PUROLATOR INC Employee Reviews

Customer focused
Field Service Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2017
Learned how the management wants their employees to work.
The hardest part of job lots of administration work to be taken care off and less IT related
Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2017
Purolator is a very family oriented environment. The expectations and workload are extremely large but the benefits outweigh the negatives.
Flexible hours
Great staff - very professional
Sound decision making
Fair compensation package
I enjoyed my time working for this company , had great coworkers, managers, and the job /role was fun, exciting and challenging for many years.
Fun workplace
Retail Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
Management is great, with a number of different locations to move to. Always room to move up in the company when another position becomes available.
Good Place to work
Promotes within
Promotes work life balance
Innovative
Fun
Challenges you on a daily basis to succeed through people
Senior District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
Created a challenge on a daily basis, rewarded by the employees and management team aligning their efforts to deliver a positive customer experience.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Downsizing
Balanced environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2016
Great employment appreciation days. Flexible with management. Coworkers great to work with giving it a light hearted environment to work in. Great computer software systems used here.
love it love it
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2016
I love working
I would love to go back and work here
I wish my dept didn't relocate. my manager was great ..
day was great yo were responsible for your own stuff... no one was always watchingover you..
Pros
good company
Cons
good company
I really enjoyed my time at Purolator and was sad to have to leave due to my class schedule. Such a fun place to work and a rewarding job!
Vehicle Maintenance/ Sort (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 November 2015
When I started at Purolator, I applied for a truck parking position. It worked perfectly with my school schedule while still allowing me to have a work/life balance. My trainer was very patient and calm the whole training period. Once I managed to park the trucks in a reasonable time, backing them all inside the building, I began washing them as well. After that I began to show up early on days when my class schedule allowed. Over the summer months I offered to help them sort the afternoon packages and really got to know my coworkers. Virtually everyone was happy and typically positive. After I began to help with PM dock, I was trained to cover for my lead hand while he went on holidays. I was always excited to learn new tasks and help everyone out. The hardest part of my job was the first couple of shifts by myself. I was not a strong parallel-parker in the beginning and was very nervous about the required proximity. They had faith in me, so I had faith in me, which worked! I improved rapidly. The best part of my job was enjoying going to work and feeling appreciated.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Extreme outdoor temperatures
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2015
my work there was good as at the time and i loved it cus of the friendly work environment over there the only reason i left was cus i was in school as at that time.
Customer Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB Canada3 November 2015
It was a friendly place with good people. We spoke to clients about their packages and found solutions. I liked working with the computer system there and found my boss to be a reasonable person.
Enjoyed being around people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON31 October 2015
Purolator was very busy but enjoyable place to work.Co workers were fun to be around.Management support was always there.If we had a problem they would help in resolving it.Not to much paper work as it was all computers at the end.
Pros
Clients always happy, good benefits paid breaks, pension, and holidays.
Cons
long hours, Over loadding of parcels, missed place parcels, Had to work through lunch at times.
Constant changes is sales directions
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2015
Senior management not understanding local economies; Central Canada vs Prairie industry needs. Sales philosophies became too restrictive to allow success for territory reps.
Pros
great training, ISO environment
Cons
Head office
Part Time
Inside Sales (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario30 September 2015
you get 30% off purchases and meet alot of athletes, but their is no room for growth. Once you work their you might end up there for life.

Great to work as your first job or a part time job
Pros
meet alot of athletes
Cons
no room for growth
Be your own boss!
Relief Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2015
As an owner operator for Purolator you basically are your own boss.
Set your own pace as long as the job gets done professionally.
Pros
being your own boss
Cons
tough to have a vacation
Overall a great company.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario24 August 2015
As a national company, Purolator does a tremendous job ensuring they play their part in Canada's social world while maintaining a competitive stance in a very demanding industry. Most terminals that I had the pleasure of visiting were very enthusiastic about the work they performed and were extremely welcoming to everyone who walked through their doors.
Normal Operations
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, Ontario6 August 2015
A typical day involves payroll, running the operation and quick thinking as always something new happens.

I have learned to work and lead a high performance team in a normal day and those days where everything goes wrong.

I and prioritize my days accordingly and complete all tasks no matter the hours that need to put in.

The best part about my job is the quick thinking and being able to see the things I do and how it effects the whole operation.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Overall a very enjoyable place to work.
SORTER LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB2 June 2015
Very time sensitive

Learned WHIMIS / MSDS - dangerous goods handling

How to work with others .

Extremely repetitive

Awesome Management / Recruiting / Accounting team

Hardest part of the job was working with adults who had a very childish point of view, and general lack of respect for other colleagues points of view.

Co-workers seemed to have a very friendly off work relationship with each other.

Very niche, and clique style of work groups.

Graveyard shifts, with varying work loads, hardly consistent except during the holidays.
Pros
Union benefits, management always brought in Tim Hortons, and organized pot lucks, or had fruit / veggie platters.
Cons
Childish competition. Uncertain work loads. Niche / Clique groups .
productive and very efficient workplace
Lead Hand, Shipping (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 March 2015
An overall great company to work for.. great benefits, employees are likeable and management is awesome. I've had quite an experience so far working at this company.
This was a fun productive company, would definitely return if offered
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2014
I enjoyed my job at Purolator, cold calling was made fun by competing with your teammates
I really gained a lot of knowledge of the industry, competition and just the reach of logistics and the overall impact on a company's bottom line
My co-workers were always great and ready to help, I dont have many negatives.
management changes affected employee moral somewhat, there was some uncertainty while i was there, seems to have been fixed now.
A strong Canadian presence, will continue to grow overall
Very accommodating Managers
Custumer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 October 2014
Great company to work at. Lots of advantage to climb the ladder. Co-workers are wonderful people. Wages are exceptional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PUROLATOR INC. Our community is ready to answer.