PwC Employee Reviews in Canada

Hated the place.
Something (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
I put in lots of my extra time and used my own money to get projects finished with no thanks or any appreciation. Management is full of conceited useless fools or just plain fools who during job assessments only talked about themselves and how great they were at soccer when they weren't admiring themselves otherwise.
Pros
Cons
Horrible
Fantastic company and wonderful team to work with
Student Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UKApril 14, 2016
My 18 months with PwC UK went from strength to strength and saw many opportunities including a client facing secondment to lead on a graduate recruitment programme as well as being promoted to manager.
Managing two contrasting teams I learnt the importance of listening to the needs of the business and their requirements to ensure my team could work towards these.
My co-workers were fantastic and I helped create a network in the office where people enjoyed the culture.
Pros
people
Cons
A nascent management consulting firm in the early days
Principal Management Consultant - Energy Practice (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2015
PWC developed into industry silos and provided a management consulting service during the start up of this skill offering. Providing SI expertise in the Utilities, Finance, Health industries. The Hardest part of the job was changing clients mid project. The most enjoyable part was the successful delivery of a project,and a happy client.
Pros
Professional training
Cons
Little expertise in mentoring at the time
Busy work enviornment but enjoyable co-workers.
Partner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
Supported three partners
Busy schedules every day
Multitasks, focus and hardworking were a must
Coworkers worked as a team
The most difficult job was to meet billing targets and collection targets for the partners, however, these were also the most enjoyable tasks when we met the targets.
Dynamic and enthusiastic work environment with a strong culture of excellence
Audit Professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work during the busy season include long hours, a lot of work and probably, messy audit conference rooms but also comes with a lot of learning. You will be working with smart (ish) and talented people who definitely make the difference in the quality of work as there is a strong culture for doing things right. You will be learning from others through examples, shadowing and constantly coaching. No matters what level you are in the company, you might be seated one-day receiving coaching from a senior manager or a partner, they want to make sure you learn and understand what you are doing as you will actually be seated in the same chair in the future.
The hardest part of the work is that you might have to forget about leaving at 5.00pm sharp on Fridays or dating your girlfriend during the weekend as you will be working extra hours for sure.
Definitely, besides all the tools (software, hardware, documentation, etc) provided to you for the company to develop a quality work in an efficient manner the best part of working at PwC is the people and the learning you won´t get anywhere else.
Pros
Travel open assignments, training, CPA credits, paid dinner, paid milleage.
Good experience
Senior Associate, Audit and Assurance Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
- people in the firm are great. I have worked with many talented individuals through out the years.
- There are very limited work-life balance as we often spend 60 hours of more to work per week. The deadlines are reality we have to meet.
A very remarkable company to work for
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, UKJune 8, 2016
Working with PwC has helped me to developed my skills. I have gained a wealth of experience working on various transformation projects. Also I had the opportunity to work with a talented team of people. Overall I believe PwC is a wonderful company to work with,
challenging
President (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 29, 2016
Never a dull moment....established a global network of business associates, equipment and technology providers in water, wastewater treatment, renewable energy, sustainable development.
Pros
challenging
good company to start
Experienced Audit Associate (contract) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 22, 2016
good company to start
can learn lots of professional accounting knowledge and most of your co-workers are experts in Accounting
Pros
good culture, can learn a lot
Cons
hard to balance the work and personal life
Excellent company
Manager - Assurance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2015
great place to work!

great benefits

rewarding work experience and environment

leanred alot about pwc clients, GAAP, IFRS

great training availalbe virtually
Pros
ability to work remotely
productive
Debt Solutions Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of supportive co workers and management. A lot of stress in the type of job I held and over time it began to take a toll on my health.
Uptight
Human Resources Administrator Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 15, 2016
Very professional place. People are nice but usually do not go out of their way to talk to you as everyone is very busy. Other than that I got lots of great work to do. Give you a lot of work and autonomy and let you be creative and think out of the box.
Very resourceful place to work
Experienced senior accountant (Current Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 17, 2016
Management team are very knowledgable, very supportive.
Co-workers are very friendly and kind.
With various clients base, every day is a learning process.
Jungle workplace, sweatshopt
SRED Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 19, 2016
Management do not care much, just bottom line, no on the job training, swim or sink, if you don't make it because they don't train you, too bad, you're out. Treat employees like a robot to make their profit, it's all about billable hours.
PwC Review
Directeur en certification (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 8, 2016
PwC is a great place to start off your career as a CPA. Full of challenging opportunities, I recommend it to anyone starting off their career. Work life balance is difficult to achieve however.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
Professional environment
Partner Assistant (Former Employee) –  CairoSeptember 21, 2015
I learned a lot from PWC. I wish all firms be like it. They keep career path very clear. Good compensation regarding to the market
Pros
Continuous Learning
Work focused environment
Expatriate Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Working in an environment where the material learned in schools was applicable was very encouraging in terms of the business field. The employer encouraged all new members to perform to the best of their ability.
Was not a stressful job.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
A typical day at work would be Filing, Shredding, and doing Data Entry.

The most enjoyable thing about the job was working with my mom and her co-workers.
Great Corporate Culture
SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
Builds a strong foundation for work ethic and a great accounting knowledge base. Busy season hours are quite rigorous, and off-season hours are no longer "lite", since 2008.

Great opportunities to travel and work abroad. Great corporate culture.
Pros
Strong Learning & Development
Cons
Long hours, seemingly non-value added work
Place to learn and excel
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
Supportive management which encourages employees to try new things and learn collaboratively. Industry leader in creating and delivering projects with utmost quality and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Agile Environment
Cons
Limited market reach