Purolator Employee Reviews

Company is good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Martin Grove Gardens, ON20 January 2018
It is too far from my home and they give only one or two shifts in a week. It is difficult for me to go so far just only for two shifts so that's why i had leave this work in the minth of december
J’ai apprécier
Trieur (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC18 January 2018
J’ai aimé travailler chez purolator pour toute sorte de raison comme par exemple; l’equipe de travaille, les horaires et les gerants sont très compréhensifs
Pros
Horaire
Cons
Aucun
Friendly team of workers
Am sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2018
Night shift was great lots of work and overtime offered, pay was great, holidays were always ridiculously busy, could be in your own world and just work away, or be outgoing and it make the nights fly by .
Pros
Days off
Cons
Holdidays super busy
Terrible management! Worst job I've ever had.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 January 2018
I had one of my worst working experiences ever in my career with Purolator. Not only is the work environment completely unsafe in certain stations, and probably committing several labour board violations, but the management is terrible. Not just terrible, but dumbfoundingly disrespectful and ignorant. They treat you like garbage and expect the world. They are rude and ignorant to you on a daily basis, except for their select favourite employees. I honestly dont know how they are managers and why Purolator accepts this behaviour. I took it because I want to advance up to a courier position and make a career with Purolator. So I paid my dues. I worked VERY hard to prove myself. But after less than 2 months, half way through our shift, the manager comes up to me, and my co worker who started with me, and says "so, you're probably getting laid off. Not sure when." I was dumbfounded. This location is very busy and we were barely keeping up as it was. I'm an extremely hard worker and was friends now with my co workers, who are equally upset. When I asked him why, he says "well we don't have to keep you past 3 months." When I asked him when for sure I'd be getting laid off so I could look for a new job, after turning down offers for this job, he shrugs at me and walks away. That's just an example of how disrespectful these people are and how little they care about you. Do yourself a favour a work for a better company that will treat you like a person.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Ignorant and disrespectful management, dangerous non safe work environment, Don't care about their employees, and much much more
magnifique
Journalier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 January 2018
j'ai eu de tres bonne souvenirs à travailler pour purolator
good place to work
Ramp agent/Dock lead hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2018
Pretty good place to work the position I was in is no Longer available since the Air side of the plant is no longer in operation. the dock is still there and is good for young people
Hope to become part of the team permanently
Temporary AM Sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 December 2017
T'was a rigorous and fun time working with Purolator. You just need stamina, an upbeat personality to beat the others. Truly, a mindset to expect the unexpected (delay of shipment/cargo).
Pros
Safety, Training, Fresh set of work apparel except for steel-toes.
Cons
They were not kidding about handling, an estimate of 700 pieces, of packages per hour, during the holiday season.
Purolator
Warehouse Sorter (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 December 2017
good company, with shifts night and day. very organized and
very busy keeping you moving throughout the shift.
there are delivery drivers packers ,truck driving
Purolator
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON12 December 2017
Great place to work and learn how work with a very fast paced environment. Advancement is there within the company you just need to prove youself to be a good worker and quick learner.
Pros
great pay, great benefits and tons of awesome people.
Cons
nights
Phisicaly demanding, stressful.
Utility Courier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
Typical day involves delivering packages of various sizes and weights. Often heavy packages. Stressful job even for experienced employees.
Job seems to be easy on paper but reality is different.
Pros
Good top pay rate.
Cons
Stressful, physicaly heavy.

Want to know more about Purolator?

Ask a question
Intense but rewarding
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB7 December 2017
Working at purolator is an intense experience. The benefits are amazing. The work is hard and intense. Union benefits are also a plus, as well as every weekend off.
Pros
Weekends off, high pay and benifits
Cons
Hard long hours
Productive and fun working atmosphere
Administrative Asst Security & Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 November 2017
Would love to discuss with an opportunity with any organazation/s. Have signed a disclaimer with current postion not to reveal any information unless one knows of.
Pros
Millage awarded
Cons
not to speak of
fun fast paced place to work
Sorter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2017
cool place to work, nice pay, friendly higher ups .... they try their best to make work as enjoyable as possible while maintaining a professional workplace culture
Pros
generous managers
Cons
strenuous lifting
Review
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2017
Pay is above average, work is routine & monotonous. Office is bland but comfortable. Unionized environment means there's little room for advancement for new employees. Managers seem too comfortable maintaining status quo and resist change.
Don't waste your time!
AM Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 November 2017
They advertise that it is a great place to work for, but in all reality the only perk to this place was the wage. The job is nothing like they tell you it is, training isn't great and the hiring process is extremely long and tedious.
Pros
Wage
Cons
A lot
Great place for work
PM Dock, Retail, and Clerical Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 November 2017
Great managers that look after staff work/life balance. Allows for individual flexibility to execute jobs that contribute to the team's performance outcomes.
Pros
espirit de corps
Cons
hectic pace
small and quiet place to work.
Purolator cashier/package receiver/organiser (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC21 November 2017
On a typical day at work, there was a large list of responsibilities such as opening the store, receiving the daily package shipment and logging them, making close to 100 phone calls a day and signing out packages to nearly 100 customers daily. As well as answering the phone and making outgoing shipments, the clothing/consignment store next door required daily upkeep and organisation.

As the only employee, I learned to deal with unpleasant customers and a heavy workload on my own with the occasional help from the manager as well as debit and other technology related troubles.

Management was great and the owner of the location kept things easy and tidy and helped the learning process go smoothly.

The hardest part of the job was; as a lone employee; taking on multiple stores and customers all at once. Line ups started off as stressful as they were always stretched out the door but as the days went by the job became easier.

Shockingly enough, the most enjoyable part of the job was organising the consignment store and growing to deal with rude or unpleasant customers, dealing with these types of people is really easy and entertaining for me and it helps me deal with situations in the workplace.
Pros
experience, friends, cozy workplace
Cons
long lonely hours, many phone-calls
Prison orange
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Vulcan Rd14 November 2017
Life with low pay at government owned Purolator means you gotta stay home more. Like doing jail time with hard labour. You have to wear prison orange at all times, stay within the barbed fence compound, and behave yourself under video surveillance, with a daily shake down at security with metal detectors, and X-ray, etc.
Pros
You dont have to stay.
Cons
No breaks
L'environement etait tres agreable
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2017
Si se n'etait pas pour les coupures, j'aurais ete toujours avec la compagnie
Pros
Des gens
somewhat relax atmosphere
Clerical Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2017
Sort packages by size and Air or Ground for shipping, collects, process clients info from packages into the system before bagging it for mailing, make sure that all the clients info in our system is accurate.
Pros
Good hrs
Cons
Not a relax or comfortable place to work.