and a half ago, there is almost no one left from my group. Even people who for some reason they treated slightly better than most. So typical day was very over loaded I learned nothing, in fact people learned from me, and there was never an enjoyable minute there.
Pros
downtown, until they moved into the awful new building south of the gardner.
Cons
everything
Working out side your home territory make you feel how powerful is the global networking
Assurance Manager - CIPS (Former Employee) –  London,January 14, 2014
• Responsible for a team of professionals to deliver quality service to top tier clients in the Assurance practice.
• Develop a flexible annual audit plan for my portfolio using an appropriate risk-based methodology’ and submit that plan to the Assurance Leader for review and approval as well as periodic updates
• Provided conveying solutions to the client's complex business problems through the use of written reports and presentations.
• Advised clients on accounting implications of corporate finance transactions including goodwill minimization strategies and restructuring
• Performed due diligence for several clients prior to acquisition of public entities.
• Audit staff management, motivation, training, recruitment and selection.
• Contributing to strategic planning and development as a member of management team.
• Other areas of responsibility: Resource management, Counselling, Client satisfaction Survey analysis, and training need analysis for practice staff.
Multi National corporation with very high expectations to deliver exceptional quality work, great place to learn and build relationships
Experienced Associate (Jr. Accountant) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2014
- Travelling to client site, have meetings with client and team members. Obtain assurance over client business processes by conducting tests over high risk areas to satisfy investors and lenders. Coach and lead team members in their areas of work assigned.

- Each day there is something new to be learned or improve. Ex. Develop ways to enhance our testing methodology conducted in prior years by critically thinking of new ways to make work more efficient at the same time improving the quality of work delivered.

- Any improved methodologies or risk identified must be communicated to client and upper level management with my organization. This can be challenging as I will have to provide constructive arguments to prove new approach or risk identified is in fact appropriate.

- It is very challenging to be able to multitask and think critically when you have to meet the tight dead lines with set number of staff assigned to the client project and at the same time working on a separate project in another industry with different team members. This requires patience, strong multi-tasking capabilities, ability to handle stress, and excellent organizational skills.

- I enjoy the feeling of completing projects within the assigned time metric and celebrating with team members on our successful completion. It is also rewarding to hear positive feedback from clients on how they appreciated my work and ethics during the engagement of the project and looking forward to working with me again.
Pros
job security, future advancement, exposure to multiple industries and organizations, close contact with top level management of million dollar corporations.
Cons
work lifestyle, long hours, stressful
Great opportunity to engage in multiple types of engagements and learn the consulting industry
Manager - Consulting and Deals - IT Advisory (Former Employee) –  Calgary, A;llbertaDecember 18, 2013
I learned a great deal about the consulting side of the business and about the IP that PwC has developed over the years. Working at PwC was a great learning experience for me.
Fun Worplace
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 12, 2013
Friendly environment
Learning curve is very high
People are friendly to deal with
It is what it is.
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2013
Good exposure to clients etc, but a poor culture. I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend.
Productive Workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2013
Very Busy
Team Work
Leadership & Management
Team Players
New Accounting Technology
Pub Night
Pros
christmas parties
Cons
IT sytaff are treated like second class citizens
Manager Continual Service Improvement (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 24, 2013
Very high expectations of staff. Rewards are aligned to client deliverables, which puts all not client facing staff at a disadvantage.
Equal opportunity to all
Experienced Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2013
PwC provides outstanding training and industry exposure to all.
Usual work day
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  QatarJuly 13, 2013
PwC is great place to work for. Amazing people and very easy to go work environment. PwC is a great place for learning. Anyone can ask anything to anyone at anytime.
Takes great care of you
Intern (Current Employee) –  11July 5, 2013
employees are nice and make sure you have a great time there.
Pros
free lunches, great people
Cons
lots of overtime work
Qualified Chartered Accountant
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
• Managed several client accounts and maintained relationships with senior company directors
• Industries include: Automotive, Manufacturing, Distribution, Consumer Goods, Utility Joint Ventures, and Construction Companies
• Heavily involved in new business developments (audit and non-audit), and brought a number of business opportunities such as audit and tax engagements, and acquisition deals
A productive workplace, associating with new hires on board, giving the best of my knowledge and sharing my experience, to promote PwC culture & valu
Purchasing/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  18 York St, Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job: to be working as a team and fulfill the request of others.
Pros
giving guidance with others who are not familiar with the company policy.
Cons
be patience
Excellent
Tax Consultant/Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Excellent company to work with great advancement opportunities.
Exciting work environment, always working on new challenges. Kept the work exciting.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2013
As a Senior Manager I was responsible for supervising multiple audit engagement teams.