PwC Employee Reviews

A large firm which will allow you freedom to develop and grow.
Manager, Corporate Advisory and Restructuring (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2016
A good basis to any career and an ideal place to gain your professional qualifications. PwC allows you to refine your skills as a trusted adviser to a wide range of businesses.
Professional work environment
Accounts Receivable clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 October 2016
friendly fast paced professional work environment. Have to meet daily deadlines and ensure continuous workflow of the department.

I've learned how to continue to apply time management skills to meet daily deadline and coordinate with the team to ensure good work flow of the department

Everyone works as a team when needed to overcome any challenges faced and ultimately meet deadline during the busy season hence producing satisfactory results
Very resourceful place to work
Experienced senior accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary17 August 2016
Management team are very knowledgable, very supportive.
Co-workers are very friendly and kind.
With various clients base, every day is a learning process.
good company to start
Experienced Audit Associate (contract) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 July 2016
good company to start
can learn lots of professional accounting knowledge and most of your co-workers are experts in Accounting
Pros
good culture, can learn a lot
Cons
hard to balance the work and personal life
First Job experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh15 July 2016
PwC is the best place to work that helps the employees to learn and develop.

I learnt Internal Audit
a) Doing analytics
b) Identifying Issues
c) To map risk and update recommendation

Positives:
a) Professional work environment
b) Learning opportunities
Busy work enviornment but enjoyable co-workers.
Partner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
Supported three partners
Busy schedules every day
Multitasks, focus and hardworking were a must
Coworkers worked as a team
The most difficult job was to meet billing targets and collection targets for the partners, however, these were also the most enjoyable tasks when we met the targets.
Was not a stressful job.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2016
A typical day at work would be Filing, Shredding, and doing Data Entry.

The most enjoyable thing about the job was working with my mom and her co-workers.
A very remarkable company to work for
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, UK8 June 2016
Working with PwC has helped me to developed my skills. I have gained a wealth of experience working on various transformation projects. Also I had the opportunity to work with a talented team of people. Overall I believe PwC is a wonderful company to work with,
Jungle workplace, sweatshopt
SRED Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2016
Management do not care much, just bottom line, no on the job training, swim or sink, if you don't make it because they don't train you, too bad, you're out. Treat employees like a robot to make their profit, it's all about billable hours.
Uptight
Human Resources Administrator Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2016
Very professional place. People are nice but usually do not go out of their way to talk to you as everyone is very busy. Other than that I got lots of great work to do. Give you a lot of work and autonomy and let you be creative and think out of the box.
flexible and supportive employer
Staff (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 May 2016
Provides good career advancement. Provides flexibility in workplace - work from home allowed. Provides good salary and benefits. Good training available.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long Hours
PwC Review
Directeur en certification (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2016
PwC is a great place to start off your career as a CPA. Full of challenging opportunities, I recommend it to anyone starting off their career. Work life balance is difficult to achieve however.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
Professional
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 May 2016
Professional and fast paced environment, Good events, Great place to work, Good people and Extensive network and exposure.
Work focused environment
Expatriate Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
Working in an environment where the material learned in schools was applicable was very encouraging in terms of the business field. The employer encouraged all new members to perform to the best of their ability.
Great place to enhance your knowledge with brilliant set of leaders
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh28 April 2016
The audit team is fun loving yet focused on completing the assigned tasks on time. The team works without boundaries to support each other and ensure the overall audit reports are submitted in timely and effective manner.
Pros
High Visibility, Work with excellent customers
Cons
Long work hours during audit
Big4 Accounting firm
Senior Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Karaci16 April 2016
Every Finance Professional dream of becoming a part of big4 and PwC is the leader of big4 accounting firm world wide. PwC is dream organization of finance professional
Fantastic company and wonderful team to work with
Student Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK14 April 2016
My 18 months with PwC UK went from strength to strength and saw many opportunities including a client facing secondment to lead on a graduate recruitment programme as well as being promoted to manager.
Managing two contrasting teams I learnt the importance of listening to the needs of the business and their requirements to ensure my team could work towards these.
My co-workers were fantastic and I helped create a network in the office where people enjoyed the culture.
Pros
people
Working experience
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
A good experience working as an auditor with a large accounting firm, albeit a short one.

The team work was very good and the senior was very appreciative and supportive of my work and enabled me to get used to the working environment.
Dynamic and enthusiastic work environment with a strong culture of excellence
Audit Professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
A typical day at work during the busy season include long hours, a lot of work and probably, messy audit conference rooms but also comes with a lot of learning. You will be working with smart (ish) and talented people who definitely make the difference in the quality of work as there is a strong culture for doing things right. You will be learning from others through examples, shadowing and constantly coaching. No matters what level you are in the company, you might be seated one-day receiving coaching from a senior manager or a partner, they want to make sure you learn and understand what you are doing as you will actually be seated in the same chair in the future.
The hardest part of the work is that you might have to forget about leaving at 5.00pm sharp on Fridays or dating your girlfriend during the weekend as you will be working extra hours for sure.
Definitely, besides all the tools (software, hardware, documentation, etc) provided to you for the company to develop a quality work in an efficient manner the best part of working at PwC is the people and the learning you won´t get anywhere else.
Pros
Travel open assignments, training, CPA credits, paid dinner, paid milleage.
Hated the place.
Something (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2016
I put in lots of my extra time and used my own money to get projects finished with no thanks or any appreciation. Management is full of conceited useless fools or just plain fools who during job assessments only talked about themselves and how great they were at soccer when they weren't admiring themselves otherwise.
Pros
Cons
Horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.