PwC Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A nascent management consulting firm in the early days
Principal Management Consultant - Energy Practice (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2015
Pros: Professional training
Cons: Little expertise in mentoring at the time
PWC developed into industry silos and provided a management consulting service during the start up of this skill offering. Providing SI expertise in the Utilities, Finance, Health industries. The Hardest part of the job was changing clients mid project. The most enjoyable part was the successful delivery of a project,and a happy client.
Hated the place.
Something (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Horrible
I put in lots of my extra time and used my own money to get projects finished with no thanks or any appreciation. Management is full of conceited useless fools or just plain fools who during job assessments only talked about themselves and how great they were at soccer when they weren't admiring themselves otherwise.
Excellent company
Manager - Assurance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: ability to work remotely
Cons: long hours
great place to work!

great benefits

rewarding work experience and environment

leanred alot about pwc clients, GAAP, IFRS

great training availalbe virtually
Professional environment
Partner Assistant (Former Employee), CairoSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: Continuous Learning
Cons: None
I learned a lot from PWC. I wish all firms be like it. They keep career path very clear. Good compensation regarding to the market
Good experience
Senior Associate, Audit and Assurance Group (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
- people in the firm are great. I have worked with many talented individuals through out the years.
- There are very limited work-life balance as we often spend 60 hours of more to work per week. The deadlines are reality we have to meet.
Great Corporate Culture
SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Strong Learning & Development
Cons: Long hours, seemingly non-value added work
Builds a strong foundation for work ethic and a great accounting knowledge base. Busy season hours are quite rigorous, and off-season hours are no longer "lite", since 2008.

Great opportunities to travel and work abroad. Great corporate culture.
challenging
President (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: challenging
Cons: long hours
Never a dull moment....established a global network of business associates, equipment and technology providers in water, wastewater treatment, renewable energy, sustainable development.
Productive and fun
Associate, Audit and Assurance Group (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Fun work place with the supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
PwC is an excellent employer
Partner Admin. Assistant, Enterprise Applications (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Very professional environment
Cons: Long hours
It has been a pleasure working for 10 years at PwC. It is a very professional environment that promotes learning and advancement.

I am proud to have worked with groups of smart and amazing individuals.
Place to learn and excel
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Agile Environment
Cons: Limited market reach
Supportive management which encourages employees to try new things and learn collaboratively. Industry leader in creating and delivering projects with utmost quality and customer satisfaction.
productive
Debt Solutions Counsellor (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of supportive co workers and management. A lot of stress in the type of job I held and over time it began to take a toll on my health.
Great environment for learning
HRS Tax Associate Co-op (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaJuly 24, 2015
This is an excellent place to work. The environment is very appealing and the management is great. There is a lot of potential to learn great new things and grow your career.
Dynamic and enthusiastic work environment with a strong culture of excellence
Audit Professional (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
Pros: Travel open assignments, training, CPA credits, paid dinner, paid milleage.
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work during the busy season include long hours, a lot of work and probably, messy audit conference rooms but also comes with a lot of learning. You will be working with smart (ish) and talented people who definitely make the difference in the quality of work as there is a strong culture for doing things right. You will be learning from others through examples, shadowing and constantly coaching. No matters what level you are in the company, you might be seated one-day receiving coaching from a senior manager or a partner, they want to make sure you learn and understand what you are doing as you will actually be seated in the same chair in the future.
The hardest part of the work is that you might have to forget about leaving at 5.00pm sharp on Fridays or dating your girlfriend during the weekend as you will be working extra hours for sure.
Definitely, besides all the tools (software, hardware, documentation, etc) provided to you for the company to develop a quality work in an efficient manner the best part of working at PwC is the people and the learning you won´t get anywhere else.
Good place to start work
ANALYST / TAX CONSULTANT (Former Employee), WellingtonJuly 28, 2015
Good place to start a career. Good training resources and processes for learning. Work life balance could do with improving as I had to work quite long hours.
Great firm to start your career
Experienced Senior Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Great learning opportunities, people you work with
Cons: Long hours, demanding
typical big 4- will work long hours.
First couple years will be a challenge and great learning opportunities
Get to work on multiple projects
Working experience
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
A good experience working as an auditor with a large accounting firm, albeit a short one.

The team work was very good and the senior was very appreciative and supportive of my work and enabled me to get used to the working environment.
Work focused environment
Expatriate Tax Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Working in an environment where the material learned in schools was applicable was very encouraging in terms of the business field. The employer encouraged all new members to perform to the best of their ability.
Nothing was fun about this position
Managers Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: NONE
Cons: too many to list
Very back stabbing environment. If you didn't kiss up, you went no where. I was constantly set up to fail. The woman I worked with was miserable.
Big4 Accounting firm
Senior Associate Consultant (Current Employee), KaraciApril 16, 2016
Every Finance Professional dream of becoming a part of big4 and PwC is the leader of big4 accounting firm world wide. PwC is dream organization of finance professional
Excellent practicum for my field
Library Internship (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 19, 2015
Pros: Private office in which you can work undisturbed
Cons: The great view was sometimes distracting
This internship has allowed me to apply many of the elements I learned in Information and Library Technologies program at John Abbott College. As a graduating student, I was expected to do two internships, including this one at PwC. During this library internship, I did a variety of tasks including filing, serial reception and original cataloging for new materials. I was also asked to shelf reading and an inventory of the physical material. Identification of selected material in the online catalogue was also done since management wanted to reassign some of the collection to another department.
Headquarters