PwC Employee Reviews in Canada

Hated the place.
Something (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
I put in lots of my extra time and used my own money to get projects finished with no thanks or any appreciation. Management is full of conceited useless fools or just plain fools who during job assessments only talked about themselves and how great they were at soccer when they weren't admiring themselves otherwise.
Pros
Cons
Horrible
A nascent management consulting firm in the early days
Principal Management Consultant - Energy Practice (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2015
PWC developed into industry silos and provided a management consulting service during the start up of this skill offering. Providing SI expertise in the Utilities, Finance, Health industries. The Hardest part of the job was changing clients mid project. The most enjoyable part was the successful delivery of a project,and a happy client.
Pros
Professional training
Cons
Little expertise in mentoring at the time
Uptight
Human Resources Administrator Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 15, 2016
Very professional place. People are nice but usually do not go out of their way to talk to you as everyone is very busy. Other than that I got lots of great work to do. Give you a lot of work and autonomy and let you be creative and think out of the box.
PwC Review
Directeur en certification (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 8, 2016
PwC is a great place to start off your career as a CPA. Full of challenging opportunities, I recommend it to anyone starting off their career. Work life balance is difficult to achieve however.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
Jungle workplace, sweatshopt
SRED Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 19, 2016
Management do not care much, just bottom line, no on the job training, swim or sink, if you don't make it because they don't train you, too bad, you're out. Treat employees like a robot to make their profit, it's all about billable hours.
Working experience
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
A good experience working as an auditor with a large accounting firm, albeit a short one.

The team work was very good and the senior was very appreciative and supportive of my work and enabled me to get used to the working environment.
Work focused environment
Expatriate Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Working in an environment where the material learned in schools was applicable was very encouraging in terms of the business field. The employer encouraged all new members to perform to the best of their ability.
Good experience
Senior Associate, Audit and Assurance Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
- people in the firm are great. I have worked with many talented individuals through out the years.
- There are very limited work-life balance as we often spend 60 hours of more to work per week. The deadlines are reality we have to meet.
Big4 Accounting firm
Senior Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  KaraciApril 16, 2016
Every Finance Professional dream of becoming a part of big4 and PwC is the leader of big4 accounting firm world wide. PwC is dream organization of finance professional
flexible and supportive employer
Staff (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 12, 2016
Provides good career advancement. Provides flexibility in workplace - work from home allowed. Provides good salary and benefits. Good training available.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long Hours
challenging
President (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 29, 2016
Never a dull moment....established a global network of business associates, equipment and technology providers in water, wastewater treatment, renewable energy, sustainable development.
Pros
challenging
Cons
Place to learn and excel
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
Supportive management which encourages employees to try new things and learn collaboratively. Industry leader in creating and delivering projects with utmost quality and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Agile Environment
Cons
Limited market reach
Nothing was fun about this position
Managers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Very back stabbing environment. If you didn't kiss up, you went no where. I was constantly set up to fail. The woman I worked with was miserable.
Pros
NONE
Cons
too many to list
Professional
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 2, 2016
Professional and fast paced environment, Good events, Great place to work, Good people and Extensive network and exposure.
productive
Debt Solutions Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of supportive co workers and management. A lot of stress in the type of job I held and over time it began to take a toll on my health.
Everyday was a challenge which I enjoyed
Partner Assistant (PA) and Manager Assistant (MA) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONOctober 22, 2015
Everyday was a challenge which I enjoyed. The day started out in a normal fashion then you would have to be adaptable to the changes that occurred with each client and try and resolve issues.
great place to learn, intelligent people to work with
Audit Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, DAugust 21, 2015
Working with smart people. Professional environment. You learn a lot. Great experience. Opportunity to travel.
Great benefit, flexible, talented people
I work with great people I learn a lot every day I learn about commitment and dedication in work It's a great school after The school
Great firm to start your career
Experienced Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
typical big 4- will work long hours.
First couple years will be a challenge and great learning opportunities
Get to work on multiple projects
Pros
Great learning opportunities, people you work with
Cons
Long hours, demanding
Great Corporate Culture
SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
Builds a strong foundation for work ethic and a great accounting knowledge base. Busy season hours are quite rigorous, and off-season hours are no longer "lite", since 2008.

Great opportunities to travel and work abroad. Great corporate culture.
Pros
Strong Learning & Development
Cons
Long hours, seemingly non-value added work
A great place to learn
Chef de mission expérimenté (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2015
Working at PWC offers a lot of opportunities for learning and enhance accounting and finance knowledge. The busiest months of the year were from January to March.

I have learned to work in a team and be an excellent team player over the years there.

There most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to assist the clients on how to improve and make their business more profitable for the long run.