PwC Employee Reviews

flexible and supportive employer
Staff (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 May 2016
Provides good career advancement. Provides flexibility in workplace - work from home allowed. Provides good salary and benefits. Good training available.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long Hours
Good place to start your career
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
Overall I enjoyed my time at PwC. I made some life long friends and I learnt a lot. My only regret is I didn't leave sooner. This is a great place to start a career but it's very easy to get stuck there. It's not a forward thinking organization, especially if you're working in their marketing group. Navigating the bureaucracy is exhausting and it makes difficult to truly be creative.
Pros
They hire great people.
Cons
Conservative management
Professional work environment
Accounts Receivable clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 October 2016
friendly fast paced professional work environment. Have to meet daily deadlines and ensure continuous workflow of the department.

I've learned how to continue to apply time management skills to meet daily deadline and coordinate with the team to ensure good work flow of the department

Everyone works as a team when needed to overcome any challenges faced and ultimately meet deadline during the busy season hence producing satisfactory results
Great people, very collaborative team
Senior Associate & Co-op (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
-One of the great workplace in terms of people
-Very supportive team, from associates to partners level
-Great culture where people are with different opinion
Pros
Flexibility
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, TAX (Former Employee) –  Vancouver24 November 2016
I loved my time at PwC and met so many wonderful people. Going through the Tax CA program was definitely tough but PwC provided all kinds of support help me pass the UFE. I learned so much working at PwC and think it is a great place to work
Pros
Great flexibility policies
Cons
Long hours during the busy season
Fantastic company and wonderful team to work with
Student Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK14 April 2016
My 18 months with PwC UK went from strength to strength and saw many opportunities including a client facing secondment to lead on a graduate recruitment programme as well as being promoted to manager.
Managing two contrasting teams I learnt the importance of listening to the needs of the business and their requirements to ensure my team could work towards these.
My co-workers were fantastic and I helped create a network in the office where people enjoyed the culture.
Pros
people
Cons
A large firm which will allow you freedom to develop and grow.
Manager, Corporate Advisory and Restructuring (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2016
A good basis to any career and an ideal place to gain your professional qualifications. PwC allows you to refine your skills as a trusted adviser to a wide range of businesses.
Excellent learning enivronment
SENIOR AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Egypt9 December 2016
Routine assignments includes conducting audits and consulting services at clients. obviously one of the best employers in terms of learning and developing. each day you visit a new client, face a new challenge, learn a new cycle, or accounting treatment. The fun part is always meeting new professionals and learning from their diversified experiences.
Pros
Learning and self developing
Cons
long working hours
PwC Review
Directeur en certification (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2016
PwC is a great place to start off your career as a CPA. Full of challenging opportunities, I recommend it to anyone starting off their career. Work life balance is difficult to achieve however.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
good company to start
Experienced Audit Associate (contract) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 July 2016
good company to start
can learn lots of professional accounting knowledge and most of your co-workers are experts in Accounting
Pros
good culture, can learn a lot
Cons
hard to balance the work and personal life
Good place to learn
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
Accounting and bookkeeping for small businesses. I learned new accounting and tax programs. Management was dissent and reasonable. Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Dynamic and enthusiastic work environment with a strong culture of excellence
Audit Professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
A typical day at work during the busy season include long hours, a lot of work and probably, messy audit conference rooms but also comes with a lot of learning. You will be working with smart (ish) and talented people who definitely make the difference in the quality of work as there is a strong culture for doing things right. You will be learning from others through examples, shadowing and constantly coaching. No matters what level you are in the company, you might be seated one-day receiving coaching from a senior manager or a partner, they want to make sure you learn and understand what you are doing as you will actually be seated in the same chair in the future.
The hardest part of the work is that you might have to forget about leaving at 5.00pm sharp on Fridays or dating your girlfriend during the weekend as you will be working extra hours for sure.
Definitely, besides all the tools (software, hardware, documentation, etc) provided to you for the company to develop a quality work in an efficient manner the best part of working at PwC is the people and the learning you won´t get anywhere else.
Pros
Travel open assignments, training, CPA credits, paid dinner, paid milleage.
A very balanced Job Work/Life relation
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, PT16 November 2016
A very balanced Job Work/Life relation. The management its an example for everyone. Training people its the main concern.
Very resourceful place to work
Experienced senior accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary17 August 2016
Management team are very knowledgable, very supportive.
Co-workers are very friendly and kind.
With various clients base, every day is a learning process.
Busy work enviornment but enjoyable co-workers.
Partner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
Supported three partners
Busy schedules every day
Multitasks, focus and hardworking were a must
Coworkers worked as a team
The most difficult job was to meet billing targets and collection targets for the partners, however, these were also the most enjoyable tasks when we met the targets.
Excellent company
Manager - Assurance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2015
great place to work!

great benefits

rewarding work experience and environment

leanred alot about pwc clients, GAAP, IFRS

great training availalbe virtually
Pros
ability to work remotely
Jungle workplace, sweatshopt
SRED Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2016
Management do not care much, just bottom line, no on the job training, swim or sink, if you don't make it because they don't train you, too bad, you're out. Treat employees like a robot to make their profit, it's all about billable hours.
Professional environment
Partner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cairo21 September 2015
I learned a lot from PWC. I wish all firms be like it. They keep career path very clear. Good compensation regarding to the market
Pros
Continuous Learning
Cons
A very remarkable company to work for
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, UK8 June 2016
Working with PwC has helped me to developed my skills. I have gained a wealth of experience working on various transformation projects. Also I had the opportunity to work with a talented team of people. Overall I believe PwC is a wonderful company to work with,
Uptight
Human Resources Administrator Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2016
Very professional place. People are nice but usually do not go out of their way to talk to you as everyone is very busy. Other than that I got lots of great work to do. Give you a lot of work and autonomy and let you be creative and think out of the box.