Pros: job security, future advancement, exposure to multiple industries and organizations, close contact with top level management of million dollar corporations.
Cons: work lifestyle, long hours, stressful
- Travelling to client site, have meetings with client and team members. Obtain assurance over client business processes by conducting tests over high risk areas to satisfy investors and lenders. Coach and lead team members in their areas of work assigned.
- Each day there is something new to be learned or improve. Ex. Develop ways to enhance our testing methodology conducted in prior years by critically – more... thinking of new ways to make work more efficient at the same time improving the quality of work delivered.
- Any improved methodologies or risk identified must be communicated to client and upper level management with my organization. This can be challenging as I will have to provide constructive arguments to prove new approach or risk identified is in fact appropriate.
- It is very challenging to be able to multitask and think critically when you have to meet the tight dead lines with set number of staff assigned to the client project and at the same time working on a separate project in another industry with different team members. This requires patience, strong multi-tasking capabilities, ability to handle stress, and excellent organizational skills.
- I enjoy the feeling of completing projects within the assigned time metric and celebrating with team members on our successful completion. It is also rewarding to hear positive feedback from clients on how they appreciated my work and ethics during the engagement of the project and looking forward to working with me again. – less