PwC Employee Reviews in Canada

flexible and supportive employer
Staff (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 12, 2016
Provides good career advancement. Provides flexibility in workplace - work from home allowed. Provides good salary and benefits. Good training available.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long Hours
Nothing was fun about this position
Managers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Very back stabbing environment. If you didn't kiss up, you went no where. I was constantly set up to fail. The woman I worked with was miserable.
Pros
NONE
Cons
too many to list
Professional
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 2, 2016
Professional and fast paced environment, Good events, Great place to work, Good people and Extensive network and exposure.
Excellent practicum for my field
Library Internship (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecApril 19, 2015
This internship has allowed me to apply many of the elements I learned in Information and Library Technologies program at John Abbott College. As a graduating student, I was expected to do two internships, including this one at PwC. During this library internship, I did a variety of tasks including filing, serial reception and original cataloging for new materials. I was also asked to shelf reading and an inventory of the physical material. Identification of selected material in the online catalogue was also done since management wanted to reassign some of the collection to another department.
Pros
Private office in which you can work undisturbed
Cons
The great view was sometimes distracting
Big 4 Accounting firm
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2015
Great support throughout the CA-CPA process. Many opportunities to gain technical accounting and audit experience as well as leadership and management experience, including client and partner facing interactions.
A tough time.
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2015
Very long hours, unrewarding work and horrible pay. Its hard to recommend if you can get your CPA elsewhere. Most people will leave after three years for other opportunities.
Pros
You learn a tonne.
Cons
It deadens your soul.
Everyday was a challenge which I enjoyed
Partner Assistant (PA) and Manager Assistant (MA) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONOctober 22, 2015
Everyday was a challenge which I enjoyed. The day started out in a normal fashion then you would have to be adaptable to the changes that occurred with each client and try and resolve issues.
Pressure
Auditeur - Chef de Mission expérimenté (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 28, 2014
Many interesting trainings throughout the year.
Coworkers are like a family
Pressure on the cost and many people got laid off in the past 2 years. But work load does not decrease, therefore, lots of pressure on staff and flexibility (work life balance) becomes more theoretical than practice.
Hardest part of the job is to never know what to expect, schedule can change at any moment and you need to have a flexible personal schedule to accommodate. Most enjoyable part of the job is the ownership of your work. You get a lot of independence and trust from management.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioOctober 20, 2015
I was brought in to help convert an existing system over to run in a virtual environment using Oracles Virtual Box

I found my co-workers great to work with

A typical day involved software tecting
ok to work at lots of turn over
worker (Former Employee) –  southwestern ontarioMarch 18, 2015
Long hours, high levels of stress, not a very friendly atmosphere to work in, management not highly involved with staff unless they are in need of something. The turn over rate is huge.
good company, good people
Contractor (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 13, 2015
good place to work, great people, lots of opportunities, approachable partners, the most challenging part is the busy season (OT), great perks
great place to learn, intelligent people to work with
Audit Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, DAugust 21, 2015
Working with smart people. Professional environment. You learn a lot. Great experience. Opportunity to travel.
Great benefit, flexible, talented people
I work with great people I learn a lot every day I learn about commitment and dedication in work It's a great school after The school
great company to work at
National HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 25, 2015
lots of work and always challenging...I had the opprty to learn a lot and take that with me to the next role. I was able to gain technical experience with peoplesoft and many other sophisticated applications.
Pros
use of up to date technology
Little room for creativity
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 21, 2015
There is a lot of Red Tape in terms of processes with PWC which leaves little room for creativity and a flat work culture. The staff seems to be segregated depending on which division you are in, but most are friendly.
A great place to learn
Chef de mission expérimenté (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2015
Working at PWC offers a lot of opportunities for learning and enhance accounting and finance knowledge. The busiest months of the year were from January to March.

I have learned to work in a team and be an excellent team player over the years there.

There most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to assist the clients on how to improve and make their business more profitable for the long run.
fast paced and productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2014
professional culture, team player, independent workload, self-managed, provide excellent customer service to all levels of executive team
Pros
independent culture, pension plan & benefits, unionized environment, summer hours, shorter fridays on long weekends
Proceed with causion
Business Systems Analysis (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Their management is not up to speed with industry. very top down approach with no understanding of today's environment. Old school mentality, (my way or the high way). Takes advantage of situations in their favor. New to the consulting arena. Management need more training to today's standards. Too much pride in getting Government contracts. Free lunch to cover their mistakes. To bad so sad attitude.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management is out of touch
Great place to learn
Expatriate Tax Associate/Training Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Typical day starts at 9 and goes to 5:30-6:30
learned complicated tax issues
management is supportive
co-workers are friendly
hardest part is the volume of work
most enjoybale part: continuous challenge
Pros
meal reimbursement
Edmonton office
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  EdmontonFebruary 11, 2015
The Edmonton office is still working in a culture from the 70 and 80's . Many of the partners are close to retirement and not ready for change . If you are planning on working here be prepared to work a lot of overtime during peak seasons with no extra pay
Challenging, good culture
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONSeptember 19, 2012
-audit clients' financial information, prepare working papers and draft financial statemnts
-Understand the big picture of the clients' financial information to plan the audit, conduct various tests,document test finding and results. Draft financial reports in compliance with ASPE/IFRS.
-time managemnt skill to meet deadlines and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
-Supervise junior associates and maintain positive relationship with team members and clients
-Hardest part of the job is to deal with different client with different preference
-the most enjoyable part is the continuing professional development which enable me to keep current with ASPE/IFRS
Pros
free professional development