PwC

PwC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent place to learn
Tax Supervisor (Former Employee), Caracas, VenezuelaApril 9, 2014
Pros: can learn about everything in the business world
Cons: high pressure environment
Working for one of the Big Four public accounting firms taught me how to be an outstanding employee. Everyday you will face new challenges from different clients and you will have the opportunity to show your problem solving skills and managements skills.
Great trainning
Senior Manager Payroll and Accounting Services (Former Employee), Toronto, onFebruary 14, 2014
PWC provide a great trainning as a professional but not necessarily good from salary stand point. Long hours and low salary.
Exordia
Field Tech Manager (Current Employee), Tzaneen, LimpopoJanuary 21, 2014
Support are provided to over 400 users across South Africa.
Working out side your home territory make you feel how powerful is the global networking
Assurance Manager - CIPS (Former Employee), London,January 14, 2014
• Responsible for a team of professionals to deliver quality service to top tier clients in the Assurance practice.
• Develop a flexible annual audit plan for my portfolio using an appropriate risk-based methodology’ and submit that plan to the Assurance Leader for review and approval as well as periodic updates
• Provided conveying solutions to the – more... client's complex business problems through the use of written reports and presentations.
• Advised clients on accounting implications of corporate finance transactions including goodwill minimization strategies and restructuring
• Performed due diligence for several clients prior to acquisition of public entities.
• Audit staff management, motivation, training, recruitment and selection.
• Contributing to strategic planning and development as a member of management team.
• Other areas of responsibility: Resource management, Counselling, Client satisfaction Survey analysis, and training need analysis for practice staff. – less
Multi National corporation with very high expectations to deliver exceptional quality work, great place to learn and build relationships
Experienced Associate (Jr. Accountant) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: job security, future advancement, exposure to multiple industries and organizations, close contact with top level management of million dollar corporations.
Cons: work lifestyle, long hours, stressful
- Travelling to client site, have meetings with client and team members. Obtain assurance over client business processes by conducting tests over high risk areas to satisfy investors and lenders. Coach and lead team members in their areas of work assigned.

- Each day there is something new to be learned or improve. Ex. Develop ways to enhance our testing – more... methodology conducted in prior years by critically thinking of new ways to make work more efficient at the same time improving the quality of work delivered.

- Any improved methodologies or risk identified must be communicated to client and upper level management with my organization. This can be challenging as I will have to provide constructive arguments to prove new approach or risk identified is in fact appropriate.

- It is very challenging to be able to multitask and think critically when you have to meet the tight dead lines with set number of staff assigned to the client project and at the same time working on a separate project in another industry with different team members. This requires patience, strong multi-tasking capabilities, ability to handle stress, and excellent organizational skills.

- I enjoy the feeling of completing projects within the assigned time metric and celebrating with team members on our successful completion. It is also rewarding to hear positive feedback from clients on how they appreciated my work and ethics during the engagement of the project and looking forward to working with me again. – less
Great opportunity to engage in multiple types of engagements and learn the consulting industry
Manager - Consulting and Deals - IT Advisory (Former Employee), Calgary, A;llbertaDecember 18, 2013
I learned a great deal about the consulting side of the business and about the IP that PwC has developed over the years. Working at PwC was a great learning experience for me.
Fun Worplace
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 12, 2013
Friendly environment
Learning curve is very high
People are friendly to deal with
It is what it is.
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2013
Good exposure to clients etc, but a poor culture. I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend.
Productive Workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2013
Pros: christmas parties
Cons: long hours
Very Busy
Team Work
Leadership & Management
Team Players
New Accounting Technology
Pub Night
IT sytaff are treated like second class citizens
Manager Continual Service Improvement (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 24, 2013
Very high expectations of staff. Rewards are aligned to client deliverables, which puts all not client facing staff at a disadvantage.
Great place to start your career
Analyst (Former Employee), delhi, indiaSeptember 10, 2013
PwC's public sector consulting practice is a great place to start your management consulting career.
Equal opportunity to all
Experienced Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2013
PwC provides outstanding training and industry exposure to all.
Work at PWC Jamaica
Tax Consultant (Current Employee), Kingston, Jamaica West IndiesAugust 16, 2013
Pros: excellent top accounting firm to be a part of always delivering the best service
Cons: hard work, long hours with excellent rewards and feeling accomplished
From the portfolio of clients conducting income tax reviews and preparing income tax computations and returns for filing with the Revenue Department and reporting in Financial Statements along with General Conmption Tax reviews. Reviews are done with minimum supervision. Consultants support each other through discussions for correct tax treatment of – more... account balances and amendments to the tax laws. Projects have tight deadlines especially during the tax departments busy season January to March, leading to Jamaica's tax filing deadline of 15 March.

Consultants and management works closely to provide quality work on a timely basis to satisfy our clients. – less
Great Professional inviroment
Senior Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), IranAugust 13, 2013
Pros: challenge and fast learning environment, lots of traveling
- Busy and challenging typical day, there is a new problem to solve every single day and there is a new subject you have to read and learn almost everyday to perform your job with hight quality.
- Open and highly professional and knowledgeable, Management style is flat.
- My coworkers are other professionals like me, there is very close communication – more... and exchange of knowledge. most of the people are great team players.
- The most enjoyable part about the job (apart from the fact that i love Audit) is the everyday challenge and the satisfaction of learning something new and passing your knowledge to your coworkers during each project. – less
Usual work day
Senior Associate (Current Employee), QatarJuly 13, 2013
PwC is great place to work for. Amazing people and very easy to go work environment. PwC is a great place for learning. Anyone can ask anything to anyone at anytime.
Exposure to a variety of industry experience
Senior Consultant, People and Change (Former Employee), 台北市, TaipeiJuly 1, 2013
- the hardest part of his job is to be a self-learner so that when you jump into a project, you know what issues the client is facing and how to best resolve the situation
- what I enjoyed the most is that I could learn something new constantly to widen my horizon
A productive workplace, associating with new hires on board, giving the best of my knowledge and sharing my experience, to promote PwC culture & valu
Purchasing/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), 18 York St, Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Pros: giving guidance with others who are not familiar with the company policy.
Cons: be patience
the most enjoyable part of the job: to be working as a team and fulfill the request of others.
Exciting work environment, always working on new challenges. Kept the work exciting.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 7, 2013
As a Senior Manager I was responsible for supervising multiple audit engagement teams.
Great Place to work
Manager, Advisory (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2013
If I had known how bad my other employers would be, I would have never left PwC! Professional, forward looking and full of opportunities
Director, Technology Consulting (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2013
Great people, excellent culture. Actively engaged in diversity and corporate responsibility initiatives. Good place to work.

Challenging at times due to lack of scale and maturity in certain practice areas.

1 2 3 4 5

About PwC

PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and – Read more