Purolator Employee Reviews

Changes at Purolator have helped my make my decision to change paths
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 19, 2016
enjoyed my time with Purolator , however it is time for a change. I have learned many things, made many friends and loved working as a team.
breack of 30 min every day
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 18, 2016
being on time every day morning cutting 350 Km in 8 hours.
i liked this job because there are a lot of fun talking with people, dealing with stores, enjoying the going and coming back.
enjoyable
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 18, 2016
I very much enjoyed working for the company. I was pleased with the weekly pay structure. I was sad to be laid off after 2 years of service due to slow time
Pros
weekly pays
Cons
changed to contract hirees
Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2016
The logistics division at Purolator is a very family oriented environment. The expectations and workload are extremely large but the benefits outweigh the negatives by far.
Pros
Family Atmosphere, Open Minded management
Cons
Long Hours
Highly productive but unionized working environment
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 5, 2016
The job is highly physically demanding. On average a worker would burn at least 800 calories within the 4 hour shift. Sweating is common as a Purolator employee. Fortunately, employees are unionized so that helps empower the workers. However, management tends to be aggressive despite the fact that they possessed little power over the workers.
Pros
Workers are unionized
Cons
Working conditions are sub par
good place to work
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 29, 2016
do deliveries and pickups in south side of edmonton this is a good job why am appling for part time positions in agriculture is to enjoy the country, use to working long hours and just fo fill in my vacation of one week with some extra work.
Productive and fun workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for Purolator. They really care about their employees and make sure we are happy. Purolator has taught me alot about logistics, teamwork and effective sales techniques.
Mount hope
Reo (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ONAugust 9, 2016
Management are brutal so unfair their is too much favoritism and managers waste a lot of money . they are afraid of certain ppl
productive and fun workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
I've learned there to manage my work time more efficiently which is crucial in dispatching. It is a night shift which is not pleasant in my opinion. But manager is the best I have had so far, and the crew there is not bad at all
Pros
overall easy work after a while
Cons
night shift
Opportunities for growth and advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 22, 2016
Very demanding job but advanced through the company. Opportunities for growth.
Diverse crew working there
Very busy job at certain times of the year.
Purolator Review
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2016
Purolator is well balanced and hes a well paced work flow. the time slots are of many to choose from and they are constantly trying to promote employees to higher positions first before they hire outside the company. since it is a shipping company the start of the week we get a lot of volume. I am a team leader so I have to make sure i assist my manager around the mailsort and communicate any potential problems that may occur. co-wokers are friendly and everyone knows how to work various positions well if someone is off or a certain are needs help in general. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of the job when the freight exceeds what we are capable of sorting. Some nights we get volumes of over 150 000 pieces and its very hard to finish sorting them on time so overtime is offered. I like that purolator offers you various training so that you have options about what you want to do in the future.
Purolator is a large firm with many excellent opportunities in various departments , with some very nice and productive people .
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2016
Flexible hours
Great staff - very professional
Sound decision making
Fair compensation package
I enjoyed my time working for this company , had great coworkers, managers, and the job /role was fun, exciting and challenging for many years.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Tough economy / competitive market
purolator
am sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2016
honestly purolator is a great company to work for, i made good money and i had some fun times there with other employees. But they only care about the numbers and safety is not as much as a priority as they say it is. Also some of the managers do not understand a job that they have not done before.
productive work place
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 8, 2016
a typical day at work is doing preventive maintenance and repairs to machines and equipment. my hardest part of the is to make sure i finish all my repairs.
Most of the employees were not sociable.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & CASH APPLICATIONS PERSON (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 4, 2016
I choose not to submit a review for my last employer, PUROLATOR, since it will be publicly posted on INDEED's website.

There were a lot of Management changes in my short time @ PUROLATOR.

I worked for the FREIGHT division, but most of the employees worked for the COURIER division.

The Benefits were the best part of the job.
Pros
They had great company benefits.
Cons
It was not a friendly or sociable workplace.
Fast past work mostly hands on
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
Fast paste working
Learned how to use converter belt,
Management is hard on workers
Co-workers are helpful and friendly
Being able to learn new departments
No Focous
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2016
The fall to the feet of Canada Post. No innovations, no leadership. Management is all over the place. The only good thing wad the benfits
Friendly and Easy going people
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 24, 2016
Worked for 1 year so far, the majority of employees are friendly and cooperative. It is enjoyable environment overall. the company has very good salary pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, minimum work stress
Cons
Job security, lack of specialization and technology
Field Work support
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 20, 2016
The support work done was important to deal with the clients and customer.
Helping customer on emails and also on phone if required due to geographical locations challenge.
fun place to work wit really nice management
Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 12, 2016
love working here, its been 5 years m here. its just slow and hours are not enough , if i get opportunity to something good i will defintly consider it