PUROLATOR INC Employee Reviews

Challenges you on a daily basis to succeed through people
Senior District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
Created a challenge on a daily basis, rewarded by the employees and management team aligning their efforts to deliver a positive customer experience.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Downsizing
Enjoyed being around people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON31 October 2015
Purolator was very busy but enjoyable place to work.Co workers were fun to be around.Management support was always there.If we had a problem they would help in resolving it.Not to much paper work as it was all computers at the end.
Pros
Clients always happy, good benefits paid breaks, pension, and holidays.
Cons
long hours, Over loadding of parcels, missed place parcels, Had to work through lunch at times.
Overall a very enjoyable place to work.
SORTER LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB2 June 2015
Very time sensitive

Learned WHIMIS / MSDS - dangerous goods handling

How to work with others .

Extremely repetitive

Awesome Management / Recruiting / Accounting team

Hardest part of the job was working with adults who had a very childish point of view, and general lack of respect for other colleagues points of view.

Co-workers seemed to have a very friendly off work relationship with each other.

Very niche, and clique style of work groups.

Graveyard shifts, with varying work loads, hardly consistent except during the holidays.
Pros
Union benefits, management always brought in Tim Hortons, and organized pot lucks, or had fruit / veggie platters.
Cons
Childish competition. Uncertain work loads. Niche / Clique groups .
Balanced environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2016
Great employment appreciation days. Flexible with management. Coworkers great to work with giving it a light hearted environment to work in. Great computer software systems used here.
love it love it
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2016
I love working
I would love to go back and work here
I wish my dept didn't relocate. my manager was great ..
day was great yo were responsible for your own stuff... no one was always watchingover you..
Pros
good company
Cons
good company
productive and very efficient workplace
Lead Hand, Shipping (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 March 2015
An overall great company to work for.. great benefits, employees are likeable and management is awesome. I've had quite an experience so far working at this company.
Great Pay and Benefits, Potential for min 20 hours weekly
Sorter/Workplace Trainer/Stand-by DGs (Current Employee) –  hamilton, Ont3 January 2014
Not much I can say. There is always room to learn and advance within the company if you have to drive to do so.

Alot of employees hold part time hours if you hold less than 8 years of seniority..
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Low hour Bands, a lot of Part Time Work
Transportation/Courier/Freight Industry
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario9 July 2014
I've been able to gain knowledge in this industry after 9 years in a supportive role.

Advancement opportunities are few and far.

Good benefits.
It is good for students in the summer.
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 April 2013
It's a job. Good pay for what is expected. Benefits are good, Hours are not. Generally it's evening shifts and night shifts. Loading and unloading transport trailers. Loading aircrafts. Wearhouse work
I really enjoyed my time at Purolator and was sad to have to leave due to my class schedule. Such a fun place to work and a rewarding job!
Vehicle Maintenance/ Sort (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 November 2015
When I started at Purolator, I applied for a truck parking position. It worked perfectly with my school schedule while still allowing me to have a work/life balance. My trainer was very patient and calm the whole training period. Once I managed to park the trucks in a reasonable time, backing them all inside the building, I began washing them as well. After that I began to show up early on days when my class schedule allowed. Over the summer months I offered to help them sort the afternoon packages and really got to know my coworkers. Virtually everyone was happy and typically positive. After I began to help with PM dock, I was trained to cover for my lead hand while he went on holidays. I was always excited to learn new tasks and help everyone out. The hardest part of my job was the first couple of shifts by myself. I was not a strong parallel-parker in the beginning and was very nervous about the required proximity. They had faith in me, so I had faith in me, which worked! I improved rapidly. The best part of my job was enjoying going to work and feeling appreciated.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Extreme outdoor temperatures
Great organization to work. Good pay and you meet a lot of people.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2014
Being a courier for the last eight years at Purolator, I've met many great customers and colleagues that I've worked with. My typical day involves ensuring that my vehicle is safe to operate before leaving the terminal, prioritizing my delivery and pickup stops, building good relationships with my customers, and ensuring proper unloading of hazardous materials at the end of day.

The management at my terminal is there to support the courier unit. They do an excellent job for the most part. You can always communicate any issues freely with them and they will followup within an acceptable time.

The best part of the job is the customers you meet. You start to develop relationships and be on first name basis with all of them pretty quickly. It's enjoyable for the most part (everybody has bad days) and as long as you are able to prioritize your time, pretty much stress free. You will work hard, but you won't have a lot of...annoyances that some jobs come with.
Pros
Good income, physical work, stress free, meet a lot of people
Cons
Most shifts are 10 hour bands which makes it difficult for family life
Normal Operations
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, Ontario6 August 2015
A typical day involves payroll, running the operation and quick thinking as always something new happens.

I have learned to work and lead a high performance team in a normal day and those days where everything goes wrong.

I and prioritize my days accordingly and complete all tasks no matter the hours that need to put in.

The best part about my job is the quick thinking and being able to see the things I do and how it effects the whole operation.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Positive and constructive with all co-workers
Operations Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2013
It was an overall good experience working for Purolator Inc. The normal day would consist of planning classes, facilitating classes, watching operations to recommend improvments to process, and performing a self audits on safety, and training. I learned to become a leader, mentor within the workplace trainers, as well as for new employees. Also I learned the role of a professional/management employee, including the responsibilities. My co-workers and I always tried to keep a positive atomoshere and attitude in the the workplace. Since I did not have a schedule that was strictly days, I found that I would have to work on different shifts. I found this to be challenging when it came to changing my times. The part of the job I enjoyed the most was teaching the process and values of the company, and help coach employee's into the right direction.
Pros
everyone work as a team
Cons
may take some time to change certain process
This was a fun productive company, would definitely return if offered
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2014
I enjoyed my job at Purolator, cold calling was made fun by competing with your teammates
I really gained a lot of knowledge of the industry, competition and just the reach of logistics and the overall impact on a company's bottom line
My co-workers were always great and ready to help, I dont have many negatives.
management changes affected employee moral somewhat, there was some uncertainty while i was there, seems to have been fixed now.
A strong Canadian presence, will continue to grow overall
Constant changes is sales directions
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2015
Senior management not understanding local economies; Central Canada vs Prairie industry needs. Sales philosophies became too restrictive to allow success for territory reps.
Pros
great training, ISO environment
Cons
Head office
Good pay but scaroborough depot has poor management
PM sorter, Receptacle operative specialist (Former Employee) –  90 silver star blvd10 June 2014
The pay is amazing and they start at $15/hr and in 2 years it goes up to 23 but the work load and overall stress of the job is not worth the amount of money they pay. They cut back on workers and hours to save money leaving the remaining employees with more work.
Pros
45 min break, nice coworkers and great pay
Cons
too much work, management is bad
Overall a great company.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario24 August 2015
As a national company, Purolator does a tremendous job ensuring they play their part in Canada's social world while maintaining a competitive stance in a very demanding industry. Most terminals that I had the pleasure of visiting were very enthusiastic about the work they performed and were extremely welcoming to everyone who walked through their doors.
Great place to grow
Clerical Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 October 2012
Everyday is a new day.
I started out in data entry and moved my way up to management.
The team is great.
Pros
room for growth.
Cons
sometimes long hours
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2015
my work there was good as at the time and i loved it cus of the friendly work environment over there the only reason i left was cus i was in school as at that time.
Customer Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB Canada3 November 2015
It was a friendly place with good people. We spoke to clients about their packages and found solutions. I liked working with the computer system there and found my boss to be a reasonable person.