Pusateri's is known best for its unique selections, superior quality, freshness, and customer service within the grocery business. Over several decades we have built a reputation as one of the world's top fine food emporiums delivering a one-of-a-kind shopping experience for a diverse customer base. With 3 retail locations across the greater Toronto area and 1 state of the art kitchen commissary we are continually improving our service and value with the help of outstanding team members who uphold the traditions of the Pusateri family.
We are currently seeking a Prep Cook to join our team at the Avenue Road location. The Prep Cook plays an integral part to the seamless operations of the culinary aspects of Pusateri’s. The Prep Cook will be responsible for supporting kitchen activities by providing the prepared ingredients for all stations. This person will be executing the preparation of daily kitchen activities, monitoring quality of products and motivating the staff.
- Preps vegetables and fruits efficiently in order to supply all aspects of kitchen for production.
- Take temperature of all fridges and freezers and record on Time Temperature Logs.
- Sanitize surfaces with chemical sanitizer to ensure above and beyond cleanliness.
- Plating foods to ensure proper aesthetic presentation of food items.
- Rotating products using date rotation methods and the removal of expired product.
- Communication with other departments on needs.
- Assist other departments if required.
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the culinary field an asset.
- Ability to consistently follow recipe and execute large demands of food items.
- Above standard knife skills, accuracy and speed.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization skills to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours if requested.
If you are interested in joining a team committed to delivering the highest standards of service and quality, please submit your resume by email. Please know we welcome all applications however only qualified candidates will be contacted.