Purolator Employee Reviews

Purolator is a great company with diversity
Quality Assurance (QA) Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 January 2017
Purolator is a professional courier company and a school that teaches excellence in customer service. As an employee, I have learned a lot and accumulated wealth of experience that is hard to earn in a short time.
Many years ago
Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Ab.12 January 2017
I found many friends and acquaintances while work with Purolator. Advancement is possible for the person who is seeking to move ahead in their career.
Pros
Healthy enviorment
Cons
Not many
Great Job
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
Scanned packages daily into their locations, opening store duties. Dealt with daily regular cliental and public. Delivered packages to internal clients, assisted people is filling out paper and online information to send packages around the world. Cashier functions, answered phones, weighted packages, basic household cleaning.
Pros
Great group of people to work with.
Awesome Team Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 December 2016
I loved working here because of the team environment and interacting with all sorts of different people every day. I definitely learned to work with different kinds of personalities and dispositions. I would happily work here again.
good physical job
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 December 2016
it was i job that is good if you want to stay in shape or get back into shape, you are always moving. same as going to the gym everyday
Pros
good workout
Cons
not much place to move up
Customer Services Representative
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB14 December 2016
good place to work, learn how to do a pick up, answer inbound calls, team leaders, supervisors, managers, the hardest part of the job is when customers get angry, management is awesome
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Fast paced and fun
Shipper/ Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2016
I learnt a lot about the shipping and delivery industry. I worked there when they had a lot of goods coming in because Canada Post was on strike. It was like the boxes were never ending, but somehow we managed to get through that period and successfully deliver the overflow. You get an idea of what people in Winnipeg are buying and selling which is very valuable information. My manager would join us once in a while to load and unload boxes, and overall it was a very good place to work.
Great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2016
Long tenured people, loyal, smart and hardworking. Challenging place to work due to change of leadership, lacking direction and necessary investment to compete.
overall good
am sorter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2016
overall good job the want change and wanna do a day job working for this company for 4 years now my overall experiance is good while working for this company
Hard, Constant, Fast paste
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
I would get into work, start unloading the trailers. we would unload about 10-15 trailers a day or more. I learned how to keep up a fast paste while doing constant heavy lifting, the management is very strict, but also reasonable at times. The people i work with are very friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the day is when everyone is trying to finish up the trailers before the end of the day. The part i would enjoy the most of the day is working with my co-workers as a team.
Pros
Buy lunch at the lunch room
Cons
7:15pm to 11:15pm
High Demanding job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2016
At Purolator I was responsible for loading and unloading the trucks each day. We were under a time crunch as it was during the postal strike. I would lift boxes and some may weigh 120+ lbs
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Short hours
Changes at Purolator have helped my make my decision to change paths
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 September 2016
enjoyed my time with Purolator , however it is time for a change. I have learned many things, made many friends and loved working as a team.
breack of 30 min every day
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2016
being on time every day morning cutting 350 Km in 8 hours.
i liked this job because there are a lot of fun talking with people, dealing with stores, enjoying the going and coming back.
enjoyable
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 September 2016
I very much enjoyed working for the company. I was pleased with the weekly pay structure. I was sad to be laid off after 2 years of service due to slow time
Pros
weekly pays
Cons
changed to contract hirees
Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2016
The logistics division at Purolator is a very family oriented environment. The expectations and workload are extremely large but the benefits outweigh the negatives by far.
Pros
Family Atmosphere, Open Minded management
Cons
Long Hours
Highly productive but unionized working environment
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 September 2016
The job is highly physically demanding. On average a worker would burn at least 800 calories within the 4 hour shift. Sweating is common as a Purolator employee. Fortunately, employees are unionized so that helps empower the workers. However, management tends to be aggressive despite the fact that they possessed little power over the workers.
Pros
Workers are unionized
Cons
Working conditions are sub par
good place to work
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2016
do deliveries and pickups in south side of edmonton this is a good job why am appling for part time positions in agriculture is to enjoy the country, use to working long hours and just fo fill in my vacation of one week with some extra work.
Productive and fun workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2016
I enjoyed working for Purolator. They really care about their employees and make sure we are happy. Purolator has taught me alot about logistics, teamwork and effective sales techniques.
Mount hope
Reo (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON9 August 2016
Management are brutal so unfair their is too much favoritism and managers waste a lot of money . they are afraid of certain ppl
productive and fun workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
I've learned there to manage my work time more efficiently which is crucial in dispatching. It is a night shift which is not pleasant in my opinion. But manager is the best I have had so far, and the crew there is not bad at all
Pros
overall easy work after a while
Cons
night shift