Purolator Employee Reviews

Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2016
The logistics division at Purolator is a very family oriented environment. The expectations and workload are extremely large but the benefits outweigh the negatives by far.
Pros
Family Atmosphere, Open Minded management
Cons
Long Hours
Most of the employees were not sociable.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & CASH APPLICATIONS PERSON (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 June 2016
I choose not to submit a review for my last employer, PUROLATOR, since it will be publicly posted on INDEED's website.

There were a lot of Management changes in my short time @ PUROLATOR.

I worked for the FREIGHT division, but most of the employees worked for the COURIER division.

The Benefits were the best part of the job.
Pros
They had great company benefits.
Cons
It was not a friendly or sociable workplace.
Purolator is a large firm with many excellent opportunities in various departments , with some very nice and productive people .
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 June 2016
Flexible hours
Great staff - very professional
Sound decision making
Fair compensation package
I enjoyed my time working for this company , had great coworkers, managers, and the job /role was fun, exciting and challenging for many years.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Tough economy / competitive market
Friendly and Easy going people
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 May 2016
Worked for 1 year so far, the majority of employees are friendly and cooperative. It is enjoyable environment overall. the company has very good salary pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, minimum work stress
Cons
Job security, lack of specialization and technology
Hard, Constant, Fast paste
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
I would get into work, start unloading the trailers. we would unload about 10-15 trailers a day or more. I learned how to keep up a fast paste while doing constant heavy lifting, the management is very strict, but also reasonable at times. The people i work with are very friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the day is when everyone is trying to finish up the trailers before the end of the day. The part i would enjoy the most of the day is working with my co-workers as a team.
Pros
Buy lunch at the lunch room
Cons
7:15pm to 11:15pm
great
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2016
its a good company to work with. i had good salary and benefits. managers were very understiang. would love to work from them. if they didnt outsource i woould still haave a job.work 9-5 great hours
good place to work
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2016
do deliveries and pickups in south side of edmonton this is a good job why am appling for part time positions in agriculture is to enjoy the country, use to working long hours and just fo fill in my vacation of one week with some extra work.
Highly productive but unionized working environment
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 September 2016
The job is highly physically demanding. On average a worker would burn at least 800 calories within the 4 hour shift. Sweating is common as a Purolator employee. Fortunately, employees are unionized so that helps empower the workers. However, management tends to be aggressive despite the fact that they possessed little power over the workers.
Pros
Workers are unionized
Cons
Working conditions are sub par
Fast paced and fun
Shipper/ Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2016
I learnt a lot about the shipping and delivery industry. I worked there when they had a lot of goods coming in because Canada Post was on strike. It was like the boxes were never ending, but somehow we managed to get through that period and successfully deliver the overflow. You get an idea of what people in Winnipeg are buying and selling which is very valuable information. My manager would join us once in a while to load and unload boxes, and overall it was a very good place to work.
Purolator Review
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2016
Purolator is well balanced and hes a well paced work flow. the time slots are of many to choose from and they are constantly trying to promote employees to higher positions first before they hire outside the company. since it is a shipping company the start of the week we get a lot of volume. I am a team leader so I have to make sure i assist my manager around the mailsort and communicate any potential problems that may occur. co-wokers are friendly and everyone knows how to work various positions well if someone is off or a certain are needs help in general. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of the job when the freight exceeds what we are capable of sorting. Some nights we get volumes of over 150 000 pieces and its very hard to finish sorting them on time so overtime is offered. I like that purolator offers you various training so that you have options about what you want to do in the future.
Wonderful atmosphere with positive morale
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 October 2015
Purolator is a fantastic company to work for. The Management team is very supportive on your day to day productivity and are eager to help whenever needed. I enjoy the company of my colleagues. I need to be challenged and the job consists of answering in-bound calls by the minute which can get quite monotonous.
Pros
Benefits paid 100%, competitive salary
Cons
Part-time hours, no variety
GOOD SALES CULTURE
Inside Sales, Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2015
Good place to work. Good management team. Salary is not that good but its been over 10 years since i been their Good commission pay outs and outstanding sales culture
enjoyable
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 September 2016
I very much enjoyed working for the company. I was pleased with the weekly pay structure. I was sad to be laid off after 2 years of service due to slow time
Pros
weekly pays
Cons
changed to contract hirees
Mount hope
Reo (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON9 August 2016
Management are brutal so unfair their is too much favoritism and managers waste a lot of money . they are afraid of certain ppl
breack of 30 min every day
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2016
being on time every day morning cutting 350 Km in 8 hours.
i liked this job because there are a lot of fun talking with people, dealing with stores, enjoying the going and coming back.
overall good
am sorter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2016
overall good job the want change and wanna do a day job working for this company for 4 years now my overall experiance is good while working for this company
High Demanding job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2016
At Purolator I was responsible for loading and unloading the trucks each day. We were under a time crunch as it was during the postal strike. I would lift boxes and some may weigh 120+ lbs
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Short hours
Changes at Purolator have helped my make my decision to change paths
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 September 2016
enjoyed my time with Purolator , however it is time for a change. I have learned many things, made many friends and loved working as a team.
Productive and fun workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2016
I enjoyed working for Purolator. They really care about their employees and make sure we are happy. Purolator has taught me alot about logistics, teamwork and effective sales techniques.
productive and fun workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
I've learned there to manage my work time more efficiently which is crucial in dispatching. It is a night shift which is not pleasant in my opinion. But manager is the best I have had so far, and the crew there is not bad at all
Pros
overall easy work after a while
Cons
night shift