PwC Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Highly recommended to new grads
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 September 2017
As with the other big 4 firms, PwC heavily invests in its staff whether it be on a professional development level or a coaching level. The culture is fantastic with a very diverse range of people and skills.
PwC is a great company to work, full of talented people and great opportunities.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON20 September 2017
I worked at PwC for 18 years as a partner assistant supporting multiple partners at leadership level. It was a difficult decision to leave such a great workplace, but PwC is moving to Virtual Assistants (outsourced services). The firm offered a voluntary departure package to some assistants, so I decided to accept the opportunity and explore other prospects.
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2017
Would prefer not to provide a comprehensive review of the company other than to say that it may be a good company to work for as a professional. Support staff are not treated well, salaries are low, no chances for advancement, little recognition.
Long hours - good learning opportunities
Senior Associate - Consulting & Deals (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2017
Implementing strong cost cutting measures, reducing compensation for staff below manager grade. Competitive industry with slim margins. Staff are required to work far more than is reasonable in the context of their compensation. Primary upside relates to the potential to exit for a more attractive opportunity based upon the brand name recognition in the market place.
Pros
Experience, brand recognition, exit opportunities
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, little recognition from management
Great employer, offered work-life balance and teaming.
Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
During the years working at PwC, I developed life-long friendships and had the opportunity to learn from great leaders. The workplace culture offered flexibility and encouraged collaboration and teaming throughout the firm.
Poor Culture
Operations Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2017
Work life balance non existent and bad behaviour is rewarded. If you are not part of the "in crowd" you were pretty much on your own. They tend to focus on image more than anything else.
Associate in Assurance
Experienced Associate - Assurance (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2017
Experience within the firm is heavily influenced by the teams that you are on - if you are on a team with poor management or incompetent team members it is unlikely that your experience will be good. Vice versa - if your main team(s) are good (and you enjoy the work being done) it is possible to have an extremely good experience. Work hours also follow this logic. Some teams worked approximately 80 hours a week during busy season while others barely met the 50 hour a week minimum. Very accommodating as you are allowed to work from home or other locations if needed. There are many opportunities for career and personal development if you take the initiative to seek them out, and as a whole the firm is quite supportive.
Business Services Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
This was a very professional office and I enjoyed working here with the team I was surrounded by. I learnt alot while I was here and met great people.
A place to prove talent
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Learned to write easily maintainable code in given deadlines with good team guidance. Increased my knowledge with the help of training's they provided
Pros
Recreational Facilities
Cons
An experience that would last a lifetime
Supervising Senior (Former Employee) –  Sindh30 August 2017
There were always work for those who wanted to work. Since it was a mandatory training program, I ensured that apart from completing my qualification, I apply the skill set I was learning at school. The workplace was intense; there was always a deadline to be met. The hardest part of the job was starting it at a very young age with long hours a norm. The most enjoyable part was spending those long hours with your team.
Pros
A strong foundation for career
Best run company I have ever worked with.
Partner Assistant, Advisory Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2017
Globally focused, excellent infrastructure and software applications allows team members to provide and maintain a superior level of service and solutions to clients.
Pros
Globally organized with great work opportunities.
MCS Group
Network Administrator, Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Worked with the Management Consulting Group and always had access to the latest technology. Management provided any level of training I required and I was able to start my career in technology thanks to that ongoing training.
PwC Bermuda
Senior Associate, Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 August 2017
- High quality of work and diligence expected.
- Culture varies greatly between different groups.
- Long hours expected.
- Very tightly knit working environment amongst colleagues.
An Internationally recognized firm of Chartered Accountants
MANAGER/ RECEIVER'S AGENT (Former Employee) –  St. Andrew & St. Catherine Jamaica11 August 2017
I worked as a Consultant with a free hand to manage the resources given to me and to fulfill the mandate of my given responsibilities. The period of employment gave me great insight into the depths of financial difficulties encountered by manufacturing type organizations and revealed processes and decisions which sometimes lead to financial losses.
I was able to impose my own style of management for the projects and companies i managed with proper support when necessary from the PWC management team.
The difficulties of these assignments revolved around insufficiency of funds to operate the business on a going concern basis given the need to have funds to meet commitments to employees and creditors.
A productive and high performing firm
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2017
PwC recognized as one of the top accounting firms in the world. The firm is a great place to work with talented individuals. There are many service lines to work in and you will be nurtured into a high performing organization developing great skills along the way.
Great company to work for that promotes collaboration & team work
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
People working together to ensure that projects are completed.
Opportunities to move within the company both locally & globally.
A supportive environment where people work together to ensure that corporate goals are met.
Pros
Work from home, work life balance
Cons
Support for systems is off-shore, some of the global iniatives are managed from UK so time differences can be a issue
Staff Auditor
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2017
This was an entry level position after graduation.
I learned about auditing cash and Accounts Receivables and inventory. This was just a bridge before relocating to the US.
Pros
Learning
Its 1 of the most 5 bigest accountant and consulting firm
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal29 July 2017
I all ready did it in the othe company, please see Arthur Andersen, its a very good and te best expirence for all people who are accountant and want to make a career like an accountant
Pros
we lear a lot of thinings and professional issues
Cons
the salary is to low and we workto much
Great learning opportunity early on in career
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
Very low job/work life balance due to busy season hours that go from January to March, salary/benefits are low in comparison to industry opportunities.
The greatest learning experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
Partners & Managers always took time to train staff which provided a great springboard for all junior and intermediate auditors.
Meeting very tight deadlines and ensuring client needs were met was a daily and gratifying part of the job.
Working with fellow professional accountants within the firm and with clients was the best of the job.
Pros
Best training for a professional accountant.
Cons
Very long hours. Not much time left for a social life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.