PUROLATOR INC Employee Reviews

love it love it
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2016
I love working
I would love to go back and work here
I wish my dept didn't relocate. my manager was great ..
day was great yo were responsible for your own stuff... no one was always watchingover you..
Pros
good company
Cons
good company
Enjoyed being around people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON31 October 2015
Purolator was very busy but enjoyable place to work.Co workers were fun to be around.Management support was always there.If we had a problem they would help in resolving it.Not to much paper work as it was all computers at the end.
Pros
Clients always happy, good benefits paid breaks, pension, and holidays.
Cons
long hours, Over loadding of parcels, missed place parcels, Had to work through lunch at times.
Normal Operations
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, Ontario6 August 2015
A typical day involves payroll, running the operation and quick thinking as always something new happens.

I have learned to work and lead a high performance team in a normal day and those days where everything goes wrong.

I and prioritize my days accordingly and complete all tasks no matter the hours that need to put in.

The best part about my job is the quick thinking and being able to see the things I do and how it effects the whole operation.
Pros
Flexible hours
Overall a great company.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario24 August 2015
As a national company, Purolator does a tremendous job ensuring they play their part in Canada's social world while maintaining a competitive stance in a very demanding industry. Most terminals that I had the pleasure of visiting were very enthusiastic about the work they performed and were extremely welcoming to everyone who walked through their doors.
Constant changes is sales directions
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2015
Senior management not understanding local economies; Central Canada vs Prairie industry needs. Sales philosophies became too restrictive to allow success for territory reps.
Pros
great training, ISO environment
Cons
Head office
Customer Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB Canada3 November 2015
It was a friendly place with good people. We spoke to clients about their packages and found solutions. I liked working with the computer system there and found my boss to be a reasonable person.
Overall a very enjoyable place to work.
SORTER LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB2 June 2015
Very time sensitive

Learned WHIMIS / MSDS - dangerous goods handling

How to work with others .

Extremely repetitive

Awesome Management / Recruiting / Accounting team

Hardest part of the job was working with adults who had a very childish point of view, and general lack of respect for other colleagues points of view.

Co-workers seemed to have a very friendly off work relationship with each other.

Very niche, and clique style of work groups.

Graveyard shifts, with varying work loads, hardly consistent except during the holidays.
Pros
Union benefits, management always brought in Tim Hortons, and organized pot lucks, or had fruit / veggie platters.
Cons
Childish competition. Uncertain work loads. Niche / Clique groups .
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2015
my work there was good as at the time and i loved it cus of the friendly work environment over there the only reason i left was cus i was in school as at that time.
Part Time
Inside Sales (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario30 September 2015
you get 30% off purchases and meet alot of athletes, but their is no room for growth. Once you work their you might end up there for life.

Great to work as your first job or a part time job
Pros
meet alot of athletes
Cons
no room for growth
This was a fun productive company, would definitely return if offered
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2014
I enjoyed my job at Purolator, cold calling was made fun by competing with your teammates
I really gained a lot of knowledge of the industry, competition and just the reach of logistics and the overall impact on a company's bottom line
My co-workers were always great and ready to help, I dont have many negatives.
management changes affected employee moral somewhat, there was some uncertainty while i was there, seems to have been fixed now.
A strong Canadian presence, will continue to grow overall
Be your own boss!
Relief Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2015
As an owner operator for Purolator you basically are your own boss.
Set your own pace as long as the job gets done professionally.
Pros
being your own boss
Cons
tough to have a vacation
Good pay but scaroborough depot has poor management
PM sorter, Receptacle operative specialist (Former Employee) –  90 silver star blvd10 June 2014
The pay is amazing and they start at $15/hr and in 2 years it goes up to 23 but the work load and overall stress of the job is not worth the amount of money they pay. They cut back on workers and hours to save money leaving the remaining employees with more work.
Pros
45 min break, nice coworkers and great pay
Cons
too much work, management is bad
I really enjoyed my time at Purolator and was sad to have to leave due to my class schedule. Such a fun place to work and a rewarding job!
Vehicle Maintenance/ Sort (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 November 2015
When I started at Purolator, I applied for a truck parking position. It worked perfectly with my school schedule while still allowing me to have a work/life balance. My trainer was very patient and calm the whole training period. Once I managed to park the trucks in a reasonable time, backing them all inside the building, I began washing them as well. After that I began to show up early on days when my class schedule allowed. Over the summer months I offered to help them sort the afternoon packages and really got to know my coworkers. Virtually everyone was happy and typically positive. After I began to help with PM dock, I was trained to cover for my lead hand while he went on holidays. I was always excited to learn new tasks and help everyone out. The hardest part of my job was the first couple of shifts by myself. I was not a strong parallel-parker in the beginning and was very nervous about the required proximity. They had faith in me, so I had faith in me, which worked! I improved rapidly. The best part of my job was enjoying going to work and feeling appreciated.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Extreme outdoor temperatures
Provided great development opportunities
Quality Manager - Sales Effectiveness (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario15 August 2013
When first joining Purolator, I was an entry level administrator. I was afforded a great opportunity to work under a leader who help developed my skill set. I was provided wonderful opportunities to improve my skill, exposure to projects and the ability to lead and manage teams.
Great Pay and Benefits, Potential for min 20 hours weekly
Sorter/Workplace Trainer/Stand-by DGs (Current Employee) –  hamilton, Ont3 January 2014
Not much I can say. There is always room to learn and advance within the company if you have to drive to do so.

Alot of employees hold part time hours if you hold less than 8 years of seniority..
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Low hour Bands, a lot of Part Time Work
Positive and constructive with all co-workers
Operations Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2013
It was an overall good experience working for Purolator Inc. The normal day would consist of planning classes, facilitating classes, watching operations to recommend improvments to process, and performing a self audits on safety, and training. I learned to become a leader, mentor within the workplace trainers, as well as for new employees. Also I learned the role of a professional/management employee, including the responsibilities. My co-workers and I always tried to keep a positive atomoshere and attitude in the the workplace. Since I did not have a schedule that was strictly days, I found that I would have to work on different shifts. I found this to be challenging when it came to changing my times. The part of the job I enjoyed the most was teaching the process and values of the company, and help coach employee's into the right direction.
Pros
everyone work as a team
Cons
may take some time to change certain process
Extremely fast paced working environment
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga14 August 2013
Collect on National accounts deemed at 14, 30, 45, 60 days past due, placing outbound calls daily, reconciling, posting payment via SAP system. Monthly meeting with Collection Manager as to where business stands concerning target levels
great atmosphere, good people
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 September 2014
I really enjoyed my experience with Purolator.
Great management teams, good employee morale.
Loved being in a generalist role where I was involved in all apsects of HR and being part of decision making and results.
productive and very efficient workplace
Lead Hand, Shipping (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 March 2015
An overall great company to work for.. great benefits, employees are likeable and management is awesome. I've had quite an experience so far working at this company.
It is good for students in the summer.
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 April 2013
It's a job. Good pay for what is expected. Benefits are good, Hours are not. Generally it's evening shifts and night shifts. Loading and unloading transport trailers. Loading aircrafts. Wearhouse work