Purolator Employee Reviews in Canada

Wonderful atmosphere with positive morale
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 19, 2015
Purolator is a fantastic company to work for. The Management team is very supportive on your day to day productivity and are eager to help whenever needed. I enjoy the company of my colleagues. I need to be challenged and the job consists of answering in-bound calls by the minute which can get quite monotonous.
Pros
Benefits paid 100%, competitive salary
Cons
Part-time hours, no variety
GOOD SALES CULTURE
Inside Sales, Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 30, 2015
Good place to work. Good management team. Salary is not that good but its been over 10 years since i been their Good commission pay outs and outstanding sales culture
Purolator Review
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2016
Purolator is well balanced and hes a well paced work flow. the time slots are of many to choose from and they are constantly trying to promote employees to higher positions first before they hire outside the company. since it is a shipping company the start of the week we get a lot of volume. I am a team leader so I have to make sure i assist my manager around the mailsort and communicate any potential problems that may occur. co-wokers are friendly and everyone knows how to work various positions well if someone is off or a certain are needs help in general. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of the job when the freight exceeds what we are capable of sorting. Some nights we get volumes of over 150 000 pieces and its very hard to finish sorting them on time so overtime is offered. I like that purolator offers you various training so that you have options about what you want to do in the future.
great
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2016
its a good company to work with. i had good salary and benefits. managers were very understiang. would love to work from them. if they didnt outsource i woould still haave a job.work 9-5 great hours
Fun team environment.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 4, 2016
I have learned skills like organization and time management skills from this company. Management is very friendly and helpful.
work place

good work life balance

good salary

good environment

good team work
Most of the employees were not sociable.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & CASH APPLICATIONS PERSON (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 4, 2016
I choose not to submit a review for my last employer, PUROLATOR, since it will be publicly posted on INDEED's website.

There were a lot of Management changes in my short time @ PUROLATOR.

I worked for the FREIGHT division, but most of the employees worked for the COURIER division.

The Benefits were the best part of the job.
Pros
They had great company benefits.
Cons
It was not a friendly or sociable workplace.
Purolator is a large firm with many excellent opportunities in various departments , with some very nice and productive people .
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2016
Flexible hours
Great staff - very professional
Sound decision making
Fair compensation package
I enjoyed my time working for this company , had great coworkers, managers, and the job /role was fun, exciting and challenging for many years.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Tough economy / competitive market
Chaotic and busy environment
Warehouse Sorter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Tasks were typically extremely overloaded, unless I was designated more manageable positions. I had learned how to work in a fast paced environment. Co-workers generally did whatever they could to complete the work that was required of them, however sloppy it may have been. The hardest part of this job was to maintain the organization of parcels, while trying to cope with the fast pace that was required. Nothing was enjoyable about this job.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Chaotic environment
Interesting co-workers
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 22, 2016
The work was consistent, I unloaded the trailers with one other individual. Dealing with management was a nightmare. 5/10
Pros
water cooler
Cons
unrealistic expectations
Satisfactory
Dock Hand (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
paid by the minute.
Cons
Not enough hours
purolator
am sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2016
honestly purolator is a great company to work for, i made good money and i had some fun times there with other employees. But they only care about the numbers and safety is not as much as a priority as they say it is. Also some of the managers do not understand a job that they have not done before.
Friendly and Easy going people
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 24, 2016
Worked for 1 year so far, the majority of employees are friendly and cooperative. It is enjoyable environment overall. the company has very good salary pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, minimum work stress
Cons
Job security, lack of specialization and technology
Fast paced with good people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 29, 2015
worked me very hard and I wasn't used to it because I did sales jobs for years. But thanks to amazing co workers and management I got rather proficient at my daily tasks.
minimal personal time with most employees
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 3, 2015
11 to 13 hr days, loaded truck in the AM left building got back in the evening, drove 300kms/day lower management just puppet to district manager no decision without going to him
Pros
self emploted
Cons
district manager
Field Work support
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 20, 2016
The support work done was important to deal with the clients and customer.
Helping customer on emails and also on phone if required due to geographical locations challenge.
fun place to work wit really nice management
Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 12, 2016
love working here, its been 5 years m here. its just slow and hours are not enough , if i get opportunity to something good i will defintly consider it
Fast past work mostly hands on
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
Fast paste working
Learned how to use converter belt,
Management is hard on workers
Co-workers are helpful and friendly
Being able to learn new departments
productive work place
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 8, 2016
a typical day at work is doing preventive maintenance and repairs to machines and equipment. my hardest part of the is to make sure i finish all my repairs.
A very busy workplace.
Shipping / Receiving and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  EtobicokeOctober 19, 2015
It was a very good work experience. I got to know many people there. The management was always there to help me. The most enjoyable part was that i was working for Purolator.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Less hours