PUROLATOR INC Employee Reviews

gym
cafe
zen garden
shopping shops
they were good companies to work for I enjoyed the crowd.. meeting new people everyday
fun environment
always something to do
Pros
incentive
Cons
Rush
best place to work with the good pay and great benefits
Ramp equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 August 2017
It was always a challenging job
I learned to work in fast pace
MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT
workplace culture was friendly
hard part was working outside in cold
good part was short hours good pay
Fast paced - always changing
Manager, Billing Control / Testing Excellence (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB31 July 2017
Like many large corporations the company is always working in a changing environment to minimize expenses and maximize growth and profits. Good place to work.
Great place to work, just need more of a challenge
National Accounts Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2017
I have been working for Purolator Inc. for over 2 years as a National Contracts Specialist. This position has strengthened my organizational, team management and communication skills. I have been given great opportunities to assist other departments as a way to learn more about my role on a larger scale. However, at this point in my career I am looking for a position that utilizes my skills on a more expertise level.
Great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
Overall this was a great place to work. The pay is very generous once you're outside the probationary period. The work is pretty darn hard but it is rewarded and the hours are usually not bad. Overtime is often available.
Not much call for day time work, but if you don't mind afternoons and overnights, it's a great place. You're so busy most of the time, the hours fly by and you don't even notice you've done a full 8 hour day.
Hot and cold days get extra breaks for water, cooldowns and warm up.
Company provided free training for many courses, options to take outside training programs and have portions paid for, almost all the managers are great and have been brought up and trained from floor employees so they know how hard employees have to work so with that understanding they are flexible in many cases.
H.R. people listen and help, awesome benefits. If I had the chance in the future I would definitely give it a strong consideration to return.
Pros
Training opportunities, great pay, hard work
Cons
Serious risks during economic downturns
Its a union based
Business Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 June 2017
I liked to work as my own business owner. I used hold contracts in Purolator, work culture is good just the management issues. My set goals were different so I had lived my contract.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 June 2017
Long hours, pay not reflective of the work you have to put in as a management professional.

Number of task required to fulfill on a daily basis is challenging to complete within the time frame of your day
Pros
Flexiblity
Okay workplace
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2017
It used to be a good place to work but last 5 years, they have undergone a lots of changes....new President, Layoffs and very stressfull since staffing is down to lean bone. Cost cutting measures also affected benefits, vacations and sick leaves.
Pros
Stress provides good training....depending on which department and management you belong under.
Cons
Stressful.
Almost the perfect job
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 May 2017
What can I say, without good management, things go amuck and employees get discouraged. There needs to be positive employee engagement, and recognition for a job well done, or employees do not feel appreciated and moral plummets.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management/employee relationships
Cool place, very rewarding.
Bilingual Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2017
It definitely was the best type of sales - base + commission. Having the name Purolator when you're closing deals with customers is fairly easy. Nothing but a good experience.
Company under reorganization. Good people. Stressful and high volume.
A/R Adjustor, Collector & Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2017
My experience was stressful with unreasonable expectations is high volume work. Difficult to establish work life balance. Reaching set goals was unrealistic and frustrating therefore unsatisfying. Enjoyed the people and managers. I believe if the department was not being restructured the environment would have been better. Lay offs, outsourcing, many changes were going on at the time.
Pros
Work experience, and good managers and co-workers
Cons
Stressful high volume workload, minimal training, unattainable goals set
Great company to work for
Liaison Collector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2017
This is a great company to work for, work at your own pace, every day bring new exciting experience, you learn something everyday, management and staff are great support and friendly.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
short lunch
Customer focused
Field Service Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2017
Learned how the management wants their employees to work.
The hardest part of job lots of administration work to be taken care off and less IT related
Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2017
Purolator is a very family oriented environment. The expectations and workload are extremely large but the benefits outweigh the negatives.
Flexible hours
Great staff - very professional
Sound decision making
Fair compensation package
I enjoyed my time working for this company , had great coworkers, managers, and the job /role was fun, exciting and challenging for many years.
Fun workplace
Retail Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
Management is great, with a number of different locations to move to. Always room to move up in the company when another position becomes available.
Good Place to work
Promotes within
Promotes work life balance
Innovative
Fun
Challenges you on a daily basis to succeed through people
Senior District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
Created a challenge on a daily basis, rewarded by the employees and management team aligning their efforts to deliver a positive customer experience.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Downsizing
Balanced environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2016
Great employment appreciation days. Flexible with management. Coworkers great to work with giving it a light hearted environment to work in. Great computer software systems used here.
love it love it
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2016
I love working
I would love to go back and work here
I wish my dept didn't relocate. my manager was great ..
day was great yo were responsible for your own stuff... no one was always watchingover you..
Pros
good company
Cons
good company
I really enjoyed my time at Purolator and was sad to have to leave due to my class schedule. Such a fun place to work and a rewarding job!
Vehicle Maintenance/ Sort (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 November 2015
When I started at Purolator, I applied for a truck parking position. It worked perfectly with my school schedule while still allowing me to have a work/life balance. My trainer was very patient and calm the whole training period. Once I managed to park the trucks in a reasonable time, backing them all inside the building, I began washing them as well. After that I began to show up early on days when my class schedule allowed. Over the summer months I offered to help them sort the afternoon packages and really got to know my coworkers. Virtually everyone was happy and typically positive. After I began to help with PM dock, I was trained to cover for my lead hand while he went on holidays. I was always excited to learn new tasks and help everyone out. The hardest part of my job was the first couple of shifts by myself. I was not a strong parallel-parker in the beginning and was very nervous about the required proximity. They had faith in me, so I had faith in me, which worked! I improved rapidly. The best part of my job was enjoying going to work and feeling appreciated.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Extreme outdoor temperatures