Purolator Employee Reviews

fun to work with love making others smiles and ask if everything is okay with them.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
it was fun working there grave yard shift and i like it. the manager was great and make me work and fun place to work cause we work has a team and helpful cause there is many people who always are there to help you fit in.
Pros
always bring my own lunch
Fast Paced Environment
Utility Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
Company is in the process to cut back . The union is negotiating a new contract starting in 2017. The management is disorganized and causes more confusion within the company. There are lot of deliveries to be made every day but no jobs available. I was let go due to being hired as a temporary Christmas help even though full time drivers were bringing back deliveries. Its tough to get a full time job there. All for the sake of corporate profits.
Pros
Great bunch of guys to work with
Cons
Management Incopetent
Great job terrible management at local depot
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON2 February 2017
I really enjoyed this job and the people i worked with i just think that the management was terrible and did not treat employees the way they deserved.
Pros
Good physical labour
Cons
Split shift
productive and fun
Courier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 January 2017
typical day at work is sorting of company vehicles
deliver/pick up packages commercial & residential
working in freight trailers
hardest part of the job is working night shifts
the most enjoyable part is delivering residential, being able to deal with people
Pros
sometimes get tipped
Cons
seniority based
Busy Courier Company
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 January 2017
On a very typical day as a driver/courier you would go to your truck check out all your stops, delivery's to do for your full day with also being able to do all the pickup's as well...
Pros
Good Co-Workers
hardworking place, great staff
Courier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
i first started as a pm dock sorter then eventually applied to be a courier. At first it was hard but i liked the fact that it was hard work and you really had to earn your money. Management is great they really try and help you get as much hours as they can give you because they not only do their job but they also care which is what i liked.
Purolator is a great company with diversity
Quality Assurance (QA) Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 January 2017
Purolator is a professional courier company and a school that teaches excellence in customer service. As an employee, I have learned a lot and accumulated wealth of experience that is hard to earn in a short time.
Many years ago
Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Ab.12 January 2017
I found many friends and acquaintances while work with Purolator. Advancement is possible for the person who is seeking to move ahead in their career.
Pros
Healthy enviorment
Cons
Not many
Great Job
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
Scanned packages daily into their locations, opening store duties. Dealt with daily regular cliental and public. Delivered packages to internal clients, assisted people is filling out paper and online information to send packages around the world. Cashier functions, answered phones, weighted packages, basic household cleaning.
Pros
Great group of people to work with.
Awesome Team Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 December 2016
I loved working here because of the team environment and interacting with all sorts of different people every day. I definitely learned to work with different kinds of personalities and dispositions. I would happily work here again.
good physical job
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 December 2016
it was i job that is good if you want to stay in shape or get back into shape, you are always moving. same as going to the gym everyday
Pros
good workout
Cons
not much place to move up
Customer Services Representative
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB14 December 2016
good place to work, learn how to do a pick up, answer inbound calls, team leaders, supervisors, managers, the hardest part of the job is when customers get angry, management is awesome
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Fast paced and fun
Shipper/ Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2016
I learnt a lot about the shipping and delivery industry. I worked there when they had a lot of goods coming in because Canada Post was on strike. It was like the boxes were never ending, but somehow we managed to get through that period and successfully deliver the overflow. You get an idea of what people in Winnipeg are buying and selling which is very valuable information. My manager would join us once in a while to load and unload boxes, and overall it was a very good place to work.
Great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2016
Long tenured people, loyal, smart and hardworking. Challenging place to work due to change of leadership, lacking direction and necessary investment to compete.
overall good
am sorter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2016
overall good job the want change and wanna do a day job working for this company for 4 years now my overall experiance is good while working for this company
Hard, Constant, Fast paste
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
I would get into work, start unloading the trailers. we would unload about 10-15 trailers a day or more. I learned how to keep up a fast paste while doing constant heavy lifting, the management is very strict, but also reasonable at times. The people i work with are very friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the day is when everyone is trying to finish up the trailers before the end of the day. The part i would enjoy the most of the day is working with my co-workers as a team.
Pros
Buy lunch at the lunch room
Cons
7:15pm to 11:15pm
High Demanding job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2016
At Purolator I was responsible for loading and unloading the trucks each day. We were under a time crunch as it was during the postal strike. I would lift boxes and some may weigh 120+ lbs
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Short hours
Changes at Purolator have helped my make my decision to change paths
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 September 2016
enjoyed my time with Purolator , however it is time for a change. I have learned many things, made many friends and loved working as a team.
breack of 30 min every day
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2016
being on time every day morning cutting 350 Km in 8 hours.
i liked this job because there are a lot of fun talking with people, dealing with stores, enjoying the going and coming back.
enjoyable
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 September 2016
I very much enjoyed working for the company. I was pleased with the weekly pay structure. I was sad to be laid off after 2 years of service due to slow time
Pros
weekly pays
Cons
changed to contract hirees